btka

got my two og vapcaps today... one has a one carb hole ane the other two? why? and I also got some sort of fibre with itin my opinion hemp... is this meant for use with concentrates or as amspaceholdermin the tube thenvapcapncomes in?
did not use them will use them tonight...

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Thanks again for another great response @herbivore21!

My concentrates fully melt and should leave no residue other than reclaim. I hadn't thought about using the digger outer to remove the top screen, seems obvious now. :doh:

Interesting thoughts on Ti vs glass. My OG seems to reach the cool down click faster than my Ti for some reason. I'll have to time it to make sure. It also seems to reach higher temps natively. By this I mean I have to heat past the click with my Ti tips to get similar performance with flowers as my OG.

Of course, all of my VapCaps have different screens so that muddies the issue too. It could be the higher airflow of the CCD cooling the OG faster. My burly VonG with ceramic screen seems to take longer to cool down than my omni with titanium screen.

Anyways, thanks so much for the help, you've given my all the info I need. I need to think about it some more and then I'll start building something.

Dynalowrider

I'm curious, how many of you folks use a heat-sink to reach the cool down click? By that I mean use something to remove the heat from the cap itself, as opposed to native, letting it reach cool-click by itself. I have tried both methods and I tend to get more taste and vapor heat-sinking. I also tend to maintain temperature at a more constant level.
I might be talking out of my butt. It just seems to be logical. Think about it. I don't see anybody talking about heat-sink or native. But it has to have some affect on the process. Doc

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
I'm curious, how many of you folks use a heat-sink to reach the cool down click? By that I mean use something to remove the heat from the cap itself, as opposed to native, letting it reach cool-click by itself. I have tried both methods and I tend to get more taste and vapor heat-sinking. I also tend to maintain temperature at a more constant level.
I might be talking out of my butt. It just seems to be logical. Think about it. I don't see anybody talking about heat-sink or native. But it has to have some affect on the process. Doc

I've noticed the same thing as you.
I'm generally using the cap of abv Mason jar or putting it on a glass surface.
Less heat for the cap and less heat to lost for the titanium bowl :)

farscaper

I too use heat sinking to more rapidly cool the cap... the best is to remove the cap completely. I'm sure having a Dynastash would aid that. I sometimes use some large tweezers to remove the cap. I definitely get more (quantity) flavorful hits by doing this... and its easier to stay lower in temp through the whole load this way.

6079Smith

Thanks again for another great response @herbivore21!

My concentrates fully melt and should leave no residue other than reclaim. I hadn't thought about using the digger outer to remove the top screen, seems obvious now. :doh:

Interesting thoughts on Ti vs glass. My OG seems to reach the cool down click faster than my Ti for some reason. I'll have to time it to make sure. It also seems to reach higher temps natively. By this I mean I have to heat past the click with my Ti tips to get similar performance with flowers as my OG.

Of course, all of my VapCaps have different screens so that muddies the issue too. It could be the higher airflow of the CCD cooling the OG faster. My burly VonG with ceramic screen seems to take longer to cool down than my omni with titanium screen.

Anyways, thanks so much for the help, you've given my all the info I need. I need to think about it some more and then I'll start building something.

Do do your caps all seem to click at the same temp?

I had my Ti woody several weeks before the OG and Omni, it was only after receiving those that I realized the woody cap clicked at a significantly lower temp, requiring me to heat past it for any vapor at all. This was more challenging and added a steeper learning curve, some frustrating combustion. If I wanted to heat in that way I preferred my Vapman with its friendlier buffer before combustion.

Getting the OG and omni with their hotter click point was a game changer as far as ease of use and made for a much better experience, I thoroughly enjoyed every sesh from that point on.

For reference, the cooler clicking woody cap I could safely grab as soon as it clicked, it was what I would describe as warm but not hot. The first time I tried that with my Omni I damn near dropped it, didn't feel too good

Kalessin

I take the cap off and roll it in my fingers and blow into it once I finish my hit. Cools down pretty much instantly that way.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Do do your caps all seem to click at the same temp?

I had my Ti woody several weeks before the OG and Omni, it was only after receiving those that I realized the woody cap clicked at a significantly lower temp, requiring me to heat past it for any vapor at all. This was more challenging and added a steeper learning curve, some frustrating combustion. If I wanted to heat in that way I preferred my Vapman with its friendlier buffer before combustion.

Getting the OG and omni with their hotter click point was a game changer as far as ease of use and made for a much better experience, I thoroughly enjoyed every sesh from that point on.

For reference, the cooler clicking woody cap I could safely grab as soon as it clicked, it was what I would describe as warm but not hot. The first time I tried that with my Omni I damn near dropped it, didn't feel too good
I've actually only used two caps and they seem to click at the same temperature.

What seems to make it vary is the tip or possibly screen.

OG glass tip CCD- perfect temp at click.

OmniVap titanium tip Ti screen- I have to heat about a second past click for similar performance.

Burly VonG Ti tip ceramic screen- I have to heat past the click for about two seconds for similar performance.

Bad Ocelot

Should be receiving the vapcap S later this week, pretty excited. Wanted to thank everyone here for the ridiculous amount of info on this device.
All Vapcap models are compatible with water tools. The straight stemmed/Bodied models can be used by using the rubber mp or a bit of whip.

The Vapcaps made specifically for water tools are the VonGs. You can choose from the:

14 mm Ti VonG - Stem

14 mm Ti VonG - Body

18 mm Ti VonG - Body

The Omnivap is the top of the line Vapcap. Made almost completely of titanium and considered indestructible.

Thanks! It looks like they have a stem, 14mm & 18mm model now. There isn't a measurement specified with the stem which I was thinking of purchasing if I like the vapcap S. I'll probably go with the 14mm, but may send them an email inquiring about the stem as I prefer that aesthetic. Might have to pick up a J hook & an ashcatcher just so it looks as weird as possible, ha.

Ok, I have the opportunity now to give some first impressions review on my omnivap and the vapcap OG :D

I'll start by saying this: I don't use flowers much. When I do, I do not use butane vapes for flowers. This will be no exception. I've spoken around these parts about my rigid intolerance for accidental combustion and I have other vapes for flowers where I never run the risk of it. Of course, others can get good results with butane vapes and flowers for their needs and more power to them!

This is a concentrate based review.

The ceramic screen in the omnivap is not bad! Of course, I am not loading melty hashes and oils straight onto the ceramic screen (even thinking about that wasted goodness is upsetting!). For hash purposes I place an ss concentrate pad cut to size over the ceramic screen. I prefer the ceramic screen to the metal screen in the OG unit, I like that it stays put more than the metal screen when you are putting extra hash screens on top.

The adjustable airflow is really nice. The requirement to slightly twist as you pull/push the midsection over the o-rings kind of works against the turning to set your desired airflow, I find this twisting action to prevent messing up the o-rings can inadvertently mess up the airflow setting (but only slightly, and this can be compensated for with careful assembly). I really noticed the effectiveness of tighter draw resistance when I use the omnivap for direct draw hits. Prevents me from inhaling more than my lungs can fit (I'm used to rigs with the additional chamber capacity + my lungs).

The warm-up click is an irrelevancy where concentrates are concerned. You need to heat up about half as long again after you hear the click to get good hash vapor. However, the learning curve is less steep for concentrates vs flowers in the vapcap (and almost all butane vapes) - you just don't really have anything to combust in there!

The cool-down click must still be respected for concentrates IMO. I do not go beyond my initial warm up (1.5 clicks or so if that makes sense) without a cooldown click in-between hits. For this reason, this would not be the ideal vape for large groups IMO vs a desktop plug in for example. On the plus side, great for small groups with the benefit of your buddies not being able to break it!

I truly love the size of the bowl in the dynavap vapes. That narrow diameter is ideal for hash use. Also makes other concentrate use much more efficient than other butane vapes I've used. It is much easier to get an espresso tek style pack in this kind of bowl for concentrates and get an effective heat distribution through your material.

Now to taste. This tastes good. It won't beat out an evo on taste of course, but of the butane vapes I've used, this is as good as any other. Reminds me a lot of the vapman - the flavor is spent in the earlier hits. However, unlike the vapman, you do get meaningful clouds from concentrates while there is still plenty of taste. Flavor with concentrates seems to last longer into the bowl with the vapcap.

The only thing I could think of at this stage that would be much coveted for this herbivore in the dynavap range would be a concentrate pad (something like the S&B or Firefly 2 use, an SS coil that can sit on top of the ceramic screen to prevent gunk from melting all through the airpath while you warm up concentrates). @VapCap if you make these, you will have successfully turned the vapcap into a concentrate compatible unit. I know we have the pyrovap, but this seems like it is not going to be the right tool for melty hashes and some of the other more solid concentrates.

As the OG Vapcap is quite similar to the omnivap, I won't spend too much discussing it separately here. I'll take a moment to say I also like the screen in this unit too and see how it would be nicer for use with flowers. The all glass unit is nice to watch vapor through, and tastes slightly nicer than the omnivap (this is not a very noticeable difference).

I can see how the glass at the outer edge at the end of the bowl could get chipped over prolonged use with excessive heating too close to the glass end of the cap, sloppy attachment of the cap over the bowl or rough use of metal tools loading the OG bowl. To me, the omnivap provides a piece of mind in these regards that justifies the price premium.

All in all, this is a great vaporizer and in my view, one of the best that I've used for hash and I'm sure it'll be my daily driver for those hashes that don't quite melt enough to be dabbed.

A very satisfied customer right here - I can see what all the fuss was about! :leaf:

Great review! I'm very similar to you in that I got this specifically for non melty hashes. No issues with flower in the crafty or ascent or full melt concentrates in the DT or dabber. I don't always have hash laying around but I do enjoy the flavor of a good bubble or dry sift from time to time & haven't had good results with battery powered vapes with hash. I was back and forth between this & the lotus and am feeling like I made the right (and more economical) decision.

Can't wait to report back with results! Hopefully this weekend sometime :tup:

Squiby

It looks like they have a stem, 14mm & 18mm model now. There isn't a measurement specified with the stem

@Bad Ocelot

Happy to help out with questions you may have at any time. My pleasure! I hope you enjoy your Woody!

All stems are 62mm long and fit onto a regular condenser. Along with the tip and cap, a Ti VonG stem Vapcap is 3.5 inches long. The Vong stem is 12mm wide at one end and 14mm wide at the other. It will fit into a regular Dynastash/ER.

If you would like to add a wood mp, then this combo fits onto an XL condenser and the overall VC length becomes 4.25 inches long. It will fit into the Dynastash/ER XL.

In contrast, all bodies are 45mm long and require a 17mm long wood mp. This combo (62+17=62) fits onto a standard condenser. The overall length of a VC sporting a body is 3.5 inches long. VonG bodies come in 14mm and 18mm widths. The 14mm Ti VonG body VC fits into the regular Dynastash/ER. The 18mm To VonG does NOT fit into the stashes.

poutine

I do! If I am at my PC I have a couple magnets glued onto the lid of a cigar box (my stash box). I have both of my Vapcaps up on there. I like being able to pull a bit of the heat off the cap more quickly.

herbalist33

What is this called? Where can I get one?

Yep, @stark1 kindly gave me some info on that bubbler, because I quite like the look of it too. It is an Aquamizer and is designed to work with 510 nail mods (is that the correct term? I know nothing about ecig/510 style things), but stark says it fits the Vapcap great. He provided me with a link:

https://wevape-vaporizers.com/shop/atomizers/aquamizer-vape-pen-bubbler-attachment/

And I also had a look on dhgate and there's some similar looking bubblers on there, so maybe have a search of 'Aquamizer bubbler' on eBay or dhgate. Looks like there's actually a few similar bubblers coming out too, so don't be surprised if you see a lot more of these.

Peace

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've got a 14mm vong body coming and I was wondering how people were covering the carb hole? I've seen some people use a toothpick or ptfe/plumbers tape, I'd love to use something that looks more natural though.

StormyPinkness,

Squiby

I've got a 14mm vong body coming and I was wondering how people were covering the carb hole? I've seen some people use a toothpick or ptfe/plumbers tape, I'd love to use something that looks more natural though.

I use my 14mm Ti VonG dry. I also like full restriction for mouth pulls.. So I cover the carb with my finger and near the end of the toke I feather it a bit.

I you are wanting to block the carb without using your fingers or toothpicks or whatever, how about moving one of the condenser orings below the carb, down towards the tip. That should effectively block the carb airpath. You could also slide that oring to line up with the carb and adjust the air intake by how fully you block the carb with the oring.

Natural and known only to you...:cool:

Last edited:

Choughed

Been trying not to stress out about the Vapcap tracking number saying that Vapcap got to Sydney only to go back to Chicago a few days later. I was rewarded with a pretty green package in the mail box this morning! I knew it wasn't in Chicago! ;) Phew!

Wow, where did 3 hours disappear to?? 8 scrambled eggs, that's where.

It's a very effective little device, for sure. The click took about 6 seconds with my single torch lighter, which is about the same as the first heating of Vapman too. The flavour is different, still need to test further before I decide.. The session much shorter. The effect was surprising, fast, heavy. I like it. Smooth vapour, big clouds, no coughing, tears, or asthma inhalers either, especially given the size of the hits. I'm optimistic, very impressed.

Well written instructions made it easy to use right away after testing the click empty first. I haven't heard from my MIL about her experience, I figured she's been too busy to try it, or she's been too vaped since it arrived. ;) It seems simple enough for nearly everyone to use.

Now, do I let my neighbour have the second one, I wonder if I can part with it..?

herbivore21

I use my 14mm Ti VonG dry. I also like full restriction for mouth pulls.. So I cover the carb with my finger and near the end of the toke I feather it a bit.

I you are wanting to block the carb without using your fingers or toothpicks or whatever, how about moving one of the condenser orings below the carb, down towards the tip. That should effectively block the carb airpath. You could also slide that oring to line up with the carb and adjust the air intake by how fully you block the carb with the oring.

Natural and known only to you...:cool:
I am also enjoying full restriction for mouth pulls too - one of my most loved features of the omnivap is I can vape hash the way I used to smoke joints! Same learned habit, much more useful effects and more enjoyable flavor :D

I'll have to experiment with covering the carb hole because I do find I prefer more open airflow when I connect the omnivap to a rig and cbf changing the airflow back and forth if I can just cover the carb lol :)

Top Bottom