Alexis

I'm sorry to hear about your allergies, that must be very difficult to live with.

You might want to look into making bubble hash. The water processing is supposed to be good for removing residue from fertilizers and pesticides. If you still have the unsuccessful batches it's worth a shot to see if it makes them usable.

It's supposed to work well for long term storage. And the VapCap is apparently one of the best vapes for using it.

Paging @herbivore21!
Thats a great suggestion thanks. I do struggle to get much done generally, I am so debilitated by sevre chronic fatigue and managing my allergies is literally a 24/7 task with little time to spare, and my brain doesnt work well for even the simplest of new tasks. Things should improve for me at some point, I am well on the way to overcoming Lyme disease with homeopathy, which I have had since 2004 but only found out about last year. It is the root cause of me becoming ill, I have many other infections due to a heavily compromised immune system.

I am making good progress right now. I would like to try this method. But I also hope that if things improve for me past a point, my allergies will improve and I may tolerate the bat guano and humboldt ferts better, or I can investigate your suggestion, whichever comes first or is easier.

Last edited:

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
@Alexis,
I can sympathize with you, as I was diagnosed with lyme in 2004, having had it for many years before that. It can be very hard to get a good diagnosis because of the varied symptoms. I use frequency therapies to deal with mine after being dismissed by the medical establishment. I am glad you have found some alternative therpaies that are working for you.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
This evening I'm enjoying some very nice hash in my vapcap with my @phattpiggie stem....

It's all beautiful.....

yz3PUc0h.jpg

This is the best hash vaporisation I have experienced in my one year of vaping....

HD Springer

This evening I'm enjoying some very nice hash in my vapcap with my @phattpiggie stem....

It's all beautiful.....

yz3PUc0h.jpg

This is the best hash vaporisation I have experienced in my one year of vaping....

Damn I sure do love seeing that @phattpiggie name and products out and about. Good things should and usually do happen to good people. Not to mention the man has good wood.

And when it's paired with the VC it's a great combo. Great feel taste and functionality.

Last edited:

Alexis

@Alexis,
I can sympathize with you, as I was diagnosed with lyme in 2004, having had it for many years before that. It can be very hard to get a good diagnosis because of the varied symptoms. I use frequency therapies to deal with mine after being dismissed by the medical establishment. I am glad you have found some alternative therpaies that are working for you.
I can totally empathise with you being dsimissed by the medical establishment. They are rotters for the way they deny diagnosis and acknowledgement of Lyme. Their testing has been purposely rigged to miss the vast majoroty of cases. Lyme is a gold mine for them, because they can have you on so many different meds with no hope of a cure.

The borrelia is actually fading fast. I have done 3 courses of homeopathy since last year and it is no longer visible anywhere in my body, with vega testing, but still present in my nervous system. I have no doubt it will be clear before long, then it is just a question of repairing the nervous system and rebuilding the immune system.

I also have coxsackie viruses, also neurological in nature, but the trouble with them is that I get them every winter, often the same strain before I have fully cleared it from the previous winter.
At least with borrelia, as long as I dont hang around in grassland (which I dont) then I am unlikely to get it again, or would certainly be very unlucky to. I believe it also can come from mosquitos, midges and maybe vaccinations, as there are far too many cases to all have come from tick bites. Still so much isnt known about it. Amd each case is different, as is the road ro recovery. I wish you the best of success and good fortune in fully recovering your health!

Last edited:

poutine

Oh, I changed out my ceramic screen to the Flowermate Titanium screens linked earlier. Couldn't get the clip to seat, but the screen seems stuck in there pretty good....if the screen isn't moving, is there any reason to mess with the clip further?

collegeKid101

Oh, I changed out my ceramic screen to the Flowermate Titanium screens linked earlier. Couldn't get the clip to seat, but the screen seems stuck in there pretty good....if the screen isn't moving, is there any reason to mess with the clip further?
I had this same problem, take a pencil with an eraser and use it to apply pressure around the edges of the chamber on to the clip until it's proerly seated. Even though its stuck where it is, it would be pretty annoying for the gunk to get stuck in between those two.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I had this same problem, take a pencil with an eraser and use it to apply pressure around the edges of the chamber on to the clip until it's proerly seated. Even though its stuck where it is, it would be pretty annoying for the gunk to get stuck in between those two.
A wood dowel that is 8mm or 5/16 inch is the perfect tool for this job. You should be able to find one at a hardware store, hobby/arts&crafts store, or even at Walmart in the crafts section.

Alex03

A wood dowel that is 8mm or 5/16 inch is the perfect tool for this job. You should be able to find one at a hardware store, hobby/arts&crafts store, or even at Walmart in the crafts section.
Well I allways Use a wooden BBQ skwer broken in two.
Now insert those in to your vapcap Bowl. In a way that they Form an x . That way you can evenly apply force on the retentionclip.
No need for special Tools. I can even use two small twigs when out and about.

I hope you get what i mean.

Alexis

Okay people I have heard back from George last night and this morning. I have put together a basket and am keen to order very soon, I am just trying to clarify a few things which Im still not 100% clear on after a few exchanges with George.

I asked him about exactly what is necessary and best out of all the options to connect the omnivap and vapcap to a bubbler or water pipe. I have already ordered the D020-D 9 inch bubbler from dhgate.
It has an 18 mm joint, which will work with my xl herborizer directly. I originally chose this bubbler for the lotus, as I have a glass 18 to 14 mm adaptor.

Basically George suggested I could have the omnivap with an 18 mm VonG vody instead of titanium. However I would like to have the titanium as it wont always be used through water.

The other options are the separate VonG which comes in 14, 18 mm and the stem (which I figure must also come in 18 mm although that is not specified on the site, but I think that is what George has offfered me so it must do).

Otherwise, I believe that the "fat mouthpiece" can be used to attach the vapcap to a 14 mm bubbler. I asked him if this would be a cheaper option than the VonG which is a good bit extra at $35. But he hasn't yet clarified whether the fat moithpiece will fit on the omnivap in place of the metal one. If it did, then it could be attached to the 18 to 14 mm joint converter, as a cheaper option.

I also expressed that I would want some extra moithpieces for friends for hygiene sake (I'm OCD about hygiene and need to be!)
George has kindly offered to include any extra fat mouthpieces I require at no cost.

So one of my questions is: will the at mouthpiece fit on the omnivap and is it easy enough to remove the metal one first? Then I could use it with a friend by swapping them around each go.

And in general, what do you think is the best way to attach the vapcap and omnivap to a glass bubbler? With a 14 mm VonG (and joint adaptor if necessary )or an 18 mm VonG? Or the fat mouthpiece, also 14 mm (again with joint reducer for 18 mm bubbler)?

I ask because, at Vriptech, who really know their stuff vapor wise, they swear by 14 mm for vapor flow, and they are all about the largest inhalations possible, when desired. I have no experience here, with different glass pieces and dimensions etc, for vapor production.
And it may be different for different vaporizers.
So I wondered if denser, larger hits might be more achievable through a water pipe, by running the vapcap through a 14 mm VonG (or fat mouthpiece) and joint converter?
Or would straight 18 mm VonG work best with this vaporizer, providing less draw resistance perhaps, for easier and larger hits when desired?
What is your experience with this anybody please?

And if adding the VonG to my cart is the way to go, would you reccommend the short VonG or the stem? I would think the short VonG would be easier, but would you need to remove the metal moutpiece first or could you just attach the omnivap to the VonG with the metal mouthpiece still on it? I guess it would be quicker and easier to remove the rubber mouthpiece from the vapcap OG to place in the VonG.

That is my main query. Otherwise, I have included some hemp fiber after Squiby suggested it to me as a way to trap particulates (bearing in mind that in my case, some of those particilates could be bug parts). But I would hope that the vapcaps wouldnt allow much if any particulates through, maybe Squibly was maknig that suggestion in more case I went for the lotus at the time. This is not a concern right now though.

Apart from that, there is the question of which lighter to go for out of the triple or the quad, the quad being an extra $5. What is your experience? I am leaning towards one of each right now.
As far as using the vapcaps goes, the only bit I think may be awkward for me is actually twisting the vaporizer around while heating as I have serious problems with my hands and forearms due to infections (tendonitis and repetitive strain injury), so it makes sense that the quad lighter, with a shorter heating time, might be useful for me.

But if you think the quad lighter is superior in general then I may just get 2 of those so my mum also has that lighter for the vapcap. Maybe noise is a factor when it comes to stealth in public, if the quad torch is louder?

I think those are all my questions. I have also added 2 of the magnets which seem to be a great idea for avoiding burnt fingers. The dynastash looks good but I think I can make do without to keep costs down to afford the VonG.
And I do like magnets, we use them at home (neodynium) for pain relief and injuries they are great!

Separately:
I am actually having a 5 week break from vaporizing right now to take a course of homeopathy to treat 4 major infections, Lyme included. When I take homeopathy it causes excessive mucus production in my respiratory system as biofilm is broken up. Excessive mucus production is my main troublesome symptom. Every time I eat food, I have to spend an hour afterwards managing heavy lung congestion with supplements, inhalers and a 45 minute steam inhalation with peppermint, rosemary and eucalyptus, hacking a ton of mucus out of my lungs and sinuses. The steam especially the peppemint oil, is excruciatingly painful ("no pain, no gain") and completely exhausting, but it just has rto be done, after every meal or life becomes unlivable very quickly and could be fatal due to choking on the mucus build up, unable to breathe or do anything.

I could never eat food, and then go out, or go to bed or do anything without going through this hour long rotuine first. And the real killer is that I also must perform this routine after I vaporize. I am actually allergic to weed, but to go without is to go crazy! I get dangerously depressed, and I still enjoy the weed so much, but much more so at times when my infections are under control and symptoms are more easily managed. I am currently working towards that. The weed does still benefit my oberall health and keeps me sane. It supports all bodily systems and is great for Lyme disease. You cant imagine how desparate I am to get past these issues!

So for me to eat a meal, i must perform the steam routine, then if I vaporize at some point, I couldnt eat again until I have done another steam inhalation. Then after I have had my dinner, I will have to do it again. Then if I vaporize again, I will either have to do another steam before going to bed, or else have to do it first thing the next day, taking a good hour from when I get up and leaving me knackered for the day. And whether I vaporize or not, I spend another good few hours throughout the day and night managing these symptoms clearing mucus on a highly restricted diet. My life literally revolves around managing these symptoms and I have experiemented and refined my methods over a decade.

You can see how it kills me, and the mental strength required. Not looking for any sympathy I swear, just giving an insight into my crazy life!
So when I am taking a course of homeopathy it is impossible for me to vaporize for over a month, but this does help conserve my weed thoughout the year. Only 2 1/2 weeks to go now!

Last night though, I boiled up some leaves. Not even proper sugar leaves, kind of in between sugar leaves and trim with very few trichomes. I brought 2 grams of leaves to the boil, added coconut oil and sunflower lecithin for extraction, and simmered for 40 minutes and let steep for an hour. And it was pretty strong so that easy method does work for low potency leaves. I will get another cup out of it today as well.

Right so sorry to go on people. Thank you all so much for your helpfulness and kindness and for all being so open minded and non judgemental. And any advice on the vapcap order will be very appreciated.

Last edited:

Alex03

@Alexis The fat moutpiece is verry flexible and can easily be "pushed" on or "pulled" of between hits.

It also serves well as a 14mm water tooladaptor. You could also use a small pice from an Arizer rubber whip or any other food Grade hoose that fits your connection.
No need for a vong if you dont mind esthetis and want to save some bucks.

Alex03,
Reactions: Morty

Alexis

@Alexis The fat moutpiece is verry flexible and can easily be "pushed" on or "pulled" of between hits.

It also serves well as a 14mm water tooladaptor. You could also use a small pice from an Arizer rubber whip or any other food Grade hoose that fits your connection.
No need for a vong if you dont mind esthetis and want to save some bucks.
Thanks, does it fit on the omnivap? So I could have spares and take off the titanium mouthpiece to use hygienically with friends?

Alexis,

Bad Ocelot

herbivore21 said:
Great to hear brother, I've been having a blast with hash exclusively in my omnivap! I described my tek to mod an S&B SS concentrate pad cut to size and pressed into a solid coil (we can't have loose SS wire in the airpath - please be careful!) using a vise a few pages back. I put this on top of the stock screen in my unit, place the load on top of that and then stuff a small SS pipe screen on top to keep the load in place while air flows through it.

Thanks for the tips! I looked through your posts but didn't see anything more specific that what you've written here, though it doesn't seem to be a complicated procedure.... but I was curious if you had any tips for cutting an S&B pad down to the correct size? I've tried cutting those up for use with hash in the crafty but didn't have great luck. Could be due to a shitty pair of kitchen shears... though I now have a nice-ish flush cutter I use for RDTA wires & such, thinking that might work better. Is there a screen that is the correct size one can easily purchase or should I just whittle down one of my S&B fine screens? Contemplating purchasing some of that black ceramic from w9 as it seems like that might be helpful as well if I could manage to get a tiny donut in there to hold the hash in place. A titanium pad that I could torch clean would be nice too, but since the concentrate pads aren't exactly expensive it's not a huge issue.

I've just been putting a little bit of hash in there loose over the weekend, and while that works I did accidentally combust on a little bit on a couple of occasions. This is some of the dryest hash I've ever had. Quite potent (55-60% THC) but is super dry and crumbly. Would it be unwise to store it in a humid container to rehydrate a bit?

Overall really impressed with the vapcap! Having to restrain myself from picking up a Ti VonG even though my recycler hasn't arrived yet, ha. May put off my enail purchase in order to get one. Definitely gonna pick up a dynastash though.

Alexis

Okay I am just about decided on my exact order from dynavap except one thing now- the torch lighter and which is best.
I am thinking to get one of each, the triple and the quad. The quad because it offers a faster heat up. My only concern is that it might be more noisy, if I was trying to be discreet in my garden for example (we have a school playground at the back of us), and with neighbours etc.

But that is no major concern really just a thought. What does everybody feel about this. Do most poeple unanimously prefer one lighter to another, out of the triple and the quad that dynavap sell? If the quad is a much better performer and makes for more enjoyable experience then I may just get 2 of the quads.

I am ready to order except for this one decision, any help is greatly welcomed.

Also, is there more risk, if any, of accidentally combusting with the quad torch?

FreddieFresh

Okay I am just about decided on my exact order from dynavap except one thing now- the torch lighter and which is best.
I am thinking to get one of each, the triple and the quad. The quad because it offers a faster heat up. My only concern is that it might be more noisy, if I was trying to be discreet in my garden for example (we have a school playground at the back of us), and with neighbours etc.

But that is no major concern really just a thought. What does everybody feel about this. Do most paople unanimously prefer one lighter to another, out of the triple and the quad that dynavap sell? If the quad is a much better performer and makes for more enjoyable experience then I may just get 2 of the quads.

I believe most people prefer the triple or even a single flame compared to the quad, because they seem to allow a more thorough heating before the click

Kalessin

I don't think the 4 would be much noisier, they are not that noisy anyway. The igniter click is the noisiest part. I do think the 4 is overkill.
Yeah, it always confuses me when I see people talking about the noise of torches reducing stealth factor. Torches aren't stealthy, but it's because of how they look. No torch I've ever used was loud enough to be heard from more than a couple feet away

Alexis

Yeah, it always confuses me when I see people talking about the noise of torches reducing stealth factor. Torches aren't stealthy, but it's because of how they look. No torch I've ever used was loud enough to be heard from more than a couple feet away
I bet if I was in my garden on a real quiet day the neighbours the other side of the wall could pick up the slight hiss sound. It is surpirsing how far minute sounds can travel. The noise is only an afterthought I had anyway and nothing to base my decision on.
I will instead base it on what lookhigh just said, that the 4 is overkill, and go purely for the triple torches, unless somebody stops me at the altar in the next hour, by which time I will be free to place my order.
The triples are 5$ cheaper anyway, I just wanted to get the best overall setup, but if lookhigh says 4 is overkill, that is good enough to assure me that the triple will more than suffice.

Kalessin

I bet if I was in my garden on a real quiet day the neighbours the other side of the wall could pick up the slight hiss sound. It is surpirsing how far minute sounds can travel. The noise is only an afterthought I had anyway and nothing to base my decision on.
I will instead base it on what lookhigh just said, that the 4 is overkill, and go purely for the triple torches, unless somebody stops me at the altar in the next hour, by which time I will be free to place my order.
The triples are 5$ cheaper anyway, I just wanted to get the best overall setup, but if lookhigh says 4 is overkill, that is good enough to assure me that the triple will more than suffice.
Maybe I just don't hear well. I can hold any of my torches away from me at arms length with them running in a quiet room and that makes it where I can't hear them

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds

But that is no major concern really just a thought. What does everybody feel about this. Do most poeple unanimously prefer one lighter to another, out of the triple and the quad that dynavap sell? If the quad is a much better performer and makes for more enjoyable experience then I may just get 2 of the quads.

Also, is there more risk, if any, of accidentally combusting with the quad torch?
I think the hotter the torch the sooner it clicks and the lower the temp in the chamber. That's been my experience at least. I think there would be less risk of combustion with the quad.

I literally just now got a quad torch from Dynavap but I won't be able to try it out till later.

Squiby

It almost seems like it can detect how hot it needs to get for the load involved before it clicks. Or maybe I’m just medicated enough to imagine things, because really, this whole VapCap thing is magic….

You have just experienced one of those special moments when you come to realize that yes, the Vapcap is actually magic! :myday: Beautiful vapor filled white magic! Welcome to the wonderfull world of Dynavap!! :tup:

Looks like I have more research to do, all in the name of science.

Thanks for taking one for the team! :clap:

Do most poeple unanimously prefer one lighter to another, out of the triple and the quad that dynavap sell?

I have used everything from a candle, a Bic, a single, double, triple and quad jet lighters. They all work great with slight differences.

The candle and the Bic lighter are the most quiet, completely silent, but they don't work well outside if you have any wind. They also take the longest to heat up the cap, 10 - 12 seconds for the first cycle. Keep the VC above the flame to avoid suet build up.

Single jet lighters may be a bit more conservative on fuel but the heating technique requires that you move the flame up and down the cap as you rotate the VC. It is much less complicated than it sounds and comes quite natural after a bit of practise. But, if you have coordination issues it might not be the best choice.

The triple and quad lighters are the quickest means to getting there, 5 seconds or less for the first cycle. Because of the wider flame, a triple or a quad has the most simple technique. Just hold the lighter steady while rotating the VC. I have Georges quad lighter. It has not failed or clogged up at all. The tank is generous and lasts quite a long time. It comes with a very attractive sleeve to store it in. It's a very nice lighter. I recommend it.

All jet lighters make a sound but as others have mentioned the lighter ignition click the loudest part of it and over in a fraction of a second. They really don't make much sound at all.

I get my best results when I heat the lower half of the cap for the first cycle to reach higher initial temps and then switch to heating the top half of the cap for the next two cycles. You will want to play around with how you heat your cap to align with the degree of moisture in your flowers and how brown you like to toast them.

Just remember to respect both the heating and the cooling click and you WILL NOT combust, ever.

Last edited:

Alexis

You have just experienced one of those special moments when you come to realize that yes, the Vapcap is actually magic! :myday: Beautiful vapor filled white magic! Welcome to the wonderfull world of Dynavap!! :tup:

Thanks for taking one for the team! :clap:

I have used everything from a candle, a Bic, a single, double, triple and quad jet lighters. They all work great with slight differences.

The candle and the Bic lighter are the most quiet, completely silent, but they don't work well outside if you have any wind. They also take the longest to heat up the cap, 10 - 12 seconds for the first cycle. Keep the VC above the flame to avoid suet build up.

Single jet lighters may be a bit more conservative on fuel but the heating technique requires that you move the flame up and down the cap as you rotate the VC. It is much less complicated than it sounds and comes quite natural after a bit of practise. But, if you have coordination issues it might not be the best choice.

The triple and quad lighters are the quickest means to getting there, 5 seconds or less for the first cycle. Because of the wider flame, a triple or a quad has the most simple technique. Just hold the lighter steady while rotating the VC. I have Georges quad lighter. It has not failed or clogged up at all. The tank is generous and lasts quite a long time. It comes with a very attractive sleeve to store it in. It's a very nice lighter. I recommend it.

All jet lighters make a sound but as others have mentioned the lighter ignition click the loudest part of it and over in a fraction of a second. They really don't make much sound at all.

I get my best results when I heat the lower half of the cap for the first cycle to reach higher initial temps and then switch to heating the top half of the cap for the next two cycles. You will want to play around with how you heat your cap to align with the degree of moisture in your flowers and how brown you like to toast them.

Just remember to respect both the heating and the cooling click and you WILL NOT combust, ever.
Thanks again Squiby. I was going to change my mind based on lookhigh's comment and get 2 triple torches, but going by your experiences I think I will revert to plan A and get one of each.
I will do that now. Thanks so much you have been very helpful.
About the sound, it really isnt a concern of mine, I just have a mind that considers even the smallest of things. Yes I know the click of the torch is the real giveaway, but if one could overhear a slight hiss every time following the click, then their senses would subconsciously tune into the hiss after being alerted by the click. I just like to be invisible so to speak, not to have others clocking patterns of behaviour or even my whereabouts when there may be no giveaways otherwise.
But like I say, it's not a real issue, just a thought.

Top Bottom