• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Another way is mouth-pulls.

You pull with your cheeks as if you are sucking on a straw...the same way most people pull on a cigarette. Then, when your mouth is full of vapor, you take a very small inhale...just enough to pull the vapor down into your throat or barely into your lungs. You then "mouth-pull" again from your vape till your mouth is full, and take another small inhale to clear your mouth, but no more. And you continue doing this till your lungs feel 75-85% full, then inhale fresh air to top it off and to get everything from the "dead-zone" in your throat area into your lungs like you would a normal hit.

You should be able to stack anywhere from two or three to four to six of these mouth-pulls before you fill up your lungs if you inhale lightly enough between mouth-pulls (probably more like 2-4 before the click in a Dynavap Vapcap vaporizer). It works very well

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Ya know what today felt like?

christmas-in-july-words.jpg

:nod: :D :wave: :rockon::leaf: :smug: :cheers: :tup:

The dog daze of Summer

11jrqdy.jpg

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Another way is mouth-pulls.

You pull with your cheeks as if you are sucking on a straw...the same way most people pull on a cigarette. Then, when your mouth is full of vapor, you take a very small inhale...just enough to pull the vapor down into your throat or barely into your lungs. You then "mouth-pull" again from your vape till your mouth is full, and take another small inhale to clear your mouth, but no more. And you continue doing this till your lungs feel 75-85% full, then inhale fresh air to top it off and to get everything from the "dead-zone" in your throat area into your lungs like you would a normal hit.

You should be able to stack anywhere from two or three to four to six of these mouth-pulls before you fill up your lungs if you inhale lightly enough between mouth-pulls (probably more like 2-4 before the click in a Dynavap Vapcap vaporizer). It works very well

Thanks @Ramahs!

That's the best and most thorough description of a proper mouth pull that I've heard yet.

They should include this shit in a pamphlet that comes with ALL vaporizers. Proper mouth pull technique, proper lung pull technique.

I've seen people take a vaporizer and get horrible results and swear that it's defective or that the whole thing is pointless and Hand That device to somebody else who makes it look like a commercial because they'll take that same device and use it far more efficiently with better results.

The only "important" difference between the 2 people was proper knowledge and technique.

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :rockon:

Last edited:

david8613

In your regular stem with a carb or as George likes to call it an "Air Port" :cool:, outside air is drawn in through the hole and with the hot air that is going through your tip and material, the two combine, and then, condense down to make vapor.

With a glass stem or similar that has no carb/air port, your mouth basically takes it's place.

The best way and position to draw will be different for everyone ultimately.

For a lung pull, I would try this trick to zero in on what your Sweet Spot would be though.

Heat your Cap to where you're ready to begin drawing.

Now place your lips about an inch away from the stem where you will be drawing through the opening.

Now slowly move your lips closer and closer to the opening of the stem, drawing air into your mouth with a fair amount of suction.

Pretend that your lips are already on the stem and you are literally trying to take a lung hit.

Likely somewhere around a quarter of an inch away or a hair closer you'll start to see vapor being produced and moving through the stem toward the opening even though your lips are not actually touching it yet.

As you get closer, you'll notice that the cloud of vapor in the stem gets thicker. You will also more and more definitely notice the vapor entering your mouth and on its way to your lungs.

The goal is to just lightly touch your lips to the opening of the stem so that contact is barely felt and light enough that outside air can equally enter your mouth along with the vapor your drawing through the stem.

From there it's simply a matter of adjusting the vapor vs air ratio, by adjusting the power of your draw, and the amount of contact your lips have with the stem opening, and you'll find that sweet spot where the vapor begins to hit your tongue and lips NOTICEABLY COOLER than room temperature air.

I would say that's a perfect way to gauge what your sweet spot is for a lung pull. :tup: :rockon:

If you do mouth pulls, the technique is similar except you're sucking vapor through the stem first then inhaling versus just straight up inhaling from the stem. :spliff:

I hope that helps. This was more odd to try to explain, than it sounded in my head, as I initially read the question. :rofl:

Happy Vaping! :tup:

such good information, perfectly and simply described! I am new vapcap owner and i haven't used my 2019 "m" yet. this will help me so much! this should be stickled somewhere, thank you...

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
Been using the M quite a bit and finally have a decent technique. I was only getting vapor production after the third reheat due to heating too near the end of the cap. Applying heat farther down toward the stem produced milky vapor and complete extraction in one cycle. After three or four bowls the M is pretty warm so a glass stem is still in my sights.

My cap was incredibly loose on arrival and took repeated and sustained pressure to tighten, Dynavap has a video out to explain this issue with shadow M caps.

Does anyone else have a sharp spot on their cap? :shrug:

2u6nwue.jpg

The sharp spot on my cap was a manufacturing defect according to VapCap. They sent me out a replacement as soon as they got my e-mail. No hassle. :tup:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
So glad I stashed a dynastash in a crawl space at work. Especially on these killer hot days. I can duck out for a few get right then back to using power tools lol. May have to get another one or 2.
@RogueGuy I'll def be messing w posing images in the sand box. thanks. I'll give that site a try. Thanks. X

Last edited:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
In your regular stem with a carb or as George likes to call it an "Air Port" :cool:, outside air is drawn in through the hole and with the hot air that is going through your tip and material, the two combine, and then, condense down to make vapor.

With a glass stem or similar that has no carb/air port, your mouth basically takes it's place.

The best way and position to draw will be different for everyone ultimately.

For a lung pull, I would try this trick to zero in on what your Sweet Spot would be though.

Heat your Cap to where you're ready to begin drawing.

Now place your lips about an inch away from the stem where you will be drawing through the opening.

Now slowly move your lips closer and closer to the opening of the stem, drawing air into your mouth with a fair amount of suction.

Pretend that your lips are already on the stem and you are literally trying to take a lung hit.

Likely somewhere around a quarter of an inch away or a hair closer you'll start to see vapor being produced and moving through the stem toward the opening even though your lips are not actually touching it yet.

As you get closer, you'll notice that the cloud of vapor in the stem gets thicker. You will also more and more definitely notice the vapor entering your mouth and on its way to your lungs.

The goal is to just lightly touch your lips to the opening of the stem so that contact is barely felt and light enough that outside air can equally enter your mouth along with the vapor your drawing through the stem.

From there it's simply a matter of adjusting the vapor vs air ratio, by adjusting the power of your draw, and the amount of contact your lips have with the stem opening, and you'll find that sweet spot where the vapor begins to hit your tongue and lips NOTICEABLY COOLER than room temperature air.

I would say that's a perfect way to gauge what your sweet spot is for a lung pull. :tup: :rockon:

If you do mouth pulls, the technique is similar except you're sucking vapor through the stem first then inhaling versus just straight up inhaling from the stem. :spliff:

I hope that helps. This was more odd to try to explain, than it sounded in my head, as I initially read the question. :rofl:

Happy Vaping! :tup:
thanks so much for this excellent primer I tried it last night with the RWW glass stem, and it was a game changer for using that stem

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Bummer. That will fuck up these groups as least as bad as IMGUR did.

Who will be next...

If only we could host our own pics...
thats sad that tinypic is going under....I stopped using them awhile ago cuz it was a pain to use when it worked (their using the antobot password thing) and it was crasing alot

I am now using postimage... much easier, faster, and no crashs

It is still sad when a pic host goes dark...zillions of forums depend on pic hosting

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@stark1 super cool little bubbler!!

Bummer about tinypic. I hate going to early pages and finding all the photos are gone.

@CastIronHits DV provides!!

Met with Chris at Oregon Glass Lab this morning. Chris is an artist first but also an expert in scientific lab glass and works with clients all over the world. He has a studio, school and his wife runs a retail glass shop. We had an awesome meeting to discuss two projects, the custom TRWW glass stem and a custom heater for the SmokeStack vaporizer.

We talked design, cost and production and it seems that everything is within reasonable parameters.

He is producing 2 designs (prototypes), both will be large diameter. One will be a sleek utilitarian design and one will be more of an artistic traditional glass design. We also talked about doing both designs with and without carbs to give you more options.

I should be able to stay within the price point of the current glass stems on the market of $18-25 but with that big, thick cigar shape and feel.

While I'm super excited, I'm keeping my expectations low. These things have a way of not working out. But, I feel really good about Chris and Oregon Glass Lab, and I think we are going to make this happen.

https://www.facebook.com/Oregon-Glasslab-201995166591835/?rf=440484189383729
https://www.instagram.com/oregonglasslab/

Last edited:

Xclerk

@stark1 super cool little bubbler!!

Bummer about tinypic. I hate going to early pages and finding all the photos are gone.

@CastIronHits DV provides!!

I'M SHILLING THE FUCK OUT OF SOME GLASS!!!!!!!!

Met with Chris at Oregon Glass Lab this morning. Chris is an artist first but also an expert in scientific lab glass and works with clients all over the world. He has a studio, school and his wife runs a retail glass shop. We had an awesome meeting to discuss two projects, the custom TRWW glass stem and a custom heater for the SmokeStack vaporizer.

We talked design, cost and production and it seems that everything is within reasonable parameters.

He is producing 2 designs (prototypes), both will be large diameter. One will be a sleek utilitarian design and one will be more of an artistic traditional glass design. We also talked about doing both designs with and without carbs to give you more options.

I should be able to stay within the price point of the current glass stems on the market of $18-25 but with that big, thick cigar shape and feel.

While I'm super excited, I'm keeping my expectations low. These things have a way of not working out. But, I feel really good about Chris and Oregon Glass Lab, and I think we are going to make this happen.

https://www.facebook.com/Oregon-Glasslab-201995166591835/?rf=440484189383729
https://www.instagram.com/oregonglasslab/
Really excited to see what they come up w for you. Do I see some color in the future for TRWW. Keep chilsling at it. Telling you man I see big things for you. Havent really been on too much. But always peeking in

Chandler

Cot dayum. Away for a few weeks n yall got bout 20+ pages of chatter! Nuff love to Dynaverse FC! Miss a minute, miss what feels like an eternity!

the Ocean Blue Aristocrat, so I had to get one
Any and everybody who have used an aristocrat stem from sneaky Pete, please tell me about your experience/performance vs your vapcap daily drivers.
Thanks

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Same here...
evil-eyes-in-the-dark.jpg

:cool: :D

More often than not, there's a cool, funny, or enlightening post about something new, I didn't know.

(I SECRETLY hope for the FUNNY stuff, the MOST. (:rofl:)

@stark1 got busy earlier and forgot to mention, really likin the little sipper! :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :spliff::popcorn:

Only the sha-dow, knows.

Can’t wait to get my hands on RG’s new cee-gar host. Such swag.

Last edited:

SquanchKava

Cot dayum. Away for a few weeks n yall got bout 20+ pages of chatter! Nuff love to Dynaverse FC! Miss a minute, miss what feels like an eternity!

Any and everybody who have used an aristocrat stem from sneaky Pete, please tell me about your experience/performance vs your vapcap daily drivers.
Thanks

I use two twin 2018 M stems with wood mouthpieces as my morning daily drivers. Then in the evenings I switched to either one glass and one Danielj wood stem or two glass stems. And love all of them and their differences.
I find the taste a little better with glass but still think the standards taste good. The vapor is a bit cooler. The three different glass stems I have are the small Grav Lab testers, the Rogue Works, and now that Aristocrat. The Rogue cools the best and feels the nicest in the hand. The Aristocrat sits in the middle as in cooling effect to me but the mouthpiece on it is really nice. I dig how easier they are to roll over the torch, and the huge clouds and the extra amounts of pulls I get off of one cycle compared to normal DV's. It feels like you are holding and smoking a cigar with the carbless feel and the way they feel in the hand. They are like my sipping whiskey DV setups. They enticed me to move my o-rings down low on the condenser to block the airports on my morning daily drivers.

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
SWAG

Stuff. We. All. Get. :nod::o:cheers::spliff:

2cp5oq8.jpg

Or

OR...

Sealed. With. A. Gasket! :nod:

*crickets*

What? :shrug: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Good HOT Friday Morning,
ALL! :tup:

When it's ALREADY 85 F in the EARLY morning...
in Michigan... :bang: :evil: :o :evil:

Let's see. Vaping is made possible by a drop in air pressure and subsequently temperature.....

In order to save us all from a scorching day, I'm going to have to do some serious serious vaping today!

"Let's ALL do our part to keep those scorching temperatures down today!" :tup: :rockon: :lol:

"Up, Up, And AWAAAAY!"

*cheesy theme music to the Greatest American Hero plays in background* :rofl:

*Hits bird on the way up, which carves up face, and effectively kills future lucrative "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" commercials* :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Happy Vaping! :wave: :leaf: :rockon:

Last edited:

StringTheorista

Thanks
It’s nice. Feels swanky, heavy. Missed opportunity with the way the end of the mouthpiece is shaped—Pete says it mates with a 10mm joint, but it doesn’t do it well. Not as solid a connection as a standard DV mouthpiece has. I like the RWW glass stem more (it’s become my daily driver). That said, the Aristocrat, filled it with 11 6mm cooling beads and a ti tip, is very nice and cools the vapor a lot. Plus, that blue!

Xclerk

SWAG

Stuff. We. All. Get. :nod::o:cheers::spliff:

Think I may be over the cooling beads when I see all the awesome looking gem stones. Where do I get some of these for my dynavap? Nothing remotely like this avail around me.
Cant wait to get my hands on on of these shiny crystals to put through my 2019m I exclusively for concentrate. Im sure others do this as well. Including on my water pieces. Flower and concentrate leave a distinct diffrent taste i like to keep seperate. Except when mixing lol. Got seperate ones for that as well

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Cant wait to get my hands on on of these shiny crystals to put through my 2019m I exclusively for concentrate. Im sure others do this as well. Including on my water pieces. Flower and concentrate leave a distinct diffrent taste i like to keep seperate.
I have had little access to concentrates other than an occasional hit from an oil cart. That should all change come January and legal rec here, and I am looking forward to learning about them. Of course I picked up a dynacoil in anticipation, but it is still a virgin.

Top Bottom