Dynalowrider

Guys not trying to butt in, but you have to figure in atmospheric pressure also. If you lower the ap it lowers the boiling point of the herb, and you have to boil the oils and terpenes to get vapor. Notice how you get clouds when trying to get the golf ball through the straw? The airport is feathered to reduce the draw restriction. Just my opinion, but you can't change mother nature's mind once it's made up. Doc

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
imo the restriction only slows down the airflow in the channels and heats it more,
pressure measurement shouldn't be a big problem, but it would take a boiling point chart for every compound to verify that claim... - got some? ;)
imo the pressure drop of a human lung is small and far away from a significant effect on boiling points
eg vapes with an air pump have a slightly higher pressure and still work with the same temps...

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

It doesn't need much difference in pressure, if I remember bp at sea level=212 f the bp of water in the highest village permanently occupied (16,700') is only 181 f. That isn't much, I knew an old gal that could suck the chrome of a bumper.
You have to admit you aren't even going to breathe without vacuum. Diaphragm expands the chest the lung expands to fill the chest, creates vacuum drawing in air
The heating alone causes vacuum. If you heat it the air surrounding the heated surface gets hot expands, rises because it's lighter than surrounding air. Just saying. I didn't write the laws of mother nature, just abide by them. Doc

Used2use

The heating alone causes vacuum.
really?
the air surrounding the heated surface gets hot expands
yes, heated air expands in volume and/or creates higher pressure by laws of thermodynamics

show me a boiling point (pT) chart of thc (it's more complex than simple h2o molecules) with a measurement of the VC 'pressure drop' and its verified, otherwise with all respect it's just some marketing blabla talk to me

Last edited:
Used2use,

VanCough

Environmentalist
@Dynalowrider @Used2use interesting thoughts.

I'm thinking that it's simpler than you're both making it.

The hottest it will ever be is the last moment you're heating it (or potentially a few moments after due to thermal lag) but as soon as air is inhaled through it the ambient temperature of the air will cool both cap and tip.

So seeing as we're mainly interested in the maximum temperature inside the tip, the stuff you're discussing isn't a concern. Interesting but no real influence on what we want to know.

I do agree however that filling the chamber with herb (or mint if your supply is not ready at the moment, like mine is :\) could influence the temperature due to different thermal properties of material or possible conduction between the plant matter and the wall of the tip.

More testing is needed, but @Dynalowrider has done some rough measurements as well and our results are similar.

I'll update as I test more. It will be good to find out this little things secrets more scientifically. I'm curious as to how different lighters, specifically number of jets, affect the heating profile of both tips.

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
really?

yes, heated air expands in volume and/or creates higher pressure by laws of thermodynamics

show me a boiling point (pT) chart of thc (it's more complex than simple h2o molecules) with a measurement of the VC 'pressure drop' and its verified, otherwise with all respect it's just some marketing blabla talk to me
Im no scientist and I couldn't even tell you certain animals ass's from their heads. However the man who designed this product even touches on this in a vid.
I do know that if you completely close the carb when you draw you will get more vapor so there's something going on there. Edit: Also if I'm not mistaken the lower the pressure, the lower the boiling point of most things.

Last edited:

Squiby

So I am one of newbies with some cap trouble. No discernable click on the heat up, but a good click on the cool down. Even before I reached out to dynavap, I received a PM about help. That is serious customer service :nod:

Your cap might be defective. However, there is a chance that you can 'adjust' the click a bit.

Two floating metal disks are contained within the top of the cap. As the cap is heated the disks buckle and make a clicking sound. If you hold the cap to your ear and shake it you can hear the disks rattle. This is easier to hear if your cap is heated. Anyway, if you give your cap a good shake or tap it against a surface, the disk position may shift enough to alter the sound they make.

Used2use

The hottest it will ever be is the last moment you're heating it (or potentially a few moments after due to thermal lag) but as soon as air is inhaled through it the ambient temperature of the air will cool both cap and tip.
Almost - the first moment of the draw should be the hottest temp inside the tip bc the heated airpocket in the channels and the fin that is covered by the cap
I do know that if you completely close the carb when you draw you will get more vapor so there's something going on there.
closed carb = no 'turbulence' (why should that be good anyways?) - quite the opposite it creates more laminar(even) airflow inside the tip which is good for extraction ;) but c'mon there is some thermodynamics and fluidmechanics going on in every vape or it ain't one...

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
After a week with the Ti Omni, I can state that it is WAY easier to accidentally combust with this Ti tip, than with the steel M tip. I char or combust about 25% of the heat cycles with the Omni... same torches, same bud from the same jars, same respect for the click. I have fully combusted AT the click at least twice. Most other heat cycles produce uncomfortably warm vapour (almost to the point of heavy coughing), and that with the airflow at its most open setting.
My only suggestion is hold the cap farther from the flame and try and get to the click slower. The Ti Tip is less forgiving then the SS M tip.
My first heat cycle with my single flame torch set to its lowest setting takes an average 12-15 seconds till click----click. At this pace the second click varies, can be a couple seconds after the first, sometimes more up to 5 seconds after the first. Trust that second will come though.
With my triple flame, which smallest setting is still huge, I try for 8 seconds till clickclick, those happen pretty close to each other. But I have to hold the cap so far away from that lighter that it was hard to be consistent and discretion is non existent.
But any of my lighters will combust if I'm trying to rush the click. My :2c:
:peace:

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Hi guys, i want to buy a vapcap but i'm struggling about this 4 model

nonavong
M
Vapcap-S (this one) https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizers/portable_vaporizers/vapcap-s/
Ti woody S

whar are the major difference about this 4??

is the nonavong too short so the vapor is more harsh? there is a difference in flavour with the glass body of the vapcap-s?! i really need the S mod in the Ti woody? there are real tangible difference between the stainless steel and the titanium tip in terms of performance?? is a longer device generally better for cooling the hits? if i don't use a water piece, what are the pros of the nonavong?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english, i'm italian:p

Ricardo

Well the days of ripping off pieces of bud are over. I tried using a grinder and the difference in vapour production was amazing.
I'm inclined to agree :tup: Much as I like the romance of tearing off a 'lil nug, I'm getting consistently spectacular results with a medium-fine grind. Even with the smallest Omni chamber setting, even only half-full I get big clouds on first two cycles. Awesome :D :leaf::peace::tup:

virtualpurple

Hi guys, i want to buy a vapcap but i'm struggling about this 4 model

nonavong
M
Vapcap-S (this one) https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizers/portable_vaporizers/vapcap-s/
Ti woody S

whar are the major difference about this 4??

is the nonavong too short so the vapor is more harsh? there is a difference in flavour with the glass body of the vapcap-s?! i really need the S mod in the Ti woody? there are real tangible difference between the stainless steel and the titanium tip in terms of performance?? is a longer device generally better for cooling the hits? if i don't use a water piece, what are the pros of the nonavong?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english, i'm italian:p

Welcome!

The differences are primarily aesthetics (looks). The nonavong, the vapcap-s and the ti woody s will all perform similarly. The exception would be the M. It uses a stainless steel tip and takes a little bit longer to reach the appropriate temps and also takes a bit longer to cool down.

If I were to make a recommendation I would suggest to hold off on buying the glass body s-model. Dynavap does not appear to have glass bodies in stock at this time and I believe they are moving away from glass.

I have some of the longer vapcaps as well as the shorter models and I do not notice any real difference in the cooling or harshness of the vapor.

I think you will really like this device! I would base your decision on which model looks the most attractive to you, and they will all function pretty similar.

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
thank you, i was waiting for an answer so i can proceed with my order.
i hope it arrive before 9th august because i have a programmed trip to amsterdam for 7 days and i really hope to use this thing with the good stuff.:drool:

so my choice now is between the ti woody and the nonavong...someone as something to say in this regard?

oh another question, what is the purpose of the dobule crown in the ti woody? is really necessary?

thanks again purple:tup:

Last edited:
Wolf46,
Reactions: DirtyD

stark1

Lonesome Planet
thank you, i was waiting for an answer so i can proceed with my order.
i hope it arrive before 9th august because i have a programmed trip to amsterdam for 7 days and i really hope to use this thing with the good stuff.:drool:

so my choice now is between the ti woody and the nonavong...someone as something to say in this regard?

thanks again purple:tup:

:2c: Again it is a matter of your aesthetics (preference). --While useful for bubblers, in my line of sight, the chunkier nonavong is a wonker (IMHO), while the slim, sleek woody is poetry in motion. :tup:

For an extra bux you can get a "fat MP", if you want to hydrokool, a quick and dirty fix. An easy
adapter. :clap:

Start easy, start simple. Go, VapCap!

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member

oh another question, what is the purpose of the dobule crown in the ti woody? is really necessary?
The nanovong is easier to spin in your hand, won't roll off the table and can be used native or plopped onto a bubbler as is.
Double crown is mostly aesthetics.
Go for the nanovong to start and add a woody or titanium body to it later when VAS sets in. Or vice versa. No wrong choice, really.

MonkeyTime

Not only. The double crown deliver much more stabiltiy to the end parts of the wood. It's preventing chunkings of the Wood.
The crowns don't wrap inside do they? A quick look at my ebony body dbl crown looks mostly aesthetics...

MonkeyTime,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
guys another question, the spinning tip is useful only if i want to light the vaporizer directly in my mouth am i right? because if i light the woody (for example) in my hand, i can easily rotate with my finger without the spinning tip (at least i think it's a easy task with the smooth texture of this vaporizer).

sooooo, there is another use for the spinning tip? i don't know, maybe the metallic crown is hotter in the lips then the wood tip or it's the same thing??

also is the lenght of the device the same with or without the wood tip? (in the case of the ti woody)

thanks.

Wolf46,

mucsusn

60 going on 20
guys another question, the spinning tip is useful only if i want to light the vaporizer directly in my mouth am i right? because if i light the woody (for example) in my hand, i can easily rotate with my finger without the spinning tip (at least i think it's a easy task with the smooth texture of this vaporizer).

sooooo, there is another use for the spinning tip? i don't know, maybe the metallic crown is hotter in the lips then the wood tip or it's the same thing??

also is the lenght of the device the same with or without the wood tip? (in the case of the ti woody)

Added for @Wolf46 - Go to the DV website, go to the FAQ tab, and drop down to the DynaVap Compatibility chart. Lots of great info and perspective there. I just reconfigured a NonaVong S to a NonaVong this morning. Removed my standard condenser from the NonaVong S body and MP, took off the middle x-ring, installed the condenser into a NonaVong stem, and Ouila', a NonaVong ready for my short 14mm sidecar bubbler (the mouthpiece gets in the way on water pieces sometimes).

thanks.
I wouldn't recommend lighting the VC whilst in your mouth. So much could go wrong there (torches and other fiery shit). No, the spinning tip can facilitate handling for some people, for others, not so much. I think it depends on your style, dexterity and size of your paws........Bottom line, I have 11 of these evil little bitches, not counting the M's (which go out for demo/gifting and the occasional day trip to places where I might have to ditch my toys). It doesn't matter......they are all little beasts, which you will grow to love just like pets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom