ecapple iV-1

serialtoker

Still here Still
So ordered on monday evening arrived 10.20 this morning (weds) outstanding DP vapes, mine screws in flush on the bottom,and its a slotted cover,the bubbler is thicker glass than ma m8s and it appears to be the redesigned MP, it does'nt have the unscrewable piece inside for screen maintenance, I had to jumpstart it though, same as my m8s, does'nt have to be plugged into a wall or anything just the mini usb plugged into the unit wakes it back up, done 2 burnouts what little smell there was has very nearly gone,lookin forward to a merrier crimbo now its arrived, And a merry christmas to all you other FC'ers out there Cheers,

Edit: first battery change started as it should no need for mini usb.

serialtoker

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
Mine has the screw on screen mouthpiece, i thought that was the newer version?
To start up without usb, insert battery, tighten cover, press start button, turn cover back half a turn and re tighten, should now be in standby mode. have fun.

ReggieB

So ordered on monday evening arrived 10.20 this morning (weds) outstanding DP vapes, mine screws in flush on the bottom,and its a slotted cover,the bubbler is thicker glass than ma m8s and it appears to be the redesigned MP, it does'nt have the unscrewable piece inside for screen maintenance, I had to jumpstart it though, same as my m8s, does'nt have to be plugged into a wall or anything just the mini usb plugged into the unit wakes it back up, done 2 burnouts what little smell there was has very nearly gone,lookin forward to a merrier crimbo now its arrived, And a merry christmas to all you other FC'ers out there Cheers,

Edit: first battery change started as it should no need for mini usb.

serialtoker
This is what my old mouthpiece and the new ones look like, I don't have a new one yet but as you can see, they're almost the same except they've replaced the white teflon with PC (polycarbonate?), both have the screw in part for the screen.
InsertPic_8440112-23-19-34-38_zpsk3jpjyro.png

I emailed ecapple the other day for us to find out where we could get the new mouthpieces from and this was the pic they sent me, if you need the original replaced, contact your vendor and if they can't sort it out, email ecapple directly from their contact form.

They've also informed me today that they will be making an improved model, with these new features:
Celsius/Fahrenheit temperature display
Boot after changing battery
Change temperature while Vaping
New case design

I have also been sent a picture of a wax chamber for concentrates, I will see if I can get some information about where we can get them from and keep you all updated.

Last edited:

serialtoker

Still here Still
Here's my MP no screw in the centre to get the screen out for maintenance,I've not tried to see how or if it comes apart at this point,just wanted to show the difference between the three,
DSCF0023.jpg

Last edited:

ReggieB

That might be the original from the model that came before the iv-1 called the 'vape through' I think.

I have also found a decent way to attach my iv-1 to my glass rig, a 2" (5cm) piece of 1/2inch (1.27cm) I.D clear tube, heat the tube in warm water and it will stretch over the male fitting on my rig so it's a nice tight fit, with the other end it's already a snug fit for the iv-1 mouthpiece and sturdy enough to support the whole unit on it's own.

lookhigh

FC member
They've also informed me today that they will be making an improved model, with these new features:
Celsius/Fahrenheit temperature display
Boot after changing battery
Change temperature while Vaping
New case design

I have also been sent a picture of a wax chamber for concentrates, I will see if I can get some information about where we can get them from and keep you all updated.

They must be listening/watching me?:tinfoil:

serialtoker

Still here Still
Greetings, my Ecapple iv 1 (vapethrough? ) is not functioning as it should be, Seemed fine the first day but started to show problems on day two, it drops out of heating mode into standby intermmitently whilst heating without being touched and on a fully charged baterry,it also would'nt turn on after a change of battery x2 until plugged into a power socket,
(my m8s normally starts up just plugging the mini usb into the unit,no power required )
It also has a temp malfunction, whilst heating the temp randomly faulters/fails to climb any further and then the temp starts to fall in 2 degree increments whilst the button is still red indicating it's still heating?

The unit also shuts down when still showing two bars on the battery symbol,It also keeps defaulting to fast heating mode,there is a discrepancy in actual temps being achieved, so I'm goin to contact the vendor for an exchange,I have some experience with the Ecapple, my m8 has one which has worked very reliably in the 3mths he's had it (from the same vendor) but the one I've got does'nt heat nearly as quickly as his does and sometimes not at all,nor operate for as many sessions as his does on one battery(supplied), they are both quite different in how they operate.

I like the unit but I've got a faulty one here,

Last edited:
serialtoker,
Reactions: tripwire

PhillyPhil

I got my IV-1 a week ago and it's really a good vape with a few quirks. Mine also turns off when it heated up with 2 bars on the battery indicator. However, I do get enough sessions through the day so it's an easy battery replacement when I get home (up to 6+ sessions).

The only other thing is the mouthpiece is getting tiresome with the loose threading, etc. I've tried locking mine up with a thin piece of plastic. Going to order the updated mouthpiece to complete this great buy.

PhillyPhil,

ReggieB

I have had my unit stop heating but it was right at the end of the battery, the unit actually flashed up a message about there not being enough power left to heat, then I'm pretty certain it told me to charge it. I regularly run my battery down to a single bar.

ReggieB,

PhillyPhil

Alright fellas, the mouthpiece finally hit its limit. It's officially out of commish.

Where can I get the updated mouthpiece other than from the ShenZen corp. office? I've already contacted and they directed me to Gearspek (their Southern California dealer) who in turn does not have the updated mouthpiece. Anywho, I'm more worried about waiting on the shipping from Mainland China which could be anywhere from 3-4 weeks :uhoh:

Somebody also mentioned they were able to connect an eg0-510 adapter with a non-wick atomizer as an alternate solution. However, I tried this method and the adapter does not fit the threading on the IV-1.

Any ideas and suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks and Happy 2016 to all.

CarbonFiberGuy

I just received mine from VapingFans Today . I ordered on the 15th , so it took a couple weeks but there was two holidays in there . I have the old mouthpiece unfortunately the white Teflon version ,but screen is removable . They also sent a concentrate cup taped to the side of package:rockon: . Unit is charging now so I can't comment other than build feels pretty good for $60 . Its comparable to the build quality of a Eleaf istick IMO .

Ecapple http://imgur.com/MYba4pt

MYba4pt

There she is.........In all her glory:love:

I haven't figured out the trick to connect my kanger tanks like Dopeshow , even with a 510 to ego connecter . Dopeshow can you please post a picture of your mouth piece separated from the ecapple piece by piece so I can see how you attached it ? Or maybe you could explain it more ,Maybe my ego to 510 adapter is different ? another picture would really help clear things up , thank you ...

ReggieB

@PhillyPhil Use the thread from the broken mouthpiece, it should screw into the base of a tank about a turn or so, just enough to allow you to screw it into the ecapple. You need to make sure that you put a screen in there somewhere or you'll get a mouthful of something...

justcametomind

Got mine as well! Liquid cup taped on it as well! :D
Manual says to charge it for (at least) 3 hours.
After 1,5h or so, the screen went black.
Now I reconnected and is charging again, I hope not to have fucked up the battery.
EDIT#1:Not much vapor at 350F, as always I got the uncool version (older mouthpiece), but I'm producing good tasty vapor at 395.
It's always nice to get high on some different machine.
Whenever they fix the minor issues this is the bomb already, hope it just don't die on me soon, or else this is a good entry level.
Thanks guys for pointing this out!
EDIT#2:I want to get a couple more being sure it is the updated version this time!
I think it reads a tad hotter than it is, but the vapor is plenty and flavorful.
I don't figure out how to properly clean this vape, without unscrewing the unit other than brushing a little. This is my only concern but I think I read something about that before pulling the trigger. Back again to page 1, thanks a lot guys!

Last edited:

ReggieB

Hi All, I've just received an email from Ecapple giving me some promo pictures of of the new model IV-1S that they're developing, got to say it does look really nice, some subtle but nice changes on the case design and they're looking at introducing some new colours, in the pics I've got it's a really nice burgundy red, what colours would you like to see?

Looks like the bubble has had an upgrade, it's an interesting looking design, I can't quite work out how it bubbles but it really looks like a bottom coil e-cig tank, kudos for the stealth mode!!!

And apparently they'll be keeping the price the same too.

ReggieB

Here are the pics of the new unit with the redesigned bubbler and also a pic of the wax tank. They look like mockups but I like the red, that bubbler looks incredibly discrete, especially with a bit of rezblock for colour, would make it look like e-juice all day long, it would be interesting to see it in action.

201601054_zpsujeerksp.jpg

2016010511_zps6jnbrlee.jpg

InsertPic_01-05-17-44-26_zps9gtclqr5.png

PhillyPhil

@PhillyPhil Use the thread from the broken mouthpiece, it should screw into the base of a tank about a turn or so, just enough to allow you to screw it into the ecapple. You need to make sure that you put a screen in there somewhere or you'll get a mouthful of something...

Thanks for the reply Reggie B but the thread is simply too large to fit the base. I've gone through 3-4 vape shops now and nobody has a solution. I may need a visual to see how you were able to work this out.

Thanks!

On a separate note: http://www.slashfilm.com/netflix-voltron/

ReggieB

I haven't done it myself properly just tested with stuff I have here to see what fits :) You basically want an atomizer or adapter with an EGO (12mm) thread on it, the pitch of the thread is wrong BUT it's good enough to get a turn. a male ego thread will probably fit into the ecapple, the ecapple mouthpiece thread will definitely fit into an EGO threaded atomizer (like a Kik protank).

PhillyPhil

I haven't done it myself properly just tested with stuff I have here to see what fits :) You basically want an atomizer or adapter with an EGO (12mm) thread on it, the pitch of the thread is wrong BUT it's good enough to get a turn. a male ego thread will probably fit into the ecapple, the ecapple mouthpiece thread will definitely fit into an EGO threaded atomizer (like a Kik protank).

Worked like a charm. The techs at the vape shop just weren't thinking outside the box. Once i got my hands on it, I removed the atomizer from the tank and placed the orig. screw in place of the atomizer.

kill-thumb.png

Last edited:

ReggieB

I would like to add that it's probably a good idea to look at tanks with glass sides and not plastic, the kik protank and another tank I have here are both plastic, they weren't built for high temperature so I am wary about using them, don't want any funky glue offgassing or anything.

justcametomind

I leave temp unlocked and begin my session at 365, then 400, then 439.
Session 3 min.
Fast heating (1st option IIRC).
Best performance I had was with ungrinded bud.
The new bubbler and red color makes it really Voltron's official vape.
Flavor wise this ecapple is a bit inespressive, good thing is that thre's no robot farting in a mile distance. Clean. And I can be picky if I want, believe me. Little difficult to clean but worth every penny so far.
Would it cost a lot to add some internal clock Crafty like counting hours of vaping? That would be awesome.
And a silicone cover.

Last edited:
Top Bottom