Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I love my woodscent. It's my main plug in right now. But if I could afford it I am so tempted to get another- the wood choices are so beautiful. How many logs does 1 person need though? Is this called WSAS- woodscent acquisition syndrome?

When the time inevitably comes just ask Ed what he has squirrelled away or hit up @Snappo. You never know what he has in his stash & his stash is nothing but top shelf.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Respect where respect is due, I asked and got the go ahead to post pictures here, many thanks @Ed's TnT.

I found out before the launch that the WS was going to be using the Vapcap Ti tips and was chuffed to bits. It's been great hearing from people on how well this industry first has been performing.
And you can't not admire the work Ed's been turning out, and to see his stash of beautiful woods seeing the light of day. Wow.

@little maggie has this Pink Ivory, Blackwood and Scottish Yew stem, luckily it was with @VapCap and they drilled a carb in it for her.
Her foto was the first time I'd seen the WS and my work paired, proud moment.
Thank you Little Maggie and George for making it happen.
lgIMvYI.jpg

Log acquisition, LAS, is a very real thing Maggie, a slippery slope.

As this picture shows I'm willing to try anything and everything, the shorter pieces may not be suitable for the WS but are there as an example of what I do.
Any segmented and extra long stems have a full length fixed condenser and no carb, the others have full length condensers and can be carb'd if requested.
i9UZGLe.jpg

Top to bottom and left to right
Thuya Omni Square, Osage and Blackwood 80mm
148mm Cocobolo with a face, Phattpiggies Wood Shed
Blackwood and Cobaltium M3 Mokume, Steamed Pear Honey Drizzler
80mm Brazilian Tulipwood Twist, Lignum and Grape acrylic
Two 62mm Brazilian Tulipwood Twists
Blackwood and Honey Bee acrylic, exposed condenser and segmented
Ovangkol with Blackwood, Padauk and Lemonwood stripes with Blackwood MP and a Padauk Twist.

Unless asked for the majority of my stems are 100mm +/- a few mm's.

Everything can be found in my thread and I'm up for a challenge, so if you've got any questions or ideas and understand the concept of patience then get in touch.
I can't take any new work on just yet but I'll be starting a new list soon'ish and it'll be announced how to get on it before I begin the next round.

A true privilege to be in such illustrious company.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, I hope all is well out there. Its a wet weekend down this way, not hot is good! Friday morning I went to my middle sons awards program, gosh the boy killed it there racking up 11 awards, 11, gosh if you could get it he about got em all. I am so proud of him, jeez what a smart boy! My oldest has one more test to take Monday morning and he will be done for the year. They are growing up so fast, this year they will be 16, 14, & 9, I am truly blessed with great kids. My oldest is working weekends at the water park til they open full time which maybe week after next. Picking him up after a day and asking him about his day is fun, I am happy to see him experience this and learn what work is about. Yeah working for me or doing smalls for himself is one thing but working for someone else is another with many different rules and lots of employees is a good time for him to grow and mature. My girl is up for the weekend so we are doing time also. Yesterday I got the HGL, Thursday I got the WDZ, AZ, & MZ, what a line up. I will take pics of that line up this week, I am anxious to butter em and see how they stand out.

Have been working on WoodScents and stems all week, even took a Thuya WS out for a ride round the place.

jL4by96.jpg

Did a few more Buckeye Burl show stoppers doing a bench test now.

@Reflections Soon I assure you soon.

@CarolKing I am sorry I took it wrong, I am told by my guy I should have them by the end of this month so hoping that is so. He is busy with taxes there so is a bit behind. I have some great new glass pieces I need to list but dont have any info on them. Even a great new way of using the Air/Solo like never before. Hoping folks will get off the sidelines and grab a few of these cuties, thanks for doing what you do, am most grateful.

@Drexciya I have located the electrical control components, that was a hurdle for sure. Now I have to get another batch of heaters. I didnt know that when I ordered them I had to ask for the CE info at the time of order. I cant go back and get one after the fact. When I place that order it will take 2-3 weeks before they are done, then I can apply for the CE. Hopefully that will happen soon.

@little maggie I am happy to hear you are enjoying your WS that much! Lol, I cant judge you for wanting another WS nor hope you dont judge me for having all the logs I have, wood has a such a strong presence and grip on my life, its an addiction.

Hello, I am Ed, I am a wood Hoarder!

@ataxian You know I got you, just waiting on the mail to run chief!

@Stevenski Thanks bro, I have actually been considering opening up one of those museum grade blocks I have. I knew long long time ago when I bought em that they would make logs, I feel that time is near! Oh and I know @Snappo has quite the hoard himself! Wow really enjoyed the quick video you did bro, was showing my gal last night, she doesnt know anything about how that stuff works so was fun explaining it to her. I hope you had your team won!

@phattpiggie Much respect to you bro, am always happy to see what you do, much love and time goes into all your pieces and know all your customers are very happy with your work. I am really anxious to get my piece from you! I know you are only getting started doing what you do and know you will never not have something to do, keep on keeping on my man!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, yesterday was my oldests final day at school so thats it, its on for summer break! Am wanting to do a few camping trips with the boys this summer, just local at parks and such. We gotta get our gear out and do checks to make sure all is good before hand. Been raining down here the last few days, my garden doesnt need any more ughhh. I was getting a Buckeye Burl WoodScents ready to go out yesterday, took a pic, I really love this wild wood species

s2O9rDd.jpg

Got many others available, grab yours!

@Reflections Thanks so much for all the kind words! That is a beautiful Thuya WS, phone cam just didnt shoot it as clear as I would have liked. Thanks for the congrats to the boys, they have done really well this past year. My oldest goes into the 10th grade, wow time flies. My boys make it easy to be a good dad, they are such blessings! I hope all is well for you and wish you a great day!

@Drexciya Your welcome, I believe its a hoop I have to jump through each and every time. I know its is for the heaters, I am hoping that dealing with the same company for the controls will cover all the components in the future. I am hoping the CE isnt something I have to apply for with each batch also, will learn more as I go through the process. I can understand why other manufactures dont seek the CE cert. its a task for sure and one that can deter many from seeking it. In the end its just another day at the office here, some days are a breeze, others are not, some are bears but all in all they must be overcome. Success will never happen without hard work and determination!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
It would be great to know the difference between one and the other ...ws VS e-nano !

know more of the WS! being owner of an e-nano

Enjoy your steamers

I'm not really a fan of these types of posts, but think it is inevitable here. Love my nanos! But, VAS has a firm grip on me and I feel like my life is incomplete without one of Ed's beautiful Thuya Burl WS's. I woke up thinking about that lovely one Ed posted above, even though I hadn't seen it since yesterday morning! F'n VAS!!!!!

I know I don't need it, but I want it sooooo badly!

Can someone give me a quick pro/con or comparison to the nano? Should I take the plunge although it will throw a real monkey wrench into my personal budget for the next couple months? Is adding a WS only going to get me a tricked out, beautiful nano-ish vape? OR, will there be more to it than that? How does the WS compare both dry and through water? I've read all the posts here that mention the nano - but feel like I need a little more to make the plunge. Hoping for input from anyone, but I'm really looking at you @CarolKing . Sorry to be so forward here, but have always enjoyed your posts and valued your opinions in nano thread and all around FC.

Many thanks!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Yeah I am pretty sure that comparing vapes in a manufacturer thread is a no go on Fc. I'd try to pm a member that has both with specific questions about the two.

uhhhhh.... yeah.. thanks for your input. Not sure, but think comparing vapes is "discouraged" in specific vape threads, not against rules.

In some cases, it is more necessary than others. IMO very necessary in this case. Don't want to derail the thread, and hope @Ed's TnT is OK with it. Assuming he is with "Like" of my post. I'll be the first to complain if there is any fanboy-ism or company berating on either end.

But, let's be honest here.... there are MANY nano owners thinking the same thing. I think better for this thread, and better for Ed's sales, if a few comparisons are available in this thread. It's actually pretty common in many other threads with vapes that have similar characteristics. It looks like the WS is quite an upgrade, and I'm just looking for clarification before I spend close to $400 (would be my most expensive vape ever, as it would be for many).

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify. I don't think the WS is priced too high for the beautiful wood and all you get with it. Looks about right to me. More $ for more quality, beauty and associated gear is always good with me for anything - vapes or otherwise (including beer or coffee!). I've just been satisfied with spending less in the past - though this kit looks to be worth every penny and more! -

Checked the rules just for good measure. Couldn't find any relating to your comment. You may want to check for yourself. Don't miss this one:

"If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post."

Thanks!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Checked the rules just for good measure.

I do not think it is a rule of governance.
I believe it is a practice of ethical Morality.
It is not objectionable that anyone ask for a comparison...
It is common courtesy in a thread started by a vape maker.... about his creation...
to discuss the vaporizer that the thread was made for.
This is the "Vaporization" section.... "Plug-in Vaporizer" discussion.... and the
topic is "Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT"
Comparisons between vapes falling under a similar genre, would best be done in the Vapor Lounge,
in a new thread of one's creation (example: "Comparison of Volcano and Zephyr Ion").
Then you can freely pose the question without offending anyone, and others can weigh in without feeling guilty by stating their preferences.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
uhhhhh.... yeah.. thanks for your input. Not sure, but think comparing vapes is "discouraged" in specific vape threads, not against rules.

In some cases, it is more necessary than others. IMO very necessary in this case. Don't want to derail the thread, and hope @Ed's TnT is OK with it. Assuming he is with "Like" of my post. I'll be the first to complain if there is any fanboy-ism or company berating on either end.

But, let's be honest here.... there are MANY nano owners thinking the same thing. I think better for this thread, and better for Ed's sales, if a few comparisons are available in this thread. It's actually pretty common in many other threads with vapes that have similar characteristics. It looks like the WS is quite an upgrade, and I'm just looking for clarification before I spend close to $400 (would be my most expensive vape ever, as it would be for many).

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify. I don't think the WS is priced too high for the beautiful wood and all you get with it. Looks about right to me. More $ for more quality, beauty and associated gear is always good with me for anything - vapes or otherwise (including beer or coffee!). I've just been satisfied with spending less in the past - though this kit looks to be worth every penny and more! -

Checked the rules just for good measure. Couldn't find any relating to your comment. You may want to check for yourself. Don't miss this one:

"If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post."

Thanks!

I had a vape, opened the topic again and I wasn't thinking straight before. Sorry dude, not my place to post something like that.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I had a vape, opened the topic again and I wasn't thinking straight before. Sorry dude, not my place to post something like that.
Just from a fellow WS enthusiast to another... I just vaped.. and I thought your post was 100% cool, and timely.
Nobody has done anything to report.
Also... nobody has "dealt with" any issue by themselves. Nobody corrected or slapped on wrist.
a friendly doubt was expressed about the appropriateness of a question.
We're all good here as far as I can see!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Just from a fellow WS enthusiast to another... I just vaped.. and I thought your post was 100% cool, and timely.

Nobody has done anything to report.
Also... nobody has "dealt with" any issue by themselves. Nobody corrected or slapped on wrist.
a friendly doubt was expressed about the appropriateness of a question.
We're all good here as far as I can see!

I'm good, but sorry @Vitolo , I don't agree. Similar vapes are often discussed in other vapes' threads (e.g. Mi vs MVT) with little or no issue. I don't see this as a competing vape due to the fairly large price difference, and what looks to be superior quality, wood type and accessories included. I think this, and the fact that many nano owners would consider this an upgrade (as I am now), makes it a relevant discussion.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my request above. I'm not looking for a table showing where either may be better or worse than the other, I'm looking for comments from those who have owned and used a nano, who now have a WS that would help me and others decide to step up for what looks like a wonderful vape. I don't see how that would do anything except increase sales for the vape in this thread. Frankly, that's why I'm posting here rather than the nano thread or creating a new thread, as you suggest. I'd appreciate comments from those already here and following this thread, rather than a knock down drag out battle that would be more likely in a separate thread (as we've seen most devolve into - usually rather quickly).

However, with all of this discussion already side-railing this thread (with nary a post in reply to my request), I see I may have to move it to the Vapor Lounge where it will be missed by many, commented on with more feeling and less fact, and either die a slow death into obscurity or be shut down due to inappropriate posts.

Sorry if you don't agree, but the issue has already been sidestepped quite a few times since this thread's start. My feeling is that it's time to lay it down and be done with it. Admittedly, somewhat selfishly as I'm now trying to fight off my VAS on this one, or throw my money at one soon.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Try the Nano thread, and you will likely find similar reluctance.
A while back @vtac guided someone wanting a comparison to http://fuckcombustion.com/forums/ask-fc.9/
There I find all sorts of XXX Vs. XXX posts.
Solo Vs. Nano
Sticky Brick Vs. Underdog,
and the list goes on.
Nobody is sidestepping your request. You may just be asking in the wrong spot.
On topic:
One of my favorite features of this vape is the screens, or lack there-of.
I have been putting the vape through the paces, and still have not gotten the screen clogged up.
Marvelous design!

(note: I have been asked in dozens of threads to compare two vapes that I have, and I always post the same answer about ethics, and then private message the member to give my thoughts. I just won't discuss another Makers product in a thread devoted to a vape. There are members that will, just not here right at the moment I suppose)

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I'm not really a fan of these types of posts, but think it is inevitable here. Love my nanos! But, VAS has a firm grip on me and I feel like my life is incomplete without one of Ed's beautiful Thuya Burl WS's. I woke up thinking about that lovely one Ed posted above, even though I hadn't seen it since yesterday morning! F'n VAS!!!!!

I know I don't need it, but I want it sooooo badly!

Can someone give me a quick pro/con or comparison to the nano? Should I take the plunge although it will throw a real monkey wrench into my personal budget for the next couple months? Is adding a WS only going to get me a tricked out, beautiful nano-ish vape? OR, will there be more to it than that? How does the WS compare both dry and through water? I've read all the posts here that mention the nano - but feel like I need a little more to make the plunge. Hoping for input from anyone, but I'm really looking at you @CarolKing . Sorry to be so forward here, but have always enjoyed your posts and valued your opinions in nano thread and all around FC.

Many thanks!
Let's just get this over with...... they're both f'n awesome! I went with a standard wood and love it's addition to my vape fleet! I have 4 nanos and 8 UD's of various sizes......but if you have Vap caps.....don't even hesitate.

CalyxSmokr

but if you have Vap caps.....don't even hesitate.

why is this? I have been hearing that you can use a vapcap as a stem - but I am still not sure why that is a benefit. To my thinking - if I am going to go dry stem - I would prefer wood.
I have been flirting with VAS over the woodscents too but the report that intrigues me the most is that the WS is even more efficient than the Enano.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I like using a modified VapCap M as a stem. I need to use the ti tip on the end of the M that came with the WS.The carb hole works awesome. If I had it to do again I would get a carb hole in my wooden stem. Love my Woodscents. The stem doesn't take much cannabis to get you medicated.

A log vape makes a nice desk style unit for home. The wooden stem with the ti tip works well if you prefer wood. The glass stem that I have doesn't fit well for me. I would like to see a slightly larger end so it fits on the heater post.

This unit is very light weight with a unique base with the bottom made of leather. The WS has a few features that you don't see elsewhere in a log vape.

It has good taste, saves on weed and medicates very well. Plus a very powerful heater. This unit heats up quick for a log vape. It will get you to your desired temp in 5 min. That's pretty fast. It also responds quick with small changes to the temp dial.

The temp dial is hard for me to see. I use a little tiny flashlight even for day.

Last edited:

Prolusio

I highly recommend trying a Vapcap stem with carb hole like @CarolKing suggests; really adds to the control and makes fully cooking bowls without scorching extremely easy.

I've been using Vapcaps with spinning MP... I fit the Ti tip over the heater, finger on carb, Mp in my mouth; then I kind of twist the stem in my hand so I can feather the carb on the fly. Works great!

Also for adjusting the temp dial I've been using one of the LED voltage cables Underdog sells for their vapes. It displays the Volts on the little screen making it much easier to tell where you have the dial set consistantly.

The voltage displayed jumps around a bit with the WS (trying to set for 8.6 gets me 8.5-8.7 bouncing around, not a big deal works fine) so I plan on picking up one of their VVPS some day for more accuracy. But if you're just using it so you can turn the WS on the the same settings without having to pull the dimmer/flashlight out everytime, it's perfect.

Top Bottom