phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Quint Damascus steel would look very nice indeed.
@Copacetic not as expensive as I first thought.
£27/$38/ a length. 12mm diameter by 150mm long.
grwJ5X0.jpg

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I received my OV (omnivap) today! and I am sorry, really sorry for your VAS to say that it works even better than the OG, it is not only a shinyer vape :-), it is a real improvement in performances too.

I like the OG VC a lot but this one is way more precise, quite difficult to char or get very dark ABV if you do not search for it.

It is too early for definitives statements but for sure I do not regret jumping on this one last year. Cleaning routine to be verified (as there are some O-rings to take off for iso bath) but it seems to stay cleaner longer because of lower temps

Only bad side for now: it is too gorgeous to be taken out everyday under the risk to loose it or get it confiscated ;-(

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Mokume Gane
Again very nice.

I've also looked at the acrylics and stabilized wood that pen turners use.
Acrylics all different patterns and colors
w3jxNju.jpg
t7Gct0Am.jpg

Stabilized wood
wAKJkK4.png

Or how about something a lot different
AuPX3DSl.jpg

All of them offer a nice alternative to woods and metals. I will be doing an acrylic one if I am happy the new Ti tips I have coming do not transfer much heat into the plastics. Not every ones cup of ... but someone will like them.
@Copacetic yes it's bar but as Quint says it would be down to machining costs.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I was not trying to compare performance of those vapes with the VapCap, but I hear what your saying. I am on the higher end of tolerance I believe as I am never a one session only type of user. I usually work in 3's so I am hoping this isn't a problem with the VapCap. I also prefer to not grind lately (all because of the Supreme V3) and I believe I have read that you can get away with broken up buds in lieu of grinding with the VapCap. It's not that I am concerned whether I will like the VapCap as I am sure I will like it. I just never bought into it sooner because I was afraid it would get tossed on the shelf after the novelty wears off. I know $47 (includes torch that I got just for this vape as I have other torches and would not have bought a triple flame one if I did not buy the VapCap) isn't much too many including myself, but I still hate wasting any money. Lately, I have been experimenting more with my other vaporizers with unground material. I believe I read or heard @IAmKrazy2 mention using unground bud in the VapCap and since then my interest has been peaked for this little one.

Honestly, my biggest reason for hesitation is that I have a Milaana and Zion on preorder and I am concerned this will go so far back seat when they come in that it will practically be in the trunk(never used). Are there any Zion or Milaana holders that have a VapCap and still use it? I know you had a Zion @little maggie and @Shit Snacks has also told me in PM how great the VapCap is and I know he loves his RBT Tech so I can't imagine he would be wrong. I would love to hear from any others. Regardless, I have been eager to receive that shipping notification all day!
I never grind with it, I put little chunks in and it's worked very well. Might need to do 1 or 2 more heat cycles, but that's not much time. I remember reading/hearing something official from george saying it didn't need to be ground and not grinding was preferred because it leaves space for air circulation and less tiny particles get into the vape. I don't remember where I saw that though so I'm paraphrasing and can't link to proof or anything (maybe a video). I just wasn't buying it until I read/heard that so it stuck in my head, I don't ever grind.

Just pre ordered the omnivap cannot wait to try that bad boy out!

I've had the OG Vapcap and ti woody for about 3months now, and love them both. I'm loving the glass og, but how does everyone clean the mouthpiece because I've accidentally combusted in it a few times and the smell/taste isn't very nice right now. I've dried a qtip in ISO and then rinse, hopefully that hasn't ruined the material.

Also does anyone know a way to get the black scortch marks off the glass bowl- I have them on Vaponic too, and ISO never seems to get rid of the black marks.

Peace

I had the same issue with mine and tried do 1 hour soaks at a time in bag that I then put in a mug of hot water with a plate on top. I smelled mine every hour and ended up doing 3 soaks, but I can still get a tiny hint of ashtray so I might do more. I was worried about what happened to @bounce5 's mp happening to mine so I've been careful, eventually though it'll happen to mine too.

Does anyone know if soaking it in jack daniels or something would be less destructive to it?

Archaicrevival

I have the OG and I think I combusted a few times too many, I have soaked in ISO 91% for 24 hours and the top is stained brown, is there a way to remove this? The only thing keeping me from buying the omni is cleaning, I can imagine it being more of a hassle with all those o-rings to be removed and such.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
I soaked my new Ti tip from my burly in ISO a couple days ago by stopping up the end with the O rings on it with one of @Ratchett 's smallest silicone stoppers and then filling the tip up to the top with a tiny amount of ISO. Great thing about the stopper is it is stable enough to stand up with the tip on top and held it soaking without leaking. And I didn't have to worry about the silicone rings soaking in ISO by doing it that way. Came sparkling clean after a soak and hot water rinse.

ZC

I will be doing an acrylic one if I am happy the new Ti tips I have coming do not transfer much heat into the plastics. Not every ones cup of ... but someone will like them.
@Copacetic yes it's bar but as Quint says it would be down to machining costs.

I always liked some of the stabilized and acrylic woods, but shyed away from trying them in a vape because I just don't know enough about their heat tolerances or how safe they would be. I do think that if the heat transfer is low enough with the TI tip the vapcap would be the perfect candidate for this type of thing. I wouldn't try it with a log vape, but I'd feel pretty safe with using it for a vapcap.

bounce5

I always liked some of the stabilized and acrylic woods, but shyed away from trying them in a vape because I just don't know enough about their heat tolerances or how safe they would be. I do think that if the heat transfer is low enough with the TI tip the vapcap would be the perfect candidate for this type of thing. I wouldn't try it with a log vape, but I'd feel pretty safe with using it for a vapcap.

I don't know if it would be safe or not, but based on my gut instinct I wouldn't do it. You are applying fire an inch away from the stem/body and all it takes is one mistake, one overheat for it to be an issue. Not worth it.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@bounce5 I know what you mean about mistakenly burning the plastic. It holds the same risk as torching the wood stem as far as distance to the jet goes. My stems have a brass coupler which adds 1/2" plus the new tips have a couple of extra fins which helps again. I would sleeve the outer with an inner brass tube as pen makers do. Also the vapor path would be inside of the SS condenser tube. Only making one up will show me just how safe it is. I prefer wood and the Ti but am keen to see if it is possible.

bounce5

So is there any way to get my OG vapcap tip clean again? or is it forever stained brown?

Repeated ISO baths and hot water baths, rub it with a q tip and pipe cleaner or steel wool after an ISO bath while you watch a movie or something. It takes a lot of rubbing. You can't get it back to completely like new clean...but you can get close.

bounce5,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Archaicrevival

Repeated ISO baths and hot water baths, rub it with a q tip and pipe cleaner or steel wool after an ISO bath while you watch a movie or something. It takes a lot of rubbing. You can't get it back to completely like new clean...but you can get close.

I am talking about the glass tip not the SS cap. Just to clarify, I am currently soaking it for 12 hours in 91% ISO.

Archaicrevival,

natural farmer

So is there any way to get my OG vapcap tip clean again? or is it forever stained brown?
When ISO can't cut it I get mine cleaned with a piece of "magic eraser". IT IS MAGIC you know! ;)

EDIT: Soooo, about the modularity of the Vapcap... Can someone get a Glassy Ti and then in time get a OmniVap body and Omnimouthpiece/condenser and essentially have an OmniVap?

sesh732

Imaginable
George and this thread are killing me. Vas is a serious issue now. I was clinging to hope that the omni just looked nice, but it seems there's a performance boost too. Love my glass vc. "Need" is such a sticky word. Aaaaaaaagh

brucee10

I believe it's rather expensive to tool. Mokume Gane would look really nice as well.
Best bet would be to find someone who works with Damascus, Mokume Gane, or Timascus on a regular basis and have them make the parts in small batches since the tooling cost is the pain point.

brucee10,

Smelly Dog

George and this thread are killing me. Vas is a serious issue now. I was clinging to hope that the omni just looked nice, but it seems there's a performance boost too. Love my glass vc. "Need" is such a sticky word. Aaaaaaaagh

George has a good portion of my income tax return, lol! I ended up first owning a Ti woody, liking it so much I ended up ordering an OG glass and pre-ordering the OmniVap. VAS is extremely real!

We5d

George has a good portion of my income tax return, lol! I ended up first owning a Ti woody, liking it so much I ended up ordering an OG glass and pre-ordering the OmniVap. VAS is extremely real!
It's like I'm reading into my future, I've been tempted to do this exactly

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
When ISO can't cut it I get mine cleaned with a piece of "magic eraser". IT IS MAGIC you know! ;)

EDIT: Soooo, about the modularity of the Vapcap... Can someone get a Glassy Ti and then in time get a OmniVap body and Omnimouthpiece/condenser and essentially have an OmniVap?

I have both, and yes if you put OV body, mouthpiece and condenser on a Ti glassy tip you have a omnivap,

Btw I find omnivap is easier to use and gives better results than Ti glassy for now. I was not realising how important is condenser until I try both side by side. The gap is not huge though.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I am talking about the glass tip not the SS cap. Just to clarify, I am currently soaking it for 12 hours in 91% ISO.
I had to soak about 2 and a half days before the ashtray smell went away on the body where the screen is. If that didn't work I was going to try torching it like @Andreaerdna suggested. I did my mp an hour at a time for 3 hours until it mostly went away, I might do 1 or 2 more soaks of that though. I think I just might buy a second og to use during cleanings.

StormyPinkness,
Top Bottom