E-Cigarette (not for THC use)

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
I did this same thing. I just realized this. I have to say it has not made any difference. mine have worked the same way. I need some more 50/50 plain juice to get to store them.

Link for that?

JDSupreme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Looking at a number of them.
That Darwin is insane.
truth is that Ecigar still works great and fogs the house down...
and the disposable Q is still taking a charge and hitting like a champ
(recharged every day for over a month.. still on 1st cartridge just refilling it)
and I use them all day every day... but I do not expect them to really last.
I held and got to test out a couple units, but I am finding the Regular Ego with the 650 battery to be the size and style I like best. I guess I have been stalling because these two things I am using here just won't die! :lol:
yes I'm on ecig forum, and will join a couple others I see on freedomsmoke site.

Vitolo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I was talking about the .357 atty. Regular attys can be blown from either direction and dont need to be stored wet (at least i think so)

Use what works for you until it doesn't then move on :D

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDS,
I was sent some by a ecf member. She gave me the link, but I will have to find it.

vitolo, the darwin is great. if you like dripping. If you want a juice fed (which I suspect you might) you should look at the reo woodvil's. They have a beautiful aesthetic and work really well. The guy who makes them is kind of like Rick in that he is a good guy who takes a ton of pride in his work and stand behind his products.

the ob,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The ProVari is a great unit! I had 2 of them before the Darwins came out. Honestly they do about the same thing but the ProVari you manually change the settings whereas the Darwin does the math for you and auto adjusts as the atomizer/cartomizer resistance changes with age/use.

The only downside I can think of is the newer ProVari's have a cutoff and you can't use 1.5ohm attys. You'll get an error code if you try to use them.

The plus side, you can change out the battery when it gets low instead of built in like the Darwin.

Still, it is a great device by a great company. I sold one of my ProVaris and gave my sister the other when my Darwin arrived. I really do love my Darwin though lol :D

Lo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Guys, I went ahead and visited FreedomSmoke again!
Yes JD I tried Thinn Mint and loved it, but not as much as CoffeeX!
I did a full blown interview with the owners, and had a blast.
I could not put the interview here though as it is sort of a retailer discussion, so, check out Uncle Vito Goes a Juicin'

Vitolo,

kewpcer

Okay, I'm about ready to get on board the ecig train, but I'm still not 100% clear on everything.

First off... what I need. I know I want a REO Mod, but i'm not sure whether I want a Mini or a wait for a Woodvil. I'll need an atomizer, and JD seems to love the 357, so that's a go. I'll need juice of course, but...

What else? Do I have to get my own battery? Any other items? I guess, I'm asking this...

Based on what I've stated above, what would be a good beginners kit to get me started?

kewpcer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
kewpcer said:
Okay, I'm about ready to get on board the ecig train, but I'm still not 100% clear on everything.

First off... what I need. I know I want a REO Mod, but i'm not sure whether I want a Mini or a wait for a Woodvil. I'll need an atomizer, and JD seems to love the 357, so that's a go. I'll need juice of course, but...

What else? Do I have to get my own battery? Any other items? I guess, I'm asking this...

Based on what I've stated above, what would be a good beginners kit to get me started?

I am currently waiting for a custom REO woodvil.

A couple of things to think about. Do you want a wood one or a metal one. The wood are prettier and the metals are more durable.

In the regular version there is the REO and the Mini. The main benefit of the regular is the battery life. It is much longer. The mini is obviously smaller.

One thing to consider is that he is also going to be making what most are calling the "midi" This will be somewhere (size wise) between the two current styles. If you want a wood, you should consider this size.

I would say skip the mini. If you want wood, I would consider getting a woodvil or waiting for the midi. One other thing to think about is the availability. These are not easy to get. I know he is putting some on the site this saturday and it will be a mad dash to get them. Another route is to email him and ask for a custom. This is what I did. I have a custom I am waiting on and then a midi that I am getting.

You will need batteries. How many depends on how much you vape and how often you want to change them out. You should go to EFC and get on the REO thread. They are very helpful.
The 357 is a great atty, but some are finding it a little difficult to use on the REO's. I still plan on doing that. Hope this helps.

the ob,

Vitolo

Vaporist
kewpcer said:
....what would be a good beginners kit to get me started?
Q-cig
This is 9.99- 12 with shipping. It fits with any 510 parts.
It is called disposable, but it is sold by some places as a starter kit for 30 dollars.
Vito has a morning vape with a Disposable sold elsewhere as a Starter Kit
I have an Ego now and an Ecigar, but I do not even use them yet, because this unit is great. It is called disposable, but I have been using it all day every for 10 weeks... and it still works great and makes tons of vapor.
I also use cartridges or drip directly (I found Delrin Drip Tips for 30 that I stick on there sometimes in place of the cartridge when I want "untainted" flavor) Some days I use it all day long just dripping, and others I put the cartridge back for an entire day of vaping without dripping.
I know all the guys here love their custom units, and there is a bunch of high dollar specialty cloud making stuff out there!
This unit is a great starter kit, and an ecig seller admitted to me that it is the same exact pieces as are in his 510 starter kits! :2c:

Vitolo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
kewpcer said:

Most places that sell ecig mods sell the corresponding batteries/chargers.

I would recommend against using a .357 as your first atty. Its really geared towards more adavanced users. Try some 306's to start. At $22 a pieces, the .357 is not something you want to use with no ecig experience and risk popping or whatever. $7-$8 for a 306 seems like a better idea to start until you figure it out more.

Make sure you match your atty resistance to whatever mod you are using. 3.7v devices with low resistance attys and higher or variable voltage mods with standard or high resistance attys. It all about watts yo :)

Bottom feeders can also be tricky. If I were you I would get a cheaper box mod like Jeff P linked a few pages back and just drip.

My friend who I recently introduced to ecigs has quit since day one, but has blown a 510 and 2 306's in the first 10 days. I told him once he gets his training wheels off the 306's then i'll toss him a used .357 to fuck around with.

Joye 306 + Tips

Cisco 306's

On another note, I thought at first I liked the Cisco 306's more than the Joye 306's but after some time I'll take the Joye's over them.

JDSupreme,

RumbleShorts

I pulled the trigger today and purchased the following set-up. Thanks, LO, JD Vitalo & JeffP (and of course OB - I deleted your name by accident) for the links and advise:

From http://www.foxyboxmods.com/
Variable Voltage Box Mod Complete Kit

Variable voltage Box Mod w/ LED (from 0 to 7 volts)
2 Ultrafire 14500 900 Mah Protected Batteries
14500 Battery Charger
1 Boge 3.0 Ohm Cartomizer
3ml KBV juice sample
$56.00 + $5.25 Priority Shipping
Options/Add-ons
2 extra 14500 batteries - $10
510 to 901 adaptor - $5

From http://www.smoketech.com

BD-Syringe-10ml Control Cartomizer/Attomizer Cleaning Kit - With 10ml Control Syringe, Luer-lock compatible w/cleaning tubes and instructions
$6.95 x 1
ST-Carto-dc15xl-clr Dual Coil Cartomizer - 1.5 ohm, 1.8ml Mega XL - Clear
$2.69 x 1
HK-E-Liquid - Cappuchino-15ml Cappuchino E-Liquid
Nic level: 26mg
Size: 15ml - $4.00
$7.49 x 1
ST-Carto-DC-1.5XXL-SS-tip Dual Coil Cartomizer - 1.5 ohm, 2.5ml, Mega XXL - Stainless w/tip
$3.00 x 1

And finally from http://www.Madvapes.com:
LBCC Lemon-Blueberry Cotton Candy
Select Size and Stength: 30 ml 24mg
$7.99 x 1
3151 MadVapes 510 Dual Coil Black Cartomizer
$2.00 x 2
3125 510 Dual Coil Stainless Mega Cartomizer
$2.49 x 2
10345 Black Dripper tip 510/901
$2.49 x 1
10039 510 DISPOSABLE E-CIG KIT with Blue LED
$9.99 x 1

I'm sure this sounds like a total noob question but what is the difference between an atomizer and a cartomizer? Hopefully, the directions are clear on the boxmod I'm a little fuzzy about how to actually "drip" the juice into the cartomizer.
I would appreciate it if you all with much more experience would take a look at the new supplies and let me know if there is anything else I need to get started.

Edit for links & to add OB :)

PS.... JD do you think it would be ok to charge the new batteries in the C9000?

RumbleShorts,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDS,
I got the new 2.5 357 and do not really like it. It is not strong enough and does not provide a lot of throat hit. I find the 1.5's to be stronger. I am not sure what is up with that. I turned my darwin way up and not great. Maybe it just needs to be broken in.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
RumbleShorts said:
I pulled the trigger today and purchased the following set-up. Thanks, LO, JD Vitalo & JeffP (and of course OB - I deleted your name by accident) for the links and advise:

From http://www.foxyboxmods.com/
Variable Voltage Box Mod Complete Kit

Variable voltage Box Mod w/ LED (from 0 to 7 volts)
2 Ultrafire 14500 900 Mah Protected Batteries
14500 Battery Charger
1 Boge 3.0 Ohm Cartomizer
3ml KBV juice sample
$56.00 + $5.25 Priority Shipping
Options/Add-ons
2 extra 14500 batteries - $10
510 to 901 adaptor - $5

From http://www.smoketech.com

BD-Syringe-10ml Control Cartomizer/Attomizer Cleaning Kit - With 10ml Control Syringe, Luer-lock compatible w/cleaning tubes and instructions
$6.95 x 1
ST-Carto-dc15xl-clr Dual Coil Cartomizer - 1.5 ohm, 1.8ml Mega XL - Clear
$2.69 x 1
HK-E-Liquid - Cappuchino-15ml Cappuchino E-Liquid
Nic level: 26mg
Size: 15ml - $4.00
$7.49 x 1
ST-Carto-DC-1.5XXL-SS-tip Dual Coil Cartomizer - 1.5 ohm, 2.5ml, Mega XXL - Stainless w/tip
$3.00 x 1

And finally from http://www.Madvapes.com:
LBCC Lemon-Blueberry Cotton Candy
Select Size and Stength: 30 ml 24mg
$7.99 x 1
3151 MadVapes 510 Dual Coil Black Cartomizer
$2.00 x 2
3125 510 Dual Coil Stainless Mega Cartomizer
$2.49 x 2
10345 Black Dripper tip 510/901
$2.49 x 1
10039 510 DISPOSABLE E-CIG KIT with Blue LED
$9.99 x 1

I'm sure this sounds like a total noob question but what is the difference between an atomizer and a cartomizer? Hopefully, the directions are clear on the boxmod I'm a little fuzzy about how to actually "drip" the juice into the cartomizer.
I would appreciate it if you all with much more experience would take a look at the new supplies and let me know if there is anything else I need to get started.

Edit for links & to add OB :)

PS.... JD do you think it would be ok to charge the new batteries in the C9000?

Cartomizer is a atty coil (or 2) built inside a cartridge that can be filled. Atty's were originally made to wick juice out of a cartridge. Most people drip on an atty but some tips can be filled with juice. IMO its more trouble that what its worth. Cartomizers are filled, not dripped on like an atty. (There may be dripping carto's...someone else can chime in on that) Most cartomizers are filled with a syringe these days. I haven't used a cartomizer in forever. My old 808's you had to drip to fill and I know the 510 carto's I had were syringe filled.

The C9000 is for AA's only (im not sure the exact size of a 14500) I've only ever used 16340's, 18650's, and RCR 123A's. You may need to add the 14500 charger...

The VV box mod needs to be set based on whatever ohm carto or atty you are using. Do you have a voltage meter?

Maybe get some regular attys in case you dont like the cartomizers?

the ob said:
JDS,
I got the new 2.5 357 and do not really like it. It is not strong enough and does not provide a lot of throat hit. I find the 1.5's to be stronger. I am not sure what is up with that. I turned my darwin way up and not great. Maybe it just needs to be broken in.

Mine def took like 6-8 hours before it started ripping. Other that a bit of leaking at first (could be me) I fucking love the 2.5. I think im running it about 4.6-4.7v I'll have to hook up the meter today to tell ya fo sho.

Side note: sold the Ali'i on the ecf classifieds last night in about 4 hours. Might be buying a Darwin soon, or a new expensive fishing reel :) not sure yet...

JDSupreme,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The ecig batteries are Lithium based while the LB batteries are NIMH - You should NOT charge Lithium ecig batts in the NIMH charger.

Cartomizers hold juice...some more than others. Atomizers mostly used by drippers these days with a drip tip, drip as you go. Cartridges for atomizers are sorta outdated lol...can be used but don't usually wick well enough to keep up with LR stuff. An atomizer with a drip tip will provide the cleanest or truest flavor while cartomizers are more convenient for driving, etc...you sacrifice a bit of flavor IMHO.

There are oodles of types of cartomizers... some can be filled by removing the cap and dripping while others have teeny holes that are filled via syringe. Generally the CE2 types I tried came with a syringe tip to attach to a syringe for filling. Some folks put a drip tip on rather than replace the cap after filling. Personal preference.

You went all out Rumble! I have seen a ton of new folks and helped many get into ecigs... I think you made the largest initial assortment purchase I've ever seen. I like your style... you should be able to figure out what you like/dislike with the variety you chose.

Anything you don't understand...how to fill a specific cartomizer, etc - Do a youtube search. Oodles of videos out there and some are quite helpful too.

@Ob... Yeah a 2.5ohm atty is WEAKER than the 1.5ohm. Sounds funny but that is how it is in ecigs. The lower the resistance the more it simulates higher voltages. A 2.5ohm atty is in standard resistance range and at 3.7 volts would seem puny to me after being spoiled by LR.. of course that is what would come in standard ecig kits like egos these days. To me they're useless unless you can dial up the voltage. Some people would rather use a higher ohm atomizer and then crank up the voltage as opposed to LR stuff. Personal preference I think. I've tried them all and I prefer the LR stuff.

I got the original run 357's that had the sealed connector. I was over the moon with them not just based on performance but due to the fact they didn't lead one drop. Of course bottom feeder folks couldn't use them so now there are open connectors... which like every other atty will leak here & there. I really like the sealed connector version as I do not like juice feeders. I'd consider myself a professional dripper now lol and I use 3 drops at a time with leaks being rare but an annoyance. I begged Cisco to consider having more sealed connectors available in the future though..my OCD would approve.

Lo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
lo,
I thought I read that he is going to release more of the closed version. Maybe I made it up, but I swear I read that. You are waiting for the 2.0's I thought.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I now have 5 .357's .... 3 1.5's and 2 2.5's

Im really trying to not get a 2.0 until I really need it lol

Everyday soaking is key for the thinn mint. working much better overall now

JDSupreme,
Just thought I'd share that we have been vaping glycerin hash tincture in e-cigs with great success, since the early 2000's when the very first test models were being released in 'australasia'. :)

The 'primer' fluid by the way, if buying from a reputable vendor/manufacturer, is simply a pg/vg O-nic liquid. It tastes off-putting on its own and there may be processing material residue, this can easily be washed out with hot water, only as hot as you feel comfortable touching, and can then be (first air dried) reattached, to be quickly activated and blown out.
Prior to using a freshly cleaned atomizer with your favorite e-liquid, you should either drip (preferably), or fill your cart and allow it to sit and soak/wick for 20 minutes.

4_100_1566.jpg

5_100_1600.jpg

6_100_1599.jpg

2_100_1629.jpg

7_Untitled-4.jpg

3_Untitled-8.jpg

When using a bag, the little remaining tincture that collects and condenses inside after a session, is just as tasty and effective after the vape as it was before. :)

9_100_0780.jpg

Sorry for making my first post, a long one.. not even sure if you folks will be able to see the photos :p

BadKittySmiles,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Awesome badkitty and welcome....

RumbleShorts - very cool; I love the 5v box from Steve (foxyboxmods) - they're very well made and inexpensive.
I wonder if higher priced mods provide any real enhancements in the vaping itself or are the designs and enhancements more about aesthetics?
I'm not out to make a fashion statement I just want to enjoy so I'm happy with the boxmod and I'll probably get another as backup.

I have some high voltage cartomizers and I have some low resistance cartomizers just like you have and even though we're supposed to use the high voltage cartos I prefer the low resistance.
Low resistance atomizers will not work with the 5v box mod at all yet for some reason low resistance cartomizers fire up wonderfully.

I use a drip tip which is nice - it's a significant upgrade from putting your lips on a heated carto.

I didn't like cartomizers at all until I got the 5v - now I prefer the flavor and fullness that i get from low resistance cartomizers more than I do attys (only with the box mod; otherwise I like Cisco LR 306's and 510's)

September 11th will be 11 months off of tobacco - I wasn't even aware of my quit date until my daughter reminded me. She took note of the date - that's pretty awesome.

I'm using madevapes ultra mint at 24 mg nic level which is sublime.

Remember if you use the condom filling method (watch youtube videos) it's good to let the carto sit for awhile to let the juice seep into the wick before you start vaping from it....
Then after, just add a few drops from the mouthpiece end when it tastes dry and aim for the inner rim rather than the center. It's pretty much that simple.

jeffp,
Top Bottom