Marlon Rando

@beyond6strings same here I shadowed on here for some time before actually joining a forum particularly FC which are full of amazing, interesting people and info, yes 'Anhydrous' is for me the way to go as well when using glass however I will use h20 every now and again, something about blowing bubbles brings out the kid in me:lol:

@Mr.Sifter funny I always likened my vapcap AVB smell to a temperamental California;) Pinot Noir, as my old Sommelier instructor (rip Mr. Smith) used to encourage us to be bold and discover our own palette and nose. however I don't go too far with the cap as far as heating temps, usually stay In the middle temps. When you mentioned Bagel radio on Somafm I laughed, I typically always listen to Groove salad or drone zone stations but will on occasion tune in to Folk forward or Bagel radio :)

@wileycoyote1103 your cap still works yea? I did a similar thing when my Omni came in first day- boom right on the hard tile:doh:, luckily it still clicks properly.

StringTheorista

Does anyone here use their M with the carb open and slow draw? I tried both ways last night. Seems open or closed works yet the hit with open carb was smoother for sure. Maybe not as cloudy but still good. It’s like no matter how you hit this thing it works.

I like M best carb open, unless through water. The M’s air port is a good size. I wish the air port on the nonavong wasn’t quite so large, so I wouldn’t have to bother with partially blocking it.

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
I like M best carb open, unless through water. The M’s air port is a good size. I wish the air port on the nonavong wasn’t quite so large, so I wouldn’t have to bother with partially blocking it.
That’s what I was thinking too. I compared my M air port to my Omni and the M is smaller.

I use my Omni with the MP about 2 turns closed which shrinks the overall air by about 1/3rd.

I did a side by side draw test and with my Omni MP set where I like it, the draw resistance feels about the same. I wonder if this Is by design with the M?

Dynalowrider

Stark1, the stinking water was a reference to the movie quip, "We don't need no stinking badges". It does fit if you have dirty glass. Just trying to be funny. I was not trying to insult your choice of bubbler use.
I have had a strain called "Mango" that tastes like mangos. Hell, "Durban Poison" tastes great anhydrous.
Doc

wileycoyote1103

@beyond6strings same here I shadowed on here for some time before actually joining a forum particularly FC which are full of amazing, interesting people and info, yes 'Anhydrous' is for me the way to go as well when using glass however I will use h20 every now and again, something about blowing bubbles brings out the kid in me:lol:

@Mr.Sifter funny I always likened my vapcap AVB smell to a temperamental California;) Pinot Noir, as my old Sommelier instructor (rip Mr. Smith) used to encourage us to be bold and discover our own palette and nose. however I don't go too far with the cap as far as heating temps, usually stay In the middle temps. When you mentioned Bagel radio on Somafm I laughed, I typically always listen to Groove salad or drone zone stations but will on occasion tune in to Folk forward or Bagel radio :)

@wileycoyote1103 your cap still works yea? I did a similar thing when my Omni came in first day- boom right on the hard tile:doh:, luckily it still clicks properly.
Yeah we're good, probably a little high this morning, but what I notice sometimes with my M, if I stop at the click, it doesn't like it quite up to temp. Getting like 5 or 6 hits before ABV is Dark.
The M tip seems way more thicker.

Boden

Aspie polymath
Spare parts and 12 min on the lathe. Anhydrous of course :D
D5Onm0Z.jpg

StringTheorista

I call it "Anhydrous Glass". I have been using a sherlock for a while. You don't need no stinking water. Doc

Edit: Best tasting vapor with flavor first to last rip.
I don’t understand Why, but “anhydrous glass” does seem to enhance flavor, doesn’t it, compared to a straight hit from the vapcap? Maybe just because it cools the vapor.

Edited: didn’t see you’d already said this, Doc.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Water cools, true said, but absorbs taste. Glass just cools. For me it is the taste.
It's like pinochle. You either like it, and want to play all the time, or don't give a crap about the game. They even count funny, adding fourteen to everything. Doc

I think same thing happens when an XL 79mm Titanium stem is used without a condenser .
For more than a month now I'm using that kind of combo.
Cooler vapor and lots of taste .Without even the stem being hot at all !
But I would like some more feedback on that one .
Mostly to check the remaining amount of my sanity .
:lol:

Cheers.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I love it! Anhydrous Glass; I learned something else today. Thx @Dynalowrider. I definitely used the water pipe to cool the vapor-it's been so dry here and I talk a lot giving lessons so I wanted to go easy on my throat. That definitely happened.

I was really happy with how tasty it was, and a bit surprised too. But as I think about it, it seems likely it's because my lips get so much of the tasty vapor hitting them when I use my water pipe; that doesn't happen when I use my VC without the WP.

I'm digging it-and can see doing this when I'm at home nearly all the time since with no water it's no fuss.

shredder

I guess I'm using my water pipe wrong, cause I use water, lol. Actually water with a few drops of cranberry concentrate. I've tried waterless before, but I like the moistness in my hits. (i have asthma) And seeing what collects in the water I think I'm glad I do use water.

I still use my dv's without a pipe at all for convenience, but I prefer a small bubbler. I use a matrix sidecar knock off with my omni XL vong mostly.

These parts will be compatible:
  • Cap
  • Tip
  • Stem
incompatible:
  • condenser
  • Mouthpiece
  • o-rings
TBH: i would just buy another omni xl, perhaps with a wood body, if you like it so much. In my opinion, the omni is a big step up from the woodys.

On the other hand side - i don t think you would need more spare parts than o rings and perhaps a cap (but you WANT another Vapcap perhaps) :-)

:2c:

I like it so much I just don't want to be without it a single day in case I lose / damage (part of) it, I think.

Boden

Aspie polymath
If y’all haven’t noticed, my body produces antibodies against VGAS.

Plus making em is more fun.

I blame shop class. Long long ago in a far off classroom with an instructor who showed us how.

:D

Edit: Ooh, I need to get some bamboo and make a steam roller.

Edit 2: I’m gonna need more Ti tips and caps.

Last edited:

shredder

I like it so much I just don't want to be without it a single day in case I lose / damage (part of) it, I think.

Lose it, yes. But you'd really have to try to damage an omni. Dynavap has a video of one getting run over with heavy equipment with zero problems.

Btw I put a blackwood vong stem on my XL omni and love it. It looks great and is very functional. I guess in a way the original stem is a back up, but I doubt I'll put it back on.

Last edited:

Sketch420

More stable version, absque aqua.
FtbmOVw.jpg

VBrZwRh.jpg
Very nice that stem is awesome. That is a great concept, i think it would make things much easier. Where did you get the stem from if you don't mind me asking? Sorry if it's been discussed i haven't kept up with this thread lately. Thanks

Sketch420,
Top Bottom