phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@vapen00b With a little more forethought and a jig it could have been a much better job. It was one of those spur of the moment VC inspired things. Masking tape pencil and the dremel. Also managed to 'drill' a 0.5mm hole in it.
I've only had a couple of bowls so nothing to report of any substance yet. Off on a 'busman's holiday' tomorrow and it's a 6 hour drive, and as I am passenger guess what I shall be doing.

@HD Springer I remember what you were like, and what happened, when it was Zion time. Oh to be a fly on the wall at your house when you get that tracking email.
I am looking forward to hearing from you, Granny and all the other VC virgins who I've conversed with in the other threads I've visited over the last year.

@Copacetic having spoken with George the 'blacking' process changes the properties of the SS and they will not take a groove. I haven't had enough time trying it so can't pass anymore judgement other than it works and looks real pretty.
The glass is 10mm boro with an 8mm bore. Even before I had my first order in hand I had some dimensions to work with so I bought glass, SS, brass tubes and of course wood. My VCAS seems to be following the overall VC development. Happily spiraling out of control.

@Ruta you know you are always welcome. Teak stem next. Lets see if it's impregnated with the same mentalness as mine. The blank looks like it may have absorbed some other issues given the lovely black spalted type markings.
For those who may not know this is how you can get a piece of wood to behave when it's 2 foot long and you want most of it to be 9/16th thick. Welders leather glove wouldn't want a nasty splinter now would I.
802gkkd.jpg

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
After carrying my shorty body and mouthpiece for a week or so, I decided it was time to give the XL kit a try again. Well since it won't fit in the tubes or dynastash I'd been thinking of something to tote this thing around in since I got it.
I wanted something sturdy to carry it in, since I've already ran over my OG a while back:bang:

So I started with a copper tube cut to length and bent the cap slightly out of round so it friction fit nicely. Well...that was nice and coppery and all, but handling copper makes your hands reek.

I figured I'd just seal it, but came across an easy patina recipe and a day later and a several coats of clear coat later, it looks pretty sweet.

I wrapped some hemp around it and tethered the top onto it with a tiny hole in the lid.

The pics kind of run together but I'm lazy and only uploaded one pic.

Ti Burly with dual metal crowns with XL condenser and red mallee MP

RHzqa0D.jpg

I'd like to think I inspired George with the copper as I showed him the shiny copper version of this when I first made it and he let me know how much he likes copper. But I'm sure the mad scientist already had that copper dripped stem in mind long ago.

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Hey @VapCap

Really like the "copper puddle" finish although to be honest I think I would prefer even more copper coloring, rather than the silver, in order to provide more coordination with a wooden MP. And, while I'm imposing my uninvited opinions here, I would say that I might also prefer naming it "Cobble Stones"....if you can appreciate the double' entendre'? :brow:

Keep on keepin' on, George!

Last edited:

Kalessin

I am in desperate need of one of those black caps....I'm waiting on a short blackwood body and matching mouthpiece and if I had a black cap to top it off..... Jeeze, I hope they are available soon :love:

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
That's exactly what I've been using. Triple torch jet line. Works pretty decent. Ignitor could be a little easier to push but I'm nitpicking.

Edit: I do agree with @flotntoke, it can definitely be found cheaper while out and about, but not a bad deal straight to the door I suppose.

I alternate between this one and a 45° dual torch which I really like.
I have a couple of Honest single flames that the ignitor is super smooth on. I really like those but who knows if their other models are the same ignitor.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Never used that particular one, but hope it's really nice. Looks a bit expensive for that type.

I just picked up a nice double flame at a local smoke shop for $8. A little classier looking, and really liking the 2 jet flame. Think it is the happy medium I've been looking for as triple jet seems a bit too much and single works great but takes a little longer to click.

I've found a pretty good system to load quickly from my DynaStash. Seems pretty obvious to me, but thought I would share in case others are having trouble. Open the top of the stash side and hold it sideways with that side on bottom. Use the open end of VC to churn and loosen things up a little. Give a couple scoops while holding the DynaStash open end tipped up just a bit (so nothing falls out) and scoop a couple times with the VC while holding it so the tip is a little higher than vertical. Make sure you keep it at that angle while you pull it out. Working so well I figured out I was trying to scoop from an empty space the other day! I figured that would never happen as there would always be a bit stuck in there like it was with old smoking dugouts. But, it only had a few flakes floating around in there.

little maggie

I have trouble with some of the lighters that need to be pushed down and held. The easiest one I've found is this: http://www.amazon.com/JetLine-Double-Torch-Flame-Metal/dp/B007CMGMI8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_468_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=31ZTuaY7XbL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR188,320_&refRID=19ZXM8K29BYGM1MBTWXE
Works great with the dynavap even though it's double and not triple

I also have been using the following one for over a year and it also works great. Better than some of the triple torches I've tried.
http://www.amazon.com/Scorch-Torch-..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=14GCSWK8CJ4DZRB7D6P5

little maggie

I think George has developed his own category of acquisition urge: DAS. As reasonable as his vapes are, keeping up with his inventions is going to be a problem. I convinced myself that all I needed was the woody and the omni was unnecessary. That didn't last. So I'm waiting for my woody and now an omni and a vong.
And people here are talking about different length stems which I must need.
It's obvious, given the copper picture, that he's not going to stop inventing. Is there a cure?

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
I think George has developed his own category of acquisition urge: DAS. As reasonable as his vapes are, keeping up with his inventions is going to be a problem. I convinced myself that all I needed was the woody and the omni was unnecessary. That didn't last. So I'm waiting for my woody and now an omni and a vong.
It's obvious, given the copper picture, that he's not going to stop inventing. Is there a cure?
Just think of each new purchase as an investment into George's next invention.

Eyedunno

I was hoping I could resist this, but then I saw the copper puddles, dammit. I feel like the next logical step is anodized aluminum. I like purple stuff and wouldn't mind a purple Omnivap. :p Or hey, anodized titanium, what about that?

Archaicrevival

And this? @VapCap

Greetings,
I finished my first hybrid prototype a few minutes ago. The business end has been upgraded to titanium. Please let me know what you think. This is the direction I am hoping to go with Ed, titanium tips that is. We are hoping to substitute the glass for wood and titanium. I think the glass has it's place, and it definitely works well, but it seemed there was a need to satisfy the craving for something a bit more interesting than clear glass. A key feature of this design is the thermal isolation of the titanium end. This will allow for continued use without burning your fingers!

Plain titanium
IMG_20150729_101703596_zpsjsqtd7vj.jpg

Colored titanium

IMG_20150729_103028929_zps9gin1haj.jpg

IMG_20150729_103654724_zpsxujbatyu.jpg

Assembled unit. Same length. Still fits nicely in the air tight plastic tube.

IMG_20150729_103811407_zps0nuyd2n0.jpg

Thank you everyone.

George

Archaicrevival,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Archaicrevival I've changed to a mesh size similar to yourself. The bowl of my 7 fin tip is wider so the Titan ones don't fit. I hand cut the finer mesh slightly bigger for an interference fit. The Titan ones were good but needed a bit more cleaning. So far the finer mesh has been better. No bits in my mouth when loading and less gumming up. I bought spare screen clips so I will cut some to the correct size and use a clip to secure them in place. Lost one already 'pea shooter' style unloading.

lemmeadem

I've successfully kicked VAS for the most part. I'm not even in for a Zion or Grasshopper come production anymore. Why bother?

As long as I have a fixed temp. Vape on the side for when I need consistent temperature, me and the Omni are gonna be best friends till death do us part.

anasrzi

Still got a Milaana on preorder which I'm very excited about but I'm more than happy with the omni even more so now than the glass version, it extracts so much better and I get everything in one lungful, plenty of vapours can be seen on exhale. It's staying incredibly clean as well which right now is a lifesaver as I've got a broken leg and standing to clean the bloody thing is the last thing I wanna be doing.

HikaruEyre

I have trouble with some of the lighters that need to be pushed down and held. The easiest one I've found is this: http://www.amazon.com/JetLine-Double-Torch-Flame-Metal/dp/B007CMGMI8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_468_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=31ZTuaY7XbL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR188,320_&refRID=19ZXM8K29BYGM1MBTWXE
Works great with the dynavap even though it's double and not triple

I also have been using the following one for over a year and it also works great. Better than some of the triple torches I've tried.
http://www.amazon.com/Scorch-Torch-Gabon-Single-Lighter/dp/B00DIKAKLS/ref=pd_sim_121_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41INGtm9CEL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=14GCSWK8CJ4DZRB7D6P5
I recently order a nice Xikar dual tip that should arrive tomorrow that is more of a squeeze like the second one you linked. http://www.amazon.com/Xikar-Allume-...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
I hear you. I was drooling over the Ti Woody and finally pulled the trigger right before the XL Condenser hit the scene. I told myself I would wait for a while on that since every brings something else but I just couldn't do it. Added the XL today. I may need to hide the credit card before the wife takes me out.

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
Somehow I failed to notice that there are 3 pages of products. I'm thinking of adding either the XL condenser or the Vapcap S to my order. Can someone who owns these comment on which they prefer.
I obviously don't have it yet but I believe the S is just the OG with an XL package. One of the big advantages I've seen with the XL is that you can spin the Vapcap while holding the MP which makes it easier to heat. I've heard there may be better airflow as well. Hopefully this will last me a while before I cave and get the Omni.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I was pulling the cap off my og and the end cracked off. I was just going to buy a new glass body but then I saw the vapcap s and decided to go for that. I'm 99% sure but I just want to double check before it ships, that wouldn't fit in the dynastash right? Just with the og mouthpiece and condenser?

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: vapen00b
Top Bottom