Archaicrevival

This happened to me- I overcombusted and destroyed my first one. George sent me a replacement which I have not yet destroyed. I'm waiting now for a woody but probably would have given up if I hadn't had a second chance to try it.
Yeah I just placed an order for a Ti Woody, Also I have a doctors appointment at 10 am, I cut my thumb pretty bad. Can't wait to get the TI woody hope I don't get splinters :bang:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Yeah I just placed an order for a Ti Woody, Also I have a doctors appointment at 10 am, I cut my thumb pretty bad. Can't wait to get the TI woody hope I don't get splinters :bang:

Sorry for your finger, glass can give pain, I never force anything when glass is involved,I think @thekarmawhore said something like " never use force with glass, think as if glass will shatter when you are forcing over it"

Anyway I think you will be not disappointed of Ti tip!

I was skeptical at first tbh, was thinking: there is no way metal can reproduce the thermal behaviour of glass. I was wrong, I find it works a lot better for me,same good even extraction but no more charring/very dark abv. I just order a couple of table quadruple torch lighters. Tired to refill small ones :-)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I had a session last nite, this morning with @Ruta and his OG. I found with my triple torch the glass took a little longer to heat, not much, but a fair bit longer for the cool click. I also used his double torch which is technically one and a half flames as he's had the lighter for ever and a day.
Using the same spinning technique I found that even tho I was still stopping at the click the triple would produce more vapor than the double. Both the glass and Ti tip seemed to absorb more heat with the triple before the click happened.
On a glass safety thing my friend is a butcher and in all his years at work he never cut himself with a knife. He was drying a pint glass and ended up with a very severe cut. If the SS cap is on tight then apply heat so it expands and use a cloth or something to grip it with.
@Archaicrevival any news on the conversion of your fathers old wooden pipe? Hope you get your thumb sorted.

Last edited:

Smelly Dog

How often do you clean your vc? I find that after 10 loads or so, mine still draws great but smells quite strong when I take it out of the case, so I'm ready to clean it. Cleaning it takes just a minute with iso, no big deal. Just curious about other users experiences

I stripped and deep cleaned my Ti woody twice in the 9 days I've had it. I have been using it hard since I got it, I love this little vape!

RelaxedNow

How often do you clean your vc? I find that after 10 loads or so, mine still draws great but smells quite strong when I take it out of the case, so I'm ready to clean it. Cleaning it takes just a minute with iso, no big deal. Just curious about other users experiences

I cleaned my Burly for the first time yesterday, after 8 days of use, and multiple bowls per day.

I wanted to see how long it could go between cleanings, and I now know it can't go 8 days. The draw was still just fine, but the flavor finally became less than pleasant, as I was drawing through a coating of nastiness. That's the longest I've used any vaporizer without cleaning though, so I'm neither surprised nor disappointed.

Cleaning and reassembly isn't difficult, but I'm going to order spare o-rings, as I think it could be possible to damage them.

Kalessin

@VapCap just got my tiwoody in, getting ready to try it out. Quick question though, does it not come with a screen? Seems odd not to, but mine is wide open in the middle

Kalessin,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Loving my og vc, but I'm finding it's not going to replace battery powered vapes for me. I keep combusting when I try to use it doing stuff like watching movies/tv or when I'm in a loud crowd/room. Just don't hear or feel the click or get distracted and then it's in an iso bath for 2 days trying to get rid of the ashtray taste/smell. For those situations I need my set it and forget it temp device. That being said it's definitely earned a place in my life and I still want to get a woody and stash.

Kalessin

Preliminary report on my Tiwoody: I love the damn thing. I've done 6 or 8 loads of varying size. No combustion yet, but my abv is coming out what I would call extremely cooked. Very dark brown/black. Which is fine to me as I vape at high-ish temps anyway. Definitely feeling like I won't be loading it all the way full ever, as those are the loads that came out the darkest. Using my EQ as I normally do and tested the abv from the vapcap experiments, and with the EQ set to 420 I did get a couple decent hits off the bigger loads, so I need some more practice extracting more fully in the vapcap. I am a bit afraid of going past 2 or 3 heat cycles as I really don't want any smoke but I shall persevere. I'd definitely say this thing is worth the money, probably more so I'm very happy with my purchase

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Had an hour with Iso and the torch today.
caHPlBtm.jpg
t9ig4Ptm.jpg

I am way to impatient to be waiting hours. So it took an hour-ish after it had cooled down.
Removed the O rings and soaked the tip in Iso. I have a test tube and the tip had a length of cotton attached to it so I can pull the tip out of the Iso. Also good for dunking in and out so as to agitate it a bit. Bent the end, 3mm or so, of a pin and scraped the crud from around the clip and any bits in the bowl. Then in for another soak while I do the condenser.
Q tips soaked in Iso for the inside of the condenser. Once I was happy the bowl was pretty clean I put the condenser into the ringed side of the tip and pushed the clip and screen out. Soaked them all, a quick wipe for the clip. Bowl just needed the last bits on the lip scraping out and a torch for the screen. Used a biro part to push the clip back down on the screen. The screen can sometimes not sit flush with the bowls inner lip so before the clip is pushed home check it's all seated properly.
sbk1uq9m.jpg
CVdCAIEm.jpg

I broke an o ring but as I knew it was on the cards I got some spares with my first order.
zbv4c4Km.jpg

Kalessin

Okay so this is gonna make me feel stupid asking, but, how many orings is the bowl end supposed to have? I only see 2 in the picture above and on the website, but mine came with four, and it's been taking so much twisting and pressing to get it seated well that 2 are alread coming apart

Kalessin,

HikaruEyre

I've had my Glassy Ti for a few weeks now and I haven't really cleaned it by soaking. I have a small wire brush from a soldering tool kit that I will use to brush out the inside on occasion. I also took a wire bread tie and removed some of the paper insulation on it and use it to poke through the holes and clean.

710pVn%2BwCwL._SL1500_.jpg

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Good question @Kalessin .
My guess would be that the newer, longer Ti tips which you may have are equipped with 3 grooves for O-rings, and a fourth O-ring that provides insulation between the tip and body.

I am guessing though as mine isn't with me yet (on it's way though!).

Tommy10

Have made my bowl even smaller with a screen, incredibly small really. Waiting for a video to upload where I try and show yous, but 10 loads weighed .24 so that would be .024 per load (40 loads a gram) and one loading allows one nice bong rip, super efficient really!

Last edited:

Archaicrevival

I had a session last nite, this morning with @Ruta and his OG. I found with my triple torch the glass took a little longer to heat, not much, but a fair bit longer for the cool click. I also used his double torch which is technically one and a half flames as he's had the lighter for ever and a day.
Using the same spinning technique I found that even tho I was still stopping at the click the triple would produce more vapor than the double. Both the glass and Ti tip seemed to absorb more heat with the triple before the click happened.
On a glass safety thing my friend is a butcher and in all his years at work he never cut himself with a knife. He was drying a pint glass and ended up with a very severe cut. If the SS cap is on tight then apply heat so it expands and use a cloth or something to grip it with.
@Archaicrevival any news on the conversion of your fathers old wooden pipe? Hope you get your thumb sorted.

Conversion didn't work out, decided against it. Doc said my thumb will be okay and no glass is in it so thats good. I placed my order for a TI woody. Can't wait to get it.

Redrod

I only use my Vapcap for marijuana. I hope George gets a chance to vote for Donald Trump on next Tuesday.:rockon:

Modnote: Please keep political topics in the lounge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redrod,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
never would have thought of this, slid right on

One of the best lubes for O rings in a dry application like this is spit. Yep.... that wet stuff right on your tongue. Have used it successfully for everything from fuel pumps to plumbing fixtures for decades and hasn't failed me yet. Don't have to soak it, just give it a light coating.

I only use my Vapcap for marijuana. I hope George gets a chance to vote for Donald Trump on next Tuesday.:rockon:

Cool on point 1. Not so much on point 2. There are other threads for such things, and would hate to see this awesome one head down a path like that. Vapor lounge is the first place I'd check for convos not related to vapes or vaping.

little maggie

A quickquestion. My zion wait has worn out my patience even though I know that George is very prompt with getting his dynas out. How much extra time is the wait for a woody? If I'd ordered a glass one it would have arrived and there is a message saying the woodys will take longer. Just wondering how much longer.

little maggie,
Top Bottom