Firewood Vaporizer

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Looks really good! I'm wondering how much heat lingers after/between draws... can you take just a hit or two and then save it for later without waste? Or when that's the goal, is it more effective to just load and finish a tiny amount at a time?

It's available to order on the site, but I assume that's a preorder? not seeing an expected shipping date or anything
Limited units are available

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@paytonpenn
How does the heat affect back to back sessions?
Is this vape true convection?
Do you know when these will be available for order or will there be a pre-order going?
About how much material can you fit in the glass chambers?
Heat isn't really affected by back to back hits, maybe more so affected by your airflow during the hit.
It is true convection, and when you aren't inhaling the heater is going to cool down.
A full capsule is probably .3g of really fine herb.
It works best with .01-.15g in my opinion.
Taste is clean comparable to the Versa on low, or Underdog, or GrassHopper. I can tell very quickly when the herb has turned.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Like as in ready to be shipped out upon purchase?

@paytonpenn how is the air flow? Is it restricted or pretty wide ope?
I would say the airflow is easier restricted than open.
I wouldn't suggest loading more than half the capsule or packing.
How well you can breathe through the capsule when you loaded it is what determines airflow. So empty chamber I would say it's good, half pack with loose herb feels no different than empty chamber.

Its like my Solo's airflow when I lift the stem up a couple millimeters.

Mr. Me2

I would say the airflow is easier restricted than open.
I wouldn't suggest loading more than half the capsule or packing.
How well you can breathe through the capsule when you loaded it is what determines airflow. So empty chamber I would say it's good, half pack with loose herb feels no different than empty chamber.

Its like my Solo's airflow when I lift the stem up a couple millimeters.
Is there any maintenance with this Vape? And which wood did you get, walnut?

I can't tell from the images, but I assume there is a screen between the inhaling end and the herb itself? I see a screen on the bottom of the capsule but not one keeping the herb from getting sucked up.

Anyways, I plan on ordering one soon. I've been waiting for this!

the_television,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

grokit

well-worn member
Taste is clean comparable to the Versa on low, or Underdog, or GrassHopper. I can tell very quickly when the herb has turned.
Great video, with the text for the control functions thanks for that :tup:

I really like how you can get visible vapor even at the first level. Did you refill the herb between any of the levels or just ramp up a single bowl? How would you compare the taste between levels?

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I checked out with a walnut one, I'll see when it ships. I just ordered so I don't know if I'm within the limited number or not. I can wait though if that is the case.
I ordered one a little before you did and I talked with Marc just before I ordered. He said he had an email list he was trying to give a shot first but that they were first come first serve and he would update the FC thread later when he got a chance.

I got Walnut too! Now I have the 3 typical finishes in my collection. Maple MFLB, Cherry Daisy and now a Walnut Firewood V3

Tickdickler

I ordered one a little before you did and I talked with Marc just before I ordered. He said he had an email list he was trying to give a shot first but that they were first come first serve and he would update the FC thread later when he got a chance.

I got Walnut too! Now I have the 3 typical finishes in my collection. Maple MFLB, Cherry Daisy and now a Walnut Firewood V3

So that means we possibly have a chance? :brow:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I hesitate to cancel my GH pre-order for the FW 3.0.....can't get both, my daughter and my wife need to get something under the tree for christmas also!

Paytonpenn, if you need to keep only one, which one will you chose, the FW or the GH?

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I hesitate to cancel my GH pre-order for the FW 3.0.....can't get both, my daughter and my wife need to get something under the tree for christmas also!

Paytonpenn, if you need to keep only one, which one will you chose, the FW or the GH?
That's a hard decision. Scenario based I'd say. If I knew I was getting one quicker than the other most definitely I'd go for the quickest one available. But I also wouldn't want to tarnish my placement in line if it seems like the other I would have gotten within the actual couple months But if that's the case who's to say I couldn't have just gotten it a few weeks later since pre-orders technically are the end, how many more people could really be in front of me if they are going through the list this quick..

Firewood, its just a better extractor (for me). It produces abv like my Versa which is not easily done in the Hopper. (This is my option if I also couldn't keep a desktop)

If I could keep a desktop I'd choose the Hopper, the downside of having to wait for the unit to charge is big for me. If the Firewood had a passthrough it would replace my desktop (if I could only have one).

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Looks really good! I'm wondering how much heat lingers after/between draws... can you take just a hit or two and then save it for later without waste? Or when that's the goal, is it more effective to just load and finish a tiny amount at a time?
You may have read your answers.
You can just take a hit or two and then save it for later without waste. Once you stop inhaling the vapor stops being produced and the heater will cool. In a minute and forty seconds the autoshutoff will turn off the unit.

The only lingering heat is the body.

Last edited:

Frank Reynolds

After seeing @paytonpenn 's video on vaporents I bought a walnut without even hardly thinking about it. This looks too cool.

Do any of you guys know a good therapist certified in treating VAS?

Edit: Also @Tickdickler it says out of stock on the walnut now after my order, so I'm assuming these were the "limited units available."

Last edited:
Looks like only Cherry is left at the moment. Can anyone clarify the availability of the 3 in the future? Was this the only production run or is it just the first run?

the_television,

Tickdickler

Edit: Also @Tickdickler it says out of stock on the walnut now after my order, so I'm assuming these were the "limited units available."

I just saw they were out of stock. VAS was on my side this time, soon as I saw paytonpenn's video I was sold. I didn't even care if I got one of the initial run but now to see that its confirmed I'm glad I acted when I did. :D

This will hold me over while I wait for the RBT single.

Frank Reynolds

Looks like only Cherry is left at the moment. Can anyone clarify the availability of the 3 in the future? Was this the only production run or is it just the first run?
This is a total guess but I'd assume all 3 will be available in the future but he didn't have a ton to start out with or just wants to make sure there aren't any bugs he missed by keeping the initial release small.

Frank Reynolds,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
This was a limited batch which means there will be more to come...just not sure when.

Marc explained to me that anybody could buy from this batch until they were out of stock on the website. I am not sure when the next batch will be produced but if you email Marc he is quick to respond.

The wood finish does not change. Maple, cherry or walnut is the species. From my past research on this vape, Marc has always had these 3 species so I wouldnt anticipate any change but that is just my assumption.

This is a total guess but I'd assume all 3 will be available in the future but he didn't have a ton to start out with or just wants to make sure there aren't any bugs he missed by keeping the initial release small.
I didn't ask this and probably should have. You could be right, of course it could also be that Marc has a full time gig that keeps him busy enough that he can only make so many at a time. Who knows but I wouldnt be too concerned considering this is a 3rd version and from what I have read in the past, Marc will stand by his product if you have issues with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Seeing Paytonpenn's video and reading the manual on the Firewood website has me sold on the V3, even though there was no way I was gonna ever buy another rechargeable portable I want one of these when they're in stock again. I'll be keeping tabs on this thread and the website now for sure.

:peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom