SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Not only. The double crown deliver much more stabiltiy to the end parts of the wood. It's preventing chunkings of the Wood.
Does mostly translate to only in German? :p
I'm sure it protects the wood where the tip is from high heat and chunking from repeated insertion of tip. But if your not going to have Spinning MP on the mouth end, the wood feels better than the crown does to the lips. That second crown looks cool, but not a necessity.
Love your vc pic page btw. :tup:

And @Wolf46 at no time do you light a vapcap while it is in your mouth.

virtualpurple

guys another question, the spinning tip is useful only if i want to light the vaporizer directly in my mouth am i right? because if i light the woody (for example) in my hand, i can easily rotate with my finger without the spinning tip (at least i think it's a easy task with the smooth texture of this vaporizer).

sooooo, there is another use for the spinning tip? i don't know, maybe the metallic crown is hotter in the lips then the wood tip or it's the same thing??

also is the lenght of the device the same with or without the wood tip? (in the case of the ti woody)

thanks.

You are right that you can easily rotate the stem in your hands. Some people have a little difficulty there so the spinning mouthpiece could be helpful. I have a model with the spinning mouthpiece but would not try to spin it while in my mouth and using the lighter, it would make things more complicated for me!

I do like the feel of the mouthpiece but do not at all find it necessary, for me it is again a matter of preference.

The length of the stem can be determined by the use of its terminology. If it refers to the midsection as a body it will be only 45mm in length. If it refers to the midsection as a stem it will be 64mm in length.

As others have stated, the vong is very nice if you want to use your vapcap through a bubbler. I actually like my xl nonavong quite a bit. It feels like I'm holding a cigar when I use it and is very comfortable. However, I really enjoy the thinner stems as well.

If you only want performance and are not terribly concerned with looks I would probably just focus on maximizing performance while minimizing price. The M is very nice for 50 US dollars and is stainless steel all the way around, so you won't have to worry about it getting damaged from a fall or from weather. However, the stainless steel tips behave quite differently than the titanium tips, as I mentioned before.

What is more important to you? Almost indestructible (the M wins here) or fast heat ups and cool downs and adjustable herb chamber (any titanium tip model is what you want).

Personally for myself I like the wood models, they look very sleek to me and I find them classy. However, I have swapped my steel tip in my M for a titanium tip, and I feel like I've got the best of both worlds!

You can buy a fat mouthpiece from vaposhop for only a few dollars, which will let you pair any vapcap to a 14mm connection for bubblers or bongs.

I am excited for you, I think you will love your purchase!

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
i already have 3 of those:D

there is a way to use the vapcap with solid\resin hash from amsterdam? maybe with cotton or another natural filter between the tip and the vaporpath??

DirtyD

there is a way to use the vapcap with solid\resin hash from amsterdam? maybe with cotton or another natural filter between the tip and the vaporpath??
Yes. Throw a small piece in( after heating it just like smoking) heat a little past the click, massive clouds and buzz. Imo I dare say vapcap works even better for any type of concentrate than herbs even... Just got to use vape cotton or a SS liquid pad i f your hash is runny/goopy. Solid, old school Hash I just heat a bit,tear off a chunk, put it in and boom. Easy!:tup::nod: Cheers and welcome! D.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags

You can use it straight but if it is very soft it will melt quite a lot and make for a very dirty Vapcap. You can use a bed of ground weed or the hemp fiber Dynavap sells as well as some cotton. If you have to deal with stuff that liquefy my favorite way is to use some metal concentrates pad from some other vape (I use one from a friend's Mighty) cut to size as @duff said.

mucsusn

60 going on 20

@Wolf46 - look up FC member @Squiby - her signature includes links to much of what you are asking here. It is a wealth of information........she is one of this forum's treasures!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
for me, IMO, last paragraph is still not universal, as "moving the flame to center of cap to avoid comb"---- is off for those that normally heat only at tip, to minimize overheat problems. For those folks, moving heat to center of cap increases chance of combustion. Could you phrase it to include something like:
When re-heating after a cool-down click, you may want to try a "cooler vaping temp" area to avoid combustion.

OR just focus on difference----the M SS tip takes longer to warm up (and click) than the Ti tip. The M tip holds it heat better so it then takes longer to cool down to the the cool click/ the Ti tip will give a quicker cool down click.

BYnZE6t.jpg

Version without the M advice below:

flfHvyC.jpg

I love pretty much the whole thing... but I fundamentally disagree with the idea that heating lower on the tip hurts the flavor at all.

Thanks fella, I'm not really saying the flavour suffers from heating at the lower end. Just that you'll get more flavour during more hits with a lower temp. This is the case with any vape, the higher the temp the quicker you'll strip the terps.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
BYnZE6t.jpg

Version without the M advice below:

flfHvyC.jpg

Thanks fella, I'm not really saying the flavour suffers from heating at the lower end. Just that you'll get more flavour during more hits with a lower temp. This is the case with any vape, the higher the temp the quicker you'll strip the terps.

And see? here I am agreeing: my concern was that a newbie might read that & get anxious about it doing it wrong or something, or expecting a more dire result.. Your work on this is quite fine - you deserve big thanks and appreciation for what you've done w/ it!

kamut

A couple questions on the vong:

1. Earlier in this thread there was speculation that, with the vongs that have mouthpieces, the vong might not go all the way into the 14mm female joint on your water piece because the mouthpiece protrudes too far down. I'm picturing this happening with a piece where I have put a 14mm female adaptor on there, so the joint is kinda shallow. Does anybody know if this is an actual problem?

2. If the mouthpiece can be a problem, is it okay to just smoke straight off the regular nonavong that comes without a mouthpiece? Does the mouthpiece do anything for your mouth or does it just aid your spinning? I think I can spin the piece over a flame without a spinning mouthpiece, so I'm just wondering if I want a mouthpiece.

I don't know how much I would actually use it with a water piece, but I would like to have that capability built in if it's not a problem. That's why I'm leaning toward the vong.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
And see? here I am agreeing: my concern was that a newbie might read that & get anxious about it doing it wrong or something, or expecting a more dire result.. Your work on this is quite fine - you deserve big thanks and appreciation for what you've done w/ it!

Thank you again man.

I can see what you are saying. I think when it comes down to it, all we can do is offer a guide. It will be down to the newbie to try out the different heating locations, torches, grind consistencies and mods to workout what's best for them.

Like @Dynalowrider said, you just gotta keep playing with your VapCap and you will figure it out.

I've done both versions with and without the text in the bottom right so people can share either one depending on what the users issue is.

Hopefully with the help of this wonderful community we will have all the users happily capping away. :)

Top Bottom