Firewood Vaporizer

Mr Mellish

Sorry, folks. I've read through this thread but much of it was before I had the FW3 in my hot little hands. Are there key points to dialing this thing in?

With three sessions, I've gotten some vapor but the effects are minimal. This strikes me as strange because the ABV is as brown as the ESV gets it (but nearly as toasted as the Crafty gets it).

Mr Mellish,

spectruhmz

Sorry, folks. I've read through this thread but much of it was before I had the FW3 in my hot little hands. Are there key points to dialing this thing in?

With three sessions, I've gotten some vapor but the effects are minimal. This strikes me as strange because the ABV is as brown as the ESV gets it (but nearly as toasted as the Crafty gets it).
are you grinding up your bud and not pulling super hard?

spectruhmz,

Mr Mellish

are you grinding up your bud and not pulling super hard?

The grind is more fluffy than powdery. I'm trying not to pull super hard but the thing likes to go nighty-night on me if I pull at a rate I would consider "medium" (as the manual suggests) for the Crafty/ESV.

Mr Mellish,

spectruhmz

Honestly I don't know as my unit appears to be lost in transit :( hopefully my unit works when I finally get it.

spectruhmz,

Kaptan

The grind is more fluffy than powdery. I'm trying not to pull super hard but the thing likes to go nighty-night on me if I pull at a rate I would consider "medium" (as the manual suggests) for the Crafty/ESV.
Try this - without the mouthpiece inserted, inhale for a few seconds to engage the heater, then look in the chamber and once you see the coil just starting to glow, insert your mouthpiece and inhale at a medium and steady rate. You should be getting vapor this way. Repeat as necessary till you are familiar with the heating cycle.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Was really close to pull the trigger on the FW3.0....maybe later, for the moment I need to save funds for my daughter!

I didn't know they made it in 18mm, the f-bomb yes but not the PNWT, I would prefer to got a 18mm (I can use it with more vaporizers&watertools!)

in reply to Nosmoking

PPN,

Mr Mellish

Try this - without the mouthpiece inserted, inhale for a few seconds to engage the heater, then look in the chamber and once you see the coil just starting to glow, insert your mouthpiece and inhale at a medium and steady rate. You should be getting vapor this way. Repeat as necessary till you are familiar with the heating cycle.

Interesting. I tried that. No coil glow. I'm assuming it should be as obvious as the ESV coil but I'm not seeing anything. This is with a fully charged battery and inhaling for up to 5 seconds (MFLB native style on the hole where the mouthpiece goes).

Mr Mellish,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Interesting. I tried that. No coil glow. I'm assuming it should be as obvious as the ESV coil but I'm not seeing anything. This is with a fully charged battery and inhaling for up to 5 seconds (MFLB native style on the hole where the mouthpiece goes).
What heat setting are you using? Did you try the coil glow test on setting 4?

nosmoking,

Mr Mellish

What heat setting are you using? Did you try the coil glow test on setting 4?

DOH!!!!

Might have been on one. Pulled the mouthpiece and tried again on four. I didn't see it light up but could certainly feel the heat.

Still not much in the way of vapor on four.

Mr Mellish,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
There should be no/barely light on one but a definite glow on 3 and 4 it should appear at least 15 seconds in.

paytonpenn,

radiant34

You have to have the slightest initial puff and pull very slow thereafter. When you pull slow you'll feel heat rising through the mouthpiece and you feel the hits will get harsh and hearty. That's when you know u got your technique down
DOH!!!!

Might have been on one. Pulled the mouthpiece and tried again on four. I didn't see it light up but could certainly feel the heat.

Still not much in the way of vapor on four.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Make sure you are giving the first light up about 15 seconds before expecting it to appear @Mr Mellish. The first ignite of the heater is automatic from when you set your temp basically and takes about 15 seconds to notice visually. After this initial heat your draw will activate the heater just like the ESV, but not for the first initial. If you change temps mid use or something, the device will adjust to that temperature range and will require your draw for the coil to light up.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I was getting decent results last night. I would just inhale normal at first, but then I realized I could feel the heat kick in at about 3 seconds after I started drawing.
Tonight I've been toying with pauses. Oh my good gravy. If I just randomly pause and start up again on Heat 3 it gets pretty harsh. However, I have not had consistent results with a water tool. I can definitely see some misting in the tool, but not nearly as heavy as some of the videos. So, I'm about to try my water tool on 4 and try a 3 second pause after the initial "wake up" puff and I'll see if I can't make some clouds.

I don't normally go for clouds of vapor, but I like to understand my toy and how it works. I'm a weed dork. What can I say? I love my vaporizers and I wish I could have them all. Hahahaha
I hadn't thought of doing it precisely like this, but I did puff without the mouthpiece to see what was happening. This is great advice!

You have to have the slightest initial puff and pull very slow thereafter. When you pull slow you'll feel heat rising through the mouthpiece and you feel the hits will get harsh and hearty. That's when you know u got your technique down
I still haven't mastered this, but I'm getting better at it. It's not that it's hard...it's just...if I just pull on it it's a little stronger than the MFLB, which is OK...but I've sometimes achieved results comparable to my LSV with the standard wand at about 1 o'clock.

EDIT: Well, I just tossed in a tiny bit of herb into the capsule. I waited 20 seconds and placed the FW onto the water tool. I inhaled firm and brief and just waited 3 seconds before drawing normal. It got thick in there. Easily extracted down to dark brown. Thanks for all the advice, friends!

Last edited:

Frandemarco

Anyone know how it compares to the flowermate 5.0s., for the price this unit kicks my ass. Any fw3 and flowermate comparison?

Frandemarco,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I pack a bowl and start at setting 2, working my way up to 4, and finishing with the water tool. If I don't finish with the water tool, I keep it on setting 3 and it seems to last forever! There is a small bit of learning curve to really master this vape...but it just seems to be a starter inhale and a brief pause.

I've been using this little guy a lot, and everyone agrees: it's beautiful to look at and feels nice when it's warm. It is so unique...I really love this little guy. It's easily worth the price! Obviously I'm hopeful to see an improvement to the battery cover...but then it would seriously be worth much more (as you could charge and carry batteries with you for when you need extra sessions).

little maggie

@firewood
Marc, I'm loving my fw3. It's been my daily on the go device since I got it.
My only problem is (besides no user replaceable batteries :horse:, I can't stress this enough), I only have 2 mouthpieces because I bought the only extra that you had in stock at time of purchase, and when i check the site has been out of stock since.
I know after cleaning the 2 I have, that you are probably spending more time building units, instead of the mouthpieces.

Would selling a 12" piece of silicone with say a 6 pack of
mouthpieces/capsules/o-rings for the customer to assemble be a viable option?You would still be assembling one mouthpiece for every unit sold, so customer would have a fully assembled mouthpiece to go by, but it might save you some o so precious time while demand is high and people are wanting to throw money at you.

Just a thought I had, of course I don't know what your inventory is like.
Just bought a couple more mouthpieces- in stock now.

Haven't achieved vapor yet and have tried most of the suggestions. Any other suggestions? My case gets very hot- is that normal?

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Anyone know how it compares to the flowermate 5.0s., for the price this unit kicks my ass. Any fw3 and flowermate comparison?
It kicks the Flowermate's ass as well. Everywhere except battery.

I have the Flowermate V5.0S Pro and although it heats up quick and has a great battery life, it only provides wispy vapor at best and to me is not efficient. I agree that the Firewood 3 is much better option. Any time you put a convection vape against a conduction vape, I'm going to choose the convection vaporizer.

Last edited:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Anyone know the best way to contact Marc? I've reached out to him here, but have not heard from him.

Slow Draw McGraw,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Usually he responds to emails quickly. I am getting similar issues to what @paytonpenn mentioned earlier (audible beeps) starting as of this past Friday. I emailed Marc on Monday and still have not heard back. Typically he responds within 24 hours to my emails as I have many back and forth with him over the past two months. I was trying to give him some time to respond in case something is keeping him busy that needs more attention then my issue but it would be nice to get a response today so I know what is going on.
@firewood Where are you bud?

ren.dnb

Usually he responds to emails quickly. I am getting similar issues to what @paytonpenn mentioned earlier (audible beeps) starting as of this past Friday. I emailed Marc on Monday and still have not heard back. Typically he responds within 24 hours to my emails as I have many back and forth with him over the past two months. I was trying to give him some time to respond in case something is keeping him busy that needs more attention then my issue but it would be nice to get a response today so I know what is going on.

He's probably busy as hell getting these things made I'd assume. But yeah I've emailed him a few times over the past month and still haven't heard back from him. He did send me a note when he sent off my Firewood 3.0 so that was a nice touch.

Received my Black Friday order on Monday afternoon! Charged her up and when I was home for the evening, I loaded up a capsule and took it for a test drive. I started off on the 3rd setting as I like a warm vapor experience, and got some decent clouds (they were wispy, but I'm not a cloud chaser. Thats what my e-cig is for). I followed the instructions to the letter:
  • Loaded capsule and installed to the Firewood
  • Took a primer hit and waited about 10 seconds
  • Took a nice long slow 20 second draw. Nice cloud
  • All hits after this were 15 seconds long and got decent clouds
  • I didn't count the number of hits but kept on going until the clouds were super thin
  • Put the Firewood 3.0 down and knighted it into being my new daily driver
Really loving this thing. I was blowing the learning curve out of proportion but it really isn't that bad. I like the vibration responses to settings and the auto on and off. I literally just have to pick it up and start vaporizing.

I'll see what happens after a couple of weeks. But so far, over the past couple of days its been great! I'm once again excited to come home and vape. Best part of all, my dog doesn't bark when I'm vaping. I've gotten used to her going nuts to the hiss of The Hammer lol, but its really nice to vape without a dog constantly barking at me.

Anyway, those are initial impressions, I'll post up more thoughts as time rolls on.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Follow up on this- Marc has responded to my email and has started the RMA process with me already. So sad to send her back in, but at least it's only temporary.

Edric al-Fali

Got my tracking number today. Sadly, I think it will be coming monday, and I will be gone most of next week. At least I will have a present waiting for me when I get back. As a bonus, next week is going to be a t break as well.

I hope it will be snowing by then. I want to take a walk and enjoy the lights.

Top Bottom