DirtyD

If I wanted to keep adding to an M setup, (already rocking ti tip) I should buy stems not bodies right, to fit M condenser rright?? I want a ti or carbon to even further lighten the weight. Say I wanted to turn my M into an omni it would require the xl omni condenser set up correct?? Thanks and Cheers, D.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm not sure why you would start with an M to do that. First, the M mp and body are attached, making it a stem. Why not just use your Ti tip and make a Uni or get one already a Uni? And if I understand correctly, the M parts are the only ones that won't work with an omni condenser.
To me at least the M really isn't a platform the way the Uni is. I tend to keep my Ms stock, but if I WERE to make a change to them the only one likely would be the Ti tip. If I wanted to make/build something else I would probably start with a Uni or buy it the way I wanted it.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
If I wanted to keep adding to an M setup, (already rocking ti tip) I should buy stems not bodies right, to fit M condenser rright?? I want a ti or carbon to even further lighten the weight. Say I wanted to turn my M into an omni it would require the xl omni condenser set up correct?? Thanks and Cheers, D.
if you buy a carbon stem with an XL condenser, you can make a carbon Ti woody XLS as well as a complete M (provided you have two caps)

but to answer your question you can use a carbon stem with your M condenser, but it will be flush at the o-rings (no MP)

alterego420

They have some XL length tubes in more sedate colors.

The main thing keeping me from getting an XL has been that I would want a DynaStash XL too.

I'm sure I will cave eventually. Probably with a Ti Omni XL and a DS XL and pull the bandaid off all at once. ;)

Thanks cybrguy :tup:

alterego420,
Reactions: cybrguy

DirtyD

if you buy a carbon stem with an XL condenser, you can make a carbon Ti woody XLS as well as a complete M (provided you have two caps)

but to answer your question you can use a carbon stem with your M condenser, but it will be flush at the o-rings (no MP)
Thanks, wouldn't have thought about an extra XL condenser and cap. Feel like every vap capper should have an extra cap anyway.. Thanks sir and also for yet another awesome vid. Cheers all around! D.

snaffle

Does anyone know if the cap has changed at all since DynaVap started? I have an OG and I wonder whether the cap is precisely the same as the one on my new Omni?

Am I correct that the cap doesn't really "do" much, more-or-less just be a temperature sensor and way to ensure no flame gets into the bowl while heating? Or does it work with the tip in some more clever way?

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Does anyone know if the cap has changed at all since DynaVap started? I have an OG and I wonder whether the cap is precisely the same as the one on my new Omni?

Am I correct that the cap doesn't really "do" much, more-or-less just be a temperature sensor and way to ensure no flame gets into the bowl while heating? Or does it work with the tip in some more clever way?
I'd be hard pressed to get more clever than that. Simple is beautiful......the only time a VC fails me is when I introduce stupid human tricks into the equation:rockon:

alterego420

As far as I know, the digger outer has got slightly longer but, essentially, the cap is the same as ever. I'm using my og cap on my m and it all works just the same

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
So if I go nanovong xl.....it's got a Ti tip which is a big upgrade from the M, correct?
Someone level with me, what's to expect? Besides water compatibility what is my bang for my buck there for 105 bucks?
I want it....
just buy it already! you have you mind made up and your looking for justification

now to seriously answer your question, i'm not sure if its a 'BIG' upgrade.

some people prefer SS some people prefer TI.

the advantage of the TI to me is, it heats up and cools off notably quicker...it also has the screen lips to adjust the bowl and the airflow is better with the Ti tip because the air channels are deeper and cut through the tip

Then you can just wait until the next sale to get an omni condenser

the nonavong body is the advantage here, for me the nonavong body feels like a fat doobie between the fingers and is easier to spin.

the cool thing is...if you combine the advantage of the Ti tip + the nonavong body...you have a worthy upgrade...

the down side is it wont reinvent the wheel in this scenario

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
FYI, the Best Of Dynavap VapCap thread has now been locked.
Yeah, that thread should've been locked from the get go, but yours truly forgot to do so when I set it up.:doh: All best of threads are locked and that prevents people from posting in it willy nilly. Only posts deemed worthy end up there, so it's not a place for conversation like this thread is.

:peace:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
It's like you went backwards but still reached the destination.......

I want an omni dammit

...then GET an Omni, dammit! :rofl:

as for the vongs...they're not *exactly* plug 'n' play.

Mine does NOT seal on my "Boro" glass, even with a grommet (h/t to Doc for the hookah grommet lead...'course the hookah store sent me to the LHS next door)....it's an 18mm piece, so that's sucking A LOT of air - no 'milking' is going on...even with a 14mm, the 'tank' needs to be big enough to hold your vapor: my bad first effort brought me a little bong that holds NOTHING, and quixotically gives me water-or-practically nothing.

WarpaintFree

My experience with the new Ti Omni, after having an M since April:

I'm not thrilled in any way, honestly.

I was most looking forward to the adjustable chamber size of the Ti tip, as well as somewhat intrigued by the airflow adjustment of the Omni condenser. That, on top of the constant raves about how good the Ti tip is, was enough to make me bite on the big sale.

After a week with the Ti Omni, I can state that it is WAY easier to accidentally combust with this Ti tip, than with the steel M tip. I char or combust about 25% of the heat cycles with the Omni... same torches, same bud from the same jars, same respect for the click. I have fully combusted AT the click at least twice. Most other heat cycles produce uncomfortably warm vapour (almost to the point of heavy coughing), and that with the airflow at its most open setting.

I had also asked whether spinning during heating would cause the Omni MP to come out of adjustment; I can say that with mine, it MOST CERTAINLY CAN and does. Just spinning in my usual fashion causes the mp to spin loose of the condenser tube altogether. The tension between the Omni body and o-rings at the mp and tip is not particularly strong.

As to the use/effect? It is substantially different than with the M. I find that a single heat cycle hits much harder and much faster, but the effects last for less time. Each chamber produces fewer productive heat cycles as well.

So much so in fact, that over a 24 hour period, I do not use any less material in the Omni than the M: I have the chamber size set to 1/2, but I empty and refill twice as often. (Which is to say, not much material in any case: about 0.1g from morning to evening, and about the same from evening to bed/night.)

I will continue to use the Omni to figure out why mine seems so temperamental, but thus far, it has failed to impress or inspire, honestly.

Last edited:

VisiblyVaped

...then GET an Omni, dammit! :rofl:

as for the vongs...they're not *exactly* plug 'n' play.

Mine does NOT seal on my "Boro" glass, even with a grommet (h/t to Doc for the hookah grommet lead...'course the hookah store sent me to the LHS next door)....it's an 18mm piece, so that's sucking A LOT of air - no 'milking' is going on...even with a 14mm, the 'tank' needs to be big enough to hold your vapor: my bad first effort brought me a little bong that holds NOTHING, and quixotically gives me water-or-practically nothing.

My experience with the new Ti Omni, after having an M since April:

I was most looking forward to the adjustable chamber size of the Ti tip, as well as somewhat intrigued by the airflow adjustment of the Omni condenser. That, on top of the constant raves about how good the Ti tip is, was enough to make me bite on the big sale.

After a week with the Ti Omni, I can state that it is WAY easier to accidentally combust with this Ti tip, than with the steel M tip. I char or combust about 25% of the heat cycles with the Omni... same torches, same bud from the same jars, same respect for the click. I have fully combusted AT the click at least twice.

I had also asked whether spinning during heating would cause the Omni MP to come out of adjustment; I can say that with mine, it MOST CERTAINLY CAN and does. Just spinning in my usual fashion causes the mp to spin loose of the condenser tube altogether. The tension between the Omni body and o-rings at the mp and tip is not particularly strong.

As to the use/effect? It is substantially different than with the M. I find that a single heat cycle hits much harder and much faster, but the effects last for less time. Each chamber produces fewer productive heat cycles as well.

So much so in fact, that over a 24 hour period, I do not use any less material in the Omni than the M: I have the chamber size set to 1/2, but I empty and refill twice as often. (Which is to say, not much material in any case: about 0.1g from morning to evening, and about the same from evening to bed/night.)

I will continue to use the Omni to figure out why mine seems so temperamental, but thus far, it has failed to impress or inspire, honestly.

Thank you both. I'm just deciding to go PIU or straight. I know Randy has free shipping with a few in stock.....

Not sure if DV is free shipping.

Any advantage or disadvantages?

virtualpurple

You will be well taken care of with either vendor. Randy at puffitup takes great care of his folks, as do George and the dynavap crew.

I have both an Omni and an Omni xl now, and I enjoy them both dearly. However, if something happened to them I would likely just move to non Omni models for replacements. I would honestly be just as happy with a ti tipped M or a nonavong xl.

The adjustable airflow is very nice, but you can certainly find other methods to partially cover the carb and restrict airflow.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I'm in the same boat as you. I think, for now anyway, I'm going to wait for the next sale and get an Omni. I dont even know if I need one. I do know I want one. Now with the skeletor its even easier to use my M. The poor little tube of steel is getting a workout. :)

The object of desire isn't important, so much as our desire...trust me, you haven't had enough time with your 'Cap to know how to work it; you need to learn how to work with it and get the goods out of it, or you ought to sell it or gift it. Snap decisions make for bad relationships.

Once again this is why I do a loaner: not everyone is going to just 'bond' with the thing - or have the patience to explore what they've got; if it 'catches fire' with someone, then I give them one; if not, I take it back, clean it up, and loan it out...

At this point, crazy as it sounds, I've got $200 set aside for the next M4AF event. Not kidding.
ravSWxA.jpg

for me, IMO, last paragraph is still not universal, as "moving the flame to center of cap to avoid comb"---- is off for those that normally heat only at tip, to minimize overheat problems. For those folks, moving heat to center of cap increases chance of combustion. Could you phrase it to include something like:
When re-heating after a cool-down click, you may want to try a "cooler vaping temp" area to avoid combustion.

OR just focus on difference----the M SS tip takes longer to warm up (and click) than the Ti tip. The M tip holds it heat better so it then takes longer to cool down to the the cool click/ the Ti tip will give a quicker cool down click.

I love pretty much the whole thing... but I fundamentally disagree with the idea that heating lower on the tip hurts the flavor at all.
The main thing keeping me from getting an XL has been that I would want a DynaStash XL too. ;)

I came down to the fact that I don't have to be able to carry EVERYTHING in its own snuggy:; I can just have my kit, and end of story.

Which is how I ended up getting a 'Stash: my Omni I'll leave @ home ('cause I can be an idiot), my M will go with me. Really, I only need one one, most times.

Yes, to replace your M's body/mouthpiece unit, you will need a stem, not a body.
As much as I love my new improved Omni body (and I really DO), in hindsight I wish I'd gotten a stem instead.
Aw shucks.
Thanks, wouldn't have thought about an extra XL condenser and cap. Feel like every vap capper should have an extra cap anyway

Never looked at it that way: I'm holding off on cap purchases until they begin engraving again...I have two cap ready to return for engraving, and I'd buy two more, Don't know why I love as I do...but I do

UMMM..."just" being a temperature gauge? AND transferring heat efficiently to the cap?
Yeah...doesn't really DO anything....

Keeping your herb from burning? Well, if you insist.
So if I go nanovong xl.....it's got a Ti tip which is a big upgrade from the M, correct? I want it....

The Ti tip is a different tip: you may or may not consider it a "big upgrade" from the SSLooking in the wrong direction: your satisfaction with the nonavong depends on YOUR GLASS, not your vong

As mentioned elsewhere, the Ti tip is NOT an SS tip: they have different characteristics; the 'airflow issue' is also much misunderstood: the Ti tip does NOT provide "MORE airflow" than other tips.
After a week with the Ti Omni, I can state that it is WAY easier to accidentally combust with this Ti tip, than with the steel M tip. I char or combust about 25% of the heat cycles with the Omni... same torches, same bud from the same jars, same respect for the click. I have fully combusted AT the click at least twice. Most other heat cycles produce uncomfortably warm vapour (almost to the point of heavy coughing), and that with the airflow at its most open setting.

Your heating is broken: you should fix it. If you're combusting that much, you're either paying no attention to the click(s), you're using to high/hot a flame, and/or you're holding your tip too close to the heat.

Everything about this sounds wrong: NONE of this has been true of my Omni; I've been revolving my Omni & M for months, and never had ANY effect on the condenser/mouthpiece joint. Nothing like it, not even once;

ditto for the grip of the o-rings.As to the use/effect? It is substantially different than with the M. I find that a single heat cycle hits much harder and much faster, but the effects last for less time. Each chamber produces fewer productive heat cycles as well.

Lasts for LESS TIME? Is your 'Cap making your pot less effective?!? Please explain!
this says something about you, but nothing about the Omni. If you want a certain level and it takes two bowls for you, then it does. What you're using is not much of a factor, the same trade-off would be in play if you were still smoking some old shesham-wood pipe

your Omni doesn't sound temperamental at all: WE adapt to the equipment: it doesn't - CAN'T - adapt to us. Seems like that's an issue for you, so perhaps you should sell yours quietly and be done.
Thank you both. I'm just deciding to go PIU or straight. I know Randy has free shipping with a few in stock.....

Not sure if DV is free shipping.

Any advantage or disadvantages?

snaffle

Thanks for the replies on the role of the cap, I wasn't meaning to demean its simplicity (that's something I love about the vapcap, particularly coming from the Grasshopper), just wanted to check that I understood exactly what each part does correctly.

@WakeAndVape I've really enjoyed your videos, nice work, keep it up!

I'm having to work a bit to not get carried away into VAS with the vapcap. But so far I have done well. Some of my friends were mentioning the individualised wands in the Harry Potter books the other day, and what they'd want, and it really reminded me of how I've been drooling over certain stems lately. I wonder if anybody here can integrate a dragon heartstring into a custom stem? Need to ask about that. The vapcap is at least as powerful as a wand, after all...

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thanks for the replies on the role of the cap, I wasn't meaning to demean its simplicity (that's something I love about the vapcap, particularly coming from the Grasshopper), just wanted to check that I understood exactly what each part does correctly.

@WakeAndVape I've really enjoyed your videos, nice work, keep it up!

I'm having to work a bit to not get carried away into VAS with the vapcap. But so far I have done well. Some of my friends were mentioning the individualised wands in the Harry Potter books the other day, and what they'd want, and it really reminded me of how I've been drooling over certain stems lately. I wonder if anybody here can integrate a dragon heartstring into a custom stem? Need to ask about that. The vapcap is at least as powerful as a wand, after all...

I know @phattpiggie and @Winegums have more than enough expertise to bring your vision to life.

although to the shock of most...i have never seen a Harry potter movie

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Ed's TnT Wood Scents log vaporizer does NOT use another log brands internal components. It all Ed's design and it was released just several months ago. The WS log integrates the Vapcap tip. It's a two-for desktop log/portable Vapcap vape solution.

His website sells all kinds of beautiful accessories for various other vapes. His wood stems etc dress up vapes like the Arizer and Vapman. Ed is a long time after market vape accessory supplier.

Hello and good morning, I appreciate the interest and the for doing your best to clear up any confusion you all. Yes that piece a page or so back is mine. It is a WoodScents and no it does not use any other log internals. It is a one of a kind, the only log utilizing titanium with an air path/heat port like no other. Its capable of achieving vape temps in a couple minutes and super high temps in a few more. The WoodScents package out the box will handle any situation you can throw at it with every part and accessory included. Below is a pic of the piece a page or so back

ygl9C8Q.png

Its a desktop that has a Ti tip that can be swapped from stem to WPA and used as a convection vape and if ya wanna go portable simply slip on a DV cap and you are off and running as a conduction piece. DV parts and accessories can be used with the WS. Its a versatile unit sure to please! Below is a custom rig I just finished up the other day that is going out tomorrow, I cant wait for my guy to get this in his hands.

pUC2F73.jpg

Both are made from museum grade Amboyna Burl. I have been sitting on this chunk of wood for several years.

Now yes I do make Nano stems, I make Arizer Stems, I have made and offered Hammer Stems, VapMan Stems, Haze Stems, MFLB Stems, UD Stems, Lily Stems, uhhhhh am sure I am missing other stems I have made and offered. I have been doing this for a long long time and forget alot of what I have done but I assure you there is nothing about the WS that is of anything else. Its a one of a kind piece available in many different species all hand made here in the US by myself. You can get more info here at my thread in desktops or at my site below in my signature. I have some beautiful new pieces I am about to release in Amboyna, some with a little live edge burling and all sure enough show stoppers. If you have any questions pls let me know and if there is anything I can do pls hit me up!

VisiblyVaped

Randy has free shipping. 85 vs 105 on the nanos.
I want to do 85. Does that mouthpiece make any significant difference?

VisiblyVaped,

Smokey McVape

Hello and good morning, I appreciate the interest and the for doing your best to clear up any confusion you all. Yes that piece a page or so back is mine. It is a WoodScents and no it does not use any other log internals. It is a one of a kind, the only log utilizing titanium with an air path/heat port like no other. Its capable of achieving vape temps in a couple minutes and super high temps in a few more. The WoodScents package out the box will handle any situation you can throw at it with every part and accessory included. Below is a pic of the piece a page or so back

ygl9C8Q.png

Its a desktop that has a Ti tip that can be swapped from stem to WPA and used as a convection vape and if ya wanna go portable simply slip on a DV cap and you are off and running as a conduction piece. DV parts and accessories can be used with the WS. Its a versatile unit sure to please! Below is a custom rig I just finished up the other day that is going out tomorrow, I cant wait for my guy to get this in his hands.

pUC2F73.jpg

Both are made from museum grade Amboyna Burl. I have been sitting on this chunk of wood for several years.

Now yes I do make Nano stems, I make Arizer Stems, I have made and offered Hammer Stems, VapMan Stems, Haze Stems, MFLB Stems, UD Stems, Lily Stems, uhhhhh am sure I am missing other stems I have made and offered. I have been doing this for a long long time and forget alot of what I have done but I assure you there is nothing about the WS that is of anything else. Its a one of a kind piece available in many different species all hand made here in the US by myself. You can get more info here at my thread in desktops or at my site below in my signature. I have some beautiful new pieces I am about to release in Amboyna, some with a little live edge burling and all sure enough show stoppers. If you have any questions pls let me know and if there is anything I can do pls hit me up!
@Ed's TnT - Ed the vape pictured is absolutley beautiful. Do you make a log vape that would work in the UK?

Top Bottom