Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I am always looking into this and that if it can be done with wood, bouta half dozen or so of the amboyna had big voids and inclusions that I was able to pack with turquoise, had bout the same # of big eye afzelia, these are so beautiful I havent figured out how to sell em yet, have done the wysiwyg kinda thing before but it takes so much time to just to get em ready for market. If you wanna do something special in anything one day all you have to do is holla, I may already have it! I have customer that have spent $100's with me, I have been really blessed!

Ed's TnT,

friedricey

being human
Man, I just stumbled onto this page. I wish I hadn't because now my wallet's going to take a beating.

friedricey,

Vitolo

Vaporist
friedricey... This is a good beating. These custom pieces of wood, are a lot less money than what we spend on vapes, and each time, give your Zap (or preferred log vape) a whole new life in your home. ;)

Vitolo,

Mechtradevil20

Peanut Butter & Pickle Sandwich Enthusiast
So, question: Can those vapor tubes, the larger wooden tubes with the metal attachment pipe on one end, be used with the magic flight launch box? I know there are the smaller LB stems that Ed makes, but are the tubes applicable with the box?

Mechtradevil20,

Vitolo

Vaporist
No.. they definitely would not fit the box without some ingenious adapters to couple it down to size!
Besides... Ed's MFLB stems are so good looking.. that the smallness makes them a more intricate piece of artwork.

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Oh fried, now is a good time to stumble, alot is happening here at Ed's TnT, been out in the shop the last couplea days hitting it hard spinning tubes. Have a few new species coming, wont have a whole lot of each though, African Blackwood, Asian Crape Myrtle Burl, Mun Ebony, & Hawaiian Pheasantwood. Have spun many more of other species already available, want to get these off to the photographer for him to work his magic! Really am anxious for you all to seem em, they have been alota fun to work.

Been giving this tube/stash box idea a thought more, its starting to feel alot mo better, am thinking it would be bout the size of a pack of cigarettes or so either way, the tube would be a little shorter at about 2 3/4" wood with 1/4" tip, it would go tip down, the stash side would be fairly large, I could see having quite a bit in there, it would work just like a dugout, keep your fresh ground so and so nice and tight in the one side twist the top, out pops the tube and off you go. The tubes are currently 3 5/8" wood with the 1/4" tip now. I am thinking the vapor temp will be affected but not drastically by any means. I can see it in a nice walnut set now, shortie wood walnut tube + walnut twist top stash box + walnut zap. Am feeling it!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Badabing, badaboom! Now we're talking! :lol:

You know Ed, every time you bring up new wood species, it gets me going again... Hawaiian Pheasantwood has a nice ring to it...

momofthegoons,

gvape

Any chance Im gonna be seeing some Toasty Top Tubes? I barely been using my PD and all my wood stems kinda have been sitting... I only been using the PD becuase I see the wood tubes sitting and I feel like I want to use them!

Either way Im excited to see all the new stuff coming in

gvape,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I don't know what to tell ya gvape, I don't have any specs to work with, don't know what the size the tip needs to be, now to the top of the heat port. Give me some sizes and we'll see.

Just got the roll-ups in 3pks and 6ers, they look great and really do store your tubes nice and secure. I can't wait for you all to see em. Am gonna have my guy shoot em this week with all the new tubes, hope to have the hemp pockets to, they are gonna be another great accessory also, should have all this loaded this time next week.

Hope all is well out there.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
TV said:
Here is a link for the size of the Toasty Tube:

Toasty Tube Size

What is the outside diameter for the MZ / PD tubes?

Thanks

I use 5/16" tubing for the tips and 9/32" tubing for the inserts, I think I have been told that your heatport is within the unit, that you have to push the stem down into it then inhale, am I wrong? I have heard some people use my tubes in the Top by pushing them in, is that correct? If so your opening is larger than the 9/32"??? The tubes themselves are spun to bout .60 of an inch OD, they are a little larger than yours I think.

Ed's TnT,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Ed's TnT said:
I use 5/16" tubing for the tips and 9/32" tubing for the inserts, I think I have been told that your heatport is within the unit, that you have to push the stem down into it then inhale, am I wrong? I have heard some people use my tubes in the Top by pushing them in, is that correct? If so your opening is larger than the 9/32"??? The tubes themselves are spun to bout .60 of an inch OD, they are a little larger than yours I think.

My heat sink is made of a 3/8" stainless steel tube swagged to a stack of washers. There is a 5/16" hole all the way through with no obstructions. 5/16" stainless steel tubing slides smoothly inside of 3/8" tubing, so that is what I use to make my tips.
The heater extends into the bottom of the heat sink and stops short of the top. This provides a stop for the roasting tube when it slides down the heat sink tube. A screen sits directly on top of the heater.
The idea is to start roasting at a lower temperature and work up to the higher temperatures. This can be done by only inserting the very tip of the roasting tube in to the heat sink tube. This will allow some room air to mix with the hot heat sink air to give a lower roasting temperature. Insert the tip farther in for higher temps. It can eventually be inserted all the way. This essentially gives you manual temperature control. You get so many more hits doing it this way and they taste really good.

Alan,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
So I would need to make a 3/8" tip with a 5/16" insert for the tube to seat properly within the top right? If the tip pokes outa the tube about a 1/4" to 1/2" & the insert pokes out another 1/4" or so, how long would it need to be to hit the right depth in the heat port?

Ed's TnT,

gvape

Why would you need to make the insert tip? I feel like since Alans tubes have the unscrewable bowl you could clean it right from that eliminating the extra tip that you use. Right?

gvape,

friedricey

being human
Just before I go and purchase from your store. The myrtlezap stem fits with the purple days unit right?

friedricey,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I am not sure I follow G, Alan's screw on, mine slide in, how would you secure your load?

Thats right Fried they do fit the PD, get your order in this week, you ship Monday.

I just got the wood and and the new roll-ups to my guy, should have the pockets to him tomorrow, will have all these back and loaded next week. It was my birthday yesterday, Mrs. Ed took me out for Mexican, I had been wondering what the hell I was gonna call the pocket style tube holder, was trying to pitch it at the wife and see what see can come up with, shes throwing out all kinds of craziness, then she says "The Hippy", she says its kinda like a pocket from some vintage pants, like a hip pocket, so The Hippy! I am diggin it, I feel ya so there you go! Also got another drawstring hemp sac I wanna put out there for dugouts, pipes and such, gonna call it the Nap-Sack, you will be able to get it as it is, or fully loaded with a tools, screens, accessories and what not. I gotta be prepared for whatever may happen, so strike out with all you'll need and don't forget your Nap-Sack!

Gonna be out in the shop hard at it for the next couplea days, got alot to catch up on. I hope everyone is staying cool out there, this heat is brutal down here and what I here yesterday all but 2 states had temps over 90 degrees. This is madness, polar bears are dying every day, what the hell!!!!!!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
A belated Happy Birthday Ed! :party: Hope you had a good one!

The Hippy. I love it. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new stuff.

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Happy Birthday Ed! Yesterday was Patty's Birthday also! (112 here)!
The Hippy sounds great. :)

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks for the BDay wishes Mom and Vito, I am glad you all like the name for The Hippy. Be on the lookout Vito, most of your orders from me show up on Wednesdays, that beautiful Blackwood should be showing up really soon, I will cross my fingers for ya!

Ed's TnT,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Happy belated Ed, hope you had a nice day and meal!
Could be worse than being too hot, you could live in England where a typical July day like today is grey and pissing it down with rain all afternoon, what fun!

On a tolerance break at the moment but as soon as it's done I'll be chomping at the bit to get my hands on a new LB stem so hope you have some nice pieces in the works too :p

wilf789,

Smokey

Cloud Master
My Ambonya stem arrived today! This is how it looks on my little mflb all buttered up!

FCambonyaF.jpg

Already love it :D Thank you Ed, the wood looks and feels amazing!

Smokey,
Top Bottom