Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

mucsusn

60 going on 20
why is this? I have been hearing that you can use a vapcap as a stem - but I am still not sure why that is a benefit. To my thinking - if I am going to go dry stem - I would prefer wood.
I have been flirting with VAS over the woodscents too but the report that intrigues me the most is that the WS is even more efficient than the Enano.
A couple of context additions here.....all of my logs, the nanos, UD's and WS......where the stem meets the heater cover is a glass or metal interface. I have a nice collection of lovely wood stems for my dogs, all with a stainless steel tip at the business end. Yes, some folks use all wood, but the manufacturers all provide glass and metal roasting chambers.

The nice difference with the WS is that Ed uses a VC Ti-tip for his non-glass roasting chamber. So, if you're VC's are already a part of your life, the transition into logs, IMO, will be a little bit smoother, because concepts and usage styles will already be in place. And I add to the praise for just how dam fast the thing responds. Ed has found a way to make a hot, responsive heater core with very little thermal bleed over into the wood chassis.......much, much cooler than my other logs.

As far as efficiency, with logs, once you have them down, nothing I've experienced is quite as efficient. VC's, on their own, are already prized for their efficiency, it just gets better with the WS. By the same token, my first nano (3rd vape ever acquired) started me down the VAS path. It literally cut my consumption of herb by almost 75%, with the same usage patterns and seeking of effects (went from about a gram a day to two grams a week). Then of course, as a lifelong musician with a deep affinity for beautiful woods, I just kept getting more, not because I need them, but they are just nice to have, display and behold. And of course use them for their intended purpose. To that end, every one of my vapes (except for the Plenty) gets used at least once every two weeks. The Plenty is now reserved for company, because with the full size chamber, it's great for a session with multiple users.

So I say, everybody out there in Vapeland, grab one of each and support small business!

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES!!! Can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate this, or how much I think these posts will help others. If anyone is wondering, yes, I'm sold! Sorry again for perceived derailing of this thread or offending any regular participants. Hope all realize this was not my intent.

.... Also for adjusting the temp dial I've been using one of the LED voltage cables Underdog sells for their vapes. It displays the Volts on the little screen making it much easier to tell where you have the dial set consistantly.

The voltage displayed jumps around a bit with the WS (trying to set for 8.6 gets me 8.5-8.7 bouncing around, not a big deal works fine) so I plan on picking up one of their VVPS some day for more accuracy. But if you're just using it so you can turn the WS on the the same settings without having to pull the dimmer/flashlight out everytime, it's perfect.

Hadn't even thought about this, but like the idea. Does anyone know, or has anyone tried, using one of Alan's mini VVPS units with the WS? My electronics knowledge/experience is pretty weak. Assuming you could make the required electrical connections: Would/could you replace the dial with something like a VVPS? Or, could you keep it downstream of the dial (on WS side instead of A/C power side) as a voltage indicator? Would it be better just to find settings on the included dial using a multi-meter at the WS end?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
One more thing I want to add is I take the stem out of the WS between hits. It saves on cannabis. Whereas with the nano I don't do that unless I'm finished and will come back later to the bowl. I usually have a session. My session will last around 8 min. Maybe 9 or 10 draws. My temp is around 7.5.

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning you all, I hope all is well out there. So I was by my taxidermists place the other day and he knows about my work wanted me to bring in a piece to see, next thing I know he wants a custom and wanted it from Cocobolo. I told him I had a block that I could do him one from and so it was, here is the first Cocobolo WoodScents Titanium AromaLog

keq8ruU.jpg

Gotta do a couple matching wood stem/wong pieces and take it to him this afternoon, he is going to flip out!

So I have been reading all these posts above talking about comparisons and such. I feel it from both sides and has kinda been the thing that Vito speaks of here at FC, its not really cool for others to just go into a manufactures thread and speak about their use of other units in there like that but I do see and understand the question from the other side about how are you going to get the advice you need without asking the question and can see that it may not get answered anywhere else or easily over looked. TBH, I dont mind so much here in my thread. I have a Nano, I have an UD, hell I have a HI, jeez with my latest 4 acquisitions I have a WDZ, AZ, MZ and HGL which I will say are all great vapes, each and every one. I like the Nano, I like the UD, I like the HI as far as whats still going strong all these are great vapes but to each his own. I dont mind ya coming in here asking for comparisons from other WS owners I just ask that you dont trash me or my work while in here. I have done my best to create a log that I love and offer it in a package that covers all bases, a log that is unique and beautiful but a work horse as well, a true wold in sheeps clothing! I myself will not comment on others units, having used them all and enjoyed them all but I am bias of course. So that being said I will leave it to you all to make comparisons and give advice. I hope by saying this I dont open a can of worms and find out I cant put the tooth pasts back in the tube. Pls any mods reading this pls post your thoughts.

Now to a question I have for you all, do you all think it would be a good idea for me to add a carb hole to the wood stem and wong as standard with the WS pieces?

I have also been seeing the mention of VVPS, got me to thinking, didnt I buy a bunch of VK's a long time ago, hmmm seems so. I had the idea to use them long ago when the WS was first thought to be the VB, alot has changed since then. I have several brand new VK's never used before ripping and ready to go if anyone is interested,

Voltage-Keeper-VVPS-WoodScents-Titanium-AromaLog-Eds-TnT.png
You can grab them here at https://edstnt.com/product/voltage-keeper-vvps-woodscents-titanium-aromalog-eds-tnt/ I am doing them at what I got in em, dont forget you always get free shipping worldwide!

Keep in mind running the WS at a higher voltage over 12V will be detrimental to the heater and decrease its life span. I recommend when using the VK or other such device you keep it at 12V or under!

@Reflections My gosh that is a beautiful wood stock, gotta love that thumb hole in it also, your old man knows what he is doing thats for sure! Wowzers!!! Got the boys its on, the sun is out and I gotta do some time with them today, just gotta get those couple pieces or so turned really quick!

With that said, I will follow up on all this later, its guy time and we gots things we gotta do round here!

Prolusio

Assuming you could make the required electrical connections: Would/could you replace the dial with something like a VVPS?

That's what I plan on doing some day when I upgrade to the UD VVPS I linked! It has a knob on it so no dimmer required, it does the adjusting.

I see no reason why Alan's VVPS wouldn't work! The WS heater is a purely resistive load so as long as you don't over power it, any kind of vvps should work if you can hook it up.

As far as a multimeter and the included dimmer.. I guess you could do that! But then you'd have to check a chart or something to equate your dial setting and the heat you're getting to a voltage.. Much easier, I think, to just test which dial settings get the best results!

For me the voltage reading isn't really relevant other than easily finding the heat level I want. It's just easier to read and remember a large blue number than the small dial. Plus it looks cooler :lol:

Edit: Just saw eds post. Yes, I would totally be down for a VVPS! Ordering one ASAP.

Also I vote for adding a carb hole to the stem! I find it useful for direct draws and through water and if I don't want to use it it's easy to cover.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES!!! Can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate this, or how much I think these posts will help others. If anyone is wondering, yes, I'm sold! Sorry again for perceived derailing of this thread or offending any regular participants. Hope all realize this was not my intent.

Hadn't even thought about this, but like the idea. Does anyone know, or has anyone tried, using one of Alan's mini VVPS units with the WS? My electronics knowledge/experience is pretty weak. Assuming you could make the required electrical connections: Would/could you replace the dial with something like a VVPS? Or, could you keep it downstream of the dial (on WS side instead of A/C power side) as a voltage indicator? Would it be better just to find settings on the included dial using a multi-meter at the WS end?
Hey @flotntoke, a couple of thoughts regarding power supplies. I went for a year + with my dogs just all running on the straight 12V output. Then, I got my WS, with it's little LED dimmer cord. That opened my eyes a great deal, right around the same time that UD started selling his new style VVPS's. Since I had already discovered that they used the same DC connector (found out by trying a UD supply when my initially supplied WS supply was faulty), I purchased a travel single channel and a 2 channel model during the 4/20 sale.

BOOM! Game changer for both devices. Now I've got a new set of parameters and effects to play with! Different voltages for different wood species, core styles on the UD's, stem choices, etc. All the while the little VVPS's are very steady, easy to modulate and seem very well constructed. Excellent additions to the toolkit.

Added: Just saw Ed's post.......re the carb hole.....if it fits your production paradigm, I might suggest making it an option at purchase. For me, since I already had a stable of VC's, I have enjoyed the carbless aspect of your supplied pieces, adds to my choices:clap:

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Good morning you all, I hope all is well out there. So I was by my taxidermists place the other day and he knows about my work wanted me to bring in a piece to see, next thing I know he wants a custom and wanted it from Cocobolo. I told him I had a block that I could do him one from and so it was, here is the first Cocobolo WoodScents Titanium AromaLog

keq8ruU.jpg

Gotta do a couple matching wood stem/wong pieces and take it to him this afternoon, he is going to flip out!

So I have been reading all these posts above talking about comparisons and such. I feel it from both sides and has kinda been the thing that Vito speaks of here at FC, its not really cool for others to just go into a manufactures thread and speak about their use of other units in there like that but I do see and understand the question from the other side about how are you going to get the advice you need without asking the question and can see that it may not get answered anywhere else or easily over looked. TBH, I dont mind so much here in my thread. I have a Nano, I have an UD, hell I have a HI, jeez with my latest 4 acquisitions I have a WDZ, AZ, MZ and HGL which I will say are all great vapes, each and every one. I like the Nano, I like the UD, I like the HI as far as whats still going strong all these are great vapes but to each his own. I dont mind ya coming in here asking for comparisons from other WS owners I just ask that you dont trash me or my work while in here. I have done my best to create a log that I love and offer it in a package that covers all bases, a log that is unique and beautiful but a work horse as well, a true wold in sheeps clothing! I myself will not comment on others units, having used them all and enjoyed them all but I am bias of course. So that being said I will leave it to you all to make comparisons and give advice. I hope by saying this I dont open a can of worms and find out I cant put the tooth pasts back in the tube. Pls any mods reading this pls post your thoughts.

Now to a question I have for you all, do you all think it would be a good idea for me to add a carb hole to the wood stem and wong as standard with the WS pieces?

I have also been seeing the mention of VVPS, got me to thinking, didnt I buy a bunch of VK's a long time ago, hmmm seems so. I had the idea to use them long ago when the WS was first thought to be the VB, alot has changed since then. I have several brand new VK's never used before ripping and ready to go if anyone is interested,

You can grab them here at https://edstnt.com/product/voltage-keeper-vvps-woodscents-titanium-aromalog-eds-tnt/ I am doing them at what I got in em, dont forget you always get free shipping worldwide!

Keep in mind running the WS at a higher voltage over 12V will be detrimental to the heater and decrease its life span. I recommend when using the VK or other such device you keep it at 12V or under!

@Reflections My gosh that is a beautiful wood stock, gotta love that thumb hole in it also, your old man knows what he is doing thats for sure! Wowzers!!! Got the boys its on, the sun is out and I gotta do some time with them today, just gotta get those couple pieces or so turned really quick!

With that said, I will follow up on all this later, its guy time and we gots things we gotta do round here!

Beautiful piece!! Such a glorious specimen of cocobolo and looks like you really brought out its best. :tup:

Thanks for including your well written comments on comparisons, too! As all know by now, I think this will help sell WS's as the other logs mentioned have been around for a while and are owned by many. I know I am THRILLED to be purchasing a WS, now feel very comfortable with that decision and also think I've already circumvented any buyer's remorse. I'm not talking about regretting buying one.... I'm talking about that feeling that sometimes rears its ugly head a couple hours after clicking the purchase button, and sometimes lasts until the vape (or whatever else) lands on your doorstep. Am sure a few others know what I mean. ;)

EDIT: Not sure yet without a WS of my own, but I usually prefer no carb hole on stems. I've always blocked them off on smaller portables I have (yes, you know the ones), and prefer to just take in fresh air at the end of a hit, or a good enthusiastic clean clear when vaping through glass. Totally get how others prefer different, though. So, think the option of a carb hole is great! But, wonder if making them all like this is a good idea. Pretty sure I'd be making a plug to close it off within the first day.

Last edited:

Square4Life

keq8ruU.jpg

First of all, that is one beautiful piece. I love the broad range of colors!

Secondly, thank you so much for posting up the VVPS for sale. Already got mine ordered lol Can't wait to get it in and try it out.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm using my WS along with some Blue Cookies. Kitty is on the prowl. He better leave any wild baby bunnies alone or I will have to chase him down. Just relaxing and thinking about what to fix for dinner.
I ordered another ti tip from @Ed's TnT to fit on my wooden stem. I don't use water much with the WS. It has such good flavor just the way it is.
7lOGlT2.jpg

Open in App

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, I hope all is well out there. The last few days have been great, had my boys 5 days this last week, had some great times and even got a bit of work out of em lol. The grass got cut and my truck got washed for the most part. Seems my middle son kept missing spots and I saw him getting tired of me telling him he missed this spot or that spot so I left it as that and had to run to town later with a big dirty spot on the driver door, he swears he washed that spot at least 5 times, hmmmm. Omgosh we have had so much rain here past and so much more to come, my girl and I rode the 4wheeler round the place. The black berries are so red and ripening it wont be long we will be picking tons of em, so many that I am going to try and make jelly also rrrr, will be so good on my fresh buttered biscuits, rrrr I cant wait for a cobbler too! Got a couple humming birds at the feeder now also. Saw several purple martins flying around too. I so wanna get a bird house for them next year!

I have just listed more glass at my site and found out that all the Mighty/Crafty glass pieces I offer work great for the VapMan as well, all you have to do is remove the silicone sleeve and you are ripping!

I appreciate all the input you all have posted up and thank you all for helping others make more informed decisions. I get it you all I do, to each their own, of course I love the WS and I am biased, others may not and thats fine. Believe me I have many many logs and within the last few weeks I have added a few missing pieces to my collection

mGerEf5.jpg

L-R we have PD, WDZ, AZ, MZ, CRZ, EV2, Enano, HotPod, WW, HI, UD, HGL, and WS, I love them all very much, and am thankful to all the manufactures for their hard work and efforts making great log vapes. I am happy to be part of the line up now after many years, woot woot!

I am still on the fence about the carb hole in the stems, going to give it some more thought for sure.

@ArthurJ Great shot bro, I so dig the glass, I am a plain jane kinda guy when it comes to wearing clothes, I will not wear shirts with logos or writing or anything on em but last week I got out an old GD shirt and felt good doing so the whole day!

@CarolKing hmmm looks like kitty was on the prowl, will get your order out tomorrow, thanks for the biz and for all the posts you rule!

Now, lets not forget what today here is in the US, its a great day to thank all the veterans that have fought for our freedoms, lets not forget their families, their wives and children that also make great sacrifices having their parents or siblings go off to war who may not return alive. We live in amazing pat of the world where we can live a life that many others around the world can not. To all the vets here at the forum and elsewhere I thank you for doing what you do and have done from the bottom of my heart, I wish you many blessings!

beach bum

I feel you, @flotntoke .... I am never a carb guy!

I agree with you both-prefer no carb.

Just dropped in to say hi :wave: and spill a few words on my WS. I love it. Absolutely freakin love it. I'm a log lover (ahhh...that just sounds bad)...have had a couple PDs, an original Zap, a CRZ and a couple of e nanos. All very fine pieces and all saw good use. I haven't touched any of them since I got my WS because of heat up time. This is a big factor to me and the WS hits the sweet spot there.

I also really dig using the wood stem. I agree with @CarolKing in that my glass isn't stable unless I hold it so I've found myself just using the wood stem and loving it. Feels really natural and adds an even more peaceful vibe IMHO.

Hope all are enjoying the long weekend and giving thanks to those who allow us to have it. :peace::love:

LazyVaper

keq8ruU.jpg

Any chance Cocobolo will become part of the standard lineup?

I think I mentioned before, all the WoodScents look great. I can't make up my mind which I want. But I think this Cocobolo one might be my favorite so far...

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
These are local to me... thinking about grabbing one. Trying to replace my evo. These looks really good. Why would I choose this over underdogs or the enano?

Because it is local for starters. It also happens to be the best damm log vape I have used. Maybe someone can give you a scientific response but I just fucking like mine. Do it. You won't have buyers remorse with this sucker.

Do the UD stems happen to be the same size as the WS? I like the idea of SS stem and am wondering if compatible but i doubt it

No dice on the UD stems mate. The good news is that the WS accepts Gen 2+ Ti VapCap tips so you can justify getting an extra dual purpose tip or two.

Pretty sure I posted it before but two minor mods make all the difference to my vaping experience with the WS.

S/S screens over the Ti ones work better for my use & are not only cheaper but more forgiving when setting the screen but YMMV of course. The real big one though is using some Dynavap condenser tubes. Regular size go in the WonG & XL fits the long 14mm stem very well. Keeps the wood clean & is stupid easy to clean out & keep minty fresh.

lnUvbKpl.jpg

One of the cool things with a 12v log vape is the sheer number of power options available & there is something for every occasion. I run the following power options

• Lab Power supply. This is my workhorse & it is a bit bulky but you don't notice it under the coffee table.
  • Couple of standard 1-2a 12v wall adaptors. One was an old modem power supply but chances are you have something suitable in a junk draw or something.
  • 12V car adaptor. Perfect for on the road log vaping if that is your thing.
  • 12V rechargeable sealed lead acid battery paired with a 2.1mm jack to alligator clips. This is the ultimate camping setup as it will power a log for 200+ hours. The battery itself is around 3x2x6" so it is not large but rather heavy for it's size.
Mine is pretty similar to this one.
http://www.frys.com/product/6607864?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, I hope you all enjoyed the holiday!

@beach bum Always great to see your posts and yes I would say you are a log lover too lol! Wood has life and character you just dont get in other vapes, I just dont believe it. Logs have a spirit that can not be found else where. I am glad you are still enjoying your WS! As I said I am on the fence about the carb hole and still thinking about it. Does glass come in 1/2mm sizes, wonder if that is the case? I really have no knowledge of glass at all tbh. Hope all is well your way!

@LazyVaper I am going to find out more about Cocobolo when I put in my next wood order, I got a feeling its not going to be cheap for sure. Its like most high end species, the smaller it is in squareness the cheaper it is, the larger square the more expensive but sure worth it in the end. I will for sure let you all know but will be a bit before I have to reorder.

@Zow237 Really, how local? I appreciate the kind words and understand that is a tough choice to make, if I can help in any way pls do let me know.

@IAmKrazy2 I was told that the Nano stems I make that fit around the heat port of the UD fit the WS, I will have to check myself to be certain but wanna say I did do that and found that to be the case.

@Stevenski Hey hey thanks for the post, all great info bro, thanks for doing what you do! I still love the look of your piece and would love to see more pics of it, hmmmm. Hope all is well your way and wishing you the best!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
These are local to me... thinking about grabbing one. Trying to replace my evo. These looks really good. Why would I choose this over underdogs or the enano?

Check the last couple pages for a few comparisons to the nano. FC usually works best for me if I read back at least a few pages as well as post, but YMMV.

On another note..... SHIPPING NOTICE RECEIVED!! I'll hopefully be hitting mine by the end of the week.

So excited! :rofl: :dog:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
On another note..... SHIPPING NOTICE RECEIVED!! I'll hopefully be hitting mine by the end of the week.

So excited! :rofl: :dog:

I know that excitement. It is the real deal & between you & me it is difficult to bother heating a VapCap these days. Having a bit of conduction goodness aids a full bodied extraction & the WS performs admirably. What wood did you choose? There are so many nice ones available.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I know that excitement. It is the real deal & between you & me it is difficult to bother heating a VapCap these days. Having a bit of conduction goodness aids a full bodied extraction & the WS performs admirably. What wood did you choose? There are so many nice ones available.

Had to get the Thuya Burl! Hope she is at least half as pretty as your lovely Amboyna. Thanks again for your awesome review and pics. That post helped put me in need of a WS.

She's on her way, so I'm in tracking refresh mode. :uhh: You know.... where you hit that refresh about 100 times a day, but it only changes once every couple days. Can't wait until it says out for delivery from my local PO and I get to sit looking out the real window instead of flipping over to that tracking window. Gonna be a busy weekend with at least one friendly BBQ and catching up with some other friends. Already got my extension cord ready to go, and a nice bag that should easily fit it, WS, a small glass piece and a few accessories.

The taste that's worth the wait......

Last edited:

CanadianBakin

Well, I've joined the club. I opted for the self-branding, rather than the more traditional tattoo. Be careful, these things are hot. I had set the log down, carefully, then reached around my water pipe to get my AVB container. Ow.

DwSSbZO.jpg

VAS set in a while ago, and I started looking around for a new desktop to augment my Volcano. I'd settled on a log style and was trying to decide between the UD and enano. Then I learned about the WoodScents, and that I could use my (Ti) VapCaps with it. The glowing reviews in this thread swung me over, so it was just a question of which one? When I clicked on the buckeye burl, I knew immediately which one.

Here's mine.

g1pejQ0.jpg

Just the log.

QTCt7EE.jpg

Closeup.

jrj7JfD.jpg

Kind of reminds me a bit of of Starry Nights and the cloudtops of Jupiter.

I've put a vapcap XL condenser in the stem, and an Omni condenser, almost fully extended, fits in the wood WPA.

FbUyATw.jpg

I now have too many vapcaps. I guess I'll have to sell one or two to offset the cost of the log, like I promised myself, but which ones?

xig5MkQ.jpg

Side by side with vapcaps, for size comparison.

TiliNvy.jpg

This thing is a serious vapour extraction device. The first time I used it was with a woody vapcap, since I had one handy, and I was quite thankful for the carb hole. I've used it since with the WS stem, and definitely prefer a carb when using it dry.

Having said that, I mostly use it through water where a carb isn't important to me. I'll use the wood WPA until nectar starts collecting at the mouthpiece, then I'll switch to the stem until they both need cleaning. I hardly ever use my vapcaps now. About the only time I do is if I'm in a hurry and can't wait for the log to heat up. They'll still get used when away from home, but I'm going to be getting a 12V battery to take my log car-camping.

I think when you push it, the vapcap can hit a bit harder, like a brick, but it fades rapidly as it cools. The WoodScents hits more like a train, or a train made out of bricks, hauling a load of bricks. At first there's nothing, but then you start to catch a whiff and hear that far away train coming. It builds and builds as the train gets closer, then BAM! It hits and just keeps on hitting, as long as your lungs and material are up to it. You exhale that first hit and try to pick yourself up off the tracks, but the train has a full head of steam now, so you'd better just hang on for the ride. Of course, nothing is forcing you to take big hits, but the option is there.

Switching back and forth between the two has been fun. I'm using an extra tip from my vapcap collection with the WS, so it has a cap with it. More than once I've loaded it, replaced the cap, then tried to use it in the log. That doesn't work. Going the other way, I've tried to stuff weed into my still-capped vapcap, and have almost torched it without replacing the cap. Can anyone relate?

Top Bottom