WarpaintFree

Your heating is broken: you should fix it. If you're combusting that much, you're either paying no attention to the click(s), you're using to high/hot a flame, and/or you're holding your tip too close to the heat.

There is nothing wrong with my heating. I use the same single or triple flame torches, set at a fairly low flame size, as I do with my M. I stop heating at the click, just like with my M. I heat in the centre of the cap, just like with my M. The only difference is the CCD being set to a smaller chamber size.

I'm going to try each of the other 2 caps I have on hand; maybe the cap that shipped with my Omni is defective.

Everything about this sounds wrong: NONE of this has been true of my Omni; I've been revolving my Omni & M for months, and never had ANY effect on the condenser/mouthpiece joint. Nothing like it, not even once;

When you turn the mouthpiece of your Omni counter-clockwise, as to reduce the airflow from the inlet hole, does your MP move away from the body? Mine does; the 2 o-rings holding the MP in place within the body do not have much grip. The single o-ring holding the condenser in place has better grip. Just the friction of the MP turning in my palm will cause this to happen.

Lasts for LESS TIME? Is your 'Cap making your pot less effective?!? Please explain!
this says something about you, but nothing about the Omni. If you want a certain level and it takes two bowls for you, then it does. What you're using is not much of a factor, the same trade-off would be in play if you were still smoking some old shesham-wood pipe

Obviously the device isn't changing the efficacy of the material... obviously. The combination of smaller load size and quite clearly a higher temperature inside the tip seems to cause the effects to come on much faster (seconds vs. minutes) and more intensely, while the effects seem to last about half as long before subsiding.

your Omni doesn't sound temperamental at all: WE adapt to the equipment: it doesn't - CAN'T - adapt to us. Seems like that's an issue for you, so perhaps you should sell yours quietly and be done.

No thanks, I'll continue to discuss this with the community of users. Perhaps you should quietly ignore my future posts.

ETA: I somehow broke the multi-quote language, so had to do the quotes manually. Sry.

toked23

So I've been using it and have had no issues until last night. Heated up a load until the click as usual with my M, didn't hear a second click which I normally do. Didn't think much and let it cool for a little hit and then tried to heat up again and no click. Not sure what's going on, I haven't changed anything and don't want to hold the torch to it much longer as it looked like it's starting to turn red or molting orange which I'm sure can't be good. I haven't changed anything else and got zero vapor and the load is still fairly green, any ideas?

toked23,

Dimebag82

I have the new Omnivap, and was using a TiWoody S and Nonavong before I got it. I'm so used to the ease of the spinning mouthpiece, so I actually use the condenser from my nonavong in my Omnivap, and put the omni condenser in my nonavong. I find the condenser is really loose in the titanium body, but it's super tight in the nonavong, which is how it should be with the titanium body. I think the only advantage of using an omni condenser is through a water piece, I thought I'd like it more using it dry, but it's more rewarding and fun just using the carb. If I could go back, I would just order a titanium body and skip the whole Omnivap, it seemed better in theory than it actually is

Smokey McVape

When you turn the mouthpiece of your Omni counter-clockwise, as to reduce the airflow from the inlet hole, does your MP move away from the body? Mine does; the 2 o-rings holding the MP in place within the body do not have much grip. The single o-ring holding the condenser in place has better grip. Just the friction of the MP turning in my palm will cause this to happen.
@WarpaintFree - I had this problem until I removed the condenser and lubricated the o-rings with some Dynawax. The single o-ring is causing this problem as it is dry and not moving up and down inside the stem as it should be. Sorted the problem completely for me.

alterego420

So if I go nanovong xl.....it's got a Ti tip which is a big upgrade from the M, correct?
Someone level with me, what's to expect? Besides water compatibility what is my bang for my buck there for 105 bucks?
I want it....

It's not an "upgrade" to an M but it is a change. I prefer the feel of the wood both in the hands and on the lips plus the extra length and width give it more 'presence'. Like holding a cigar compared to holding a cigarette, sort of thing.

Apart from that, the Ti tip heats and cools quicker, has the variable bowl size option and is nearly a few grams lighter.

I do prefer my Vong to my M but that's down to the whole feel of it rather than any difference in performance. So it stays at home. My M is now a trusty travel companion :)

In short. Buy the frickin' Vong, you know you want to and you will love it

Dynalowrider

The Omni has right hand threads. "Righty Tighty." Shorter condenser. Lefty, loosey. Left =longer. Smokey McVape is right lube the o-rings, (spit will do, or use sebum, (nose oil). You might need to clean it. Check the o-rings on the mouthpiece. They may be stretched. Doc

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
There is nothing wrong with my heating.

Obviously the device isn't changing the efficacy of the material... obviously. The combination of smaller load size and quite clearly a higher temperature inside the tip seems to cause the effects to come on much faster (seconds vs. minutes) and more intensely, while the effects seem to last about half as long before subsiding.

No thanks, I'll continue to discuss this with the community of users. Perhaps you should quietly ignore my future posts.
I'll leave you and the community of users to it, then.

Have fun

MonkeyTime

The gold torch has been awesome these last few months, but this Gunmetal gray torch has stepped up my game. :luv:
Bought the chrome one too and passed that on to a friend I bought an M for.

V4z0C7i.jpg
Bought the same one after someone posted it, was that you? Many thanks if so, love it! Just wish the tank was a little bigger, about to order 3 more, two is enough for out and about :D

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OMG, Ed, That is just stunning. Beautiful. Art.

Added to combine double post...

I came down to the fact that I don't have to be able to carry EVERYTHING in its own snuggy:; I can just have my kit, and end of story.

Which is how I ended up getting a 'Stash: my Omni I'll leave @ home ('cause I can be an idiot), my M will go with me. Really, I only need one one, most times.
I have 2 kinds of out and about where I carry and use a VC. Hiking/walking, car trip, at a friends is one where I am mostly comfortable with carrying accoutrement that has more value and I would hate losing.
Public parks, concerts, food fairs and other close quarters events not so much in an illegal state. Twice I have separated myself from my M and a stash container in these type of surroundings when I felt at risk or was threatened (by LE). Fortunately in both cases I was able to recover my toys later, but I wouldn't have been brokenhearted if I couldn't. In the first scenario I would like to and would carry my favorite VCs and stashes. In the second scenario I tend to carry my M in a plastic tube and something more throwaway as a stash.

Just the way I roll.

Last edited:

VisiblyVaped

Can anyone answer my mouthpiece question so I can stop puzzling and just tell tales of stony goodness?

VisiblyVaped,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think folks are probably not clear on what your question is. What mouthpiece? Are you asking whether it is worth getting the silicon MP with an M or Omni? If you want to use it with a water piece that mp certainly makes it easier. Otherwise I don't know what you are asking...

If you are asking about a Nona and whether to get a stem or a body and mouthpiece, I prefer the former as some glass may not handle the extra length of the mp after the 14mm mate with your joint.

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Ed's TnT - Ed the vape pictured is absolutley beautiful. Do you make a log vape that would work in the UK?

Thanks so much Smokey, it does work there I know that, have a guy in the UK that won the priceless Bog Oak giveaway I did here for my 10th year in business thing. Thing is I dont offer them to anyone in the EU just yet as I have to get my CE Certification before doing so. I have the electronic components coming from my dealer that have their CE cert, and have to order a new batch of heaters that I can only get the CE for them at time of order not after the fact. Once I do that I will apply for the CE and hopefully get it and be able to start offering them then. Pls hang in there with me, I want to make this happen its just nothing happens as quickly as I would like.

I have these 3 finished if anyone is interested before they go up on my site, pls let me know the one on the right is for sure a one of a kind not to be done like this again.

1pldvwM.jpg

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Bought the same one after someone posted it, was that you? Many thanks if so, love it! Just wish the tank was a little bigger, about to order 3 more, two is enough for out and about :D
:cheers:
It's my favorite. I love not having to hold the gas button down while heating the cap
I'm clueless whether there's a flint under the roller wheel, or a battery for the on off switch, it just works. Had goldy for about four months now, done nothing but add butane.

Can anyone answer my mouthpiece question so I can stop puzzling and just tell tales of stony goodness?
Wood mouthpiece on a nanovong adds some comfort cause the nanovong end is a little big, as @WakeAndVape said is like a big blunt hanging from your mouth without the mouth piece.

Edit to add: @Ed's TnT Those pieces are amazing. I have some of your work in Dynavap, Arizer and Epicvape form and I treasure them all. Without a doubt a WS will be headed my way in the not too distance future.Love the way your system works with the Dynavap Ti tips, great collaboration. :bowdown:

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
It's the Wizard himself, of course ( you can tell by the OG ).

Here I am in my life as a dawg, with my minimalist VapCap:

llGiFfG.jpg[IMG]

Evan Williams Black. The best budget bourbon on the market IMO. At 86 proof it is stronger, better tasting (IMO), and cheaper than Jack D. But i buy it by the half gallon... Not the airplane bottles!

Enjoying some omni vong in my 18mm walnut at the moment. Great vape if you want to hit some h2o puffs but don't want to wait or pull out a whole bunch of vape accessories. Water tool, torch, and VC 18mm vong and i am sailing away. Cheers all.

VanCough

Environmentalist
ubRKy0r.jpg
mUALvWF.jpg
0m2Ue7T.jpg

Hi all,

Update on the temperature probe experiment.

The probe fit perfectly down the condenser tube and into the tip, I secured it in place in the middle of the chamber by taping the probe to the mp of my m ensuring the tip of the probe wouldn't move inside the tip of the m.

Unfortunately my lighter ran out of gas after the third heating and I'm waiting for some newport gas to arrive in the next couple of days.

The temperatures for the first three heatings were as follows:

132 degrees Celsius (the temperature was likely higher but there is a lag time for initial heating from base temperature up to higher temperatures)
166 degrees Celsius
185 degrees Celsius

I will perform more readings when my gas arrives but preliminary results suggest 4 heatings may be the correct number if you want to achieve higher temperature vaping. >200 degrees Celsius.

I also have an order placed for a Ti Woody XLS so I'll measure that when it arrives (but it will probably be weeks as it's a custom order that I placed during the m4af sale!)

Last edited:

Edgedamage

Well the days of ripping off pieces of bud are over. I tried using a grinder and the difference in vapour production was amazing. For once the first hit was all vapour, and the second hit more vapour. Is it true when the condenser gets nice and gummy, you simmer it in milk to get evil milk?

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
@VanCough
:2c: at least fill the chamber with some mint - otherwise u are only measuring the bubble of insulated air with that method (air is a pretty good insulator).
And it will still lack the heated airflow through the cap what should be the real max temp...
Maybe feed a wire sensor through the carb and plug it, so it's measurable with airflow (leave the condenser out if it doesn't fit)

Last edited:

VanCough

Environmentalist
@VanCough
:2c: at least fill the chamber with some mint - otherwise u are only measuring the insulated air bubble with that method.
But it will still lack the heated airflow through the cap what should be the real max temp...
Maybe feed a wire sensor through the carb and plug it, so it's measurable with airflow (leave the condenser out if it doesn't fit)

Mint is a good idea, I debated putting herb in but I couldn't bare to sacrifice it :lol:

The method you describe definitely would provide different results I'm sure! I wonder if it would be hotter or cooler due to the introduction of fresh air cooling the tip?

Anyway, I just had a probe thermometer lying around and figured I'd do a rough test to see what temperature the m vapes at because no one seems to have tested it properly. I'd be interested for someone to test all of the dynavap range more thoroughly, maybe even using the method you suggest.

Top Bottom