herbalist33

I'm still wondering exactly why George is thinking the CCDs need improvement before use in the ti tips. Mine slots in so perfectly and snugly with no need for anything else done to it, and others have reported the same. @VapCap care to weigh in? I'm sure you have a good reason for holding off, I just can't think of what it is

I assumed it was about removing the CCDs- for the OG George recommends inserting it from the mouthpiece end, allowing you to push it out of the tip end when you need to clean. With the Ti tip the ccd can only go in from the tip end, and I would imagine trying to push it out would result in bending/damaging it. I definitely could be wrong tho.

Personally I have the ti screens that Squiby posted earlier, and have no need or want to use anything different. I find the ccd in my OG lets through more fine particles which is evident on the inside of the glass sleeve. The ti screens are perfect for the ti tip Vapcaps (IMO).

Peace

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
All great news, and man do I ever gotta get me a carbon body for my omnivap! Are those gonna be good with solvents for cleaning and can this be arranged? :D

Edit: I should say I expect this to be solvent safe, carbon is very, very solvent safe as anybody familiar with this topic knows.

Is it a Carbon fiber reinforced polymer material and if so (purely out of curiosity), do we know which base polymer was used?
To be fair, you aren't supposed to use solvents on your wood bodies. At least I'd never use more than a a moist q tip (with water not ISO/Ethanol). I'm less concerned about that, and more about an excuse to buy more from Dynavap.;)

@herbalist33
I had an 1st gen OG, and got a warranty replacement body with CCD after a tube falling out of pocket event. The new body and screen (not sure which but suspect it was mostly the CCD) had so much more airflow, I actually had less even browning of material with carb fully closed. It wasn't a big deal, and it felt great to use carb closed compared to my new OV/Woody (I have one tip I can switch between the two set ups) The OG is off with a friend at this point.

Last edited:

Kalessin

I assumed it was about removing the CCDs- for the OG George recommends inserting it from the mouthpiece end, allowing you to push it out of the tip end when you need to clean. With the Ti tip the ccd can only go in from the tip end, and I would imagine trying to push it out would result in bending/damaging it. I definitely could be wrong tho.

Personally I have the ti screens that Squiby posted earlier, and have no need or want to use anything different. I find the ccd in my OG lets through more fine particles which is evident on the inside of the glass sleeve. The ti screens are perfect for the ti tip Vapcaps (IMO).

Peace
As far as mine is concerned, putting it in and removing it is fine. The CCD is really flexible, mine is handling being taken out and put back in fine. Although I really haven't had any real need to take it out, it stays so clean on it's own. As far as the regular ti screens...I find it weird the CCD lets through more particules, as my ti screen let through waaaay more material than my CCD. But even if mine did let through more, the improvement in airflow over the ti screens is too significant to forgo. In my case at least

collegeKid101

https://imgur.com/a/sp41O

CARBON FIBER OMNI!!:rockon: I was surprised that it also came with the glass body, I've given it a few empty test runs and the whole system is way easier than I even expected. The click is pretty loud too:tup: I can't wait til I'm done with exams so I can test this bad boy. Thank you @VapCap :bowdown:

Do the flowermae SS screens also work in the omni? Because if so I definitely want to replace the ceramic one before my first use

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
As far as mine is concerned, putting it in and removing it is fine. The CCD is really flexible, mine is handling being taken out and put back in fine. Although I really haven't had any real need to take it out, it stays so clean on it's own. As far as the regular ti screens...I find it weird the CCD lets through more particules through, as my ti screen let through waaaay more material than my CCD. But even if mine did let through more, the improvement in airflow over the ti screens is too significant to forgo. In my case at least
I agree, the flowermate Ti screens let a lot more particles through in my experience. I don't think I've had any noticeable particles come through the CCD, while I've had some fairly large particles come through the Ti screen, and it happens often.

The airflow is also much better with the CCD, it is a brilliant screen design. I can't wait to use one with my VonG, it will be interesting to see how it improves performance.

Kalessin

I agree, the flowermate Ti screens let a lot more particles through in my experience. I don't think I've had any noticeable particles come through the CCD, while I've had some fairly large particles come through the Ti screen, and it happens often.

The airflow is also much better with the CCD, it is a brilliant screen design. I can't wait to use one with my VonG, it will be interesting to see how it improves performance.
I get a tiny bit of dust through the CCD but I use a really fine grind. Using the ti screens alone with the same grind would have been intolerable for me, with all the herb that would have gotten into my mouth.

PeteSeattle

I get a tiny bit of dust through the CCD but I use a really fine grind. Using the ti screens alone with the same grind would have been intolerable for me, with all the herb that would have gotten into my mouth.
Hi friends, I started out with grinding the herb but then followed techniques of others just throwing little nuggets in. What do you all prefer?

Edit ... I've compared myself but maybe a grind is a little better (really difficult to pick up nuances for me)? I really like the convenience of just the nugg though.

Kalessin

Hi friends, I started out with grinding the herb but then followed techniques of others just throwing little nuggets in. What do you all prefer?
I use a fine grind with all my vapes. I find I get better better vapor consistency that way, and I can fit more material in a single bowl which helps with overcoming my high tolerance. But the main reason I have stuck with the fine grind is that it's easier for me to measure out bowls and have them be pretty much the same size. I find when I use unground bud I'll throw in what I -think- is enough, but after vaping it ends up only breaking down to about half what I thought and I end up loading more to get where I want to be

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I use a medium grind in all of my vapes, I find it works really well in the VapCap. Sometimes I'll just break off a nug and toss it in. I think the flavor is a little better this way, and I get more heating cycles out of the same amount of material, but the vapor is thinner.

I prefer thicker vapor so I'm usually using my standard medium grind, with a light tamp.

Squiby

I never use ground material in my Vapcaps. I prefer the simplicity of keeping my flowers whole and just tearing a tiny nug off and popping it into the bowl. No fuss, no muss.

Micro dosing is the way I float. I never fill the bowl up to full capacity. I vape every hour or two all day long. Then, at night I add a small flattened pancake of hash along with a flower nug, or maybe some wax for a nightcap. If I find myself vaping more per session, I lay off for a day or so and then deliberately vape smaller amounts. It conserves my weed and it keeps my tolerance at an even keel.

Kalessin

I never use ground material in my Vapcaps. I prefer the simplicity of keeping my flowers whole and just tearing a tiny nug off and popping it into the bowl. No fuss, no muss.

Micro dosing is the way I float. I never fill the bowl up to full capacity. I vape every hour or two all day long. Then, at night I add a small flattened pancake of hash along with a flower nug, or maybe some wax for a nightcap. If I find myself vaping more per session, I lay off for a day or so and then deliberately vape smaller amounts. It conserves my weed and it keeps my tolerance at an even keel.
It takes me at least a full bowl of fine grind in my vapcap to get me a decent buzz going. Not even really high, just more relaxed and content. Sometimes two, depending on my material. It is low grade herb though, almost always. If I had some 15 or 20 a gram, which I almost never buy, a half bowl can do it. I wish microdosing worked for me, but this is already a major reduction from how I was vaping when I first started, when I'd use 2 or 3 times the amount in my EQ. Took me a while to work down even this far. I've always seemed to have a pretty high tolerance for bud compared to others I know. I'm large so I'm sure that helps to some extent, although the way cannabis affects people doesn't seem to me to be as related to body size as, say, alcohol...

Squiby

I have consumed weed for the last 40 years and I am definitely a lightweight in every sense. From alcohol to weed to caffeine, my tolerance is quite low and always has been compared to my friends and family. I'm certain that this is partly due to stature, the fact that I am a small woman and partly due to individual physiology.

poutine

Personally, I use the standard grinder I got from PuffItUp. Works great for what I think is a medium grind- but remember I'm still new to this whole scene. I just started vaping once I quit drinking. I am planning to upgrade to a Santa Cruz Shredder to get the most coarse grind possible. I have tried just throwing small nugs into the cap, but I don't really enjoy that. I think it is great if you need to microdose constantly, though!

esrever

Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth
Ok VC owners, set me straight.
The vapor travels outside the condenser, not inside?
The condenser is for cooling the vapor?
An XL condenser cools it more?

If so, the VapCap S might be the best value of all the models.
Of course if the bowl breaks, you're looking at $47 for a Ti replacement tip.

esrever,

FreddieFresh

I'm not a VC owner yet but I may still be able to answer your questions. No, the vapor travels through the inside of the condenser. The outside provides air. Yes, the condenser does cool the vapor, especially the ss condensers and xl. The vapcap s doesn't use a Ti tip. It has the og glass body

Squiby

The condenser sits inside the body or stem of the Vapcap. All of the vapor travels from the bowl through the inside of the condenser. The carb on the body allows you to control the airflow. As air flows from the carb down to the bowl it creates turbulence as that fresh air meets up to the bowl and makes a 180° turn up into the condenser along with the vapor.

The length of the condenser determines the overall length of the Vapcap.

The regular condenser accommodates either a:

- 45mm body and 17mm mp together to make 3.5 inch VC including the tip and cap. This is the Ti Woody S model.
Or
- 62mm stem to make 3.5 inch VC including the tip and cap. This is a Ti Woody model.

The XL condenser accommodates:

- 62mm stem and 17mm mp together to make 4.25 inch VC including the tip and cap. This is a Ti Woody LCD model.

I have not noticed that the LCD produces cooler vapor. All models IMO create very smooth cool vapor.

While not getting into body/stem options, there are essentially two types of Vapcaps:

- The one piece glass bowl/body Vapcaps, namely the OG Vapcap and the Vapcap S.

And the,

- Ti tipped Vapcaps, namely the Ti Woody, TI Woody S, Ti Woody XLS and the Omnivap.

You cannot replace a broken glass tip or bowl with a Ti tip. You would need to replace the one piece bowl/body with another one.

esrever

Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth
So you cannot see the vapor in a VapCap S?
What is the benefit of the glass? A few dollars less than wood? Easier cleaning?
Except the glass can't get very dirty if the vapor is inside the condenser.

esrever,

FreddieFresh

What is the benefit of the glass? A few dollars less than wood? Easier cleaning?
Not unless you use the glass condenser. It's cheaper and a lot of users seem to think it gives thicker and more flavorful vapor than the ti models. I personally plan to get a Ti vong as soon as the ccd screens and dhh tips are implemented.

VAPEHUNTER

....Of course if the bowl breaks, you're looking at $47 for a Ti replacement tip.

Don't worry you won't break the Ti tip. Not even if you run it over.:razz:
atyUzIQ.jpg

Squiby

The Vapcap S is a step up from the OG Vapcap. It includes a complete original glass VapCap with a glass condenser and rubber mp, plus an XL condenser and mouthpiece kit. This way it can be used in either configuration.

Some people prefer the glass bowl of the OG, the way it heats and the vapor it produces, but appreciate the wood mp over the rubber one that comes with the OG Vapcap. You can switch up the configuration to include the glass condenser with rubber mp or the sleeker look of the ss condenser and wood mp. With the Vapcap S, you are getting 2 in 1.

The body should not get soiled but it is a mute issue since the bowl and body are one piece, so you just soak the whole thing anyway.

If this does not appeal to you you might prefer the Ti tipped line with the modular bodies/stems, VonGs, mps and condensers.

Which ever way you go, consider at least including an OG Vapcap with your order. Everyone should have at least one OG.

collegeKid101

Any advice on preferred restriction for using the omni natively (not through water or anything just mouth pulling)? If I'm not mistaken, I saw a post a long while back, can't seem to find it again): that stated it works best if you go pretty close to complete restriction with omni? I'm pretty sure I saw someone day something about if you put it just right you won't even have to use the carb. TIA

collegeKid101,

PeteSeattle

Personally, I use the standard grinder I got from PuffItUp. Works great for what I think is a medium grind- but remember I'm still new to this whole scene. I just started vaping once I quit drinking. I am planning to upgrade to a Santa Cruz Shredder to get the most coarse grind possible. I have tried just throwing small nugs into the cap, but I don't really enjoy that. I think it is great if you need to microdose constantly, though!
Ok, I think I'm back to using the grinder. Every time I do the nugg thing I do have slight coffee on the outside but blonde to almost still green. Now with trying to go back to grinding I am more satisfied to see uniform med-dark abv.

@collegeKid101 for me I prefer to let the grommet slightly peek over the carb.

Top Bottom