Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Had to get the Thuya Burl! Hope she is at least half as pretty as your lovely Amboyna. Thanks again for your awesome review and pics. That post helped put me in need of a WS.

She's on her way, so I'm in tracking refresh mode. :uhh: You know.... where you hit that refresh about 100 times a day, but it only changes once every couple days. Can't wait until it says out for delivery from my local PO and I get to sit looking out the real window instead of flipping over to that tracking window. Gonna be a busy weekend with at least one friendly BBQ and catching up with some other friends. Already got my extension cord ready to go, and a nice bag that should easily fit it, WS, a small glass piece and a few accessories.

The taste that's worth the wait......

Glad I could provide some additional motivation for you @flotntoke. Those Thuya burl ones look slick as all hell. I was & am very satisfied with my UD, there was no need to stray elsewhere. Seeing what the WS was about changed things up quite a bit with the VapCap modularity & then I got in contact with Ed.....

Try & ignore the tracking if you can. Mine came via Miami, Santiago & onto Sydney so it had quite the adventure. I am no taste snob since I have no choice in what I purchase but this vape really delivers strong tasty vapour.

Nice brand @CanadianBakin, my forefinger has a Ti screen brand on it that is a friendly reminder of what not to do :tup:. Absolutely stunning collection there & you will be set for quite some time. Great move on adding the condenser as it will protect your investment.

Don't sell your VapCaps! They are now extra stems to use with the WS or have a grab & go portable. I did have to slightly modify my G2 & G3 tips but that was just so the log spins easier. A chunky 12v battery is great for remote areas too.

I have only used my WS since I got it & the exception to that is the occasional VapCap whilst waiting for the WS to warm up.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Glad I could provide some additional motivation for you @flotntoke. Those Thuya burl ones look slick as all hell. I was & am very satisfied with my UD, there was no need to stray elsewhere. Seeing what the WS was about changed things up quite a bit with the VapCap modularity & then I got in contact with Ed.....

Try & ignore the tracking if you can. Mine came via Miami, Santiago & onto Sydney so it had quite the adventure. I am no taste snob since I have no choice in what I purchase but this vape really delivers strong tasty vapour.

Nice brand @CanadianBakin, my forefinger has a Ti screen brand on it that is a friendly reminder of what not to do :tup:. Absolutely stunning collection there & you will be set for quite some time. Great move on adding the condenser as it will protect your investment.

Don't sell your VapCaps! They are now extra stems to use with the WS or have a grab & go portable. I did have to slightly modify my G2 & G3 tips but that was just so the log spins easier. A chunky 12v battery is great for remote areas too.

I have only used my WS since I got it & the exception to that is the occasional VapCap whilst waiting for the WS to warm up.

Looks like today may be the day! Left the last PO hub before mine (hour away) at 2AM, and that usually means it will go out in that day's deliveries. It's because we're the best humans in the world - compared to Aussies and everyone else! Why? Well, Trump told me so! JUST KIDDING of course! Hate that ass and always have. The WS will hopefully help me deal with the daily news. :D

EDIT: Tracking is "out for delivery"!! WOOHOOOO!!!!:rofl: :drool: :rockon: :tup:
Probably wasn't the best day for a wake & vape, but you know I'll be firing her up as soon as she's out of the box.

Thanks again @Stevenski . Always enjoy your posts here and elsewhere. Thanks to many others here as well!

Keeping my fingers crossed and listening to this damned song in my head. Not really one of my favorites, but have to share:

Last edited:

Square4Life

Well, I've joined the club. I opted for the self-branding, rather than the more traditional tattoo. Be careful, these things are hot. I had set the log down, carefully, then reached around my water pipe to get my AVB container. Ow.

DwSSbZO.jpg

VAS set in a while ago, and I started looking around for a new desktop to augment my Volcano. I'd settled on a log style and was trying to decide between the UD and enano. Then I learned about the WoodScents, and that I could use my (Ti) VapCaps with it. The glowing reviews in this thread swung me over, so it was just a question of which one? When I clicked on the buckeye burl, I knew immediately which one.

Here's mine.

g1pejQ0.jpg

Just the log.

QTCt7EE.jpg

Closeup.

jrj7JfD.jpg

Kind of reminds me a bit of of Starry Nights and the cloudtops of Jupiter.

I've put a vapcap XL condenser in the stem, and an Omni condenser, almost fully extended, fits in the wood WPA.

FbUyATw.jpg

I now have too many vapcaps. I guess I'll have to sell one or two to offset the cost of the log, like I promised myself, but which ones?

xig5MkQ.jpg

Side by side with vapcaps, for size comparison.

TiliNvy.jpg

This thing is a serious vapour extraction device. The first time I used it was with a woody vapcap, since I had one handy, and I was quite thankful for the carb hole. I've used it since with the WS stem, and definitely prefer a carb when using it dry.

Having said that, I mostly use it through water where a carb isn't important to me. I'll use the wood WPA until nectar starts collecting at the mouthpiece, then I'll switch to the stem until they both need cleaning. I hardly ever use my vapcaps now. About the only time I do is if I'm in a hurry and can't wait for the log to heat up. They'll still get used when away from home, but I'm going to be getting a 12V battery to take my log car-camping.

I think when you push it, the vapcap can hit a bit harder, like a brick, but it fades rapidly as it cools. The WoodScents hits more like a train, or a train made out of bricks, hauling a load of bricks. At first there's nothing, but then you start to catch a whiff and hear that far away train coming. It builds and builds as the train gets closer, then BAM! It hits and just keeps on hitting, as long as your lungs and material are up to it. You exhale that first hit and try to pick yourself up off the tracks, but the train has a full head of steam now, so you'd better just hang on for the ride. Of course, nothing is forcing you to take big hits, but the option is there.

Switching back and forth between the two has been fun. I'm using an extra tip from my vapcap collection with the WS, so it has a cap with it. More than once I've loaded it, replaced the cap, then tried to use it in the log. That doesn't work. Going the other way, I've tried to stuff weed into my still-capped vapcap, and have almost torched it without replacing the cap. Can anyone relate?

Damn...I've got a Buckeye Burl but yours makes me jealous lol I wish mine had the darker appearance all over like yours does

Very Nice looking log!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
So guess what landed in my mailbox today.....

Work got all f'd up so she had to sit all by herself with some junkmail in the mailbox. Only one load in so far, but DAMN! - loving the WS. Plan to experiment most of the evening and will post more later soon.

In the meantime.... couldn't find my camera (it's around here somewhere), but here are a few cell phone pics. Isn't she lovely? Some really nice knots, voids, and character!

Front:
Lr4iY1g.jpg

Left:
c2uWtd3.jpg

Rear:

eaxMUga.jpg

Right: Favorite today! Look at that lovely void! Wood giving me wood.... oh yeah!

AIeZqDk.jpg

Square4Life

Any nano owners that have a WS care to weigh in on which they prefer ? Been a while since my last log....combined with vapcap capabilities my VAS is flaring up...it's like an injury you look forward to :D
Here is MY honest opinion...Both are great and will extract very efficiently. I'm not sure of the exact temperatures although I do know that both are concentrate capable and can achieve higher temps than something like the Underdog (this is not my personal first hand experience, just what I have heard). Both have very quick heat-up times (less than 5 minutes).

Here are my takeaways:

Body Heat - The E-Nano gets quite warm in comparison to the Woodscents. Even on higher temps, the WS gets only slightly warm. I find myself holding the WS more simply because it is comfortable to hold. There were times I was worried about the temperature of the E-Nano's body.

Power Cord - The E-Nano has a thick, heavy two-wire power cord that is very restrictive. The WS has a long circular power cord that makes the overall use easier to maneuver.

Dimmer - For purely visual reasons, I prefer the E-Nano's dimmer. The WS dimmer is slightly hard to read as it is all black but once you get used to it, it's not a problem. This isn't a 'major' concern, I just wanted to list all of the aspects to compare.

Performance - Trying to keep this as simple as possible...while the E-Nano is powerful, I didn't feel like it could keep up with the hardest of my draws. With the WS on 8.5-9...it chokes me out due to the dense amount of vapor while I'm drawing hard. If you aren't looking for the lung busting draws then I guess this won't matter as much BUT I would much rather have the horsepower and not need it.

Aesthetics - IMO...this isn't even fair to compare. It doesn't take much looking to determine the Woodscents that Ed has been turning are beautiful. The E-Nano simply doesn't have the same level of detail nor the species of wood which Ed uses.

Stems - This was an area of concern when I first received the WS. The perch or tip of the heating chamber which the stems wraps around and sits on it not as deep as the E-Nano. That being said, when using the glass stems with the WS, it gets a little precarious. It works without issue although the stability is not there. I wouldn't trust placing a glass stem on the WS and passing it to someone like I would with the E-nano (not that I ever made a habit of keeping stems on when not taking a draw...just an example). Now that the glass stem part is out of the way...I quickly put the glass stems away once I saw the power and compatibility with using the Titanium tipped wooden stems. You achieve a much better extraction, it fits much more snug and stable, AND it's a matching wooden stem (if using the one that Ed sends with the WS). The ability to use and Dynavap with the WS is one of my favorite aspects with the WS. I also went ahead and put condensers in both of the WS stems. Primarily this was just for easy cleanup purposes. May not be necessary but once you see how nice the WS and the WS's accessories are, you want to take care of them and make them last.

Weight - I'm not sure of the other species although the Buckeye Burl is SUPER light compared to my E-Nano. I had the weight posted somewhere and will update when I find it. Aside from the aesthetics, the weight was the first thing that REALLY jumped out at me when I received the unit.

Customer Service - I cannot speak to E-Nano's CS as I haven't had a reason to deal with them BUT as I was sitting on the fence trying to decide on purchasing the Woodscents...I had some questions and decided to give the number a call on the site. To my surprise, ED picked up the phone, spoke to me a few minutes, answered all questions, had a nice conversation. Was a very humbling experience to not only be able to speak to someone, but to Ed himself. That conversation was the reason I placed my order immediately after getting off of the phone.

I believe I touched on everything...

At the end of the day, they are both great units. Once the dimmer is set, there's not a single aspect where I'd prefer the E-Nano. Not to discredit the E-Nano..the Woodscents is just that good lol.

I know there was some disgruntled discussion around discussing this in Ed's thread...and I will gladly take it down in the event it is requested.
XDXKx1I.jpg

RfumX6p.jpg

Square4Life

Good morning you all, I hope all is well out there. So I was by my taxidermists place the other day and he knows about my work wanted me to bring in a piece to see, next thing I know he wants a custom and wanted it from Cocobolo. I told him I had a block that I could do him one from and so it was, here is the first Cocobolo WoodScents Titanium AromaLog

keq8ruU.jpg

Gotta do a couple matching wood stem/wong pieces and take it to him this afternoon, he is going to flip out!

Dude that is one heck of a comparison , THANKS :)
You rock.
I will keep my eye on this bad boy .
Not trying to derail in any way , back to all things WS. Has there been a cocobolo WS yet ? My favorite type of wood so far :D

Yeah...Ed makes it very hard to pick a favorite haha I want them all!

little maggie

I was going to get a VapCap TI Omni but after this thread I decided on the WS. What accessorie(s) should I get with this model that will not be super expensive/ Thanks!
I think you need both. Maybe not the omni but a ti vapcap of some kind. One is for plug in and one is portable and you can use the ti vapcap with the WS. I think that unless you want to use water the WS comes with everything you need.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I was going to get a VapCap TI Omni but after this thread I decided on the WS. What accessorie(s) should I get with this model that will not be super expensive/ Thanks!
Nice choice. You can always get the Omni later and work it with the WS.

Nice think about Ed's package is that it's pretty damn complete. Comes with wood and glass stems along with a WonG. Aromacup, tools and butter. You have all you need!

CalyxSmokr

Am I right that the woodscents is a 10 watt heater while the enano is just just slightly more (11 watts, 15 watts?)?
And woodscents heats up in half the time?

little maggie

I really want a buckeye burl. It's pure greed because they are so beautiful. I'm only 1 person and already have an enano, underdog, hi and tt plus my lovely ws. The woodscent is the only plug in I'm using right now. I've been disposing of all my session vapes and now only have wood portables and these logs. If I had sold them instead of giving them away I could buy a buckeye.
But I have 1 vape that I will sell when I stop being lazy and that will at least contribute to 1/3 of a burl.
I wonder if I can get a buckeye burl stem for the WS. Maybe that would take care of my buckeye VAS.
Ed does the most beautiful woodwork!

Last edited:

Downfvll

I think you need both. Maybe not the omni but a ti vapcap of some kind. One is for plug in and one is portable and you can use the ti vapcap with the WS. I think that unless you want to use water the WS comes with everything you need.

Thanks friend so I can get the WS then get a dynavap in a month or so. What would I need to use WS with my glass?

Square4Life

Thanks friend so I can get the WS then get a dynavap in a month or so. What would I need to use WS with my glass?
The WS will come with two wpa.
One is a short glass-on-glass 14mm
The other is a wooden wpa that is both 14mm and 18mm.

To answer the question... you will just need whatever glass you want to pair it with. Ed sends everything else you need from the WS and adapter side.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Here is MY honest opinion...Both are great and will extract very efficiently. I'm not sure of the exact temperatures although I do know that both are concentrate capable and can achieve higher temps than something like the Underdog (this is not my personal first hand experience, just what I have heard). Both have very quick heat-up times (less than 5 minutes).

Here are my takeaways:

Body Heat - The E-Nano gets quite warm in comparison to the Woodscents. Even on higher temps, the WS gets only slightly warm. I find myself holding the WS more simply because it is comfortable to hold. There were times I was worried about the temperature of the E-Nano's body.

Power Cord - The E-Nano has a thick, heavy two-wire power cord that is very restrictive. The WS has a long circular power cord that makes the overall use easier to maneuver.

Dimmer - For purely visual reasons, I prefer the E-Nano's dimmer. The WS dimmer is slightly hard to read as it is all black but once you get used to it, it's not a problem. This isn't a 'major' concern, I just wanted to list all of the aspects to compare.

Performance - Trying to keep this as simple as possible...while the E-Nano is powerful, I didn't feel like it could keep up with the hardest of my draws. With the WS on 8.5-9...it chokes me out due to the dense amount of vapor while I'm drawing hard. If you aren't looking for the lung busting draws then I guess this won't matter as much BUT I would much rather have the horsepower and not need it.

Aesthetics - IMO...this isn't even fair to compare. It doesn't take much looking to determine the Woodscents that Ed has been turning are beautiful. The E-Nano simply doesn't have the same level of detail nor the species of wood which Ed uses.

Stems - This was an area of concern when I first received the WS. The perch or tip of the heating chamber which the stems wraps around and sits on it not as deep as the E-Nano. That being said, when using the glass stems with the WS, it gets a little precarious. It works without issue although the stability is not there. I wouldn't trust placing a glass stem on the WS and passing it to someone like I would with the E-nano (not that I ever made a habit of keeping stems on when not taking a draw...just an example). Now that the glass stem part is out of the way...I quickly put the glass stems away once I saw the power and compatibility with using the Titanium tipped wooden stems. You achieve a much better extraction, it fits much more snug and stable, AND it's a matching wooden stem (if using the one that Ed sends with the WS). The ability to use and Dynavap with the WS is one of my favorite aspects with the WS. I also went ahead and put condensers in both of the WS stems. Primarily this was just for easy cleanup purposes. May not be necessary but once you see how nice the WS and the WS's accessories are, you want to take care of them and make them last.

Weight - I'm not sure of the other species although the Buckeye Burl is SUPER light compared to my E-Nano. I had the weight posted somewhere and will update when I find it. Aside from the aesthetics, the weight was the first thing that REALLY jumped out at me when I received the unit.

Customer Service - I cannot speak to E-Nano's CS as I haven't had a reason to deal with them BUT as I was sitting on the fence trying to decide on purchasing the Woodscents...I had some questions and decided to give the number a call on the site. To my surprise, ED picked up the phone, spoke to me a few minutes, answered all questions, had a nice conversation. Was a very humbling experience to not only be able to speak to someone, but to Ed himself. That conversation was the reason I placed my order immediately after getting off of the phone.

I believe I touched on everything...

At the end of the day, they are both great units. Once the dimmer is set, there's not a single aspect where I'd prefer the E-Nano. Not to discredit the E-Nano..the Woodscents is just that good lol.

I know there was some disgruntled discussion around discussing this in Ed's thread...and I will gladly take it down in the event it is requested.
XDXKx1I.jpg

RfumX6p.jpg

Good comparison, even if a bit much for here in WS thread. Needs to be somewhere I suppose. After only one night with my WS, I agree with most. One thing left out, that I guess all already know, is the considerable price difference. WS well worth every penny IMO. Kind of like a Ford Taurus is a nice car, but a Mercedes E-Class is at a whole different level in most ways for a little less than double the price.

Dude that is one heck of a comparison , THANKS :)
You rock.
I will keep my eye on this bad boy .
Not trying to derail in any way , back to all things WS. Has there been a cocobolo WS yet ? My favorite type of wood so far :D

Check this out and following posts. Search function (at top of every FC page) is your friend. Also, other comparisons and things people like about WS only a couple pages back. I find FC to be a much better resource if I read back at least 5 - 10 pages in any thread (whole thread even better if <50 pages), but YMMV.

Am I right that the woodscents is a 10 watt heater while the enano is just just slightly more (11 watts, 15 watts?)?
And woodscents heats up in half the time?

Not sure about the specs, but there is much more to heating than a watt or 4. Power, specific heater cores, etc. WS heats up faster to operating temp, in part it seems to less (little or no?) reliance on the heating of a much thicker wooden cylinder. IIRC Ed is using a very special heater designed just for the WS and it definitely seems to kick out high heat very quickly. Same as analogy above about Taurus vs MB E, it's the same item (car in this case), but much different. If I can swing it, I'll take an MB engine over a Ford every day of the week. But, it's not going to be anywhere near the same cost.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Plenty of WS porn posted overnight. Loving that WS @flotntoke & we all know @Ed's TnT always finds the most beautiful face in the wood. Awesome review @Square4Life & you are spot on about the power of this baby. Mine still makes me cough on the regular & that is only a good thing. It is subtle but I really like the Buckeye you posted too.

As others have said you get all you need with the WS. My recommendation is to add an extra tip & BAB with your order & place another order with Dynavap for 1 x XL S/S condenser, 1 x S/S condenser, 1 pack of screens & 2 packs of O rings. You won't need anything else for quite some time.

Square4Life

Good comparison, even if a bit much for here in WS thread. Needs to be somewhere I suppose. After only one night with my WS, I agree with most. One thing left out, that I guess all already know, is the considerable price difference. WS well worth every penny IMO. Kind of like a Ford Taurus is a nice car, but a Mercedes E-Class is at a whole different level in most ways for a little less than double the price.

Exactly my sentiments! Both vehicles will get you to the same destination, but depending on the vehicle, the ride can be more fun and enjoyable. I feel the price is fully justified as well.

Plenty of WS porn posted overnight. Loving that WS @flotntoke & we all know @Ed's TnT always finds the most beautiful face in the wood. Awesome review @Square4Life & you are spot on about the power of this baby. Mine still makes me cough on the regular & that is only a good thing. It is subtle but I really like the Buckeye you posted too.

As others have said you get all you need with the WS. My recommendation is to add an extra tip & BAB with your order & place another order with Dynavap for 1 x XL S/S condenser, 1 x S/S condenser, 1 pack of screens & 2 packs of O rings. You won't need anything else for quite some time.

Thanks Stevenski! I love my BE. The problem is that I love them all as well lol

I did EXACTLY what you are recommending with the extra add-ons with my WS not that long ago and couldn't agree more. The BE is such a soft wood, I felt the condensers would make the cleanup easier and less intrusive to the wood which in turn, will make it last longer. Plus, the additional tip will keep the o-rings from failing as quick since you won't be switching it back and forth. Not to mention, it's much more convenient to have both ready.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
And a couple caps that way you could go portable with your VC stems &tips and a torch of course.

Anxious to get out the big VC box and start playing with this and using VCs on WS. Hopefully tonight! Barely had enough time/personal vapor capcity to play with most of the stuff that came with the WS. Ed throws all kinds of good stuff in there - and it is all top shelf!

I also really dig that the longer stem (basically an uber VC - larger with no cap) has a 14mm taper on the end. So, easy to switch up as you like. While playing with it I'd do first hit or two dry to catch sweet flavors - then just drop it in a little bubb to squeeze all I could out of the load. Everything tasted great, but Cookies & Cream was amazing!! Best I've ever tasted from any vape and have run it through more than a few.

FWIW, i think right now I can get better flavor in general if working at it from nano - where I've found it takes some concentration and a little luck to pull what I call those BINGO hits. However, WS is much more consistent with great flavor and came naturally. I didn't have to hit it just right after getting the load perfect - and this was with less than an hour experience of actual vaping with it. Seems like with a little more practice I'll be able to figure out a few things and pull those BINGO hits at will without even trying too much.

Can't really say why yet, but there is more precision with WS than anything I have (except maybe MVT, which is variable and can be tricky). Maybe all in my head, due to what has started as my most loving honeymoon phase with a vape ever, but I doubt it! Not only is the craftmanship really "tight" and well done, the vapor production has the same sort of feel. Again, sort of like the feel of a Benz or other very well made car, or a really nice small batch local IPA compared to a Coors Light. Not that I'd say anything in my current rotation is that bad, but some border on a really good IPA from a better brewery, whereas the WS is like the small batch stuff I drink with the genius owner/brewer within hours of it going on tap. Those are always delicious every sip!

Top Bottom