Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Any advice on preferred restriction for using the omni natively (not through water or anything just mouth pulling)? If I'm not mistaken, I saw a post a long while back, can't seem to find it again): that stated it works best if you go pretty close to complete restriction with omni? I'm pretty sure I saw someone day something about if you put it just right you won't even have to use the carb. TIA
I used to use a lot of restriction so I didn't have to use the carb as much. Now that I have more VapCaps I opened up the airflow to max or close to it on the Omni to take advantage of its capabilities. It has really good airflow like this, and I use the carb to increase vapor density.

I do increase the restriction when using the Omni with water, in addition to working the carb. I find it milks better with some restriction.

lookhigh

FC member
To grind or not, lots of different opinions. I never grind with any of my vapes.
Getting on very well with my omni. No need for a review as its all been said before.
Using the 3,2,1 rule as i now call it.
First heatup 3 twiddles past the click, second heatup 2 past the click etc.
Still do not know which is my favorite, og or omni?

Alexis

Hey everyone. I have developed an interest in the vapcap, I was initially sold on the lotus but Squiby kindly messaged me and told me that has allergies like me and much prefers the vapcap which is far less harsh than the lotus.
Now I am leaning towards the vapcap, but I want the best perfomrming model. I knid of presume that may be the omnivap. I have tried to email George throuh his site, but the message will not send at the moment. It appears his site is not running right on my tablet, while all other pages are working fine. I just wondered if anybody else has noticed any issues with the vapcap website lately? I have persuaded myself that the Lotus will be too risky for my sensitive lungs, though I was reluctant at first. If I am to go for vapcap, I want the best performing model that offers the biggest hits when desired, and if that is to be the omni, then I dont want to miss the $155 preorder price, as there will be additional customs to the UK, so I am keen to get my query to George quickly.
Does anybody know of a direct email address if I cannot get my meassge to go through on the site?
Apologies to any moderators if any of this is innapropriate here.

Edit: i cant get onto the vapcap website at all now from google.

Last edited:

Squiby

Hey everyone. I have developed an interest in the vapcap, I was initially sold on the lotus but Squiby kindly messaged me and told me that has allergies like me and much prefers the vapcap which is far less harsh than the lotus.
Now I am leaning towards the vapcap, but I want the best perfomrming model. I knid of presume that may be the omnivap. I have tried to email George throuh his site, but the message will not send at the moment. It appears his site is not running right on my tablet, while all other pages are working fine. I just wondered if anybody else has noticed any issues with the vapcap website lately? I have persuaded myself that the Lotus will be too risky for my sensitive lungs, though I was reluctant at first. If I am to go for vapcap, I want the best performing model that offers the biggest hits when desired, and if that is to be the omni, then I dont want to miss the $155 preorder price, as there will be additional customs to the UK, so I am keen to get my query to George quickly.
Does anybody know of a direct email address if I cannot get my meassge to go through on the site?
Apologies to any moderators if any of this is innapropriate here.

Edit: i cant get onto the vapcap website at all now from google.

The Dynavap line of vaporizers are fantastic. My daily drivers were the Vapman and the Lotus until I discovered the Vapcap. Now, I use the Vapcap exclusively and all others sit around gathering dust.

All the Vapcap models are excellent performers. They provide very smooth cool vapor. The cap of the Vapcap is heated with a jet lighter or any other heat source really. When the cap clicks the temperature is ready for toking. As the cap cools down it clicks again to let you know that it is ready to be heated again. Heat then toke. No butane in the airpath. No heating while toking.

The Omnivap is their top of the line vape. It has two key characteristics that sets it apart from the other Ti tipped models (Ti Woody, Ti Woody S and the Ti Woody XLS).

First, the Omni is constructed of all metal save for a few orings and most of it is titanium. It can be considered indestructible.

Second, the condenser tube is threaded into the titanium mouthpiece. This allows the mouthpiece to screw the condenser in or out of the titanium tip (bowl) thereby increasing or decreasing the airflow restriction. Basically it is a set it and forget it feature.

The other Ti tipped Vapcaps use orings to secure the condenser and air restriction is controlled through the use of the carb hole by covering it with your finger (or an oring inside the body) or feathering it with your finger.

The Omni body can be switched out with other bodies for aesthetics and function. Straight bodies are available in a variety of wood species as well as carbon fiber. VonG bodies are available in 14mm and 18mm widths for use with water tools.

You can contact them at Matt@Dynavap.com if the contact page is not working.

Welcome to the FC Forum and the Dynavap thread. You will find it worthwhile reading the thread as there is a lot of great info, advice and stories here. It's a great bunch of people here and we are happy to answer your questions.

Last edited:

Alexis

The Dynavap line of vaporizers are fantastic. My daily drivers were the Vapman and the Lotus until I discovered the Vapcap. Now, I use the Vapcap exclusively and all others sit around gathering dust.

All the Vapcap models are excellent performers. They provide very smooth cool vapor. The cap of the Vapcap is heated with a jet lighter or any other heat source really. When the cap clicks the temperature is ready for toking. As the cap cools down it clicks again to let you know that it is ready to be heated again. Heat then toke. No butane in the airpath. No heating while toking.

The Omnivap is their top of the line vape. It has two key characteristics that set it apart from the other Ti tipped models (Ti Woody, Ti Woody S and the Ti Woody XLS).

First, the Omni is constructed of all metal save for a few orings and most of it is titanium. It can be considered indestructible.

Second, the condenser tube is threaded into the titanium mouthpiece. This allows the mouthpiece to screw the condenser in or out of the titanium tip (bowl) thereby increasing or decreasing the airflow restriction. Basically it is a set it and forget it feature.

The other Ti tipped Vapcaps use orings to secure the condenser and air restriction is controlled through the use of the carb hole by covering it with your finger (or an oring inside the body) or feathering it with your finger.

The Omni body can be switched out with other bodies for aesthetics and function. Straight bodies are available in a variety of wood species as well as carbon fiber. VonG bodies are available in 14mm and 18mm widths for use with water tools.

Welcome to the FC Forum and the Dynavap thread. You will find it worthwhile reading the thread as there is a lot of great info, advice and stories here. It's a great bunch of people here and we are happy to answer your questions.
Thank you again, I am always touched by warm willingness to help. I have been a member for 18 months, but health issues prohobit me from much except surviial usually.

You have been very helpful so far. George also pm'd me his email, so I have sent him my message that wouldn't go through on their site. I will see what he says, and if there is anything else I am curious to know I will check back here soon.
Please excuse my many typos, I have issues with hands and arms due to infections in my nervous system. I can spell good, but try to minimise strain when typing.

Last edited:

PeteSeattle

To grind or not, lots of different opinions. I never grind with any of my vapes.
Getting on very well with my omni. No need for a review as its all been said before.
Using the 3,2,1 rule as i now call it.
First heatup 3 twiddles past the click, second heatup 2 past the click etc.
Still do not know which is my favorite, og or omni?
Last night I did another grind vs nugg. Now I really can't tell. I lost track after what ever cycle. I feel as if the VC doesn't care how you load it. Just respect the click. Either way I was into the ethers last night.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Alexis

In my opinion the Original glass (OG) VapCap has a slight edge when it comes to performance and the biggest hits.

My OmniVap is right behind it as far as performance. It has the adjustable airflow so it is the most fully featured Vap. It is also extremely durable and is the perfect backup vaporizer as you don't have to worry about it ever breaking.

The Omni and OG make a great pair. Since you're in the U.K. I would suggest getting both, the OG is cheap enough to almost be an impulse buy. They would make great stocking stuffers for Christmas!

If you have sensitive lungs I think you will be very pleased with the Dynavap products. I find them to be very smooth, not harsh in the slightest. My Omni is my smoothest Vap, if you open up the airflow to minimum restriction it is very cool and airy.

Alexis

@Alexis

In my opinion the Original glass (OG) VapCap has a slight edge when it comes to performance and the biggest hits.

My OmniVap is right behind it as far as performance. It has the adjustable airflow so it is the most fully featured Vap. It is also extremely durable and is the perfect backup vaporizer as you don't have to worry about it ever breaking.

The Omni and OG make a great pair. Since you're in the U.K. I would suggest getting both, the OG is cheap enough to almost be an impulse buy. They would make great stocking stuffers for Christmas!

If you have sensitive lungs I think you will be very pleased with the Dynavap products. I find them to be very smooth, not harsh in the slightest. My Omni is my smoothest Vap, if you open up the airflow to minimum restriction it is very cool and airy.
Thank you for the advice. Now Im thinking both would be a good idea. My mum took over ownership of my magic flight launch box years back, I never got on with it. But I am sure she would be better with a vapcap, so I could have 2 and we interchange if needs be.
I am yet to hear from George, but I am growing increasingly comfident about the vapcap. So I am mentally assembling my cart from them.
I have a few questions regarding bits and pieces, so if anything is left unanswered after George gets back to me, I will ask you guys and girls.
I am surprised to hear you say that about the OG performing better, but that is a really good thing, and the sign of a great company not at all out to fleece anybody, similar to the Vriptech folks. Thats the impression I get anyway.
Although what you say about the performance kind of makes it harder for me to justify the extra cash for the omnivap, which I have been trying to convince myself will be well justified in the long run.

I will also tell my neighbour about the vapcap. She has been searching for a decent, affordable vaporizer for a long time. She recently got a cheap vape pen but gave up saying itis costing her far more herb than smoking joints.
That should never be the case with a vaporizer. In my experience, sonce I have vaporized exclusively since 2008, the herb I have used in that time would not have lasted even half that time with ANY method of smoking it.

It must be her cheapy and surely rubbish vape pen just wasting the herb for nothing. I will try and persuade her to give the
OG a try.

The Omnivap is their top of the line vape. It has two key characteristics that sets it apart from the other Ti tipped models (Ti Woody, Ti Woody S and the Ti Woody XLS).

I am so very sorry Squiby I think I may have referred to you several times as a "he". Im just so used to most members here being male, but I had a feeling you may in fact be a she and just checked. No offence intended, Im sure you didnt take any as you seem very well rounded emotionally and very forgiving I imagine, but nonetheless!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Although what you say about the performance kind of makes it harder for me to justify the extra cash for the omnivap, which I have been trying to convince myself will be well justified in the long run.
The OmniVap is a great investment as it will literally last a lifetime. It's understandable if you're hesitant to spend that much more. I would still recommend getting a Ti Woody in that case. The OG is good but like anything made of glass the potential is there for it to break. Trust me, once you've tried a Vap you won't want to be without. It's good to have a more durable one as backup.

Also, I don't want to give the wrong impression, it's not a huge gap in performance between models. I just find a slight edge with the OG. Any Vap is going to give great results, producing smooth, flavorful vapor from small amounts of material with surprisingly potent effects.

Squiby

Now Im thinking both would be a good idea.

I agree. Everyone should have at least one OG Vapcap!

I am surprised to hear you say that about the OG performing better, but that is a really good thing,

There are two primary types of Vapcap; those with a one piece bowl and body and those that have a modular Ti bowl (tip).

Heating a glass tip and a Ti tip gives slightly different results. I prefer the Ti tip but many prefer the glass and the rubber mouthpiece.

The OG Vapcap is fragile and if you drop it, it will likely break. But the price point is very low. It is the VC that I would take on a trip because I would be able carry on if I lost it or had to leave it behind. The OGs make great stocking stuffers!

She recently got a cheap vape pen but gave up

Vape pens are notorious for poor performance and lifespan. The OG will swim laps around any pen you can throw at it.

In addition to the great performance the Vapcaps provide, you will find that they are a very flower conservative vape. A little will go a long way.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I have a question / observation that I haven’t seen posted, but wouldn’t be sure how to search for it anyway.

Last night, I filled a bowl on my OG about 2/3 full and took 3 hits. The first two were really flavorful but not much vapor, and the third one had a lot of vapor. The first hit took the longest to get to the click stage, then shorter times for each of the successive hits, which has been normal for me for the short time I’ve been using the VapCap. I’m usually really medicated after the third hit.

This morning, I thought I would empty it and refill to have a few hits before I went out and did some yard work, but the load looked like it had quite a bit of green left, so I decided to use it instead. The bowl took longer to get to the click on the first hit than when using freshly packed material, and produced about as much vapor as hit number 3 when starting from fresh. I decided to wait a few minutes before taking another hit to see if I actually needed/wanted another one, and I decided I did not, as I was well medicated from the one hit. I was using the same torch each time, and heating the cap the same way also, so the stage of doneness of the load seemed to be the only variable. After the one hit this morning, the AVB was dark brown, but not combusted.

It surprised me to see the amount of vapor from the first hit of the partially used bowl, and that it took a few seconds longer to get to the click. It almost seems like it can detect how hot it needs to get for the load involved before it clicks. Or maybe I’m just medicated enough to imagine things, because really, this whole VapCap thing is magic….

Whatever, the yard work was fun, and two hours later, I’m still surprisingly medicated.

Alexis

In addition to the great performance the Vapcaps provide, you will find that they are a very flower conservative vape. A little will go a long way.[/QUOTE]
In addition to the great performance the Vapcaps provide, you will find that they are a very flower conservative vape. A little will go a long way.

This is a big draw for me, and one factor in particular which attracted me to the lotus. For the last 11 years, I have not been able to tolerate any weed unless I can produce it myself as I am extremely allergic to virtually all fertilisers, even organic ones, but especially anything chemical.
My mum and I have been worknig hard the last 4 years now in poor UK weather, and in a far from ideal location, to produce enough meds each summer to comfortably last all year round, battling damp and mold, insects etc, and of course without adequate plant food due to my allergies.
I have not once yet since being unwell from 2005, been in a position where I did not have to ration my supply with extended breaks else run clean out by spring time.
Last year we did very well and for the first time ever there was an ample amount, however we trialed an organic fox farm fertilser which to my heartbreak I was very allergic to, and the whole lot was no good to me. So I rationed leftover undesirable scraps from previous years, vaping only once or twice a week.
This year the plan was to make ammends, but we trialed bat guano with a few, and a humboldt liquid with a few, and left a few plain. I thought the bat guano would definitely be okay. But both the trialed ferts are no good for me undortunately, but lickily the few ones without did well enough for me to make do for the year. Except that they got infested with tiny bugs almost too small to see. I cant afford to chuck any of it, and will be going through each bud with a jewellers loupe and fine tweezers to remove them all.

A bit of a bind, but it can be done, and I dont think the bugs should be too much of a hazard I hope anyway if I miss a few, it must be pretty commom, you wouldnt even notice unless you knew they were there.
So under the circumstances, the efficiency factor of the vapcap will be very useful to me. Thanks for bringing that up again!

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
This is a big draw for me, and one factor in particular which attracted me to the lotus. For the last 11 years, I have not been able to tolerate any weed unless I can produce it myself as I am extremely allergic to virtually all fertilisers, even organic ones, but especially anything chemical.
My mum and I have been worknig hard the last 4 years now in poor UK weather, and in a far from ideal location, to produce enough meds each summer to comfortably last all year round, battling damp and mold, insects etc, and of course without adequate plant food due to my allergies.
I have not once yet since being unwell from 2005, been in a position where I did not have to ration my supply with extended breaks else run clean out by spring time.
Last year we did very well and for the first time ever there was an ample amount, however we trialed an organic fox farm fertilser which to my heartbreak I was very allergic to, and the whole lot was no good to me. So I rationed leftover undesirable scraps from previous years, vaping only once or twice a week.
This year the plan was to make ammends, but we trialed bat guano with a few, and a humboldt liquid with a few, and left a few plain. I thought the bat guano would definitely be okay. But both the trialed ferts are no good for me undortunately, but lickily the few ones without did well enough for me to make do for the year. Except that they got infested with tiny bugs almost too small to see. I cant afford to chuck any of it, and will be going through each bud with a jewellers loupe and fine tweezers to remove them all.

A bit of a bind, but it can be done, and I dont think the bugs should be too much of a hazard U hope anyway if I miss a few, it must be pretty commom, you wouldnt even notice unless you knew they were there.
So under the circumstances, the efficiency factor of the vapcap will be very useful to me. Thanks for bringing that up again!
I'm sorry to hear about your allergies, that must be very difficult to live with.

You might want to look into making bubble hash. The water processing is supposed to be good for removing residue from fertilizers and pesticides. If you still have the unsuccessful batches it's worth a shot to see if it makes them usable.

It's supposed to work well for long term storage. And the VapCap is apparently one of the best vapes for using it.

Paging @herbivore21!

collegeKid101

Is the clip supposed to be touching the screen in the cap? The screen and clip pretty stuck in there but there's a little gap between them, is this normal or how can I push it down?

collegeKid101,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I have a question / observation that I haven’t seen posted, but wouldn’t be sure how to search for it anyway.

Last night, I filled a bowl on my OG about 2/3 full and took 3 hits. The first two were really flavorful but not much vapor, and the third one had a lot of vapor. The first hit took the longest to get to the click stage, then shorter times for each of the successive hits, which has been normal for me for the short time I’ve been using the VapCap. I’m usually really medicated after the third hit.

This morning, I thought I would empty it and refill to have a few hits before I went out and did some yard work, but the load looked like it had quite a bit of green left, so I decided to use it instead. The bowl took longer to get to the click on the first hit than when using freshly packed material, and produced about as much vapor as hit number 3 when starting from fresh. I decided to wait a few minutes before taking another hit to see if I actually needed/wanted another one, and I decided I did not, as I was well medicated from the one hit. I was using the same torch each time, and heating the cap the same way also, so the stage of doneness of the load seemed to be the only variable. After the one hit this morning, the AVB was dark brown, but not combusted.

It surprised me to see the amount of vapor from the first hit of the partially used bowl, and that it took a few seconds longer to get to the click. It almost seems like it can detect how hot it needs to get for the load involved before it clicks. Or maybe I’m just medicated enough to imagine things, because really, this whole VapCap thing is magic….

Whatever, the yard work was fun, and two hours later, I’m still surprisingly medicated.
I'm not sure what the question is... :lol:

Yeah I've noticed that the first hit on fresh packed material can be very thin and tasty, then progressively thicker. Don't forget it goes from lowest boiling point to higher, so you get the water moisture and terpenes vaporizing... if you dry your material out well before loading you'll notice thicker hits quicker. And since it's conduction mostly and some convection, the first hit with the torch takes longer from cold than it would if it were warm. I too am pleased with the effects from the Vapcap even compared to an LSV.

Top Bottom