1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Rikhart

Rikhart Member

I am sure that in this beast of a thread this is mentioned somewhere, however I sometimes notice the cap glowing red hot where the torch flame hits, is this something I should be concerned about? I don´t think I have ever combusted so far, but glowing red hot metal?

Ricardo and CuckFumbustion like this.
  2. IntoTheVoid

IntoTheVoid Pride Goeth Before A Fall

Here is my carry sack. I had a small one but upgraded a while back because I like the extra space.

https://imgur.com/a/4eJJx

Inside I have my OmniVap and my Sandblasted M, glass 14mm adapter for water, torch, lip balm (I use this to lube the orings when needed) and a spares kit of CCD and Orings.

https://imgur.com/a/ZBvOB

pxl_jockey, Ricardo, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  3. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I don't think I have ever seen the cap get that hot, and I'm a little surprised you aren't combusting. You ARE spinning it, right? In case you are not, you have to rotate the VC to evenly heat it. Let me find you a video...
    Man, all the way back on 927...
    Click to play YouTube Video

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  4. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

@Diggy Smalls F^CK like they say Down Under.

I did a weird experiment that actually worked?

I put a CERAMIC MOUTHPIECE on my "M" and filled one of my torches and when the next level was achieved?

M + MODIFICATION to my liking! + filled torch + CLICK = MAX FLIGHT = CIVILIZED

VAPECAP + INSANE = AS IN THE CORRECT WAY

I just ate some FAT TACO'S after the "M" = LIFE WORTH LIVING

5. Rikhart

Rikhart Member

Yes, constant spinning! I respect the click, too.

Ricardo, Squiby, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  6. IntoTheVoid

How close do you hold the flame?

7. Rikhart

Rikhart Member

Touching with the lighter part of blue directly on cap.

ataxian, Ricardo, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  8. IntoTheVoid

I tend to do this too and haven’t had that happen to me. Are you using a micro torch or something bigger? I have two, single flame torches but one is bigger and I have to back it off the cap a bit to get more even heat up like i get with the smaller torch.

9. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Are you using a torch lighter or a torch?

Well, beats me. I don't see a red hot cap ever, but if you aren't combusting than I guess it doesn't matter. Seems weird tho...

10. Rikhart

Rikhart Member

Using a single flame torch lighter:
    https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/torch-lighters/lighter_hyper_torch/

I just hope this doesn´t mean I dont have a really flimsy cap or something...

11. Tstat

Tstat Dead Foot Designs Accessory Maker

Just got an M, thanks to a kind person here. What's a good lighter for it? So far I'm loving t!

Zecrono, pxl_jockey, Ricardo and 4 others like this.
  12. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Congrads @Tstat So never owned a VC before?

There is a favorite lighter thread worth checking out. BTW. what are you using now?

My Vertigo Venom 2 triple torch that I got directly from Dynavap has been the most versatile out of my collection. And I purchased single, a few twins and a triple triangle. All have different heat profiles.

Oh and get Hi-test Butane. So the jets don't get clogged and malfunction. :peace:

pxl_jockey, Ricardo, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  13. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

We haven't heard anything about variability in the cap thickness (well, I haven't) so I doubt that's the case. As long as it's working OK I'd say not to worry.

You aren't at altitude, are ya? Tho if altitude made VCs behave differently we probably would have heard something from PIU. I just thought it might effect the flame temp... (doubtful)

Rikhart, Ricardo, Squiby and 3 others like this.
  14. razmakati

razmakati Member

15. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

Short story:
    So I made some wire pucks to try out BHO in the Vap. First puff was lovely, second was equally nice. Waited a few minutes... didn’t feel much. Time for a reload. Again two lovely puffs.

Ten minutes pass....

I am wrecked

Orbit achieved

Stoned fantastic.

Realized I didn’t know where my glasses were.
    Looked for two hours.

Finally gave up and decided to take a bath.
    Took my shirt off and my glasses fell of my head.

Sat in the bathtub half dressed trying to figure how to make it work.
    Decided it was too complex.
    Went looking for my BBQ Thermometer to measure the bath water temp.
    Ended up smoking a chicken.

It was good

WOW! Never underestimate the Vap.

duff, VapCap, stardustsailor and 27 others like this.
  16. Tstat

Nope, first one. I was never interested in a lighter based vape before. I have owned MFLB, countless pens, dogs, Pax, Solo, etc. I am currently using a torch, turned down. Bic didn't work so well. Thanks for the link! I love this thing, lol. I haven't touched my EVO in days, lol.

FreddieFresh, Ricardo, Summer and 3 others like this.
  17. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

So, yes @Mr.Sifter you can do it without the whip tubing, which, I am quite pleased to report, I very much prefer.
    I used my carbon omni vap for this run.
    The MFLB straw which I ran through the fat mouthpiece fit right into the top of the UFO. So actually, without the whip tubing it's now a little more portable, if one were so inclined. I did two cycles without the UFO to savor the flavor.
    I do 2 seconds past the click on my portside induction heater, a must have accessory to the vapcapping experience, in my estimation. I get big clouds on the first heat cycle, but do exercise caution if you're venturing past the click, especially if you're already a few loads in and prone to losing track. I have combusted.
    So after the first two heat cycles then I decided to do a few more cycles with the UFO. At first I left the stem and mouthpiece fixed in the top of the UFO and removed the omni vap from the mouthpiece to heat it. But the mouth piece can be a little clingy and kind of stick to the omni mouthpiece a bit.
    So for the next hit I took the whole setup, straw, fat mouth piece, and omni, out of the top of the UFO, heated it and stuck it back in with the straw and I found that much easier to handle.
    I got some nice big hits and I really like this setup. I think I'm leaving an mflb straw permanently in a fat mouth for use with UFO. And now I have a use for my UFO. This is a fun little set up.

[​IMG]
    hosting image

There is the omni vap with the fat mouth-piece straw setup.
    [​IMG]
    hosting image

18. Tstat

Steal your face right off your head.

19. chris 71

chris 71 Well-Known Member

ive seen mine glow red to just were the flame tip is , as im spinning it , dont forget the cap is just a sheath over the bowl and is not touching the stuff inside the bowl . the bowl underneath is probably not glowing red hot just the cap . which is all part of the design magic im sure :D

20. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

I think if it's glowing, your technique is off...but then again maybe I'm wrong. I have done some extreme heat extractions that I could have sworn were going to combust...And I've burned a few loads, too. But I'm only seen the cap glow once, and it was because I was rotating the vapcap too slowly.

21. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Awesome!!! This is so what I was trying to do, I even made a post about it on “Ask FC”. Thank you so much, I have a UFO and a bottle rocket so it’s time to do some experimenting

@Boden i’ll Have some of whatever you are partaking, lol. That was the best story I heard in a long time, u made my day

duff, CuckFumbustion, ataxian and 6 others like this.
  22. chris 71

chris 71 Well-Known Member

maybe its just visible in certain light , i dont see it all the time but i have many times ,i dont over heat and have never combusted and always spin it while heating so i dont know . but if you think about it the cap is just the heat source the herb is safe in the bowl . the whole cap dosent glow just a tiny spot right were the flame tip is

23. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Laughed my balls off..............and we all love it when we’re able to get this stoned..........

24. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

I get my cap glowing red nearly every session with my turbo single flame. I heat my cap by rolling it back and forth in my fingers rather than continuously so it gets a hot spot here and there. The beauty of the tip and cap design means that the hot spot really doesn't really cause any problems. I think one member wasn't even spinning the vapcap resulting in a big red hot spot and still not combusting.

25. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

:D
    Washington Apple Gorilla Glue shatter.

I don’t know... too stoned to work a bath may be too stoned.
    To be fair my jacuzzi bath is rather complex.
    The smoked chicken was really good though. :rockon:

——————————————-

If the Cap is glowing the torch is too close.
    Tip of a blue flame is ~ 2,700*F/1,500*C

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors