Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
IMG_8725.jpg

Would you mind testing to see if the omni's glass or titanium body would fit in that small compartment?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yeah I actually never put any material in my stash for this reason, based on experience with old my old combustion dugout, obviously wasn't enough of a connoisseur back then to care, but it sure was convenient... I've just been using my stash as nice storage and for the magnet really (I actually have not taken a VapCap out and about even once, so really no need for stashing, would've gotten a double like @vapen00b instead, maybe for my eventual second stash, hard to resist that gorgeous wood!) Like my old TiWoody my DynaStash was also one of a kind, early batch before the magnets were placed more even like they are now, but in a special zebrawood (okay so the bacotes seem to get pretty zebra-y now too so maybe not quite that exclusive anymore...) Anyway here it is with that old TiWoody:
4Mhw740.jpg

Thanks, Snacks, it's a "heritage Heirloom", vintage piece

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I agree with @Shit Snacks @lookhigh. I love my dynastsh but haven't had the occasion to travel. But will use it certainly going to friends places. I do, however use an organizer for my VAS parts separate from the stash. It's small, compact, and fits all the components. Hoping for an Ed version when he sees this.

IMG_8725.jpg
Ooooooooh, wood with a magnetic lid. I absolutely love wooden-y magnet-y stuff.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I agree with @Shit Snacks @lookhigh. I love my dynastsh but haven't had the occasion to travel. But will use it certainly going to friends places. I do, however use an organizer for my VAS parts separate from the stash. It's small, compact, and fits all the components. Hoping for an Ed version when he sees this.

IMG_8725.jpg

I love it! Thank you for posting the link. And I'm drooling over that turquoise glass body.... I need one of those.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Thanks again for all of your advice @herbivore21! :tup: :D

I made a concentrate Ti tip to your exact specifications. It was easy and didn't take much time at all. The first try I loaded some slightly crumbly live resin, about the size of a grain of rice. I got good flavor, but didn't get very big hits, even heating past the click. It was ok.

Second try I loaded twice as much, about two grains of rice worth. I may have heated too far past the click because flavor wasn't as good but the hits were massive and kept coming. Vapor started pouring out of the air intake as I stopped heating so I'm pretty sure it was too much heat from poor technique that killed the flavor. The effects were still out of this world, very pleased overall with the second attempt. I think I will nail it on the third or fourth try.

It is very easy to use and not messy so far, I was worried about that. I think I'm going to get a dedicated OG to use as a concentrate "pen". You can't beat the price, performance, or reliability!

And I could harvest the CCD and use it with my VonG, since it's kind of redundant when using concentrates.

Last edited:

VaporChase

How was everyone's turnover time from order completed to liftoff (first use and trip to the moon)?

Ordered on the 6th, nothing yet. My wait time is nothing compared to some posts here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap-shipping-discussion.20415/page-12

Got me an OG from PIU to hold me over and it's more than enough. As a first time user and dry herb vaper, that thing can be tricky in the sense that the vapor often times isn't visible and it can really creep up on you.

Ruta

I would like to say many thanks to @phattpiggie for crafting me a beautiful new stem for my tiwoody.....

9hqALOrh.jpg

I much prefer the way it feels and sits in my hand now...and I do love a bit of brass...

A friend visited me the other day and asked if it was my fountain pen...

Very elegant...

Also thanks to @Ruta, and @phattpiggie again for the new ccd screens....

Filtering down to the riff raff........

I love my vapcap even more now.....

That's a beauty, very elegant.

I've still a few screens if any more UK/EU peeps want to upgrade to the CCD ones, i personally think they are easier to clean and very durable also.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Just tested and the only way to fit the body would be the cavity above it next to the Omni sized slot. The small one fits a Ti tip, mouthpieces, o rings, or a little stash.

IMG_0350.jpg
Thank you so much for that, I wish I could give you multiple "likes". :tup:

:clap::clap::clap:

I might have to get one of these, it seems perfect for my situation. It could fit my three Vaps, extra Omni body, and one or both of my pipe bit 14mm water adapters.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I had to order one. I'm a sucker for wooden boxes, and this one looks like it will work perfectly. I have a Dynastash ER coming my way, probably tomorrow, but it only holds one VC, so this will be great for my Omni and extra bodies.

collegeKid101

Ordered on the 6th, nothing yet. My wait time is nothing compared to some posts here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap-shipping-discussion.20415/page-12

Got me an OG from PIU to hold me over and it's more than enough. As a first time user and dry herb vaper, that thing can be tricky in the sense that the vapor often times isn't visible and it can really creep up on you.

I had no idea that was a thing, thanks! I'll take my shipping anxiety to that forum lol I've been trying not to give in to ordering an OG from PIU but I just might have to

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings,

The past week has been pretty intense and awesome at the same time. We were preparing for our trip to Chicago on Friday.
Then I went to a local state park on Saturday and hiked the bluffs and though this might be a good spot for a few pictures.
This is devil's lake.

IMG_20160910_141141026_zpszm3gqgi9.jpg

And one off the bluffs.

IMG_20160910_143810860_HDR_zpsejwcqwfo.jpg

And then making my way through the woods, I found this really neat mushroom.

IMG_20160910_144816998_HDR_zpsgmv6vklx.jpg

So next to it is a OmniVap Carbon on one of my first generation DynaStash models.

So come Monday we were up and going at 420am to meet at the shop and head to Chicago around 5. Google maps said it was about 2.5 hours. I figured this would give us at least an hour to spare to deal with traffic and parking.
Wow was I wrong. A short stop for gas, and an unreasonable amount of traffic, we were late before we even arrived. Then of course, the exit was closed and the parking was full. So we finally get in to IMTS (a rather large manufacturing trade show only held every other year at McCormick place) an hour late, and got right to work.

IMG_20160912_102617363_zpsl75g4u8w.jpg

I sure like this show. It is one of the few places I am almost guaranteed to see things I've never seen before, and just be inspired. Just to see the new technology and materials is awesome.

Then to top it all off, our new laser arrived! A LASER... This means we get to manipulate materials with photons. How cool is that?

Cheers,

George

herbivore21

Greetings,

The past week has been pretty intense and awesome at the same time. We were preparing for our trip to Chicago on Friday.
Then I went to a local state park on Saturday and hiked the bluffs and though this might be a good spot for a few pictures.
This is devil's lake.

IMG_20160910_141141026_zpszm3gqgi9.jpg

And one off the bluffs.

IMG_20160910_143810860_HDR_zpsejwcqwfo.jpg

And then making my way through the woods, I found this really neat mushroom.

IMG_20160910_144816998_HDR_zpsgmv6vklx.jpg

So next to it is a OmniVap Carbon on one of my first generation DynaStash models.

So come Monday we were up and going at 420am to meet at the shop and head to Chicago around 5. Google maps said it was about 2.5 hours. I figured this would give us at least an hour to spare to deal with traffic and parking.
Wow was I wrong. A short stop for gas, and an unreasonable amount of traffic, we were late before we even arrived. Then of course, the exit was closed and the parking was full. So we finally get in to IMTS (a rather large manufacturing trade show only held every other year at McCormick place) an hour late, and got right to work.

IMG_20160912_102617363_zpsl75g4u8w.jpg

I sure like this show. It is one of the few places I am almost guaranteed to see things I've never seen before, and just be inspired. Just to see the new technology and materials is awesome.

Then to top it all off, our new laser arrived! A LASER... This means we get to manipulate materials with photons. How cool is that?

Cheers,

George
All great news, and man do I ever gotta get me a carbon body for my omnivap! Are those gonna be good with solvents for cleaning and can this be arranged? :D

Edit: I should say I expect this to be solvent safe, carbon is very, very solvent safe as anybody familiar with this topic knows.

Is it a Carbon fiber reinforced polymer material and if so (purely out of curiosity), do we know which base polymer was used?

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
man do I ever gotta get me a carbon body for my omnivap! ...can this be arranged? :D
It certainly can be arranged! :brow:

Shoot them an email for the details. I've got one on the way, along with another OG that I will turn into a concentrate "pen" thanks to your very helpful and detailed instructions. :clap:

George is often referred to as a wizard, I say it a lot myself. I'm a big fan of most of his magic, but the one trick that's not so great is how he keeps making money disappear from my bank account! Just when I think my collection is complete he comes out with more cool stuff...

And let's not forget Matt. He's very helpful and friendly. I imagine his job must be very difficult keeping up with all of the special orders, additions to current orders, and requests for info from prospective customers.

PeteSeattle

Don't think we didn't notice that sweet turquoise, Pete.
Sharp eye :D
It's supposed to be emerald green but does look turquoise in the light.

Ok, I caved and purchased the OG (the extra just for concentrates) and pyrovap combo ... I do ejuice and now I don't want to bother with making coils, wicks, checking ohms/resistance, etc.

More glass examples soon!:rockon:

Bad Ocelot

Received my vapcap s today, really impressed! Works well with the hash I've got. I am curious as to what all types of screens you all are using? The included one works pretty well but did suck a little hash dust through on one occasion.

Now I've gotta take a quick vapcap nap lol.

Squiby

I am curious as to what all types of screens you all are using?

I have replaced my ceramic screens with 8mm titanium screens. They pop in nicely and I secure them with the same resistance clip that holds in the ceramic screen.

unySiVY.jpg

I got mine from eBay.

I plan on using these until George releases his new CCD screens for the Ti tipped Vapcaps.

My lungs are pretty sensitive and I have found that by taking a bit of degummed hemp fiber, forming it into a small pancake and placing it at the bottom of the bowl removes all particulate from the airpath and delivers the smoothest vapor you can imagine.

DeGummed Hemp Fiber

I don't know who here first recommended this approach but it just takes the pleasure of vaping up a notch.

Last edited:

herbivore21

It certainly can be arranged! :brow:

Shoot them an email for the details. I've got one on the way, along with another OG that I will turn into a concentrate "pen" thanks to your very helpful and detailed instructions. :clap:

George is often referred to as a wizard, I say it a lot myself. I'm a big fan of most of his magic, but the one trick that's not so great is how he keeps making money disappear from my bank account! Just when I think my collection is complete he comes out with more cool stuff...

And let's not forget Matt. He's very helpful and friendly. I imagine his job must be very difficult keeping up with all of the special orders, additions to current orders, and requests for info from prospective customers.
Glad to have helped man, I have used w9 oil pens for a long time but they (and all oil pens IME) are just no good for hash (even full melt, despite these pens being the best of the proper oil pens IME). I have found that the omnivap replaces oil pens very nicely indeed! It allows me to have a lighter full of gas so that I don't have the problem of battery powered vapes not having enough charge when I suddenly/unexpectedly need to go out.

It is basically serving as a hash 'one-hitter' vape for me atm. Fill up a large load of 4 star and then take large rips off that one bowl for 1/3 of the day, then reload after that bowl is spent (gives about 5-10 big rips depending on just how big you want to go!). This is so much more useful for my medical needs especially in public over flower vapes and oil pens. Hash is just much better than oil for my needs. More terps > more THC IMO.

@herbivore21 it can be found on the Ti carbon s page, in the options drop down you can select carbon omni....if not finding it was the only thing saving you money then....my bad:rofl:
Cheers brother, no problem on the spending of money - I control my own funds, am gainfully employed and am a medical user - this means all of these purchases are an investment in my health. Sounds pretty responsible now doesn't it? lol :D

Received my vapcap s today, really impressed! Works well with the hash I've got. I am curious as to what all types of screens you all are using? The included one works pretty well but did suck a little hash dust through on one occasion.

Now I've gotta take a quick vapcap nap lol.
Great to hear brother, I've been having a blast with hash exclusively in my omnivap! I described my tek to mod an S&B SS concentrate pad cut to size and pressed into a solid coil (we can't have loose SS wire in the airpath - please be careful!) using a vise a few pages back. I put this on top of the stock screen in my unit, place the load on top of that and then stuff a small SS pipe screen on top to keep the load in place while air flows through it.

I get the feeling that the dynavap range of vapes are going to gain a lot of popularity for concentrate use ;) @VapCap has done well to design a flower based vape that actually IMO lends itself more to concentrate use than flowers with slight modifications (despite many loving to use it for flowers of course :) ).

IMO already I find it hard to justify using a torch and nail setup over the omnivap! Obviously, an enail is another story but that is not so portable and the omnivap fills a niche regardless - got concentrates that don't fully melt? Put them in the omnivap.

EDIT: @Squiby perhaps you can help me out here - why do folks seem to replace their ceramic screens?

Squiby

perhaps you can help me out here - why do folks seem to replace their ceramic screens?

The ceramic screens don't need to be replaced, they work just fine. However, they are a bit fragile and can get gunky. They do clean up nicely with a torch.

The Titanium screens are indestructible. There is no chance of breaking them and they don't seem to get gunked up as much. When you dump your load the bottom of the bowl always looks nice. Some feel the airpath improves with the Ti screens. I personally prefer the Ti screens over the ceramic screens, but for me the difference is negligible.

I do look forward to trying the new CCD screens for the Ti Vapcaps. Hopefully they will be available soon.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Glad to have helped man, I have used w9 oil pens for a long time but they (and all oil pens IME) are just no good for hash (even full melt, despite these pens being the best of the proper oil pens IME). I have found that the omnivap replaces oil pens very nicely indeed! It allows me to have a lighter full of gas so that I don't have the problem of battery powered vapes not having enough charge when I suddenly/unexpectedly need to go out.

It is basically serving as a hash 'one-hitter' vape for me atm. Fill up a large load of 4 star and then take large rips off that one bowl for 1/3 of the day, then reload after that bowl is spent (gives about 5-10 big rips depending on just how big you want to go!). This is so much more useful for my medical needs especially in public over flower vapes and oil pens. Hash is just much better than oil for my needs. More terps > more THC IMO.

Cheers brother, no problem on the spending of money - I control my own funds, am gainfully employed and am a medical user - this means all of these purchases are an investment in my health. Sounds pretty responsible now doesn't it? lol :D

Great to hear brother, I've been having a blast with hash exclusively in my omnivap! I described my tek to mod an S&B SS concentrate pad cut to size and pressed into a solid coil (we can't have loose SS wire in the airpath - please be careful!) using a vise a few pages back. I put this on top of the stock screen in my unit, place the load on top of that and then stuff a small SS pipe screen on top to keep the load in place while air flows through it.

I get the feeling that the dynavap range of vapes are going to gain a lot of popularity for concentrate use ;) @VapCap has done well to design a flower based vape that actually IMO lends itself more to concentrate use than flowers with slight modifications (despite many loving to use it for flowers of course :) ).

IMO already I find it hard to justify using a torch and nail setup over the omnivap! Obviously, an enail is another story but that is not so portable and the omnivap fills a niche regardless - got concentrates that don't fully melt? Put them in the omnivap.

EDIT: @Squiby perhaps you can help me out here - why do folks seem to replace their ceramic screens?

I do love my oil, but I'm jealous of all your talk about hash. I have no real experience using concentrate pens other than briefly using ones that weren't mine. I'm usually using flowers anyway, but the whole concentrate pen scene is a little intimidating with all of the options available, messing with different coils and wicks, etc. The VapCap and your coil design are both dead simple and easy to use. :clap:

When you dump your load the bottom of the bowl always looks nice. Some feel the airpath improves with the Ti screens.

The Ti screens do seem to improve airflow and extraction for me, and the CCDs improve upon the Ti further in both areas. And it's simply aesthetic but I am one of those people that doesn't like looking at a grungy brown ceramic screen. I'd rather see a shiny Ti screen when I empty the chamber.

Kalessin

I plan on using these until George releases his new CCD screens for the Ti tipped Vapcaps.
I'm still wondering exactly why George is thinking the CCDs need improvement before use in the ti tips. Mine slots in so perfectly and snugly with no need for anything else done to it, and others have reported the same. @VapCap care to weigh in? I'm sure you have a good reason for holding off, I just can't think of what it is

Top Bottom