Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Vitolo

Vaporist
I keep some extra inserts. I do not use them often.. when I want to soak one in Iso to clean it, I slip the next tip on, so my tubes never sit without a tip!

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello, thanks for the bday wishes Wilf & Smokey! Really like that Amboyna Stem you got there Smokey, looks very nice, to bad you cant get a LB made from Amboyna, that would be the shit.

Ok just got the photos back and have em loaded at my shopping cart, I hope you all like all the wood and the new hemp tube Hippy's and Roll-Ups.

I have these in 3pks. and 6ers.
Roll-Ups2.jpg

The Hippy is a 3pk.
Hippys2.jpg

African Blackwood
Blackwood2.jpg

Asian Amboyna Burl
AmboynaTubes2.jpg

Crape Myrtle Burl
CrapeMyrtleBurlTubes2.jpg

Streaked B&W Ebony
EbonyStreakTubes2.jpg

Thick B&W Ebony
EbonyThick2.jpg

Leopardwood
LeopardwoodTubes2.jpg

Asian Mun Ebony
MunEbony2.jpg

Hawaiian Pheasantwood

PheasantWoodTubes2.jpg

Fried, a 3pk. of inserts is always a good thing to have, rather have em and not need em, than need em and not have em, thats me bro!

Ed's TnT,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Nice selection of wood Ed. They are gorgeous.
The Roll-Ups and Hippy are wonderful. I really like the extra tip storage in the Hippy.

Alan,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks fellas for stopping by and digging my work, its been alot of it to make this happen.

You gotta like that insert holders in the Hippy TV, my girl did really good with that idea, the pouch for them was ok but this way is way mo better! Oh and you gotta like those Blackwood Tubes, they are my favorite for right now. They finish so well, its like glass when they are in your hand, the feel is so clean and crisp, am sure the vapor is also very distinct.

Ed's TnT,

friedricey

being human
I'm about to order and I read this on your website:

"Shipping & Delivery
At this time, Ed's TnT ships merchandise to locations within the United States and U.S. territories, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands. Additionally, Ed's TnT ships merchandise to Canada and Mexico, but not to other international locations. The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this Web site pass to you when the merchandise is delivered to the shipping carrier."

Do you ship to Australia? Does the final price include shipping to Australia?

Edit: and then I read this on your main website:

http://www.edstnt.com/index_files/image6403.png

I'm confused.

friedricey,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Gotta change that Fried, thanks for pointing that out! You bet I ship there and yes the price is all included my friend!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Lot's of new great stuff at Ed's! :) The blackwood and mun ebony look really sleek. Do they finish a lot like the cocobolo Ed? My favorite stems are the ones that have that sleek finish.

All of mine are packed up right now since we thought we were moving. Hadn't even had a chance to try out my last purchase.... Now that that has changed, I've got to unpack all that stuff and get busy again! I've missed my variety!

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
momofthegoons said:
Lot's of new great stuff at Ed's! :) The blackwood and mun ebony look really sleek. Do they finish a lot like the cocobolo Ed? My favorite stems are the ones that have that sleek finish.

Yes, in fact MOM they are so close in density and finish they are some of the sleekest I have ever made. The Blackwood feels so crisp in your hand, the Mun Ebony are also very clean and glossy just on their own without any BAB, but I put some on em anyway. Just had a guy come by and snatched up the last two blackwood I had, gonna have to order some more soon!

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I can attest to that.. I am looking at my reflection in my Blackwood stem now, between Zap hits.
(damn... what a handosme guy!) :lol:
Cocobolo is slick too, but in a very subtly different way.. I have to draw the length of the stem across my lip to really feel it... but I can detect it with the ball of a finger too....
The Cocobolo seems to have a delicately satiny sensation when stroked.
The Blackwood is more glasslike.
They add to the range of textures.. no 2 really feel alike (not even my 2 myrtle stems)
Ebony is up on deck next, I think. I'm looking at the two types; the bold more spotted ebony, or that new more streaked ebony!

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hope all is well out there, here is a pic of the Amboyna chunks I had mentioned back, both together wiegh 50lbs., they are the biggest and most expensive pieces I have ever purchased. Both are full of eyes, very rich and have high figure, the golden sapwood is a big plus, these will make a whole lota dugouts and such, not sure how much two tone will come out of these, wont be much though. Sold a couplea Hippys and Roll-Ups, hoping to hear some feedback on em.

Alot is happening here at Ed's TnT, working wood everyday and making magic happen!

2011-08-03_21-11-27_78.jpg

Have the remnants of an awesome MahoeZap that met its untimely demise for reference.

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks for that update Ed's.... and for the preview of those super heavy and beautiful chunks!

Those will make some gorgeous stuff whether two toned or not.
Bet they will fill out a "Hippy" with style.... I still am juggling the two ebonies in my mind.. and am sure I will get it straight this weekend.
Keep the great stuff coming buddy! :brow:

Vitolo,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
That is a lot of wood Ed. It will make many beautiful things. Can't wait to see them.

I also discovered that Ed's tubes are already set up to accept the stainless steel Toasty Tips. The 1/4" stainless tubing from my glass Toasty Tubes will slide inside of the 9/32" brass tubing. The silicone tubing stretched over the 1/4" stainless tubing provides a seal between the brass and stainless tubing. You just need to remove the screen in the brass tip as the Toasty Tip contains a screen.

Alan,

gvape

I just did this as we spoke in email about it. Here's a picture of the modified stem.

gvape,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Very well done gvape. Looks like it works very well. You may even be able to put the tip in the other way so it bottoms out at the groove. Does the tubing stop at the groove in either direction?

Alan,

gvape

Only reason I didnt do it on the other end was so that I didnt take the screen and clip out. I wanted to make sure it worked well before I took apart the tip. I also wish EDs tips were all short. I noticed that the older tips I have are really long and now the new ones I got are much shorter.

gvape,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Don't know how I missed this the other day.... that's some beautiful wood Ed. I am looking forward to seeing what you will make with it.

Also interesting that the tips on Ed's vapor tubes can be modified to fit the TT. Since I own both Zaps and a TT, it would be nice to use some of Ed's beautiful tubes with the TT too. I might have to look into this.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Very nice technique TV, that is smart way of making them useful for both devices.

The tubes & tips are a little different now then what I was doing at first, I like the way they are now with the tips pushed up in the wood more. There will not be any more changes in those, they are now what they are and will be.

The blocks above had a little moisture in em, I took this pic and then covered them in wax on all the raw sides, its hella humid here and I dont want these to crack on me at all. I have a few smaller chunks that will be worked over before I ever get to these big boys.

Ed's TnT,

kewpcer

Ed, I've recently taken to pushing my LB stem from you into a tooty tip for my zap and using it as a vapor straw. The smaller internal diameter natively slows down the draw to get a super rich vapor with enhanced taste, but it's a bit too short. Could you spin a custom stem for me? Same internal diameter, the first 1/4" turned to the diameter for insertion into the MFLB, the rest of it about 1/8" wider, and 3/4" longer and bevel all the edges.

I think this may help my noob friends hit the Zap correctly on the 12V, because it chokes me to death on the 13.5V.

kewpcer,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Received my Ebony LB stem yesterday and while I'll have to wait another week before I can actually use it, it is just as beautiful as I expected it to be coming from the master carpenter himself, Ed.

Great customer service, fast shipping, lovely piece of wood - what more could you honestly want?

I'd like to post a pic up but at the moment I can't find the USB cable for my phone. Although to do the stem justice I'm going to try and find a proper camera to take a shot with - will edit and add photo if and when I do this.

A big fat thank-you very much to Ed as always!

wilf789,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Photoon2011-08-13at17002.jpg

Contemplating my next addition. I am sure liking the two types of ebony.... decisions decisions.
The new Solid Stainless Steel Zaps will deserve a new stem!

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, Kewpcer thats an interesting use of the LB stem, length is something I cant do, the bit is so small in diameter that the least amount of pressure will bend the bit and force it to bore crooked, I am able to get a bit that is longer but that will allow it to bend even more, I guess I could make you one that is the larger thickness that would taper from the smaller end up to the larger and put a small bevel on both ends if you wanted. You caught me at a good time, I am back spinning LB Stems for the next week or two, got to get caught up and get em out. Now would be the time to get that done for ya Kewpcer.

Wilf I was just thinking of you yesterday wondering if you had gotten that yet or not, I am glad you did and knew you would dig it, that is a unique piece. Thanks for the kind words most of all, have said it before but those are what its all about! Get a pic up lets see what you're working with!

Vito, I dont know what to say, you have quite an impressive variety already, the Ebony would make another great addition no matter which of the two you get! Hang in there and holla when you're ready!

I have been out in the shop hard at it, put together a bunch of dugouts, Walnut and new Buck-Eye Burl, the BEB is an amazing species, the blues and whites with burl eyes are mesmerizing! Had a few voids in half the bunch, had to pack em with turquoise and fill the bad spots They are definitely one of the the most beautiful type I have ever made. I will post some pics when they are finished. Hope all is well out there!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wow Vito, that's quite an impressive collection. Now you've got me wanting to unpack all my stuff and see if you've got more than me! :lol: Since I'm not moving now, maybe today....

I used my Bocote tube last night for the first time in a while. I had sort of forgotten how much the vapor is cooled with the wood tubes. With everything packed away for the last couple months, I've been limited with what I've used. It was fun to reacquaint myself with it.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom