herbalist33

Have Multi-tool. Will Travel.

RoboVap VapPack!

Edit: you inspired me to jet off on a UFO, here's a vid of the Omnivap going through a FC-UFO dry- it's a full milkshake!!!

https://vid.me/VciX

The Omnivap can milk pieces with ease, better than any other vape I own I believe. The video is of ground herb, on the second heat cycle, with almost max restriction. No coughing or harshness AT ALL, and that is running it dry! I really can't believe it to be honest... As @Squiby says, it really must be magic :sherlock:

Peace

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
My new still virgin (not for long) toy

jEmcY6w.jpg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Are you finding variance in the length of your different caps @herbalist33 ?:hmm:

Mine are, each is unique in length, which leads me to believe they are individually sized, prolly because of the differing lengths of the machined cuts of various versions of Ti tips?

Is your Ti woody cap a few cms longer than Omni? :leaf:

The shorter length in the Omni prolly allows for better heat dissipation, in theory.....

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I use my 14mm Ti VonG dry. I also like full restriction for mouth pulls.. So I cover the carb with my finger and near the end of the toke I feather it a bit.

I you are wanting to block the carb without using your fingers or toothpicks or whatever, how about moving one of the condenser orings below the carb, down towards the tip. That should effectively block the carb airpath. You could also slide that oring to line up with the carb and adjust the air intake by how fully you block the carb with the oring.

Natural and known only to you...:cool:
Brilliant, thank you sir.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Went back to the OmniVap again, just fully screwed in, getting a better hang on it with temp stepping from aiming a single torch flame. Maybe I should try out the glass body to get handle on the flow adjustment screws?

The carbon fiber bodies looks neat, but I'm still wishin and hopin and dreamin of/for a shorty wood body for mine some day...

collegeKid101

Went back to the OmniVap again, just fully screwed in, getting a better hang on it with temp stepping from aiming a single torch flame. Maybe I should try out the glass body to get handle on the flow adjustment screws?

The carbon fiber bodies looks neat, but I'm still wishin and hopin and dreamin of/for a shorty wood body for mine some day...

I should have my carbon omni by next week so I'll be able to update you on that end:rockon:. DONT LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I would like to say many thanks to @phattpiggie for crafting me a beautiful new stem for my tiwoody.....

9hqALOrh.jpg

I much prefer the way it feels and sits in my hand now...and I do love a bit of brass...

A friend visited me the other day and asked if it was my fountain pen...

Very elegant...

Also thanks to @Ruta, and @phattpiggie again for the new ccd screens....

Filtering down to the riff raff........

I love my vapcap even more now.....

Last edited:

herbalist33

Are you finding variance in the length of your different caps @herbalist33 ?:hmm:

Mine are, each is unique in length, which leads me to believe they are individually sized, prolly because of the differing lengths of the machined cuts of various versions of Ti tips?

Is your Ti woody cap a few cms longer than Omni? :leaf:

The shorter length in the Omni prolly allows for better heat dissipation, in theory.....

Here's a picture of the Vapcaps I own in order of purchase, with the newest on the left and the oldest on right.
ba61BFC.jpeg

I find my two oldest caps are the same length, but my omni cap and new OG cap are both different lengths. I havnt really noticed much difference in performance between any of them. The picture makes it look as if all the actual vape lengths vary, but that is just the angle of the shot- they actually are all pretty much the same length.

Peace

Carl Hempel

Recently took the plunge and ordered an Omni to complement my TiWoody and TiGlassy :brow:

The Vapcap is so brilliant and convenient, they've made a lot of my other vapes jealous and some of them redundant.

Looking forward to seeing how the Omni compares to my current caps.
I'd also like to shout out Matt for the excellent CS!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Here's a picture of the Vapcaps I own in order of purchase, with the newest on the left and the oldest on right.
ba61BFC.jpeg

I find my two oldest caps are the same length, but my omni cap and new OG cap are both different lengths. I havnt really noticed much difference in performance between any of them. The picture makes it look as if all the actual vape lengths vary, but that is just the angle of the shot- they actually are all pretty much the same length.

Peace

Ditto

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Maybe I should try out the glass body to get handle on the flow adjustment screws?
I would recommend trying that out. It does make it easier to get a handle on the adjustable airflow. Another advantage is the air intake/carb hole is raised and makes it easier to find.

VsjPfog.jpg

I bought this torch at a local smoke shop recently. It has three flames in a triangular setup, as opposed to three in a line/row like the standard Dynavap triple flame Vertigo. This is the same setup as my triple jet Scorch torches. The Vertigo has the advantage of a clear tank over the scorch torches, and it's a little smaller and lighter. This is probably my favorite torch for the VapCap so far. Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Vertigo-Parfums-Cyclone-Torch-Lighter/dp/B00F5I2LZ4#

I still like my double flame Scorch torch a lot, it's so small and sleek looking. However, it's tank isn't very big, and it's not visible at all so you never know when you're low on butane. I do like the performance of a double flame best I think, but a triangular triple setup is pretty close in terms of performance. Can anyone recommend a reliable double jet torch with a visible tank?

Picture and link of the Scorch double:

p18DDlY.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Scorch-Torch-Tactical-Ergonomic-Cigarette/dp/B00G9GWANE

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
I would recommend trying that out. It does make it easier to get a handle on the adjustable airflow. Another advantage is the air intake/carb hole is raised and makes it easier to find.

VsjPfog.jpg

I bought this torch at a local smoke shop recently. It has three flames in a triangular setup, as opposed to three in a line/row like the standard Dynavap triple flame Vertigo. This is the same setup as my triple jet Scorch torches. The Vertigo has the advantage of a clear tank over the scorch torches, and it's a little smaller and lighter. This is probably my favorite torch for the VapCap so far. Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Vertigo-Parfums-Cyclone-Torch-Lighter/dp/B00F5I2LZ4#

I still like my double flame Scorch torch a lot, it's so small and sleek looking. However, it's tank isn't very big, and it's not visible at all so you never know when you're low on butane. I do like the performance of a double flame best I think, but a triangular triple setup is pretty close in terms of performance. Can anyone recommend a reliable double jet torch with a visible tank?

Picture and link of the Scorch double:

p18DDlY.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Scorch-Torch-Tactical-Ergonomic-Cigarette/dp/B00G9GWANE
I have a bunch of torches like those but I got them unbranded for cheap, on ebay from China. They seem to work well but they eat butane. I love the triangular flame, it makes heating the vapcap simpler. Does anyone know of a double flame torch with the flame that intersects each other, like a x shape? I've only seen the zippo butane insert(z-plus?) do that. I think that would work well with the VC but the reviews aren't the greatest for that brand.

Shit Snacks

Also notice how the smaller newer caps are a bit wider, the longer one fits pretty snug doesn't it? I didn't test it on my Omni tip though actually (or my OG), or the newer cap on the old tip, could be an interesting comparison... Nice to see some beauty shots, hope you are enjoying it man! That wood shorty body is what I want for my Omni too, when I can afford it I will get an exotic for sure, I've got an 18-14mm WonG body in cocobolo (with my Ti/glass bodies) already

Interesting, that's the first wood body I've seen with a crown like that one on the left. I kinda like it

That was mine, sold it to stark recently. It is one of the early TiWoodys, not one of the first though. It was after the first ones went out and the cracking issue was discovered. The Ti tips were changed shortly after this so they had more heat sink and more o rings to protect the wood (notice the difference compared to the Omni in the photo, along with the older longer cap). George was also experimenting at first with the steel crowns, shortly after mine shipped he began crowning the tips of the wood bodies, but first he tried a steel collar like you see in the photo. As far as I know it is the only one of its kind in fact... It didn't stop the wood from cracking (happened almost instantly with one big one, another smaller one began later too) but it did stop it from spreading longer into the wood and it still seemed to work regardless. It wasnt getting much use from me, especially with my newer OG and Omni, so I sold it to stark when I saw he was looking for heirloom VapCaps so it could get some more use in a loving home as a functional collectable (ofcourse I kinda needed the money too)

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
Still doing some serious omni testing in the name of science. I'm curious how you guys are using the stash? I put my material in a baggie to keep the smell down, also everything gets stuck together and is hard to remove. A little canister that fits in the stash would be nice, anyone find one that fits?

Shit Snacks

Still doing some serious omni testing in the name of science. I'm curious how you guys are using the stash? I put my material in a baggie to keep the smell down, also everything gets stuck together and is hard to remove. A little canister that fits in the stash would be nice, anyone find one that fits?

Yeah I actually never put any material in my stash for this reason, based on experience with old my old combustion dugout, obviously wasn't enough of a connoisseur back then to care, but it sure was convenient... I've just been using my stash as nice storage and for the magnet really (I actually have not taken a VapCap out and about even once, so really no need for stashing, would've gotten a double like @vapen00b instead, maybe for my eventual second stash, hard to resist that gorgeous wood!) Like my old TiWoody my DynaStash was also one of a kind, early batch before the magnets were placed more even like they are now, but in a special zebrawood (okay so the bacotes seem to get pretty zebra-y now too so maybe not quite that exclusive anymore...) Anyway here it is with that old TiWoody:
4Mhw740.jpg

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I agree with @Shit Snacks @lookhigh. I love my dynastsh but haven't had the occasion to travel. But will use it certainly going to friends places. I do, however use an organizer for my VAS parts separate from the stash. It's small, compact, and fits all the components. Hoping for an Ed version when he sees this.

IMG_8725.jpg
That's a beautiful organizer! Can you tell us the name or post a link? :)

collegeKid101

I agree with @Shit Snacks @lookhigh. I love my dynastsh but haven't had the occasion to travel. But will use it certainly going to friends places. I do, however use an organizer for my VAS parts separate from the stash. It's small, compact, and fits all the components. Hoping for an Ed version when he sees this.

IMG_8725.jpg
I agree with @Vapor_Eyes that box is a downright beauty!

My order just changed from processing to complete, if I thought I was impatient before ... :freak:

How was everyone's turnover time from order completed to liftoff (first use and trip to the moon)?

PeteSeattle

Last edited:
Top Bottom