natural farmer

Thanks guys! I hope George @VapCap can clear this out a bit more... :) Not sure where to go after my OG... I want the durability of the OmniVap but I like the price of the Glassy Ti as well as it's looks. I also want to try the airflow of the Ti tips first before spending so many €'s for the Omni. Ti tips will not be so easy to mess with in order to open the airflow like I did with the OG...

bounce5

For those who have one:

How much does the Omnivap weigh?

How much does the Ti Glassy weigh?

@VapCap In the Omnivap/Ti models can the ceramic filter be removed and place back inside easily? Or are they meant to be permanent like the OG Vapcap? What grade titanium is the Omnivap and the Ti Tips made from? Does the Omnivap use the same Ti tip as the other Ti models? Are they interchangeable?

horst

horsed
When I got home today a Titanium Woody was already waiting for me. :rockon:

The design of the device is mesmerizing and it feels very good at touch. I just grabbed a candle and a beer for a first session with this beauty. Already did some dry runs, took me 1:26min until it clicks from room temperatur with a candle and a slow rotation approx 15mm above the flame.

Highly excited! :science:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
For those who have one:

How much does the Omnivap weigh?

How much does the Ti Glassy weigh?

@VapCap In the Omnivap/Ti models can the ceramic filter be removed and place back inside easily? Or are they meant to be permanent like the OG Vapcap? What grade titanium is the Omnivap and the Ti Tips made from? Does the Omnivap use the same Ti tip as the other Ti models? Are they interchangeable?

The Omnivap uses the same Ti tip and the spacer and filter can be pushed out with a little bit of pressure. I torch the ceramic clean. Don't let it get red hot for too long that's just a rule with ceramic.

*** Like as soon as it gets red let off ***

Last edited:

bounce5

The Omnivap uses the same Ti tip and the spacer and filter can be pushed out with a little bit of pressure. I torch the ceramic clean. Don't let it get red hot for too long that's just a rule with ceramic.

How easy/difficult is it to put the ceramic filter back in? Seems like it could be difficult or impossible. I know on the OG Vapcap (they are permanent) but it seems like it would be very hard to put back in.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I've done mine @bounce5 it isn't that hard. I made sure I soaked my Ti tip and then used a needle to scrape the crud from round the clip which holds the screen in place. Had I forced it out I think it would have broke it but without the build up it came out easily. I also scraped the inside lip of the bowl when it was out.

The screen should drop back in and sit on the inner lip. I used something that fit snug but not tight in the bowl. Ended up I took a biro to bits and used part of it. The clip I then pushed back in the bowl using the biro part. This just made it easier for me to push the clip down square.
Next time I strip it I will get a video or at least some fotos up.

natural farmer

Thanks for the ceramic screen tip man, although a bit late for me! :p Torched it too much recently and it got a tiny bit bent. Fortunately it's still usable! :)

How easy/difficult is it to put the ceramic filter back in? Seems like it could be difficult or impossible. I know on the OG Vapcap (they are permanent) but it seems like it would be very hard to put back in.

Even on the OG the screen is removable and is very very easy to put it back in place with a toothpick or something. Just give it a go... :tup:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Sorry @IAmKrazy2 but when I posted this I had you in mind given your previous.:lol:
lz8lwMo.jpg

Or how about this
hoZIVmnm.jpg

Tommy10

Mixed it up, halved the bowl with dome screen, little nugglet chuckingtons full heat cycle low on the cap then 3-5 seconds additional heating for further hits without cooling down. Mate of mine tried it today, has a low tolerance, embracingly low and doesn't smoke often, two hits and he was blittttzzzzed

Loved my out dugout, thought the bowl on the vapcap too be too big for a true 1 hitter dugout system, but the screens sort that. I think screen, fine grind, dynastash and wood/ti would be all I'd need for 80% of my vaping needs.
Also using it most of the time with carb fully opened, keen to get a new wood one to see how much the draw has improved and o like the idea i multiple so you can cover one some or none.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
+1 vote for Damascus if its safe to vape out of, love the metal pattern.

I'd love to see a damascus vapcap lol

Damascus can be forged with stainless steel, so it should be possible to use a surgical/medical grade steel to make the damscus, but it would probably be way too cost prohibitive for most people lol.

Here's a good example of stainless steel damascus made into a ring by one of my favorite jewlery makers (I also have a damascus wedding band made by him)

f9e0f7f691aa57bb41bbdd7251a85e14.jpg

Been running my Titanium Burl Vapcap for the past week and really enjoying it so far. I wish it had a bit less drag resistance, but it's still nice and satisfying to pull such tasty clouds with only a few seconds.

horst

horsed
Just returned from an intense first night with the vapcap and I'm blown away. :love:

I'm a low dose toker and had three pea sized nugs at hand for the night. I don't own a torch lighter and also don't plan to buy one in the near future so my heating source of the night was a simple tea light. So I started my first approach.

I placed the first nug unground and as a whole in the chamber, it filled it only half way but I knew that one of these nugs is usually enough for me to get me where I want to.
I slowly rolled the vapcap a good 1o-15mm above the flame in the area where the letters "na" of the dynavap logo on the cap. After 1:20mins it clicked and I tried various pulling methods mentioned in this thread. Didn't produce any vapor but I could taste that something happens inside the chamber. After I heared the cooldown click I reheated and sucked in different variations until I reached the cooldown click of the fourth heatup. Was somewhat irritated because no pulling method worked perfect but I was expecting a little learning curve here.
While waiting for the cap to cool down to inspect the ABV I noticed the high slowly creeping up on me. :whoa:
Lost myself in a Tool Song playing in the background for a while until I reminded myself what I wanted to do, inspecting ABV. The nug rolled out as whole after removing the cap and was a very even and dark chocolate brown, awesome.

After two hours I felt sober again and tried the second nug, this time I broke it up loosely before filling the chamber. Heating was the same and I already like the process a lot. 1:20 surely is a little wait but I prefer it to take this time instead of noisy 10-20 secs. This time I only used very slow 10sec draws with open carb and could produce some nice clouds the second and third heatup. The fourth heatup only produced very little vapor and I guess I will leave it out in the future.
I took the time during this session and from start to finish 10 minutes passed, nice. But I had a lot of debris in my mouth this time, choose to return to whole nugs with this bone dry stuff. ABV again very dark but no sign of combustion.

During the third nug I played with the carb a bit and tried the @natural farmer method with nice results. Guess I need more testing to find my prefered method. ABV after the fourth heatup again very dark brown, not combusted. Love this consistency from a manual device already!

And the punch it delivers is outstanding, too! Awesome vape, thanks a lot George!

As much as I love the small size of the Vapcap I am really excited now what @VapCap ideas for mouthpieces are in the future, because I would bet it will make it a little more comfortable to rotate Woody over the flame if it is a little bit longer. I got some stuff flying around here, maybe I could help myself with a little mod in the meantime.

Greetings
horst

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

As much as I love the small size of the Vapcap I am really excited now what @VapCap ideas for mouthpieces are in the future, because I would bet it will make it a little more comfortable to rotate Woody over the flame if it is a little bit longer. I got some stuff flying around here, maybe I could help myself with a little mod in the meantime.

Greetings
horst

I agree. For the time being, I've pulled the mouthpiece off my OG, for use on my Ti Burly. It just seems right to have a mouthpiece on there, and I find it easier to use. Definitely need something more stylish though (less bulky looking). Titanium would match up nicely, but I'd be open to other options, as that might be too costly.

RelaxedNow,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Soaked OmniVap in ISO for 8hrs and ran a twisted napkin through all the parts and it appears 100% clean. Hard to know after mininal use but it appears it will clean easier than the glass OG. This could be that amazing travel vape that will fully clean for many people

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@horst I made my stems longer than the standard VC length. I can easily spin the OG and Glassy but the extra bit just feels right to me.
Cigarette holders have been inspirational to me. Since before I got my VC I have been collecting pictures of all different manner of things I could either make or re-purpose. Even as a non tobacco smoker I find some of these to be elegant and tactile.
@Mister G where would you like to go with this?? The possibilities are endless.
As long as the VC's requirements for the pressure drop behind the screen are met the outer body can be manipulated to look any which way you want.
Some of the reasons behind my quandary....
aqMAy5sm.jpg
MdO5Lbsm.jpg
OI8IBirm.jpg
xJm0lNYm.jpg
HPfe6CSm.jpg
ZkJ9Dbem.jpg

horst

horsed
@horst I made my stems longer than the standard VC length. I can easily spin the OG and Glassy but the extra bit just feels right to me.
Cigarette holders have been inspirational to me. Since before I got my VC I have been collecting pictures of all different manner of things I could either make or re-purpose. Even as a non tobacco smoker I find some of these to be elegant and tactile.

Very interesting. How do you approach this, do you replace the whole body or add it to the end of the VC? Adorable pictures with pipes, even for a non smoker. :D

Top Bottom