Kalessin

Really love this thing. Don't want to jinx myself but I feel like I've mastered it. I can vape a full bowl to finish without any stirring now. I've begun to, instead of picking one spot on the cap and holding it in that position, move my flame up and down the cap until I hear the first click and then I move the flame down to the AV on the cap until it's done heating. Works wonderfully, very consistent hits.

HikaruEyre

Really love this thing. Don't want to jinx myself but I feel like I've mastered it. I can vape a full bowl to finish without any stirring now. I've begun to, instead of picking one spot on the cap and holding it in that position, move my flame up and down the cap until I hear the first click and then I move the flame down to the AV on the cap until it's done heating. Works wonderfully, very consistent hits.
I think one of the nice things about the VapCap is that it seems like there are hundreds of different techniques that work. I feel like I can mix my technique up instead of switching to one of my other vapes for something different.

Bizkat

A very detailed post explaining the TI Woody from December 15' by George. Very informative for a newbie vapcapper like me.

Ti Woody Explained in graphic detail.

Here it is. The pictures and explanation I am a bit overdue on. I needed to get the machining under control so I could get these beauties shipped, and needed to finish up a patent filing before I was able to get into all of the details. So here we go.

Here is what all the parts look like disassembled. An important note is this unit and all my current units are very easy to take apart and reassemble without tools. This is rather nice for cleaning.

IMG_20151220_194534882_zpsxujcwp8f.jpg

First thing to notice is how the condenser tube (the thin metal tube with the two o-rings on it) is longer than the wood stem. The allows the condenser to extend into the Titanium tip a good distance for a few important reasons.

#1 This reduces the amount of residue from extraction that comes in contact with the wood to almost zero. This keeps the wood from taking on an odor from whatever you are using in your unit.
#2 This helps with temperature and heat management. As some of you with VapCaps are aware, there is a substantial amount of air that comes in the air port or hole as the cap does fit somewhat tight. This airflow performs a few really important functions.
A. It cools the condenser tube which then helps cool the vapor as it transits from the extraction chamber.
B. As the air cools the condenser, it is warmed up which keeps the extraction at temperature longer.
#3 The coaxial arrangement of the condenser tube within the titanium tip creates a pressure drop as the dilution air velocity is accelerated as it flows through this annular space, and faster flow means lower pressure. A lower pressure here helps pull the vapor out of the extraction chamber in the titanium tip without the need for much flow through the tip.
I have heard many comments on the restricted flow through these devices, but please understand, it will be difficult to increase it substantially. The Ti tips should flow better and more consistently than the glass units as these are machined to a precise tolerance and the glass isn't. But keep in mind, the more airflow through the extraction chamber, the faster the temperature drop. There is a balance here that needs to be maintained and perhaps dialed in a bit more, but if all goes well, I will have that addressed soon. I am working on an airflow improvement and user actuated variable adjustment design, but am primarily focused on order fulfillment right now.

The condenser tube has two different sized four lobed O-rings on it. The larger one is on the end, and it allows for a friction fit into the end of the wood stem. The next one is just a bit smaller, and it helps keep the tube centered inside the stem. This one needs to be between the dilution air inlet port and the mouth end O-ring. If it is between the air port and the tip, it will block the airflow.

Next is the high temperature O-rings. These are awesome. Call me strange, but I really like O-rings. Extremely simple and useful devices. In this application, they serve several very important functions.

#1 Thermal isolation. These high temperature O-rings keep the really hot Ti tip from completely touching the wood. This reduces how hot the wood gets, and helps keep the Ti tip hot for a longer period.
#2 Fitment. The O-rings allow for variance in the wood internal diameter. This permits different expansion and contraction rates for the wood versus the Ti tip as well as the typical shifting in dimension wood experiences due to humidity. With these O-rings, the tip can just push right on and stay put.
#3 Universal fit. These tips represent the beginning of the DynaVap modular vaporizer system. These tips and the condenser tube will fit into both a Ti Woody stem, or a glass tube, and what I hope will be an ever increasing array of accessories both from me and hopefully some created by the vaporizer community. Just make a piece with an 8mm bore, and it fits! This also allows for the Ti Woody stem to be inverted in case you prefer your dilution air hole to be closer to the tip.

IMG_20151220_194719796_zpslydicueq.jpg

This picture shows how far the condenser tube goes into the Ti tip.

Here is a picture of the mouthpiece end with the condenser tube installed. It should be rather flush with the end of the wood. Does it get hot? Well if you touch it directly with your lips while completely plugging the dilution air port, you will probably notice the temperature, but I haven't found this to be a problem or the tube to be hot enough to hurt.

IMG_20151220_194959491_zpseyjscjvl.jpg

I also have a picture of the inside of the new Ti tips. The ceramic diffuser is held in place by a very small retainer ring and both pieces can be pushed out with, wait for it.... The condenser tube. No special tools needed! This gives the caretaker the ability to completely disassemble the unit to clean and or replace parts.

IMG_20151220_195139256_zpsb9qn0ap2.jpg

The helical grooves are intended for airflow. They are designed to channel the air around the fins and the around the extraction chamber to preheat it so it does not prematurely cool down the chamber below the required temperature for effective extraction.
I think they also look interesting.

IMG_20151220_195036475_zpsfxtlwwhy.jpg

As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or thoughts.

Cheers,

George

Farid

Ended up forgetting my butane and my lighter ran out. Used a bic and I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did it work very well, the soot it left wiped right off the cap, and the vapor was as good if not better than usual. I think the slow heat up time makes it easier to hit the sweet spot.

Times like this were the only times I'd smoke. When vaping just wasn't an option. Not anymore.

RelaxedNow

Ended up forgetting my butane and my lighter ran out. Used a bic and I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did it work very well, the soot it left wiped right off the cap, and the vapor was as good if not better than usual. I think the slow heat up time makes it easier to hit the sweet spot.

Times like this were the only times I'd smoke. When vaping just wasn't an option. Not anymore.

I agree on all points. I recently travelled with my Ti Burly, and couldn't take my torch......it seems TSA doesn't approve of them. I took a Bic lighter along, and though it does take a while, it works fine.

I definitely prefer the speed of the torch though. And, as soon as I get over the honeymoon with a recent battery-powered purchase, I'll put it to use.

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings,

So here I am almost a week after the 4$20 FIESTA and things are coming together well. I am working on the next round of efficiency upgrades to my "production line."

This should allow units to make it from the left side to the right side of my desk even faster. :)
And then in the midst of all this commotion, as I am getting the machining for the really cool wood mouthpieces figured out, and attending to order fulfillment, my friendly delivery guy shows up with a package containing another idea.

A delicious food grade finish to help the wood look even better. Check out the new burly and curly tips.

IMG_20160427_201330252_zpsihirfeco.jpg

I can hardly get over this eye candy. The process of taking the machined and shaped relatively boring wood looking mouthpieces and finishing them to look like this is addicting. Every one is a treat, as the finished look is so different and visually interesting. These are some of the most figured and appealing wood I have ever seen, and I am anxious to get these out there for more VapCapists to enjoy. I will try to take some video, as the picture only shows one side, and they even change the look depending on how the light hits.

And if that wasn't enough, although the copper puddles was interesting, and I think I will make a few available if there is interest....

This one takes it up a notch. Maybe we shall call it Copper Stoned. :)

IMG_20160427_195843130_HDR_zpsktpavyht.jpg

I think this is a great example of how versatile the VAS can be. Almost any material with a little imagination can be combined into this simple little vaporizer. And this design doesn't roll. And yes it fits into the DynaStash and the plastic automatic dishwasher tubes/airtight shipping containers.

So the next few days will be intense ones at the VapLab. Lots of pieces to make and many orders to fill. Going to have a car full of stuff for the post office.

To everyone waiting for a shipment, I very much appreciate your patience and understanding. It has been a wonderful and uplifting challenge trying to figure out how to contend with a growth rate that has exceeded my expectations again and again. Please hang in there.

Cheers,

George

Squiby

Greetings,

So here I am almost a week after the 4$20 FIESTA and things are coming together well. I am working on the next round of efficiency upgrades to my "production line."

This should allow units to make it from the left side to the right side of my desk even faster. :)
And then in the midst of all this commotion, as I am getting the machining for the really cool wood mouthpieces figured out, and attending to order fulfillment, my friendly delivery guy shows up with a package containing another idea.

A delicious food grade finish to help the wood look even better. Check out the new burly and curly tips.

I can hardly get over this eye candy. The process of taking the machined and shaped relatively boring wood looking mouthpieces and finishing them to look like this is addicting. Every one is a treat, as the finished look is so different and visually interesting. These are some of the most figured and appealing wood I have ever seen, and I am anxious to get these out there for more VapCapists to enjoy. I will try to take some video, as the picture only shows one side, and they even change the look depending on how the light hits.

And if that wasn't enough, although the copper puddles was interesting, and I think I will make a few available if there is interest....

I think this is a great example of how versatile the VAS can be. Almost any material with a little imagination can be combined into this simple little vaporizer. And this design doesn't roll. And yes it fits into the DynaStash and the plastic automatic dishwasher tubes/airtight shipping containers.

So the next few days will be intense ones at the VapLab. Lots of pieces to make and many orders to fill. Going to have a car full of stuff for the post office.

To everyone waiting for a shipment, I very much appreciate your patience and understanding. It has been a wonderful and uplifting challenge trying to figure out how to contend with a growth rate that has exceeded my expectations again and again. Please hang in there.

Cheers,

George

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!

The Stranger

Account Closed
I chickened out for some reason and didn't buy anything on 4 20. I don't know if I regret it or not but I'd still really like a wooden ti.

But I sure as hell don't even mind waiting to see whats going to be next because there is plenty more, I feel.

The Stranger,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow @VapCap really dig the work you are putting in bro, nicely done!

Wanted to do a quick round of Show & Tell, here is a small handful of Cocobolo VC woodies that are on their way to you George, never mind the teeny tiny lines you see in the wood, these are so finite that are always on the pieces when I am done before I butter and polish them so dont sweat em!

VC%20Woodies-%20Eds%20TnT_zpshk5gg8oi.jpg

You gotta love Cocobolo, the second piece from the right is outstanding, busted a couple pieces like it, not cool. These are going to make alot of people very happy!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

Wanted to do a quick round of Show & Tell, here is a small handful of Cocobolo VC woodies that are on their way to you George, never mind the teeny tiny lines you see in the wood, these are so finite that are always on the pieces when I am done before I butter and polish them so dont sweat em!

You gotta love Cocobolo, the second piece from the right is outstanding, busted a couple pieces like it, not cool. These are going to make alot of people very happy!

These look so beautiful. Do you also have some blackies on the road to George? Was determined to choose a dark one - but these are tempting too!
Fantastic job, Ed! :tup::clap::rockon:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
These look so beautiful. Do you also have some blackies on the road to George? Was determined to choose a dark one - but these are tempting too!
Fantastic job, Ed! :tup::clap::rockon:

Ahh yes sir I do have many Blackwood pieces in route as well, didnt shoot them cause they are hard to capture their true beauty in a pic, thats a tough species to portray, will tell you this that there are some stunners in those as well, a few of them have wavy grain patterns and some even have a burl eye here or there, really worth it if you want black! Get ya one my man!

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others

I'm hoping one of those is mine. They look great!

Greetings,

Cheers,

George
Looks like a bunch of great additions! The edit has been tough but I know it'll be worth it and it's nice to see how well spent that time has been. Keep up the great work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex03

Hey Guys, Sorry if im beeing blind but i can not find a way to creat an account at Gorges website dynavap.com All Im able to do is to place an order in my cart an then procced to check out. Then it says "If you have shopped with us before, please enter your details in the boxes below. If you are a new customer, please proceed to the Billing & Shipping section"

im i right that i can not creat an account after my first order?

Also is credit card the only means to pay at dynavap?

Sorry but english is not my first language. Am I missing something or am a understanding sth. wrond?

Thanks fellow vapers ;)

Alex03,

Oogendoogan

Greetings,

Cheers,

George

This is absolutely great to see! I have lurked these forums for a long time and through this thread I really made my decision to go with the vap cap and seeing this thread and vape develop just makes me so happy that I did. I am still using my girlfriends og until my TI Woody comes and I have been nothing short of satisfied and honestly surprised in how well this little vape works. I keep either my LSV or SSV on all day most days and I've used my lotus for over a year and I find myself reaching for my OG cap more and more, well when my girlfriend is over lol! It continues to surprise me that this little vape can perform on the same level as one of my desktops. When my Blackwood Woody comes in I think I might have a new daily driver. Anyways this is my first post and I am just glad that I am going to own one of these beautiful vaporizers. I ordered a TI Woody with a short Blackwood body, and a contrasting mouthpiece color, I hope I get one with spots!! anyone with a short Blackwood body care to comment on their vape? I think that the short will be more sleek and inconspicuous, also i vape through water pipes mostly at home and that short body with the rubber mouthpiece seems like a pretty cool bong set up. Glad to finally post on these forums and glad to watch this amazing vape develop. Stay medicated and keep vaping everyone!

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
@Oogendoogan welcome! Glad you are enjoying the OG. I have a Blackwood shorty body with my XL condenser and mouthpiece kit. It is awesome. I switch out weekly from the shorty with the MP to the regular burly with the MP. Both are exceptional and the mouthpiece is a definite improvement over the normal ti woody IMO. You will love it.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
My XL condenser and tips arrived!
This little vape managed to get even better!!!!
lsGYQB7.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pic!

George is simply awesome, I bought a few spares, a couple of mouthpieces and the XL condenser, and he threw in some de-gummed hemp fiber and a quad torch!
Outstanding @VapCap, thank you SO much.

Until XL DynastashER's become available I think I'm going to try to make a travel tube out of bamboo, wish me luck!

Oogendoogan

@Oogendoogan welcome! Glad you are enjoying the OG. I have a Blackwood shorty body with my XL condenser and mouthpiece kit. It is awesome. I switch out weekly from the shorty with the MP to the regular burly with the MP. Both are exceptional and the mouthpiece is a definite improvement over the normal ti woody IMO. You will love it.
Thank you! It is good to hear that someone with both body's enjoys the short one. I may pick up a normal size Woody body or maybe a Wong body in the future so I can switch it up. Maybe you can help me with a another question. Does the xl condenser mouthpiece kit fit in the short body? Or do you just have the ability to put a mouthpiece on the short body? And also what is the difference with the xl condenser? Is it just longer? Or does it affect the performance of the vape? Thanks.

Top Bottom