E-Cigarette (not for THC use)

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
So I busted out the 2nd .357 today. Seemed to have been broken in after about 10 hits and its hitting like a freight train. Better than the first one, from what I can remember. We'll see how it holds up over the next week.

Lo, you think it might be a good idea to do an overnight iso soak EVERY night because of the dark thinn mint?

and im pretty sure the thinn mint has a little bit of water in it too. every now and then I get a light splash

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
The thinn mint definitely pops (water) differently than other liquids. I also find that some liquids hit better than others.

I personally think I might just start soaking every night just to be safe. I am guessing it cannot hurt.

it is funny. I have not changed attys since I got these. If I did maybe I would realize that the 357's were far superior to the others. Might give it a try just to remember what the others were like.....

the ob,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I was told that color has a little to do with how well it hits, with darker colors producing a bit less vapor vs a lighter juice with the same mix content. Not sure how true this is, but it does sound it could be plausible.

lesvape,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Vitolo said:
BINGO!
I just learned that the Flavour Art/Freedom Smoke guys from http://www.freedomsmokeusa.com/ are based right here 15 minutes from my house! :brow:

Ahhh yes! I forget they are in Arizona for how fast their juice gets to my house!

I ordered 120ml of Thinn Mint yesterday but checked their ECF section first for specials....25% off back to school special!! 120ml for $35 shipped is a hell of a deal!!

Anytime I think about the $$ I spend on ecig related shit I just look at the local price of a carton and LOL

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I realized that the effectiveness of the 357 is related to the juices I am using. I am using some vape a licious right now and the clouds are HUGE.

JDS, the way you go through that stuff, you should probably buy more :)

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:

Haha ya I vape around 2ml/day so that's a 2 month supply. Really wish I could find something with the same flavor but different juice...

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
the ob said:

Haha ya I vape around 2ml/day so that's a 2 month supply. Really wish I could find something with the same flavor but different juice...

I just ordered the girl scout cookie from vape a licios that I hope I like as well. their liquids seem to perform better than that one.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
JDSupreme said:
the ob said:

I just ordered the girl scout cookie from vape a licios that I hope I like as well. their liquids seem to perform better than that one.

I just ordered 20ml of that hope its good if not im blaming you :lol:

JDSupreme,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I recently bought a 5v box mod which runs on two 14500 batteries and it's phenomenal. Using it with a 510 3.2 ohm atty at present but I also have a few 306 2.5 ohm attys which I haven't tried yet.
Cost for the box was about $32. Got it from this guy Steve from myboxmods. Nice guy, very friendly and helpful with suggestions.
Also using juice from voidmist which is probably the best I've experienced - tobacco like but with a slightly sweet creamy quality.
Egos are a great starting point but once you get caught up in the evolution of this you want to keep going further and it doesn't have to be expensive.
I just realized today - the 10th - is 10 months off of cigarettes...without even trying.

jeffp,

Vitolo

Vaporist
JDSupreme said:
Ahhh yes! I forget they are in Arizona for how fast their juice gets to my house!
The 25% and other discounts are not available in the store.. only online....
BUT--->
I am going to be doing some shopping there.
They allow you to try any flavor you wish.. and there are many.
They also told me about a "device" that they were clear is not an e-cig that is supposed to be fantastic, so I will get a demo of that unit as well. Going to take my wife ... "Vapin' Patty" (don't tell her I called her that), as she is interested in the "Vapor Trail".
I wish I had a camera to send you guys some shots of the place!

Vitolo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
the ob said:
JDSupreme said:

I just ordered 20ml of that hope its good if not im blaming you :lol:

I hope I like it too. I will tell you there flavors are POWERFUL and provide a lot of clouds. they are no joke. also they are super nice and ship lighting quick.

blame away. I still owe you for the Ali'i purchase. ;) oh yeah, you are the one that got me ordering the thinn mint too...........

the ob,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Vitolo said:
JDSupreme said:
The 25% and other discounts are not available in the store.. only online....
BUT--->
I am going to be doing some shopping there.
They allow you to try any flavor you wish.. and there are many.
They also told me about a "device" that they were clear is not an e-cig that is supposed to be fantastic, so I will get a demo of that unit as well. Going to take my wife ... "Vapin' Patty" (don't tell her I called her that), as she is interested in the "Vapor Trail".
I wish I had a camera to send you guys some shots of the place!

that sounds cool! let us know how it goes.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
I hope I like it too. I will tell you there flavors are POWERFUL and provide a lot of clouds. they are no joke. also they are super nice and ship lighting quick.

blame away. I still owe you for the Ali'i purchase. ;) oh yeah, you are the one that got me ordering the thinn mint too...........

They shipped it like 3 hours after I ordered!! Can't wait to try it!

Damn I didn't realize I was so influential :p I am using the thinn mint on a standard 2.0 306 (2 weeks old, all thinn mint, and it still has GREAT hit/flavor) now and I get no splash at all. Its just with the bridge-less .357. At least our Ali'i's will sell quick :/

And for the record my 2nd .357 worked great for a few hours, then dropped off. Soaking after less than 2 days...

I am going to have to order another .357 and try the new juice tho. I ordered 2 cisco spec 2.0 306's yesterday from Avid

JDSupreme,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:( Damn JD! I can't believe your 357's aren't holding up. That is crazy! My 2 are working wonderful. I have been soaking them every 4 or 5 days I think and swapping between the two. I'm trying to rotate these two attys and see how long I can keep them ticking. I'd like to gauge the lifespan.

I was asking Cisco about the new bridgeless attys. Specifically asked him why the Aero LR510 he sent me seemed to work so darn well, closer to the 357 than any atty I've tried. He said the bridge actually causes turbulence which is why the bridgeless seemed to make such clouds. Bridgeless = less turbulance, go figure.

If your favorite juice doesn't get along well with the 357 I'd probably just not use them. An expensive atty and if it doesn't do the long life you'd expect... well I'd be hard pressed to buy. They work freaking awesome with mine.

Also had a thought about the juice splashing/popping. I wonder if it is not just water in juice but possibly the mint oil used for the thin mints. I'm damn curious if it is water or oil or mixture of both.

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Lo said:
:( Damn JD! I can't believe your 357's aren't holding up. That is crazy! My 2 are working wonderful. I have been soaking them every 4 or 5 days I think and swapping between the two. I'm trying to rotate these two attys and see how long I can keep them ticking. I'd like to gauge the lifespan.

I was asking Cisco about the new bridgeless attys. Specifically asked him why the Aero LR510 he sent me seemed to work so darn well, closer to the 357 than any atty I've tried. He said the bridge actually causes turbulence which is why the bridgeless seemed to make such clouds. Bridgeless = less turbulance, go figure.

If your favorite juice doesn't get along well with the 357 I'd probably just not use them. An expensive atty and if it doesn't do the long life you'd expect... well I'd be hard pressed to buy. They work freaking awesome with mine.

Also had a thought about the juice splashing/popping. I wonder if it is not just water in juice but possibly the mint oil used for the thin mints. I'm damn curious if it is water or oil or mixture of both.

For now, I'm definitely blaming the juice. New juice from Vape a Licious should be here by the weekend, still minty chocolate (girl scout cookie) but we'll see. I definitely think the bridge in my 306, as well as the slightly longer style drip tip, is acting as a splash guard.

I never really had a problem with the 2.0 306's, although the ones I have are from Litecigusa.net and are the Joye 306's. Can't wait to try the Cisco ones from Avid.

Vito, I figured I should start linking everything I talk about, so you have more shit to try lol

JDSupreme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
JDSupreme said:
Vito, I figured I should start linking everything I talk about, so you have more shit to try lol
Don't think that I haven't noticed, JD. And I appreciate it.
I think other new readers will enjoy the thoroughness too.
I was planning my trip to the freedomsmoke place today, but it may get bumped a day.. depending on schedule.
I am checking the links!

Vitolo,

RumbleShorts

Vitolo said:
JDSupreme said:
Don't think that I haven't noticed, JD. And I appreciate it.
I think other new readers will enjoy the thoroughness too.

I also appreciate the links JD, I've been saving them up for the next "research" project. Hopefully can pull them together and get a sweet working set-up when I take the e-cig plunge.

Last year I tried the "BLU" package but it wasn't as satisfying as analog, I'm hoping the new models will provide a satisfying alternative.

RumbleShorts,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
the ob said:

They shipped it like 3 hours after I ordered!! Can't wait to try it!

Damn I didn't realize I was so influential :p I am using the thinn mint on a standard 2.0 306 (2 weeks old, all thinn mint, and it still has GREAT hit/flavor) now and I get no splash at all. Its just with the bridge-less .357. At least our Ali'i's will sell quick :/

And for the record my 2nd .357 worked great for a few hours, then dropped off. Soaking after less than 2 days...

I am going to have to order another .357 and try the new juice tho. I ordered 2 cisco spec 2.0 306's yesterday from Avid

yeah, candy is SUPER quick. They make them fresh and ship them out asap. As I said the juices have massive flavor. I am still trying to find my perfect juices and vendors. I love BB but they seem to upset my stomach. I am staking them today for the Malty flavor as that is one of only two with 70vg 30pg while the rest have the opposite which I think might be messing with me.

I also just ordered from a couple of other vendors. Most seem to be slow shippers which I do not have the patience for.

As I said yesterday, whatever limits the .357's have, they seem to still be far superior to the others I have been using. I am soaking after every flavor to get rid of that flavor.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
RumbleShorts said:
I also appreciate the links JD, I've been saving them up for the next "research" project. Hopefully can pull them together and get a sweet working set-up when I take the e-cig plunge.

Last year I tried the "BLU" package but it wasn't as satisfying as analog, I'm hoping the new models will provide a satisfying alternative.

No problemo!

The Blu was my first ecig ever. Worked enough to get me to pretty much quit. I bought a original 510 kit a week or so later and officially put the analogs down. I actually still the Blu auto batts. I hooked a LR306 on it a few weeks ago and it still worked. I HATE auto batts tho :p

Get something that's variable voltage is ideal IMO, then your atty possibilities are endless

JDSupreme,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Got my Vape a Licious Girl Scout Cookie juice today. BLAH. Im gonna let it sit and see if the mint comes out more but its just another chocolate heavy juice. Oh well. Got the 2.0 Cisco 306's in and the are wonderful!!

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
Got my Vape a Licious Girl Scout Cookie juice today. BLAH. Im gonna let it sit and see if the mint comes out more but its just another chocolate heavy juice. Oh well. Got the 2.0 Cisco 306's in and the are wonderful!!

yeah, I feel the same way. it is interesting as a couple of their other flavors were super powerful. The two I just received from them are not.

Still looking for my perfect all day. I still prefer the hh.357's to any of the others.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
yeah, I feel the same way. it is interesting as a couple of their other flavors were super powerful. The two I just received from them are not.

Still looking for my perfect all day. I still prefer the hh.357's to any of the others.

Hopefully this Manic Mint Choc is good. Should be here Monday. Reports to follow. I'm just going to keep trying samplers until the higher ohm .357's are available. I ordered another .357 Friday. I'm going to save it until I get some better juice. The ones I have now work but are only good for a few hours. Then its back to soaking. Maybe 3-4 hours.

These 2ohm Cisco 306's are awesome tho in the meantime. Much better than the Joye ones IMO

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
the ob said:

Hopefully this Manic Mint Choc is good. Should be here Monday. Reports to follow. I'm just going to keep trying samplers until the higher ohm .357's are available. I ordered another .357 Friday. I'm going to save it until I get some better juice. The ones I have now work but are only good for a few hours. Then its back to soaking. Maybe 3-4 hours.

These 2ohm Cisco 306's are awesome tho in the meantime. Much better than the Joye ones IMO

that is weird. you might try what I am doing. I soak after every flavor. I am doing it to get rid of the flavor but it might work for you. what device are you using? I am using a darwin currently and I have to say, I have to set it to the lowest setting. Higher settings seem too harsh.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
that is weird. you might try what I am doing. I soak after every flavor. I am doing it to get rid of the flavor but it might work for you. what device are you using? I am using a darwin currently and I have to say, I have to set it to the lowest setting. Higher settings seem too harsh.

Buzz Pro on the lowest setting possible. I feel I could go lower if I had the option....viva new resistance!

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom