Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
@thejackalsmark right on! Yah everything goes first class shipping so its usually 2-4 days.

I would recommend using your SS tip. I found that the Ti tip O ring config does not hold as well. I'm also using 3 orange rings on the SS. Leaving the bottom 2 on and replacing the top with an orange one.

I like Ti tips, I just got this one about a week ago. (tip and cap for every stem!) I just replaced all four stock gray o-rings with the orange ones. Dynawax is too slippery, just add a bit of saliva to get it in. It's not a super tight fit but it work fine. The tip pushes in so far that the digger makes contact with the glass edge. No problems, we love it.

It's my wife's DD so yeah, it collects a lot of reclaim. Overdue for the weekly cleaning.

TRWW-Ti-tip.jpg

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@fazoflet i have a couple thoughts and questions.

Was it ever wet by the tip? Not sure it would be possible to get mold otherwise.

Did it turn green while you were heating the tip?

Have you been oiling the stem? maybe the intense heat drew out some of the woods natural oils and ones you may have added. That doesnt however explain the green color.

Did you burn up the tip O rings inside the stem?

the ? about burning up the o rings--- oh thats a good one If there are still o ribgs on the tip, check them to see if they got al hard and inflexible thota what a silicone ring does if exposed to heat about its service temp

In any case...kick that stem to the curb .. if its mold, if its o rings all bad even if it doesnt harm your lungs, itll taste horrible

get another stem if you need assistance in that regard, Im certain the community will help

and check out that tip as well clean the tip well and the ccd (or replace the ccd) for sure replacecthe hi temp o rings if you know someone with a ultrsonic cleaner do that too

keep us posted

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
I like Ti tips, I just got this one about a week ago. (tip and cap for every stem!) I just replaced all four stock gray o-rings with the orange ones. Dynawax is too slippery, just add a bit of saliva to get it in. It's not a super tight fit but it work fine. The tip pushes in so far that the digger makes contact with the glass edge. No problems, we love it.

It's my wife's DD so yeah, it collects a lot of reclaim. Overdue for the weekly cleaning.

TRWW-Ti-tip.jpg

Yess Siiir!
Have been testing between my Shadow M tip and Titanium tip in that TRWW Reclaim stem through the day, using a variety of o ring set ups and in the end, also settled on my Ti tip!

I personally just get overall better results from my Ti tip, regardless of the type of stem.

(I ultimately replaced the 4 Grey rings with the orange ones too, and it's seated securely and Vaping it up just fine!)

Happy Vaping! :leaf::rockon::leaf:

Last edited:

ubardog

I did something really stupid by accident earlier. I burnt the edge of my nonavong body. It went black, and green later. I just left it until today, some of it came off, but still..
arNgLgW.jpg

I guess it's not safe to use this body until I get another one? I wouldn't even ask but in theory it's not a path of the vapor, right..

I'm just not sure what that is.

OMG this thread get SO offtopic somtimes.

Where the Viton O rings inside the tip ?

Did they burn ?

https://www.chemours.com/Viton/en_U...on-related-chemicals-handling-precautions.pdf

"Cleanup Personnel handling residues of Viton™ polymers, compounds, or parts made from them that have been involved in a fire must wear impervious acid-resistant gloves to protect the skin from these possibly highly corrosive residues. Gloves may be of neoprene or polyvinyl chloride (PVC) if temperatures are below the melting point of the glove. Any liquid residues should be assumed to be highly acidic. All residues should be neutralized by treatment with copious amounts of lime (calcium hydroxide solution). Solid treated residues should be disposed of in the same manner as Viton™ polymers. Used gloves must be discarded. ."

Viton is stable upto a certain temp , then it becomes nasty . If you have heat damaged ANY of your seals I would trash EVERYTHING that is not metal. With the metal peaces , I would clean them multiply times to be sure.

From Ubar-paranoide-Dog :D

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
An IH makes heating the VC simple. No concerns about fire or where to target the tip. Especially at the beginning of your VC experience a IH will turn nearly anyone into a fan.

It's really not that hard to use a torch, but it is certainly way easier to use an IH.
Here are the parts you need. Scroll down where it say's frequently bought together. It has all the parts. https://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-Voltage-Switching-Induction-Heating/dp/B01GDVVANA/ref=sr_1_13?crid=CJJOMRVAV4W0&keywords=induction+heater+12v&qid=1562705934&s=gateway&sprefix=induction+heater+12,aps,413&sr=8-13#customerReviewsAnd Here is a good toggle switch. https://www.amazon.com/Fastronix-To...=B019BIVBGS&psc=1&refRID=RR5NNR6G5M5F4XBF7KFQ

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
this is good! I want to do this project! is this all you need? what about the box it self to hold everything? how do you activate?
Yes this is all you need. The toggle switch will activate the induction heater. Switch toggle on when you want it to heat. Off when your done heating. Remember to unplug when not in use, Or get a switch that goes under the coil that activates when Dynavap is in heater by pressing tactile switch. Switch will deactivate when released. You can also make it chargeable with batteries. Here is mine. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Induction-heater-for-dynavap-vapcap/264365988522?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Vaporooni very cool. You should make a how to post. I know there is a lot of interest.

How do you recharge the batteries?

I just spent the most rewarding $20 of my life on two items. I will probably never use either one but its nice to know they are there, and that they now belong to me :evil:

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
@Vaporooni very cool. You should make a how to post. I know there is a lot of interest.

I just spent the most rewarding $20 of my life on two items. I will probably never use either one but its nice to know they are there, and that they now belong to me :evil:
12 volt 1amp adapter. This works plugged in for home use so the batteries don't drain.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
@NYC_Frank, did you consider having re-enforcing metal bands on the ends of your wooden host?

You may find that the hot end will eventually crack in time....
Thanks ... i was looking for that piece but couldn't find in stock anywhere ...

yeah ... i was worried about it but one thing Ed pointed out on his site was this.
"These are 45mm in length by 12mm OD for that added wall thickness to make the more durable and less susceptible to heat transfer from the tip"

Hoping for the best ...

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

so are you gonna tell us what that 20$ bought ya? huh huh

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@danielj a couple of, lets call them, "Insurance" policies ;)

@StringTheorista I bet that GSC was delicious

Welcome back @SquanchKava, your presence was missed. How fun to come home to all those toys. Its Christmas in July!!! Bula!!

@Xclerk https://postimages.org/ :nod:

I cant say enough about @danielj's stems and MP's I have been using. This one has been my DD since I got it. Its hickory with the 5mm/8mm airpath that Daniel mentioned a few pages back. The condenser only goes about half way which makes for a nice half wood half Ti AP. The way its set up, you can shotgun the carb using the "trombone" method.

DSC02465.jpg

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
@Vaporooni does it clip into the connector at 35 seconds into your video?

Right on @NYC_Frank you got your Blackwood!!
In the video above, The power pack is being used to show how portable it can be. Believe it or not, All induction heaters look like this without the fancy box. The parts are cheap and easy to get. You can put this in a pine box and put a high price on it.

Top Bottom