lookhigh

FC member
Two questions...

What's the average turnaround time between placing an order and it shipping?

Any decent torches that can be recommended from a US outlet? I have a few of the torches @OF mentioned ordered, but they're on a slow boat from Asia...
One week order to shipping. I did make sure that the items i ordered where in stock.

Bad Ocelot

The Lotus is a great vape but the Vapcap is smaller and offers a cooler, smoother vapour IMO. It is great for flowers, hash, wax, shatter etc.

The Vapcap also has a more relaxed ritual. Heat till you hear the clicking cap, then toke as opposed to the Lotus heat while toking approach.

The cap clicks when it comes to vaping temps and the temp is determined by how high or low you apply heat to the cap. Heat lower down for your high temps and closer to the tip for cooler temps.

You can use herb or degummed hemp fiber as a bed if you wish. For hash, I just take a bit and flatten it between my fingers into a thin pancake, pop it in and away I go. Easy peasy and very effective, very enjoyable.

Thanks! The hash I've got is very dry and crumbly, not really pliable at all, it just powders. I generally prefer to use water tools with hash, I've seen a few pics of the vapcap being used with a bubbler a couple pages back, is this the omnivap or all they all water tool compatible (kinda got my eye on the vapcap S)? I should be receiving a smallish klein recycler with a 14mm female joint soon and I have a tiny dab rig with a 10mm male joint currently.

herbivore21

Thanks! The hash I've got is very dry and crumbly, not really pliable at all, it just powders. I generally prefer to use water tools with hash, I've seen a few pics of the vapcap being used with a bubbler a couple pages back, is this the omnivap or all they all water tool compatible (kinda got my eye on the vapcap S)? I should be receiving a smallish klein recycler with a 14mm female joint soon and I have a tiny dab rig with a 10mm male joint currently.
Dry pipe hits with hash should be much smoother than dry hits with flowers from the same material (despite higher temp required to vape hash!). The end of the hash bowl will get quite harsh with lower quality hashes though, due to the additional heat you used for your hash vaping continuing to cook off contaminant after the resin has all boiled off.

I frequently enjoy doing my first few hash hits with a dry pipe and then connect my vaporizer to a water pipe to finish the bowl. Less reclaim/more flavor and better efficiency in terms of absorption of actives this way :D

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I see some folks are talking about the Lotus. I can tell you that the VapCap blows it away. Lotus was always hard to control, lacked flavor, and the heating plates wore out. The VapCap has a basically non existent learning curve and is even controllable, to a certain degree, with predictable results and fantastic flavor.

I will, in time, be removing the Lotus from my signature as my DynaVap collection expands.

Squiby

All Vapcap models are compatible with water tools. The straight stemmed/Bodied models can be used by using the rubber mp or a bit of whip.

The Vapcaps made specifically for water tools are the VonGs. You can choose from the:

14 mm Ti VonG - Stem

14 mm Ti VonG - Body

18 mm Ti VonG - Body

The Omnivap is the top of the line Vapcap. Made almost completely of titanium and considered indestructible.

FreddieFresh

I see some folks are talking about the Lotus. I can tell you that the VapCap blows it away. Lotus was always hard to control, lacked flavor, and the heating plates wore out. The VapCap has a basically non existent learning curve and is even controllable, to a certain degree, with predictable results and fantastic flavor.

I will, in time, be removing the Lotus from my signature as my DynaVap collection expands.
Wow, I was wanting a vapcap before, but I feel like that's as glaring, yet unbiased as a review could be. I like the VC because of the consistency it provides for a butane vape, but to hear you think it's better than a lotus is amazing!

Kalessin

Wow, I was wanting a vapcap before, but I feel like that's as glaring, yet unbiased as a review could be. I like the VC because of the consistency it provides for a butane vape, but to hear you think it's better than a lotus is amazing!
I'd also second that opinion...the Lotus is cool in theory for me, but in practice I found it way too difficult to get working properly. The torch length had to be just so, had to keep perfect count...the vapcap system is so much simpler, I've never felt frustrated using it unlike the Lotus.

natural farmer

I'd also second that opinion...the Lotus is cool in theory for me, but in practice I found it way too difficult to get working properly. The torch length had to be just so, had to keep perfect count...the vapcap system is so much simpler, I've never felt frustrated using it unlike the Lotus.
A third opinion if I may... I had been rocking the Lotus for a long time and I was one of its most avid supporters. I would never go back now that the Vapcap is alive due to its simplicity, laid back usage and durability, not to mention it's gorgeous looks but the Lotus is still kicking asses in the taste and cloud department! :nod: Maybe more so than the Vapcap if you learn how to do it... ;) But Vapcap all the way nowadays. There is something about it.........:love:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
That was my thoughts exactly on the torch - I'm trying to keep this case on the small side so it still fits comfortably in the pocket.

You could have a elasticized T shape cradle for the lighter or even a elasticized leather pouch on the back side of the main pouch? Maybe have it attach by press studs or have an eyelet that a leather lanyard could be threaded through to hold a lighter? It is tough as there is a lot of variables with different lighters whereas doob tubes & VapCaps are pretty uniform in size. Either way it would be a classy addition for those who are on the go.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
You could have a elasticized T shape cradle for the lighter or even a elasticized leather pouch on the back side of the main pouch? Maybe have it attach by press studs or have an eyelet that a leather lanyard could be threaded through to hold a lighter? It is tough as there is a lot of variables with different lighters whereas doob tubes & VapCaps are pretty uniform in size. Either way it would be a classy addition for those who are on the go.

Problem with Elastic is that it wears out over time. I'm all about the quality product which will last a lifetime

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Or alternatively, I've been thinking about adding a small pouch on the back of the case to hold screens, or anything else desired. Perhaps we could make a thin pouch big enough to hold a mini torch? I dunno - I have a very thin dual flame cigar torch which works great for the Vapcap, but it doesn't hold much fuel....

herbalist33

Just thought I'd add that my lotus is also now redundant, as are *almost* all the vapes in my signature. I found the lotus was good for a quick, dense cloud, great for when you're heading out of the house and want to get a quick fix up to keep you going, but I only ever used it through water because I found it super difficult to control the heat with just the aluminium stem- without seeing the vapour, I'd often overheat to combustion.

I actually brushed the dust off the lotus as well as my enano last week , both of which I haven't touched in months since I got the Vapcap. And let me tell you, I am seriously considering getting rid of both of them, because I know I honestly will only find use for either of them a few times a year. I hate the added effort of stirring the load, taking out and cleaning screens (the lotus clogs up unbelievably quick for me) and all the added bits and pieces. And if I'm honest, I find the vapour from both of them is much more hot and harsh on my throat.

Last night, for science, I ran my Omnivap through the orbiter with no water in it... WOW! Il be making a video later on for you guys when I finish work, but the omni is a milk production machine, and what a great, cool, comfortable hit. You guys prob won't believe the look of the vapour my Omni produces through glass- I think it'll be good to demonstrate to people without a Vapcap just how well it can produce vapour.

I also wanted to share an idea I came up with. I suggested it to Matt already, but am wondering what you all think- how about a Dynastash/(ER) with a shallow compartment on the other end, where you can store the silicone mouthpiece for when you want to use water? It would prob add a little bit to the length of the Dynastash, but would prob be similar to the XL versions. Here's a crappy sketch to help explain what I mean:

2Q50Ftu.jpeg

Anyway, all I can say is that although I do love most of my vapes for specific circumstances, and it was great collecting them all and adding accessories etc, I REALLY like the fact that I now have a vape that is so simple and basic and yet is pretty much a solid replacement for all of them (for my uses). I now have a chance to simplify my (vape) life... Question is, will I be able to part ways with any of them, or just let them rot in the drawer...

Peace

Shieldsab

Just to chime in on torches, I got mine from BuyLighters.com. Pretty quick service, and a video of, I think, every torch I looked at there. And now that I figured out how to restrict the flame, the one I bought is a perfect torch for the VapCap. Which by the way I'm enjoying more and more as I use it and figure out little tricks of the experience from height above the torch to how it's packed and how I manage air flow. So variable, but inevitably good results. So glad I was recommended this, and went ahead and bought it.

herbalist33

As promised, the Omnivap through a dry Orbiter (no water):

https://vid.me/lfYd

The density of this vapour is insane, and yet it is so bloody smooth- no coughing whatsoever! I could attain a hit like that with my enano maybe set to 8, but I'd most certainly be coughing a lung up...

For posterity, that video is of ground bud, and it is the second heat cycle of that load- the first heat cycle I always hit normally (no glass/water) because it is always light, flavourful vapour, and then the second heat cycle is where the money is at. I spread that heat cycle into three 'draws' or 'breaths', as you can probably hear in the video. I could probably cash it in a 1er (and will probably try that shortly), but that has got me seriously nicely toasted!

Peace

Bonus edit:

Here's another load, same conditions, except I show you the avb :rockon:

https://vid.me/PaHq

Last edited:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer

The density of this vapour is insane, and yet it is so bloody smooth- no coughing whatsoever! I could attain a hit like that with my enano maybe set to 8, but I'd most certainly be coughing a lung up...

For posterity, that video is of ground bud, and it is the second heat cycle of that load- the first heat cycle I always hit normally (no glass/water) because it is always light, flavourful vapour, and then the second heat cycle is where the money is at. I spread that heat cycle into three 'draws' or 'breaths', as you can probably hear in the video. I could probably cash it in a 1er (and will probably try that shortly), but that has got me seriously nicely toasted!

Peace

Bonus edit:

Powdered milk... dry milking!

ABV looks well extracted. Nice!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I've been playing around with the glass body on the OmniVap. It's really nice being able to see the airflow adjustment in action.

I think the omni when glassy looks really classy:

SvmvQX7.jpg

I've used it with my recycler and I can adjust the airflow while it's in the joint simply by twisting the body. I can fine tune the vortex action this way.

PU5VtbG.jpg

My Burly VonG is getting there performance-wise. It's kind of ironic that it's my low temp Vap considering I got it to use with water. My Original is now the high temp Vap.

I just have to heat the Burly a little longer to get similar performance, but it's not quite the same. It will be interesting to see how a screen change affects performance.

collegeKid101

:love::love::love:

Peace

Bonus edit:

The initial cloud looks like a rocket ship blasting off it's awesome!

I had originally ordered a cocobolo woody s but they're still waiting on those so matt let me change it to a carbon body:love: I'm so pumped to use join the vc club! They're customer service is literally the best thing ever. They actually listen the customer and work with them to ensure a good experience and it's talked about all the time on here so you know my case isn't a random act of kindness, it's their mission statement. :rockon:

Squiby

it's talked about all the time on here so you know my case isn't a random act of kindness, it's their mission statement. :rockon:

One of the pleasures in reading this thread from the start, are the acts of kindness you stumble upon that reach way, way beyond the umbrella of customer service.

There have been so many stories posted here of some gesture made by George that takes you by surprise, gets you right in the heart and makes you feel good that you are reading this thread. That's why, I think, its so consistently positive here.

We are dealing with a man who has built a company on a foundation of kindness and integrity. And if that were not enough, his product, with its flawless performance is a perfectly endearing vape. It's such a pretty little thing and we can change its wardrobe any time we want to suit our fickle tastes.

I love my Vapcaps. They are my daily drivers and after several months of use I still have absolutely no desire to go back to any of my shelved vaporizers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom