Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
And then there is "The VonG" (VapCap on Glass.) I have been working on this design for a while and have several iterations of it still in development, but here is the first one. .......
............This one is an @Ed's TnT blackwood special. ...........
..........plus it has a 14mm WPA taper on the mouth end........
IMG_20160324_161104030_zpsg9d9xsxq.jpg

IMG_20160326_163351958_zpspx3fyz0n.jpg

Cheers!

George

This is all just great news George! :cheers:
These are brilliant developments :science:
The Ed/Dynavap tag-team is really producing the goods!
Ed might be holding off on the custom work for a while to get production inventory made, but if you two keep reading my mind a custom won't be necessary :rockon:

Definitely put me down for one of those XL condenser tubes, they are coooool.
And I too am hoping for a wooden mouthpiece BTW.

Sorry about the hatchet job on your post, but I'd like to express a desire to buy an 18/14mm VonG, so my fingers are crossed that one of the iterations you still have in development is something like the Ed's WonG/VonG that you posted on your Instagram, but with both 14 and 18 fittings.
A VonG version of this:
aokmhbf.jpg

Quite a specific request I know, but it's what I dream of!
So if it's a model you've been working on already, put me down for one of those too!

I can't believe how quickly the Dynavap evolution is occurring :o.

RelaxedNow

I'm trying to resist the urge to purchase the OmniVap.

I'm really happy with my Ti Burly, so I don't need another vaporizer.

Somebody should start a pool for predicting how long I can hold out.

Tommy10

Had a good day with the vapcap MP into 14/18 m-m and into the beaker Bong. Loving the screen, and this thing just gets so thick, even with carb open. I think I could take the bowl a little bit smaller again, using some pretty decent and dense bud at the moment, sometimes a pluck can last longer than one draw, where as I have been aiming for long milky draw, and cleaning as it thins, effectively single hit loads.

horst

horsed
@horst, is that a 510 drip-tip?
(Nice BTW)
And how did you mod it to fit?

Exactly, good eye ;)

It's a Stainless Steel Drip Tip from Aspire, shipped with the Aspire K1 and Nautilus Clearomizers. I also saw them sold seperatly for ~4$.

n1Xp1y5.jpg

The mod is really simple, I just cut the ring with the red mark.
Between the red and green marks you can see the original position of the transparent O-ring, remove the ring and this part fits snug with the stem of the VC.
I put the O-ring in the green marker area to mask that little gap in the green area.
Done.

But I'm not perfectly happy with it yet, it fits snug but it only goes about 2mm into the stem so it can be removed too easy and I'm scared of breaking the beautiful wood stem. I will enhance the mod next time with another Drip Tip and will not remove the red marked ring but try to taper it instead. Will try it with sandpaper as it is only 0.8mm to work away. This needs to be applied for the green marked ring also for perfect fit. If sandpaper doesn't work out I will need to look out for someone with a lathe.
With this improved mod the Drip Tip should slide 7mm into the stem and also provide a O-ring area in it, guess that'd be enough protection against accidential lost and damage.

Sadly no sandpaper at hand until tuesday. :cry:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Greetings!

What an action packed week it has been! It seems like the faster I assemble and ship orders, the more behind I get. What a wonderful conundrum.
But other than the orders that keep coming in news, I have some additional developments which I am very excited to share!

First, here are a few more of the OmniVap betas preparing for their journey. I even outfitted one of them with a Burl Day Suit. This is to show off the modularity of the VAS. More cool components to come!

IMG_20160326_163237678_zpshugizqv7.jpg

And then there is "The VonG" (VapCap on Glass.) I have been working on this design for a while and have several iterations of it still in development, but here is the first one. I think I will call it a VonG stem. This one is an @Ed's TnT blackwood special. And it is awesome. It feels exceptionally nice in the hand and of course all of the standard Ti Woody components fit into it interchangeably, plus it has a 14mm WPA taper on the mouth end.
Over the next few weeks I hope to have VonG bodies for the OmniVap as well as the Ti Woody and Ti Glassy. What I mean by this to be more specific is, a body is a short version of a stem. The Ti Woody and Ti Glassy come with 62mm "stems". So there is not room in the air tight tubes or the DynaStash for any additional length for a mouthpiece. So I have a short "body" which is 45mm. The standard "mouthpiece" will be 17mm. So the combined length then with a body and a mouthpiece of any material or design will result in the same length as a standard Ti Woody or Ti Glassy.

IMG_20160324_161104030_zpsg9d9xsxq.jpg

This expands the modular system substantially, now allowing for an even wider range of choices of bodies and mouthpieces so the unit can reflect more closely the individual's taste and preference. Plus it makes it easy to update as well.

Then, what can be seen here is another configuration many of you have asked for. A longer Ti Woody (but will fit the Ti Glassy as well.) This is a standard Ti Woody with a new Teflon mouthpiece. This is all held together with the new XL SS condenser. So everything fits easy and is held together just like the Ti Glassy, Ti Woody and really all of the modular models with precision fit O-rings. Changing from a standard Ti Woody or Ti Glassy to an XL one takes only a few seconds, and this modification is backwards compatible with all previous versions too. :)

IMG_20160326_163320478_zpsqzc9nrex.jpg

And with the XL SS condenser showing.

IMG_20160326_163351958_zpspx3fyz0n.jpg

And the last thing I would like to share is an offer to help spread the VapCap love. I am looking for assistance with translating my instructions and potentially other things into as many languages as possible. I currently have French, Spanish, Polish and German in the works. I know there are many bilingual members here as I have interacted with several, and have shipped to many different countries, so please contact me if you are interested in participating.

In conclusion, Thank You again! I know without a doubt in my mind it is this community that has not only accelerated the development of the VapCap, but has helped me exceed my hopes of this project growing into a full time affair.

Cheers!

George

Well well, would you get a look at that wood in different configurations, very neat indeed! I especially like the full bodied woody 14mm Blackwood, maybe you could say I am a little biased but hey suppose I have the right! Very cool to see all this put together @VapCap George, be nice to get this new piece in production soon enough!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Very nice indeed!
I wish the Omni would have round ends like that, maybe it is not too late for George to modify it.

I definitely prefer the rounded ends, it's a much more inviting and comfortable look.

:cry::cry::cry:

I much prefer this shape:
IMG_20150823_201013336_zpspn689ii8.jpg

In fact, I really like the whole vape!

[/:cry:]

How about......a small adapter to make the VapCap 510 drip tip compatible?
The selection of drip tips available is mind-boggling, and sure to have something to satisfy all!

bounce5

I hope so, because the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the Omni was to modify the mouthpiece to a rounded one like the one on the woody picture.

When I saw the mouthpiece on the Omni I thought - Why?! It's not bad, but does have a peculiar bowtie shape to it. I don't mind it if there is a good reason for it. Otherwise it seems like a more rounded one like the drip tip would be preferable ergonomically and aesthetically. At least it would be nice to have an option more like the drip tip.

HikaruEyre

When I saw the mouthpiece on the Omni I thought - Why?! It's not bad, but does have a peculiar bowtie shape to it. I don't mind it if there is a good reason for it. Otherwise it seems like a more rounded one like the drip tip would be preferable ergonomically and aesthetically. At least it would be nice to have an option more like the drip tip.
I think the wedge of the bow-tie may help to keep between lips or teeth. This may be helpful depending on the weight.

HikaruEyre,

Archaicrevival

I gotta get something else, this glass isn't working for me...Today the cap got stuck so i decided to try and wait for it to cool down then twist a bit to get the cap off...the whole front half of the glass broke slicing my thumb blood everywhere glass everywhere, what a disaster. I gotta get a TI woody or something.

Archaicrevival,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
OG VapCap arrived the other day. Have been having quite a bit of fun with it all weekend!

As many have already said, I'm amazed at how well this little puppy extracts and the flavor it produces. If you like to step up temps on any vape, you'll love this thing!! It kind of does it for you. First heat very light but extremely tasty vapor. Second heat, hold on! Plenty of thick vapor on first draw with a few wispy but nice hits until it cools down to the click. Third heat, similar to second but not quite as thick on first hit and taste is starting to go. Fourth heat? Not so good on the few I tried. Nothing really wrong with it, just darker abv than I normally like to go.

I've been using a triple jet torch I have and have been feathering the airhole for the most part. Wide open is nice. Pretty much closed off is nice, too. Definitely a difference there. But, kind of like feathering the most so far. It's just right! ;)

WARNING: This thing seems to produce a really creeping in buzz. Might just be me or my current strain (very nice, but unnamed - at least around here). After first load a couple times I was thinking it was nice, but nothing too special. Second load similar. Then the buzz starts getting thicker and I'd realize, "Oh shit.... that's the first load coming on." Sure enough, it was. Lesson learned... do the first load and sit back for 10-15 minutes if you've got shit to do!

After a few days of playing with it:

Pros:
  • Cost
  • Size
  • Simplicity
  • Efficiency
  • Very cool to use and show off!
  • Nice taste and vapor production
  • A few more that slip my mind at the moment
Cons:
  • Need two hands to use (so far for me at least)
  • Butane usage (seems more than my VM for same buzz, amount of meds)
  • Creeps up on you (not necessarily a bad thing if you know it's coming)
  • Glass (no problems so far, but glass in pocket... hmmm)
All in all a great vape and I REALLY love it!! Thanks, George.

Like it so much I ordered a Ti Woody and Dynastash (and a few other goodies) today. Really was thinking hard about it before I purchased my OG VC, but was great to get a good try of it for only $30. Not like I'm throwing it away. Actually ordered a few of those turbulated condensers to see if and how they improve the experience.

OV does look awesome and had me thinking about it, especially with current intro/preorder price and my delight with the OG. But, wanted my upgrade sooner, definitely wanted wood, and am anxious to see if I like the airflow in Ti Woody as much as I do this OG. If I do, control with OV might be nice to have, but not sure if I'd use it.

Anyway..... I think this was a great addition to my current lineup, and I can see myself using it regularly. Am guessing my VapMan won't be seeing quite as much love now, and the solo is getting put away until I can convince another combuster that they need to wise up and FC! Have really only kept it around for simple portability and passing to non-vaping friends. The VC seems like it will do better on both fronts, and filling a lighter with butane is instant as opposed to putting the solo on a charger for a couple hours.

little maggie

I gotta get something else, this glass isn't working for me...Today the cap got stuck so i decided to try and wait for it to cool down then twist a bit to get the cap off...the whole front half of the glass broke slicing my thumb blood everywhere glass everywhere, what a disaster. I gotta get a TI woody or something.
This happened to me- I overcombusted and destroyed my first one. George sent me a replacement which I have not yet destroyed. I'm waiting now for a woody but probably would have given up if I hadn't had a second chance to try it.

Last edited:

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
Would be nice if some of the Omnivap owners would weigh in on the mouthpiece.
I don't have the og so I can't compare, I'm not even sure if your asking about the omni but the mouthpiece on the omnivap feels comfortable. The tapered part feels pretty natural, like where you would put your mouth on a cig or joint. It also helps keep it balanced in your mouth if not using your hands, again like a cig or j. I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of the Ti mouthpiece when I saw it, I liked the looks of the one I saw on the protype pics better. But the new design looks ok and I'm sure it functions way better than the protype given the heft and solid feel of titanium in your mouth:razz:
These are my thoughts from earlier in the thread. They haven't changed much and I'm pretty lazy when it comes to typing on my phone. Omnivap is working incredibly for me, allowing control draw speed and temperature better than most battery powered vapes. The manual adjustable airflow control works great, there is no need to cover the carb unless that extra "boost" is wanted. And as several members have already pointed out the temperature can be controlled by where you heat the cap. Heating the tip for lower temps and toward the middle or futher up for higher temps. I'm truly impressed and still trying to find some legitimate negatives. And to that brilliant mad scientist @VapCap keep up the good work making the vapcap into Frankenstein's vaporizer:rockon:

Top Bottom