Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
@vapen00b With a little more forethought and a jig it could have been a much better job. It was one of those spur of the moment VC inspired things. Masking tape pencil and the dremel. Also managed to 'drill' a 0.5mm hole in it.
I've only had a couple of bowls so nothing to report of any substance yet. Off on a 'busman's holiday' tomorrow and it's a 6 hour drive, and as I am passenger guess what I shall be doing.

@HD Springer I remember what you were like, and what happened, when it was Zion time. Oh to be a fly on the wall at your house when you get that tracking email.
I am looking forward to hearing from you, Granny and all the other VC virgins who I've conversed with in the other threads I've visited over the last year.

@Copacetic having spoken with George the 'blacking' process changes the properties of the SS and they will not take a groove. I haven't had enough time trying it so can't pass anymore judgement other than it works and looks real pretty.
The glass is 10mm boro with an 8mm bore. Even before I had my first order in hand I had some dimensions to work with so I bought glass, SS, brass tubes and of course wood. My VCAS seems to be following the overall VC development. Happily spiraling out of control.

@Ruta you know you are always welcome. Teak stem next. Lets see if it's impregnated with the same mentalness as mine. The blank looks like it may have absorbed some other issues given the lovely black spalted type markings.
For those who may not know this is how you can get a piece of wood to behave when it's 2 foot long and you want most of it to be 9/16th thick. Welders leather glove wouldn't want a nasty splinter now would I.
802gkkd.jpg
No gloves near spinning machinery!!!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Yup, I've got the combination in mine as we speak.
Thanks man, that's fantastic. Still can't picture how this can fit in the DS...
OG + XL + MP > DS ... At least this was said about the woody + xl + mp. I'm a little confused. Please be patient with me..:D
Can't wait to receive mine to actually partake actively here :)

:peace:

vapen00b,
Reactions: VegNVape

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Thanks man, that's fantastic. Still can't picture how this can fit in the DS...
OG + XL + MP > DS ... At least this was said about the woody + xl + mp. I'm a little confused. Please be patient with me..:D
Can't wait to receive mine to actually partake actively here :)

:peace:
Are you taking the Ti' tip into consideration when you're adding up the total length?
'Cos it should be:
Ti tip+Woody body+XL/MP
(mouthpiece doesn't add any length to the XL BTW)

Maybe that's longer than:
OG+XL/MP
:hmm:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Been going through the thread and just read this:

"The XL condenser and mouthpiece kit does fit onto original VapCaps, and rather well at that. This configuration allows for some mid range functionality improvements as well dressing it up a bit. Oh and just to alleviate any concern, the length doesn't change and it will fit into both the airtight tubes and the DynaStash or DynaStashER in either configuration."

So... time to alter my order for a dynastash. So you add the add the amount with the contribute to the cause product and put in what order number to add it to?

What an intense few days this has been!
Many good things coming together. I am finally putting the pieces in place to allow for better and faster production. I hope to have almost all of the current VapCap orders out this week.

IMG_20160409_155810435_zps3qplza7z.jpg

There are actually 50 VapCaps in this box.

The Ti Woodies are lagging a bit behind as they are more special, and require some extra special parts and a bit of TLC to put together.
I have some good news though. I was hoping for this, but wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but it seems to have worked out fine. The XL condenser and mouthpiece kit does fit onto original VapCaps, and rather well at that. This configuration allows for some mid range functionality improvements as well dressing it up a bit. Oh and just to alleviate any concern, the length doesn't change and it will fit into both the airtight tubes and the DynaStash or DynaStashER in either configuration.

IMG_20160418_230435829_zps0vmyff9g.jpg

So in addition to the much nicer looking mouthpieces, they also spin freely which makes it easier to rotate while heating. In addition to this, the position of the centering O-ring can be adjusted to partially restrict the air/vapor ratio port allowing for a set it and forget it arrangement and hands free operation during extraction. :)
I think we will call it the VapCap S (Spin or special)

Also, after much thought and deliberation, I will be offering a 4$20 special. I will offer a VapCap 4 $20 all day on 4-20 This will only be available on 4-20 and the price will return to normal on 4-21. To keep this simple my 4-20 special will begin at midnight where I live in Wisconsin Central Standard Time and continue until my clock reads 4-21. This offer is also good for anyone of my awesome customers who are patiently waiting for their goodies. You may add a VapCap 4 $20 to any existing un-shipped order. I will have an add to existing order option in the shop.

I very much appreciate all the support I have received here for the development and release of the VapCap.

Cheers,

George

Metabolize

I'm Ordering my OG this Friday. When it arrives I am definitely going to DIY a way to connect it to my Easy Flow bubbler mouthpiece that I currently use with my Arizer Air.
( https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/arizer-air/solo-bubbler-mouthpiece.html?page=all )

I imagine the vapcap mouthpiece (or fat mouthpiece) will fit into the herb chamber of the bubbler...so it's just going to be figuring out a way of securing them together.

But...That got me thinking...it would probably be quite easy for george to just combine the two products to bring out a kind of... 'BubblerVap' i'll call it lmao!

Here's a very rough concept mockup of what I was imagining... a bubbler mouthpiece as is...but with a smaller, vapcap sized herb chamber

yZV8qRB.jpg

I believe that the EasyFlow people are affiliated with @VapeFiend.com (I could be wrong but I couldn't find a dedicated easyflow website or anything) I wonder if @VapCap and @VapeFiend.com would be interested in colaborating to make my dream come true? :D

Last edited:

geraldus

I'm Ordering my OG this Friday. When it arrives I am definitely going to DIY a way to connect it to my Easy Flow bubbler mouthpiece that I currently use with my Arizer Air.
( https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/arizer-air/solo-bubbler-mouthpiece.html?page=all )

I imagine the vapcap mouthpiece (or fat mouthpiece) will fit into the herb chamber of the bubbler...so it's just going to be figuring out a way of securing them together.

But...That got me thinking...it would probably be quite easy to just combine the two products to bring out a kind of... 'BubblerVap' i'll call it lmao!

Here's a very rough mockup of what I was imagining... a bubbler mouthpiece as is...but with a vapcap sized herb chamber

yZV8qRB.jpg

I believe that the EasyFlow people are affiliated with @VapeFiend.com (I could be wrong but I couldn't find a dedicated easyflow website or anything) I wonder if @VapCap and @VapeFiend.com would be interested in colaborating to make my dream come true? :D
neat set-up ! I'll bet george is working on this already !

Metabolize

neat set-up ! I'll bet george is working on this already !

I hope so! I'd 100% buy it! I only vape through water, but the vapcap is such a neat little device. The pic isnt what my setup will be though :( ...My DIY version is going to literally be the og vapcap strapped to the bottom of my bubbler somehow! haha!

The pic is just a concept of what I guess George and EasyFlow could potentially make :D

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
The vibe in here always reminds me of the puffitup thread (which should definitely sell vapcaps when he finally get's a surplus).

herbalist33

Does anyone know whether the provided stash tubes (the green and purple ones) play nice with ISO or other solvents?

I know it's safe to put ISO in them (I have been doing this to clean my OG glass, as have other users here), but I'm just wondering whether it is safe to evaporate off the ISO and vape the reclaim. Or are the stash tubes likely to leech chemicals into the ISO?

I suppose @VapCap is the man to ask, but I'm pretty sure he's got his hands full at the moment.

Peace

herbalist33,

Metabolize

Does anyone know whether the provided stash tubes (the green and purple ones) play nice with ISO or other solvents?

I know it's safe to put ISO in them (I have been doing this to clean my OG glass, as have other users here), but I'm just wondering whether it is safe to evaporate off the ISO and vape the reclaim. Or are the stash tubes likely to leech chemicals into the ISO?

I suppose @VapCap is the man to ask, but I'm pretty sure he's got his hands full at the moment.

Peace

You want to evaporate in something glass really, so when you're scraping up the reclaim you don't get any plastic shavings in the honey :)

A pyrex petri dish is ideal for air evaporation.

Last edited:

YaFreekin Right

But...That got me thinking...it would probably be quite easy for george to just combine the two products to bring out a kind of... 'BubblerVap' i'll call it lmao!

Here's a very rough concept mockup of what I was imagining... a bubbler mouthpiece as is...but with a smaller, vapcap sized herb chamber

yZV8qRB.jpg

Or you could buy basically the same thing for less than $5 --> Here

It mates with the mouthpiece of the OG VapCap.

Metabolize

Or you could buy basically the same thing for less than $5 --> Here

It mates with the mouthpiece of the OG VapCap.

Omg you're fucking amazing! That's exactly what I need...its basically the bubbler mouthpiece with the herb chamber removed! Perfect! It will make the completed piece about 2cm shorter if I use that! :D (Not to mention you save me $30!)

TY TY TY

I'd still love george to make an official one though because that would make it an additional 1-2cm shorter again :)

Last edited:

herbalist33

You want to evaporate in something glass really, so when you're scraping up the reclaim you don't get any plastic shavings in the honey :)

A pyrex petri dish is ideal for air evaporation.

Thanks for the reply my friend, although you didn't quite understand what I was asking- I'm familiar with how to evaporate off the ISO (on a Pyrex dish), but what I am wondering is whether it is safe to do this with ISO that has been stored in the the stash tubes.

Are the stash tubes completely inert in that they don't leech anything into the solvent? And so would it be safe to empty the ISO out onto a Pyrex dish and evap? Or should I just chuck the ISO down the drain?

Thanks again for the reply though.... I've been using the same ISO to clean my vapcaps for a few weeks, and judging by the colour of the ISO, there's a nice big dab of reclaim suspended in it, I just don't know whether it's going to taste of plastic having been stored in one of the stash tubes for the same amount of time.
Peace

killick

But I like it!
@herbalist33 I'd not chance it myself, not when there are so many better options. I have a couple of glass tubes in a drawer that came with HI stems in them - one of them with a bit of EC or ISO in there and you'd be good to go, but I'd hate to accidentally vape anything that could potentially leach from cheapie plastic parts.

Tommy10

Same old same but with an old edi-t p16 scope mountable torch I found, used to spot light with it I assume the battery is a low because it will glow a foxes eyes at 150m back in 2011 when last used. Might charge them and see if it works better!
Seems to show the cloud a bit better.
Still daily driver without condenser, silicone ring over the carb, it's too hard to adjust airflow with the silicone and carb, so I just put it in the WP more loosely to balance out the draw restriction.

Metabolize

Thanks for the reply my friend, although you didn't quite understand what I was asking- I'm familiar with how to evaporate off the ISO (on a Pyrex dish), but what I am wondering is whether it is safe to do this with ISO that has been stored in the the stash tubes.

Are the stash tubes completely inert in that they don't leech anything into the solvent? And so would it be safe to empty the ISO out onto a Pyrex dish and evap? Or should I just chuck the ISO down the drain?

Thanks again for the reply though.... I've been using the same ISO to clean my vapcaps for a few weeks, and judging by the colour of the ISO, there's a nice big dab of reclaim suspended in it, I just don't know whether it's going to taste of plastic having been stored in one of the stash tubes for the same amount of time.
Peace
Ahhhhh....I see what u mean! That makes a lot more sense. I did think it was a bit of a strange thing to ask when u seemed to already understand iso reclaim :D

bhawkins94

To those who contributed to the dynastasher fundraiser and have received it I have a question. Did you receive a shipping order and if you did which contribution did you choose?

bhawkins94,
Top Bottom