vapeanderson

Does anyone here use their M with the carb open and slow draw? I tried both ways last night. Seems open or closed works yet the hit with open carb was smoother for sure. Maybe not as cloudy but still good. It’s like no matter how you hit this thing it works.

That is how I use it most of the time. I think it's also a good approach as I get very hot vapor right after the click. Keeping the port open allows more cooling, especially with outside temps around 0 C in my area currently.

needalift

I just made it.

Now I’m feeling posh as fuck. :sherlock:

oIcLLr6.jpg
Nice !! I have looked at pipes for a while to do this with , but haven't found the right one for me yet .

DataRocks

I just made it.

Now I’m feeling posh as fuck. :sherlock:

oIcLLr6.jpg
This is awesome! some questions... how do you heat it? (how you spin it?) what is the material for the vapcap adapter, and did you made it? This would be perfect for an induction heater.

DataRocks,

Boden

Aspie polymath
This is awesome! some questions... how do you heat it? (how you spin it?) what is the material for the vapcap adapter, and did you made it? This would be perfect for an induction heater.
The adapter is a plug. Like a dovetail cork. Spin it like normal and set it in the pipe.

The wood adapter is ... stripy
Think it’s called Zebrawood. Very hard. Found it in the scrap box.

DataRocks

The adapter is a plug. Like a dovetail cork. Spin it like normal and set it in the pipe.

The wood adapter is ... stripy
Think it’s called Zebrawood. Very hard. Found it in the scrap box.

Thank you, the whole thing does look very nice! Time to look for a pipe and scrap wood haha.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I got my replacement Silo made by @InterplanetaryTanner today. The few issues I mentioned before look to have been resolved. It’s very small and in the bud chamber I was able to fit about .5 of ground bud, by my estimate.

Here are some pics.
https://imgur.com/a/mHpQp

That is pretty sweet and stealthy.
Looks like it would blend naturally in a carry on or in ones toiletries bag.

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
That is pretty sweet and stealthy.
Looks like it would blend naturally in a carry on or in ones toiletries bag.
Yes I think so. I just fly with my plastic tube the Vap came in with no issues but the Silo takes it up a notch. And you can leave off the storage compartment to shrink the size even more.

Pimpslapper

So in the manual it says 1-2 clicks on heat up.
What is the difference if you stop at one or two?
I have been stopping at the first click to now on heat up.
Thanks!

Pimpslapper,
Reactions: Ricardo

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The clicks should be close enough that it probably doesn't matter. What should determine when you stop heating (other than the click) is your satisfaction with the vapor. With some strains, VCs, and/or torches that could be at the click or as many as 4 seconds later. Let your experience be your guide.

Pimpslapper

The clicks should be close enough that it probably doesn't matter. What should determine when you stop heating (other than the click) is your satisfaction with the vapor. With some strains, VCs, and/or torches that could be at the click or as many as 4 seconds later. Let your experience be your guide.
Thanks bro!
Key for me is not combusting!
The first click does me well but will try 2nd then and see!

Ricardo

Speaking of clicks, I'm having big problems with the Cap that came with my new Nonavong - heat up to only one click (that I can hear): 7-9 seconds. Wait until first cooldown click: another 55 seconds!!! And then a second cooldown click 10 - 12 seconds after that!!!! I know it depends on the lighter/distance and I'm using the Vertigo 3.in-line from DynaVap, outside the blue flame, exactly like I do with the Omni. I've swapped the Cap over to the Omni and am getting pretty much the same timings.... That can't be right, can it? Wasn't there some chat a while back about possibly faulty caps? It's a shame because of course I combusted :bang: after getting two lovely milky cycles through the bubbler - the NonaVong just drops into the 14mm glass - no faffing about trying to make homemade seals...plus I'm stoned, halfway between happy and bummed out :hmm:

janusportal

ISO is called rubbing alcohol here in the pharmacy.
Dishwasher is great for cleaning metal glass etc. I trow everything in the dishwasher and couldn't bother with reclaim.
You can also get PBW in home brew shops.
For a quick clean warm up the metal parts and pull a cloth or tissue trough it.
Thanks for the advice. I noted that the Dynavap instructions say not to use alcohol, although ISO seems to be the go-to for so many people. The dishwasher isn't a bad idea for the M.

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
The odd thing about one of my caps is that on cool down you get a quieter click somewhere near 3/4 of the way through my draw, then what I perceive to be the actual cool down click which is a bit louder about 10 seconds later. The heat up clicks are within a second of each other just like my other cap. But the cool down is an odd one. Not that it matters as much, but if I’m baked I have to remind myself to wait for the 2nd click before relighting. Otherwise I’m afraid I might kill the cap. If I do it’s not expensive to replace, but it’s sandblasted which I don’t think you can buy as a replacement. So I’m careful to respect the 2 clicks lol.

@Ricardo I just read your post after I posted mine. We have the same issue.

Pimpslapper

I use the same torch on the M and it takes similar time to heat up but half yours to cool down

Thanks for the advice. I noted that the Dynavap instructions say not to use alcohol, although ISO seems to be the go-to for so many people. The dishwasher isn't a bad idea for the M.
I would much prefer ISO(especially 99%) to dishwasher detergent

Last edited by a moderator:
Pimpslapper,
Reactions: Ricardo

Ricardo

I use the same torch on the M and it takes similar time to heat up but half yours to cool down
Thanks. I have an M as well but I didn't time that because I wanted to compare the cap on Ti tips. But yes, my times on the M are similar to yours :tup:

Ricardo,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Not that it matters as much, but if I’m baked I have to remind myself to wait for the 2nd click before relighting. Otherwise I’m afraid I might kill the cap.
You won't kill the cap, but you might combust. I would check it out out of curiosity if nothing else...

I really don't mind occasional combustion other than the smell. I mean we used to all smoke this shit, remember? It's not that long ago for me (3 years) even if I really do hate the taste now...

I do vape in places I would have never smoked, so it can be a concern of course.

Squiby

I would much prefer ISO(especially 99%) to dishwasher detergent
You can use ISO, most of us do, or it seems like that anyway. Dynavap warns against its use, not because it doesn't work or can damage your Vapcap, but because it is highly flamable.

After using ISO to clean your Vapcap, rise with water and then let dry completely before reassembling and using.

Applying a flame to a Vapcap (or anything else for that matter) with wet ISO on it can be hazardous.

stressed

i'm high and bored so here's my story -

over the last couple months, i have vaped maybe 10 grams of shatter through the omni. just .1 left for today.

vaping through my herbalizer, 2 grams lasts me 4 days. through the omni, 2 grams lasts 6 days. consistently.

i use approx .05 for each load. i get 15 or more nice milky pulls through my bubbler.
the bubbler is about 10" high, 2 inch round plus 3 feet of hose. i pull until the hose is full. not huge hits but they are exactly as much as i can take before i start coughing.

i'm reloading my 4 flame lighter a few times a day. it's annoying but it has the largest resevoir of my 6 lighters.

i've only burnt myself a couple of times...stupid stoner stuff...huh, i wonder my my finger is starting to hurt, OH SHIT!@!!!! :lol:

in the herbie, it's gone in 2 balloon fulls, with the omni, it takes me over an hour to go through 15 or more tokes . plus buds from the herbie of course.

i'm getting really good at filling the lighters.

tomorrow is 20% off on shatter. :)

Ricardo

So, I set aside the problematic Cap for the moment (Remember, it's Dynavap we're dealing with here.... when has any of our little problems not been solved with efficiency and generosity?).... I swapped over the Cap from the Omni and did me some experimenting with my new Nonavong and little Chinese bubbler. I didn't reduce the chamber size but used the same 1/3 amount in the tip. Totally perfect fit, whitewalled the glass for three or four very decent hits of the smoothest vapor I've ever had :D Maybe slightly missed the flavor of the first and second hit native, but that is more than made up for by the lack of popcorn taste on tokes 3 and 4. And it's a blast to see those thick clouds building up! And it's not smoke this time !! I just want to say NONAVONG + TINY CHINESE BUBBLER = CIVILIZED :D

Top Bottom