vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
wow this Ascent just look's great, wood gives it a soul :tup:

Was thinking about those E-Nano stems, just broke a gong again:doh:
Oh well, surely they will come up one day :spliff:

vakedcow,
Reactions: as

rekrab

so after tip toeing around with my last remaining solo stem, picked up my grandillo from puffitup in the mail late last night and gave her a rip. I had a little trouble at first as it was definitely a tad bigger than my bent glass stem, I was forced to take out my oring to get her to fit. Very snug but damn she is a sexy one. adds that character. no more worrying about dropping glass for me. The hint of wood in the flavor is awesome, makes me feel a little more earthy with my electronic device. will definitely be looking to a wong or different wood straight from you ed, in the near future.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That Ascent stem is beautiful, Ed.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think they will be worth your time, business wise. I would think a hit to the wood would transfer that energy to the inner glass stem, possibly causing it to break. Whereas your Solo and mflb stems render those two units almost bulletproof. In addition, your markets for the mflb and Solo are huge compared to the Ascent. So, while I love your work, I don't think you will be making many of them.

Vitolo

Vaporist
That Ascent stem is beautiful, Ed.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think they will be worth your time, business wise.
I might have to agree with stick's analysis as far as the long term business wise venture.
It is a limited market... BUT those that are collectors will surely prize their Ed's Stem for an Ascent!
I know I still am VERY proud of my Ed's Iolite stem!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, thank you everyone for stopping by and the posts, I appreciate everyone's input! I had been encouraged by one of my dealers to try the wooden stem for the ascent, that and I just dig wood so much that I wanted to try something different. I am hoping to get an FV soon to try something with it. I just enjoy doing different stuff from time to time. It gets me out of the norm!

@rekrab I am glad you are enjoying your piece from PIU, at least you got one bro! I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come. Pls let me know when I can do something else for you in the future.

I had a scare the other day, my oldest was running through the woods, slipped and fell on his left hand, he cut the hell out of himself! Came in the back door had tears in his eyes and was really scared himself. He opened the palm of his hand and damn what a cut, I quickly wrapped it up and off to the ER we went. He was all worried about shots and the like, we dont dig needles at all! Got to the ER and had to tough stuff done. He is laid up on the couch for the next few days. This is my sons first time having stitches. I told him thats what being a boy is all about. Hell I had em several times as a kid! Thats why we have insurance. All is well now, hes just gotta chill and keep his hand elevated. The scare is over now its time to heal.

I hope all is well out there and wish you all the best!

Last edited:

rekrab

hey guys just a question, i have been testing my new granadillo stem, love the texture, taste, durability, yet my last few sessions ive noticed im still not getting the efficiency or full extraction bowls like I was with my glass bent stem. now the wood guy fits way tighter and I got the o ring back on and fitting. ive tried not packing my bowl really to packing herr reallll tight. the added air channels maybe seem to be addding to much air for me. do i just inhale reallly slow. or i may even consider just grinding out the air channels or is that to rash

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
hey guys just a question, i have been testing my new granadillo stem, love the texture, taste, durability, yet my last few sessions ive noticed im still not getting the efficiency or full extraction bowls like I was with my glass bent stem. now the wood guy fits way tighter and I got the o ring back on and fitting. ive tried not packing my bowl really to packing herr reallll tight. the added air channels maybe seem to be addding to much air for me. do i just inhale reallly slow. or i may even consider just grinding out the air channels or is that to rash

I owned a solo a little while back and had Ed make me a stem and I had the same issue so I ground it down to remove the slots and reduce the depth of the bowl a bit and it worked like a charm. I no longer have the stem or vape but it was the first wong that ed ever made for the solo and was probably my favorite part about that vape.

:peace:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
After reading through this thread, it made me even more anxious to get my Purpleheart UD stem. Ed was very excited to help me out and im sure it'll be gorgeous! I might even get a dugout for my stubborn uncle.. Oh and my LB stems are all gorgeous as well!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@rekrab Hm, I grind my herb to a med/fine texture and use the stem as a straw and suck the material up into the stem, I tap it off using my finger and add more if need be by hand. I like my loads to have a nice and tight, but not too tight. I put the stem in the unit and turn it on, set them solo to the desired temp and wait til it gets there. I like to hit it soft and slowly, I get solid milky hits this way. Not sure exactly what you technique is but maybe you may need to refine it a little to work well with the wood stem. Take some time and do some testing, do it with a med/fine grind and pack it kinda pillowy, hit it long and slow. I hit mine like I do most all my log vapes, long and slow. I hope this helps and hope to hear positive results from you soon bro.

@KidFated. I am gonna start on your stem this week and hope to have it shipped the following! I am gonna make it the same as I did the CRZ stems and hopefully it will function well. I look forward to your thoughts and findings of my work!

@RUDE BOY I have never heard of anyone using one of my dugouts like that! I am glad it is working well for you. Keep spreading the word bro and thanks for the post

I appreciate you alls posts and input, thanks for stopping by!

thedanks

Hey Ed, I would love to get my hands on one of these wooden stems. When do you expect to have them available for order again?

thedanks,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Newcastle

Stoned!
DON'T BOTHER HIM HE IS BUSY...Just kidding I also want one. Hell I don't even own a Solo yet but as soon as I get a stem from Ed I am going to order one. :D I was wondering if you would give us a heads up before you release them that would be awesome! Even more awesome if I have any money when that happens!

Newcastle,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Im sure he has some in stock. Depends on tha wood you want, his in tha shop bustin his balls on my UD stem, and i even told Ed on tha phone once i get a solo ill be ordering a solo stem. Cant wait to show you all my stem when it gets here! Props will be served where deserved, and i know he'll impress.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@thedanks and @Newcastle pls hang in there with me yall, I am giving it hell working wood every day/night. I am working on a PUI order and should have it done this week. I got a few custom pieces I gotta work in this week too. Its gonna be tough making it all happen but will do my best to have more solo stems in stock soon. I just got another order from my EU guy for 200 solo stems, several MF stems, and even 200 of the new ascent stems I just made one of. He likes em so much it was 200 no questions asked just get em done ASAP! Holy shit I am swamped!

@KidFated. you know I am gonna get you right! should ship out first of next week bro so be on the look out!

I hope all is well out there and everyone is doing good!

thedanks

Saw the pic on Facebook of those light wood ones made yesterday that look purrty. ;)

Oh my bad. I was looking for a solo stem.

thedanks,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning everyone, I pulled another all nighter last night, was tough but I did it. I really got alot done yesterday, got a few pressing custom pieces done and out of the way. Turned a bunch of Granadillo Solo stems! I am really putting a dent in these orders and I may even get em out early! Oh that would make everyone happy! I got my first order for Ascent Stems yesterday, 200 pieces African Blackwood, they are gonna be a lota fun to work. I am anxious to do something different. In fact I have a Flashvape on the way, I am gonna try and make some stems for it as well. I really dig getting away from the usual doing something new and challenging. Just wanted to stop by to share the news and post a couple of pics.

These are a couple of Solo Shortys 3", Cocobolo and Blackwood!

SortySolos_zpsd41011a5.jpg

Heres the Ascent with a couple of my Blackwood Stems

AscentampStems_zps8fa15525.jpg

If anyone is interested in some of these pls let me know!

I wish everyone well and all the best!

AnnaHigh

Hello. I`m ready for ordering 1 Solo Blackwood Shortys 3" and 1 Ascent Blackwood Stem. I wait for them for a long time

AnnaHigh,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I try to send a letter, but
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

ed@edstnt.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain edstnt.com by smtp.secureserver.net. [68.178.213.37].

I got your email and just replied to it. Pls email me back once you have had time to think about what I said and we will go from there. Thank you.

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom