Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have 6 tubes.. one is a double (I have two myrtles).
I am not sure what will come next.. I am thinking and looking to decide on the harmonious balance!

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Oh, believe me Vito; I get it.... I too am trying to decide. I can't remember how many stems I have now.... I'll have to wait until I unpack them. But I seem to remember us being neck 'n neck on this. I'm leaning towards the blackwood. I love the glossy finish on it. But that ebony sure is pretty... :lol:

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I knew the blackwood was gonna be a sweet piece, only had a few and all that I had was scooped up not long after I listed em, I am currently out of it and have to get some more of that species MOM, with all thats happening round here its gonna be a few weeks probably before I have some more ordered and turned. Once I start back on tubes I have a couple sticks of new stuff I am thinking of throwing in the mix. I have some beautiful stashed back like Sindora Burl and Gmelia Burl that I have been wanting to spin. I am sure these will make it harder to choose!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well shit Ed.... good thing I'm a patient woman! :lol: But more choices? Oh boy..... I'm in trouble.

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks bio...
In this technical world... an MMJ patient must use technological advances to Vaporize.
This collection of stems and my Zaps is different.
This makes technology, hide in the background against the beauty of nature.
Nature and beauty are added to a Vaporists life!

Vitolo,

friedricey

being human
I just received mine today.

Initial thoughts of the wood was, "wow this wood looks awesome". Definitely a lot of care went into this art.

Thanks.

friedricey,

friedricey

being human
South Amercican Cocobolo

I'd like to mention a lot of detailing has gone into this stem and the grains on the wood just glows with the shine. I can see how people can buy many of these - they're artworks in their own right.

Classy and just my style.

friedricey,

friedricey

being human
013.jpg

014.jpg

friedricey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wow, that cocobolo has so much grain it looks like bocote! Just beautiful.

and Vito.....I did some unpacking. Looks like I'm still one up one you. I've got 7 vapor tubes.... as of now.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello out there, that Coco is a hella piece Fried, glad you're happy with it and thanks for the kind words! The pics look great, you gotta love that eye staring at you.

I really gotta get some more blackwood MOM, I am really intrigued by that species for tubes now, it does something to me when I work it, its like the amoboyna, it really turns into a thing of beauty that captivates me each and every time I finish one!

Ed's TnT,

gvape

Why do I need to hear so many good things about this Blackwood.....? All this talk about it makes me wish I grabbed one when you said so. I guess Im in for one next time. Cant wait for that new shipment of wood.

Also need to take pictures of my new stems, hippy, and 6 piece roll up. I have been meaning to do that for some time now.

I also discovered that I can take a replacement tip for my TT and instead of sticking it in the tip of one of eds. I can take out all the metal of eds and use the rubber and replacement TT tip and it fits right in. Nice and flush, easy design and now I can use Eds Wood stems without any altercations and just screw on a tip for the PD or TT and viola. Multi device stem that looks good too. Ill get pictures up with the rest :) Now only if replacement tips didnt cost so much I would convert all my tubes to this system.

gvape,

gvape

So it was about time I get a post up with some pictures of my stems yet now I cant find my rollup... its around here somewhere... Cant take pictures :( Ill keep looking so I can get some pictures of my 6pk, hippie, and stems :)

So for now, I guess I will only get to show you my new modified EDs Wood Tubes. Also, I am SO happy now that with just a simple unscrew I can either be using my PD or TT with the same tubes. Now the costly part, converting all 9! (2 down, 7 to go)

Materials:
Wood Tube from ED ($ varies from tube)
New Toasty Top Threaded Tip ($10 can get PD or TT threaded bowl)
Hands or Pliers (Depends how good Eds Tip is jammed in)

Step 1.
Pull put the tip from Eds wood tube. Be very careful with this part. I tried mine first with my hands, as some of mine pull out this way, but others are in much better and I would need a pliers to take out.

Step 2.
Once you got the brass tips out, now its time to get the new TT tip. I first take the silicone ring and move it to the very end of the stainless steel. Now I start to slowly twist it around and move it in to the wood. It takes a few minutes, might even take a few tries to get it in far enough. Once it is on its a perfect fit!

Step 3.
Now you have two options, you can screw off the tip and either put on the PD or TT tip. Such a simple project yet so effective!

gvape,

gvape

Ed's TnT said:
I have some beautiful stashed back like Sindora Burl and Gmelia Burl that I have been wanting to spin. I am sure these will make it harder to choose!

*Shakes Fist*
I dont even know what those stems are gonna look like but I bet you anything you can count me in for one of each.

gvape,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Very nice discovery gvape. The silicone should minimize the risk of cracking the tube.

I wonder if a taper for a 14mm glass joint could be turned on one end of Ed's tubes? Then his tubes could be used with glassware.

Alan,

gvape

That would be neat, would be a very unique to have a wood tube fit in to a glass joint. Any interest is making something like this for me to test Ed?

I really need to get a lathe. I have so many ideas i want to try....

gvape,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good thinking Gvape, I like what you have done to make the tubes so versatile! Great job! I have to get back at finishing some dugouts I have put together. The Sindora is really nice, I am gonna get back to working tubes soon, just never enough time. If anyone knows where I can find some please send me an email with directions!

Kewpcer, been thinking about your inquiry and may be able to do something for ya, give me this next week to try and make it happen.

TV said:
I wonder if a taper for a 14mm glass joint could be turned on one end of Ed's tubes? Then his tubes could be used with glassware.

Am sure it could be done, is this something that you have done Alan?

Ed's TnT,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Ed's TnT said:

My wood tubes are too small in diameter to fit in the 14mm glass joint. Your tubes however, are just the right size. All you need is a piece of glassware to check the fit. Set your tool rest at the correct angle and you can get pretty close to a perfect taper. I do make wooden MT-2 tapers for my lathe headstock. You can also make a jig that will test the taper so you don't have to take it off the lathe. Good luck if you decide to make one.

Alan,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
TV said:
Ed's TnT said:

My wood tubes are too small in diameter to fit in the 14mm glass joint. Your tubes however, are just the right size. All you need is a piece of glassware to check the fit. Set your tool rest at the correct angle and you can get pretty close to a perfect taper. I do make wooden MT-2 tapers for my lathe headstock. You can also make a jig that will test the taper so you don't have to take it off the lathe. Good luck if you decide to make one.

Thanks for the info Alan, I will look into this more. Would like to see those wooden tapers, sound interesting, havent been turning that long, only a couplea years, not anyone I can learn from near, tips and techniques are welcome bro!

Ed's TnT,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Your welcome Ed.

Just trying it is the best way I have found to learn.

Is the wood on glass joint called a wong?

Alan,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Just got my LB to bong adapter this afternoon, got a couple to beta, the glass joint is 14mm, my tubes are damn near that now, not a problem at all to make that happen.

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom