thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
@stark1 this perfectly conveys my mood yesterday.

And this one today!!
giphy.gif

@thejackalsmark thanks for the tip. I just use the ignore button in my head.

And this just to be really off topic
giphy.gif

I just realized....
I can never UNsee...
ANY of this... :doh: :rofl:

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

StringTheorista

I have multiple glass one-hitters that came for free with my GravLabs purchases that also fit my Dynavap tips. @RogueGuy 's stems are different, and better in my opinion than a straight glass tube or a one-hitter.
Agree. The @RogueGuy stem is the size of a small cigar. It also has built-in filtration (diffuser, which traps small particles) which my lungs appreciate.

thejackalsmark

High, everyone! :lol:

Lookie what mr. Mailman was kind enough to put in MY hands today? :D:clap::tup:
IMG-20190715-130231.jpg

Expected delivery for my new TRWW Glass stem, was Wednesday. :drool:

Nice Monday surprise! :tup::rockon:

Just beginning testing, but so far, one capful in, she absolutely lives up to everyone else's reviews!

Getting my titanium tip in the stem after placing the new O-rings over top of the old, was a little quirky.

One of my gray o rings kept trying to pop out of its spot and was throwing things off a bit but after fiddling with it for a quick minute everything seems good to go. :tup:

Already tried her like this,
and... :nod: Yeeah, Booiii!
IMG-20190715-131612.jpg

I'll get back to testing. Still got a SS Tip to test in her and through water with both tips.

@RogueGuy

Nice, solid, Glass stem, man! :clap:

I can already see she is going to become my new daily driver, and if you still have any of them, come payday, I'll be ordering that second backup one, for sure!

Back to testing.
It's absolutely grueling work..... But you know, somebody's got to do it. :shrug: :rofl:

Happy Vaping! :wave:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@thejackalsmark right on! Yah everything goes first class shipping so its usually 2-4 days.

I would recommend using your SS tip. I found that the Ti tip O ring config does not hold as well. I'm also using 3 orange rings on the SS. Leaving the bottom 2 on and replacing the top with an orange one.

thejackalsmark

@thejackalsmark right on! Yah everything goes first class shipping so its usually 2-4 days.

I would recommend using your SS tip. I found that the Ti tip O ring config does not hold as well. I'm also using 3 orange rings on the SS. Leaving the bottom 2 on and replacing the top with an orange one.

Yeah, here's what that Grey O-ring is doing.
IMG-20190715-134830.jpg

She is still seated just fine and securely in at the moment. Hits just fine and went from fresh pack small nugget to Brown out in three relaxed Cycles.

I will definitely set up the shadow M tip the way you described, in a few moments and test the next capful!

Wish me luck, folks.
I'm going in! :cool:

*EDIT* @RogueGuy Can you up a pic or 2 of how you set those O-rings up?

I've done it as per your earlier comment, AND replacing those 2 lower Grey ones. (so 2 different setups. Over O-rings and replacing originals) and she's going in kinda deep and tip of the scraper outer thingy on cap is touching just inside stem opening when seated.

I have to pull the tip back out a bit to trigger induction heater and in that position the tip it seems like it wants to come out.

I'm sure I'm probably just putting these O-rings on incorrectly.

Happy Vaping! :smug:

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@thejackalsmark replace the one closest the tip with an orange, leave the bottom two grey and put 2 orange between them. Ill upload a pic.

DSC02415.jpg

DSC02416.jpg

@stark1 unfortunately no control over that stem, and why I had been a little reluctant to sell it. I am however working on my own design and meeting with a glass blower this week.

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

@thejackalsmark replace the one closest the tip with an orange, leave the bottom two grey and put 2 orange between them. Ill upload a pic.

DSC02415.jpg

DSC02416.jpg

I finally got the SS in and seems secure with the right length of tip exposed to trigger the Caldron IH.

I had the O-rings set up on the Shadow M tip the way you had originally described but it just didn't want to seat securely and at the right depth the first try. :shrug:

Took ALL the O-rings off completely.

Put the first orange just under tip.

Put the two lower Gray's back on.

Then the two orange over and in between them.

IMG-20190715-155437.jpg

2nd try... PROFIT! :rockon: :tup: :clap:

Thanks for uploading those pics! They definitely helped confirm that I WASN'T going crazy when I set those Rings up. :lol: :tup:

There's an ever-so-slight taper to the end of the stem which I assume is to help accommodate a wider range of potential tips, given the proper o-ring usage/placement.

The downside from my testing on this is that it can make the tip fit just a little finicky.

Once I finally finagled everything around a bit and got it in place securely, though, everything was good to go and the stem seems to work just fine with my shadow M tip and titanium tip both.

The little filtration perc near the mouthpiece end of the stem is what really makes this one a winner.

Vapor is smoother and cooler than it was through the OG Chillum stem, in spite of being a good 1/2 inch shorter, because of that little beauty by the mouthpiece plus the extra internal diameter.

She's a good solid stem. I'd recommend her to anybody. :tup:

*Just may have to fiddle with your O-rings and the tip placement into the stem a bit when you first set it up.

Bottom line...

Now that she's is set up, this stem will definitely be my new daily for a while!

Happy Vaping! :spliff:

fazoflet

I did something really stupid by accident earlier. I burnt the edge of my nonavong body. It went black, and green later. I just left it until today, some of it came off, but still..
IMG-20190715-234108.jpg

I guess it's not safe to use this body until I get another one? I wouldn't even ask but in theory it's not a path of the vapor, right..

I'm just not sure what that is.

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I did something really stupid by accident earlier. I burnt the edge of my nonavong body. It went black, and green later. I just left it until today, some of it came off, but still..
IMG-20190715-234108.jpg

I guess it's not safe to use this body until I get another one? I wouldn't even ask but in theory it's not a path of the vapor, right..

I'm just not sure what that is.
I wouldnt use that until we know whats going on - just because a condenseri is the last part of airflow, doesnt mean its the only part of airflow

thats really weird can you post more pic fr different angles

what wood is that
how did you burn it
any other substances or chem involved
what was in the tip

I make wood stems, and I wouldnt expect to see sonething like that course I need more pics to know what immlookin at

fazoflet

Yeah, you're right about the airflow, my stem smelled slightly like vapor back then.
How I did it.. well, I wanted to try anodize a ti tip (empty) with my torch but i was clearly too high to think that i should remove all parts and use some tool to do it.. shame on me. I think the flame didn't touch body, it's about tip which was too hot. Photos still suck, i won't get anything better
IMG-20190716-021216.jpg

And more:
https://i.postimg.cc/259jr2Fz/IMG-20190716-020956.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/sj8fLHgm/IMG-20190716-021312.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/rTYpzsN4/IMG-20190716-021439.jpg

You could see more green on last photo but it disappeared. No other substances, it's dark wood.
I still feel so bad about this but it's better to ask than just throw out and maybe make another mistake.

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@fazoflet i have a couple thoughts and questions.

Was it ever wet by the tip? Not sure it would be possible to get mold otherwise.

Did it turn green while you were heating the tip?

Have you been oiling the stem? maybe the intense heat drew out some of the woods natural oils and ones you may have added. That doesnt however explain the green color.

Did you burn up the tip O rings inside the stem?

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Yeah, you're right about the airflow, my stem smelled slightly like vapor back then.
How I did it.. well, I wanted to try anodize a ti tip (empty) with my torch but i was clearly too high to think that i should remove all parts and use some tool to do it.. shame on me. I think the flame didn't touch body, it's about tip which was too hot. Photos still suck, i won't get anything better
IMG-20190716-021216.jpg

And more:
https://i.postimg.cc/259jr2Fz/IMG-20190716-020956.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/sj8fLHgm/IMG-20190716-021312.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/rTYpzsN4/IMG-20190716-021439.jpg

You could see more green on last photo but it disappeared. No other substances, it's dark wood.
I still feel so bad about this but it's better to ask than just throw out and maybe make another mistake.

Lol, sorry friend, dumbass move. We all make them at some point.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. It's wood with a sealant. You burned it. Clean it up, maybe a bit of sandpaper, a bit of Dynawax or similar and good to go.

Or it's always fun to buy a new stem. I've got three new ones ordered right now. Fun fun fun. :D

Top Bottom