Firewood Vaporizer

Mulehead

This thing is becoming the perfect little portable for me.
A stealthy on demand pure convection with respectable battery life, wrapped in beautiful natural wood!
It's just so convenient to medicate as needed, and the FW3 makes this possible.
Vapor production and taste are incredible for such a small, easy to conceal package.
I've been getting log type effeciency, and a log vape really is the best comparison in my line up, with the FW3 winning in clouds and taste IME.

Great great great product @firewood!!!
Thank you for giving us customers options on when and where we want to medicate. I'm used to the vaporizer dictating this for me, not anymore!

Last edited:

little maggie

DOH!!!!

Might have been on one. Pulled the mouthpiece and tried again on four. I didn't see it light up but could certainly feel the heat.

Still not much in the way of vapor on four.
Just wondering if you've resolved this since I'm having the same experience. I start with the firewood and when it starts tasting burnt switch to my air. No clouds with the firewood and only a slight feeling. It is not combusting- the ABV is a light brown.

little maggie,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Psyched!!!
  • Expected Delivery Day: Monday, December 14, 2015
Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
  • Priority Mail 2-Day™
Features:
    • USPS Tracking™
    • Up to $100 insurance included
      Restrictions Apply Priority Mail Insurance info icon

Date & Time

Status of Item

December 9, 2015 , 10:01 pm

Departed Post Office

BOSTON, MA 02205

Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on December 9, 2015 at 10:01 pm in BOSTON, MA 02205.

December 9, 2015 , 9:21 pm

Acceptance

BOSTON, MA 02205

December 9, 2015

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

Mr Mellish

Just wondering if you've resolved this since I'm having the same experience. I start with the firewood and when it starts tasting burnt switch to my air. No clouds with the firewood and only a slight feeling. It is not combusting- the ABV is a light brown.

The process spelled out by @ren.dnb helped a bit. That priming draw with the delay is getting me more vapor and effect but I still have tweaking to do.

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: ren.dnb

Frandemarco

Great firewood is back in stock....almost pulled the trigger to buy a plenty lol. Just wondering how long does delivery usually take?

Frandemarco,

ren.dnb

The process spelled out by @ren.dnb helped a bit. That priming draw with the delay is getting me more vapor and effect but I still have tweaking to do.

Glad that helped you out a bit. I vape on the 2nd or 3rd setting depending on what I'm feeling. I'm still trying to see which one I like more lol. Last night I hung around on the 2nd setting most of the night. Tonight I might try staying on the 3rd setting. I get clouds out of this thing, and last night they were fairly comparable if not a bit better than what I get out of The Hammer 2.0.

I find that playing around with that priming hit delay is a good trick. I wait about 15 seconds after my priming hit before taking a nice long medium paced draw, about 15- 20 seconds (I can hear Adam Sandler singing "Take a draw at a medium pace..."). That gives me a decent cloud. All other hits are between 10 - 15 seconds after that.

I fill my capsule up about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way, and its a medium fine grind on the material. Anyway, heard back from Marc last night so looks like he's responding to emails slowly but surely. He told me he's completely slammed right now lol. Go figure!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I've been using it daily and have a few extra thoughts. My only real complaint is the batteries. They don't really last that long, they take a long time to charge, I can't charge and use at the same time, and of course that battery compartment I'm afraid to unscrew.

The tiny little capsule has left me wishing I had bought extra capsules. Going to do that this weekend.

Finally, I think some sort of longer stem would be a really nice option. The end. TOKE TOKE

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I've been using it daily and have a few extra thoughts. My only real complaint is the batteries. They don't really last that long, they take a long time to charge, I can't charge and use at the same time, and of course that battery compartment I'm afraid to unscrew.

The tiny little capsule has left me wishing I had bought extra capsules. Going to do that this weekend.

Finally, I think some sort of longer stem would be a really nice option. The end. TOKE TOKE
Have you looked into the battery pack? I also use my Firewood 3 daily also but I charge in between use so I don't have to use the battery pack. I have it just incase. I have used it once. It's nice to know you have a full life of battery on standby.
https://shop5.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&cat=&query_string=7726858

ren.dnb

Yeah, use while charging would be awesome. I was hoping that would have been changed in the 3.0, but it is what it is. I would like a slightly longer stem as well lol. As far as the battery life goes, I'm not sure of your usage, but mine will last me roughly 2 nights; I vape when I get home from work which is about 3-4 hits, then I vape again around 8pm or so and off and on through out the night until about 1am (taking between 2-4 hits each session). I guess I'm a lightweight since I started vaping a couple of years ago lol.

I usually charge it up when the battery tells me its at 50% or so (2 buzzes). Regarding the battery door, I wonder if you could modify it to use magnets instead of screws.... what do you think @firewood ?

All this being said, they're just nit picks. Other than that, loving the efficiency of the 3.0. Ranks right up there with my Hammer. But.... no dog barking when I use it, thats my favorite part lol.

Last edited:

Frandemarco

How is the efficiency on this guys? N also how does it rank with other convection vapes like firefly and elevape

Frandemarco,

friedrich

Little-Known Member
How is the efficiency on this guys? N also how does it rank with other convection vapes like firefly and elevape
If by efficiency you mean the ability to extract thoroughly from small amounts of bud, the FW is excellent. It even seems to handle micro doses more easily than my Nano, which sometimes doesn't do so well below a certain amount (it'll only turn it yellow).

I also posted on page 60 my thoughts on ESV vs FW3.

ren.dnb

If by efficiency you mean the ability to extract thoroughly from small amounts of bud, the FW is excellent. It even seems to handle micro doses more easily than my Nano, which sometimes doesn't do so well below a certain amount (it'll only turn it yellow).

I also posted on page 60 my thoughts on ESV vs FW3.

Gotta say that Elevape looks interesting lol. I like the rustic feel of the Firewood though, but if VAS was something I could entertain all the time, I'd own both lol.

I agree with the above statement; efficiency is great. For me I can fill up a capsule 1/2 to 3/4 of the way and toke off it all night. Doesn't take much for me nowadays, but it is efficient. Just to give you guys an example, I've been trying to play my ps4 this past week. But I'll sit down, toke off the Firewood, crank up the console, then end up switching back to the TV and passing out for an hour lol.

rainydaylair

Just wondering, how safe is the air path on this vape? From what I've read it seems all good except for the fact that there might be a nichrome heating element in the vapor path. Is this true of the newest firewood, or only with the older versions?

Last edited:
rainydaylair,
Reactions: btka
Top Bottom