Firewood Vaporizer

Tickdickler

I like this version of Firewood much much more than the previous ones (cause it's faster to heat up most likely and just looks better) and I would bang my head in a wall for pre-ordering the RBT USB, which I will not probably enjoy until 2016, if it was not for the FW's rechargeable nature… As I like spending time outdoors and vape with friends, I would really prefer changing batteries on the spot instead of having to wait for 2-3 hours every five loads… :\

If you brought a flat head couldn't you technically swap batteries with this version? I know that may seem like a pain but I believe the option is there.

Frank Reynolds

I wouldn't mind if it can be done regularly without problems… :)
Yeah I'd like some clarification on this. I think it's been said that it was designed for user replaceable but not swappable batteries.

Does this mean if someone like natural farmer does want to swap them on a consistent basis he would run into issues or do you just say that because it requires a screwdriver and removing four screws?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hard to tell without seeing more details. But if the screw holes are directly in the wood, undo them a few times and you'll likely ruin the threadings... :/

I read that it uses 4 cells so I assume it's still using those crappy NiMh packs like in the previous versions. They take forever to charge, then don't hold much voltage (need to hold the trigger longer and longer to get enough heat, as the V2.1 at least had no voltage regulator) and they don't age well.

If I wasn't so disappointed by my V2.1, I would be very excited by this new version. But as it is, I'm vaguely intrigued at best...

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
Does this mean if someone like natural farmer does want to swap them on a consistent basis he would run into issues or do you just say that because it requires a screwdriver and removing four screws?
I've been waiting for this question. From the sounds of it the fact you need a screwdriver and the cover could break is the problem. Their aa so you wouldn't think constant change would be a problem. I don't really know though. If it's just a cover problem I'd rig my own.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
So the screws are super long and there are 4 of them. There are also AA eneloop batteries powering the unit. Pretty much the same as the others in my opinion.

It's a hassle swapping since there are 4 individual batteries and you'd have to carry those with you. There's a lot of pressure holding the lid down and those screws are still long yet tiny. You'd be a sad fellow if a screw was lost to the ground.

You can swap if you want but its not something you'd want to do in a busy environment. But totally possible on a daily basis if needed.

Frank Reynolds

Hoping for (but not really counting on) some good news today. I don't know of any "expedited" shipping services that take more than 3 full business days. Maybe he ordered from China or something.

Last edited:
Frank Reynolds,

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I was hoping for an email for shipping today but I guess no luck on that. He said he would receive whatever he needs between 22-27th. I'll be happy as along as I get it before the 28th or I'll be a little disappointed. I bought this just for my end of month road trip for Halloween. If not I'll probably get a refund and just play the wait and see if I get one in the future.

Frank Reynolds

I was hoping for an email for shipping today but I guess no luck on that. He said he would receive whatever he needs between 22-27th. I'll be happy as along as I get it before the 28th or I'll be a little disappointed. I bought this just for my end of month road trip for Halloween. If not I'll probably get a refund and just play the wait and see if I get one in the future.
I personally think free overnight shipping would be fair seeing as how we ordered a product that was supposedly in stock at the time but clearly wasn't.

Frank Reynolds,
Reactions: smutman

firewood

Manufacturer
Hoping for (but not really counting on) some good news today. I don't know of any "expedited" shipping services that take more than 3 days. Maybe he ordered from China or something.
yeah, i did order from China :|

Then Tuesday came along and DHL said it was still in East China so I found a place to order from California and ordered it with Fedex 2 day. Fedex tracking says it will be here tomorrow morning, so shipment of the vape batch seems likely late tomorrow or Saturday morning.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I personally think free overnight shipping would be fair seeing as how we ordered a product that was supposedly in stock at the time but clearly wasn't.
Yea, you're right. If it was "in stock" then we would have them by now. He did break whatever to finish making these vapes the day of shipping. Don't agree with the overnight part but the free shipping part I do agree with.

yeah, i did order from China :|

Then Tuesday came along and DHL said it was still in East China so I found a place to order from California and ordered it with Fedex 2 day. Fedex tracking says it will be here tomorrow morning, so shipment of the vape batch seems likely late tomorrow or Saturday morning.
So far looking like I should get this before my road trip, that's great news so hopefully no refund. Freaking sweet!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
@firewood Thanks for the update. Good luck with getting this batch completed and shipped out as soon as possible.

@Frank Reynolds Marc did state that he would throw something free for the inconvenience and that anyone that needed the vape to ship right away could ask for a refund and he would refund your money back right away. So no, he should not have to overnight ship them for free.

nosmoking,

Frank Reynolds

@firewood Thanks for the update. Good luck with getting this batch completed and shipped out as soon as possible.

@Frank Reynolds Marc did state that he would throw something free for the inconvenience and that anyone that needed the vape to ship right away could ask for a refund and he would refund your money back right away. So no, he should not have to overnight ship them for free.
Where did I say he should have to? I just said I was of the opinion that it would be a fair thing to do.

Frank Reynolds,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
When is stating an opinion of what someone should do not a suggestion? Don't come at me. I didn't say you said anything, I didn't quote you and I didn't put words in your mouth. I just put my opinion down just as you did.

nosmoking,

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX

It does says something extra in the email but I think I know where Frank was headed with this. Technically there were no fully functioning FW3 in stock but had in his web store "in stock" when technically it wasn't. It showed when he couldn't ship a fully functioning vape due to breaking a lens on the day he said they would ship. Most places do end up refunding any shipping, get 10% more discount or throw in extras when something like this happens in my experiences. I hope it's a capsule or 3 :)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Where did I say he should have to? I just said I was of the opinion that it would be a fair thing to do.

When is stating an opinion of what someone should do not a suggestion? Don't come at me. I didn't say you said anything, I didn't quote you and I didn't put words in your mouth. I just put my opinion down just as you did.

It's bad enough that this thread has started to discuss shipping. Please don't start sniping at each other.

Top Bottom