1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

Hey @almost there, experiment away!
    I love it when you can mix and match stuff from different vapes in intriguing configurations.

I use my orbiter with my vongs and a davinci ascent glass mouthpiece.

I don't think I ever would of thought of trying this if @Mr.Sifter hadn't asked the question.

I seem to recall once upon a time someone in the grasshopper thread mentioned using the mflb stem to extend that mouthpiece, so it seemed a simple matter to put the stem into the fat mouth piece. I just love picking up little tips on these boards.

I never did care much for the whip tubing but again I don't think I ever would have thought of trying this without somebody asking the question.

So here's to experimenting!

2. WarpaintFree

WarpaintFree Well-Known Member

My cap will sometimes get glowing cherry red in one area, just for a moment, if I dip it a little closer to the sharp part of the flame than I usually hold it. You wouldn't see it in full lighting, only in a dimly lit space like my living room at night. I don't combust when this happens.

It's actually a pretty neat demonstration of how one area of the cap can be at ~480°C (900°F), and the click disks only get to ~160°C (320°F), while the load inside the tip gets just perfectly toasty around ~190-200°C (~375-400°F) to vapourize. Plus cool engineery things like black body radiation and whatnot.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  3. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

OK, so I CAN make the cap glow but the technique I have adopted doesn't do so. I tend to heat for a little longer from a little further away. Or I use a triple. If I use a single flame and more aggressively it can cherry up a little in a darker room. For me that flirts a little with combustion so I tend to be less aggressive. YMMV

So, nothing wrong, just different technique.

4. abcd5432

abcd5432 Well-Known Member

How long does butane last in your tank for you guys?
    Should I be needing to refill my lighter once a day? I dunno if I'm filling this thing well, I have the Tron lighter, and my premium butane order doesn't come in til tomorrow, so I'm not sure if it's the butane.

CuckFumbustion, ataxian and Ricardo like this.
  5. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

Depending on the lighter and your usage style you could require a fill up per day. The more flames the lighter has the higher the fuel usage and the less efficient it is. Another factor is how many heat cycles you do per load and how many loads per day. Premium butane will keep your torch running smoother and cleaner but it will not contain noticeably more thermal energy than a less pure butane.

Even if you have to fill the lighter everyday it will still take a few months to deplete a single 5.5 oz can.

6. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

as george mentioned in one of his videos the prices went up a little.

today is another live feed from dynavap.
    looking forward to see the eds tnt vongs and hoping for a 18mm version.
    are they thought to be be used without condeser ?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  7. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

:lmao:
    Awesome. Thank you sir!

Edit to add how amazing this piece is. :luv:

8. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

thats a real nice cocobollo stem.
    nice colors and gradient.
    wish mine was as sweet looking.
    oh I see you have the newest version with the new air inlet hole.

i am thinking of upgrading my nonavong stem to a xls nonavong.
    cant decide which wood to choose.
    dynavap offers cocobollo and ebony.
    both would come different as pictured on the website since it is unique wood.
    any differences in taste and durability between ebony and coco ?

9. CarlosSpiceyWeiner

CarlosSpiceyWeiner Well-Known Member

It looks like everything went up $5.

An “M” is now $55, while the Omni XL’s are now $190.

Hi Menz, :wave: I’m glad you’re on the Vapcap train with the rest of us. :rockon:

Menzie and I go way back to the original Puff It inhaler vaporizer. :doh: Look how much we’ve evolved since then. :brow:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
  10. mephisto

mephisto Well-Known Member

11. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Ya know it's funny. I started wearing a fanny pack when I discovered that wearing my wallet in my back pocket was causing my back problems. I wore it, through the grief from my friends for a few years until I couldn't take the abuse anymore and quit using it.
    It was a nice leather one, damnit, and it made life so much easier.

I've been thinking of starting up again and using the "old guy" excuse. Or maybe the "fuck you I don't care" excuse. We'll see. I DO know if I do this I may never get laid again...
    Rather than add another OT post I'll put it here. It made me sit crooked rather than be too heavy, but with the CCs it is only lighter metaphorically anyway... :p

12. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

I think you'll find your wallet is much lighter these days, if your VAS is as advanced as mine :lol:

13. abcd5432

abcd5432 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Truly appreciated, I think I just vape a lot then.

CuckFumbustion and ataxian like this.
  14. CarlosSpiceyWeiner

@mephisto, thank you for the kind words.

I’m usually lurking everyday just reading posts. I’m too lazy to type and even lazier to log in.

I hate to go OT, but I was laid up in the hospital all Christmas Day with uncontrollable vomiting. Everyone else says it was the flu and I agreed until I read this article.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...ting-illness-linked-long-term-pot-use-n834046

This has happened to me multiple times in my 20 years of smoking with 10 of those years just vaping.

Has anyone else here ever have this issue?

Plus I never thought the cause would be from long term cannabis use.

I’m cutting down my usage a lot only using my Omni XL’s.

15. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

I’ve had one of these messenger bags since 97’.

http://www.artisangear.com/The-Omni-Hemp-Shoulder-Bag-p/ag-3010-hemp-shoulder-bag.htm

It’s funny when some tosser behind me says “nice purse” only to have an ex special forces medic turn around and thank them. The ‘oh no... I’m gonna die’ look on their face is princess. :D

I’ve seen too much pain to let some comment ruffle me.

Really well made bags.

————————————-

@CarlosSpiceyWeiner Too much of any chemical entering our system can cause bad things to happen. Makes sense for people who are genetically susceptible to overloading the receptors.

I limit myself to two hours of sedation right before bed per day.

—————————————

As someone with Asperger’s who goes through a bit over an ounce a year the experimenting I’ve done recently has shown me that the vap is not really suited to my daily needs. I need low temp micro-doses. For this the FF2 shines.

The Vap will go in my ‘I really can’t stop thinking and need to sleep’ box. Useful tool but a bit too strong for daily use.

16. WarpaintFree

WarpaintFree Well-Known Member

Last spring my mother was admitted to hospital with the same, and diagnosed with Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome.

She's been smoking weed for 40 years or so, and daily for the last 20-ish.

At that point I introduced her to vaping with a Vapcap M, and helped her get a medical recommendation and supply from a licensed producer.

I'm not sure if the switch to vaping or getting away from questionable street weed was the answer, but the symptoms haven't recurred.

17. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

@cybrguy, or anyone who knows these things....
    How did you do that earlier?... Embed a new quote while editing a previous post :hmm:???

CuckFumbustion likes this.
  18. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

Oh... What the fuck and YOLO. ;) I could not get it out of my head and just bought myself one of those devices (from a dentist who closed shop, so it is used, not new). Will have it in a few days! Yay, Induction Vapcapping coming to my village! :)

19. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

I’ve done it by hitting ‘reply’ to the post I want to add. Then copy the quote then backspace to clear it. Then go to the post I want to add it to in edit and paste it.

——————————————

Just remembered: I have seen people react to pot the way the article states when there is mold on the herb. Just a thought.

20. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

cappers out there in the Winter storm today stay safe!

21. IntoTheVoid

IntoTheVoid Pride Goeth Before A Fall

I think it has a lot to do with frequency and quantity.

Also, for your info, Hospitals have had great results using Haloperodol (Haldol) to treat CHS. I did a lot of research on this when it was being reported more frequently. And of course it is a very rare syndrome that effect only a very small number of heavy chronic users.

That said, I am happy you got that under control and I hope lowering your dose size helps. Also as your tolerance goes back down you’ll enjoy it more I bet. The Vaps are great for that too especially since you can micro so easily on them. I use my Vaps daily at bedtime to wind down and try to keep it to one or two cap fills on half or 1/3 bowl size. My tolerance is low but I wanna keep it that way.

Glad you’re feeling better.

22. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

man i hated that thing

CarlosSpiceyWeiner likes this.
  23. CarlosSpiceyWeiner

@IntoTheVoid thank you for the info.

I will definitely look into the Haloperodol

Guess I needed to be forced to take a break.

Definitely feeling much better, thank you.

24. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

I was up late one night and saw some really pretty antique gunstocks with fish scale grips. I couldn't help but try to do some of it on a Vapcap stem.

Well, I severely underestimated how difficult it is to layout and carve a pattern on a tiny round object. It really tested my patience to not make any mistakes or rush through making this stem. It still has some small bits of wood that need to be cleaned out but I think it was worth it.

This was by far the most labour intensive stem I've made to date. Props to those guys that carve gun stocks as this is not easy to do cleanly.
    [​IMG]

25. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

:mmmm:

Holy shit!
    Awesome work, to say the least. :clap:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors