lemmeadem

Definitely not!
I don't think that you should need to clean the wooden piece at all (if I'm understanding things correctly) as vapor doesn't touch it.
The condenser tube and tip should be all you need to clean on a woodie.

I don't have mine yet, and am no expert, so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong!

We've just got to hang in there dude!
It won't be long I'm sure :popcorn:.

It really doesn't matter how long the wait is, this is just a symptom of my VAS. :p I'm sure George is a little swamped what with the incredible explosion of this thread and his products.

But seriously, every second I draw nearer is a second I get more and more anxious to try my waiting-in-the-wings Omni. D: So close, yet so far.

Also - @VapCap George, ever thought about a cone-piece form VapCap? You've got the dugout and joint crowd, why not corner some of that bong-hit market share? :D

lemmeadem,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
It really doesn't matter how long the wait is, this is just a symptom of my VAS. :p I'm sure George is a little swamped what with the incredible explosion of this thread and his products.

But seriously, every second I draw nearer is a second I get more and more anxious to try my waiting-in-the-wings Omni. D: So close, yet so far.

Also - @VapCap George, ever thought about a cone-piece form VapCap? You've got the dugout and joint crowd, why not corner some of that bong-hit market share? :D

Check out Dynavap's Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC_uUk5C21Q/

I've just asked George if he and Ed's TnT would be up for making a custom Dyna-WonG for me, and he told me that he and Ed are already working on this!
I'm uncertain whether previous WonG's for the Dynavap have the condenser tube (?), but the ones they're working on now definitely do.
I believe that they are in effect stems with 14mm tapers at the tip.

I'll be surprised if they stop there though.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@little maggie I would be careful putting the condenser in the dishwasher they seem very fragile. A bath in Iso and a gentle rub with a Iso soaked q tip has been all I needed.
As @Copacetic says the inside of the wood stem should not need a clean. Just about all the vapor travels down the SS condenser.

I know it's easier for me as I have a VC to hand but the wait is still a killer. I have new Ti tips and other stuff coming. Looking forward to comparing the new and my original tip.

The wait is testament to the success of the VC. If it didn't perform so well we could all get one yesterday. Trouble is the damn thing works and works well.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I would love to see a website tool where I can rotate the different interchangeable VapCap modules and see what all the options look like and what fits with what. You know like those things where you make a different face by rotating in/out different eyes, hats, mouths, etc. A VapCap "configurator".

Is that possible @VapCap George?

Lol, I spent 15 years trying to find something to work just like this on a website for my last job. It's possible, but very expensive (looking at around $10,000 in initial investment for a "product configurator" tool, plus monthly expenses)

I'd simply love to see a more coherent website with better descriptions - I too was very confused when shopping on dynavap for the first time.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I went ahead and boarded this ship yesterday and bought an OG VapCap. I was so convinced that I am anit-conduction that I lost interest, plus I have been reserved about whether it will be effective enough for me to use often. I bought into the Peace which was a still just under $50. I liked it but it ended up not getting use. It wasn't just that it was conduction either because I would often use it in convection mode ala the Daisy or Lily method when I would actually use it. Then it got taken and I never even missed it. This just made me more reserved about the VapCap. I primarily use the Supreme V3 at home lately and I have been enjoying combining a little conduction with convection only to discover that I am not anti-conduction. This and the recent reports of how effective the high is from a session with the VapCap has gotten me to lose any reservations I had.

Now I just have to wait for the shipping notice!

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Lol, I spent 15 years trying to find something to work just like this on a website for my last job. It's possible, but very expensive (looking at around $10,000 in initial investment for a "product configurator" tool, plus monthly expenses)

I'd simply love to see a more coherent website with better descriptions - I too was very confused when shopping on dynavap for the first time.

I'm sure a less fancy solution is possible? Of course, George is too busy manufacturing, shipping and innovating, but tbh I find all the new stuff coming out just a hair bit confusing.

natural farmer

I went ahead and boarded this ship yesterday and bought an OG VapCap. I was so convinced that I am anit-conduction that I lost interest, plus I have been reserved about whether it will be effective enough for me to use often. I bought into the Peace which was a still just under $50. I liked it but it ended up not getting use. It wasn't just that it was conduction either because I would often use it in convection mode ala the Daisy or Lily method when I would actually use it. Then it got taken and I never even missed it. This just made me more reserved about the VapCap. I primarily use the Supreme V3 at home lately and I have been enjoying combining a little conduction with convection only to discover that I am not anti-conduction. This and the recent reports of how effective the high is from a session with the VapCap has gotten me to lose any reservations I had.

You might not like it in conduction-mode but it sure is a treat in convection/conduction-mode... ☺

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
You might not like it in conduction-mode but it sure is a treat in convection/conduction-mode... ☺
I am a little confused by your statement. Are you saying the VapCap can be all conduction or convection/conduction? I didn't realize there was more than one way to use a VapCap...I honestly have not read much of this thread. I was hoping the VapCap was simple enough that I wouldn't have to.

nosmoking,

natural farmer

I am a little confused by your statement. Are you saying the VapCap can be all conduction or convection/conduction? I didn't realize there was more than one way to use a VapCap...I honestly have not read much of this thread. I was hoping the VapCap was simple enough that I wouldn't have to.
Conduction -mode is when you draw with the fresh air inlet hole open. Vapor is formed in the bowl from conduction/radiation and you pull it together with fresh air from the hole.
Convection/conduction -mode is when you block that hole and you draw only through the cap.
The results are night and day for me so far! In conduction mode I don't even wanna think about it... In convection/conduction mode it's the best vaporizer I have tried so far!!!

anasrzi

I'd hazard a guess it's a combo of both convection and conduction,for certain there is more conduction going on but don't let that put you off its produces some excellent flavour which I've personally always found lacking in conduction vape's although I haven't tried many of them (for that reason I'm a flavour snob ;)) convection at least for me is superior in terms of my tastes hence I have the lotus already and a milaana on preorder.

Using the cap is pretty easy, have a read thru the last say ten pages and watch some of the vids posted already, can't go wrong with anything designed by mr vapcap :love:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Thanks guys. I have a feeling the latter mode that @natural farmer suggested will have better taste. I believe I read others saying they tap or dare I say "modulate" the carb hole as well. I love the carb hole in the Daisy and I have thought about putting one in my Firewood many times. I will be sure to play around with this feature.

nosmoking,

brucee10

I saw that comment and thought about pitching one since that's what I do professionally. $10k is a pretty good start on one and Dynavap just isn't there yet. A simple version using drop downs with a ton of images might be possible. Just need to set up a photo booth and shoot all the combinations. Then throw in some javascript and done.

little maggie

Just have to say that the vapcap is a far cry from the Peace- simpler and more powerful. And even if you don't like it, for the price, you aren't losing out on much. It is not a Supreme V3 however- much milder than that.

little maggie,
Reactions: nosmoking

bounce5

Just saw the video that George put up of the Titanium Stem Beta on youtube and I just wanted to put pics of the Ti Stem beta with the Omnivap beta side by side.

Still taken from: Titanium Stem Vapcap Youtube Video

hQeR9X3.png

IMG_20160311_192758911_zpsk6kantwo.jpg

I gotta say in the looks department I like the classy, sleek look of the Ti Model better. Not that the Omnivap is bad. It just looks more rustic - like something that came out of the tool box. I wonder what those mouthpieces feel like and how each of these models differ from the other in terms of heat containment, draw, and of course the price. These two units have me salivating. Looking forward to hearing more from the beta testers.

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Just have to say that the vapcap is a far cry from the Peace- simpler and more powerful. And even if you don't like it, for the price, you aren't losing out on much. It is not a Supreme V3 however- much milder than that.
I was not trying to compare performance of those vapes with the VapCap, but I hear what your saying. I am on the higher end of tolerance I believe as I am never a one session only type of user. I usually work in 3's so I am hoping this isn't a problem with the VapCap. I also prefer to not grind lately (all because of the Supreme V3) and I believe I have read that you can get away with broken up buds in lieu of grinding with the VapCap. It's not that I am concerned whether I will like the VapCap as I am sure I will like it. I just never bought into it sooner because I was afraid it would get tossed on the shelf after the novelty wears off. I know $47 (includes torch that I got just for this vape as I have other torches and would not have bought a triple flame one if I did not buy the VapCap) isn't much too many including myself, but I still hate wasting any money. Lately, I have been experimenting more with my other vaporizers with unground material. I believe I read or heard @IAmKrazy2 mention using unground bud in the VapCap and since then my interest has been peaked for this little one.

Honestly, my biggest reason for hesitation is that I have a Milaana and Zion on preorder and I am concerned this will go so far back seat when they come in that it will practically be in the trunk(never used). Are there any Zion or Milaana holders that have a VapCap and still use it? I know you had a Zion @little maggie and @Shit Snacks has also told me in PM how great the VapCap is and I know he loves his RBT Tech so I can't imagine he would be wrong. I would love to hear from any others. Regardless, I have been eager to receive that shipping notification all day!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was not trying to compare performance of those vapes with the VapCap, but I hear what your saying. I am on the higher end of tolerance I believe as I am never a one session only type of user. I usually work in 3's so I am hoping this isn't a problem with the VapCap. I also prefer to not grind lately (all because of the Supreme V3) and I believe I have read that you can get away with broken up buds in lieu of grinding with the VapCap. It's not that I am concerned whether I will like the VapCap as I am sure I will like it. I just never bought into it sooner because I was afraid it would get tossed on the shelf after the novelty wears off. I know $47 (includes torch that I got just for this vape as I have other torches and would not have bought a triple flame one if I did not buy the VapCap) isn't much too many including myself, but I still hate wasting any money. Lately, I have been experimenting more with my other vaporizers with unground material. I believe I read or heard @IAmKrazy2 mention using unground bud in the VapCap and since then my interest has been peaked for this little one.

Honestly, my biggest reason for hesitation is that I have a Milaana and Zion on preorder and I am concerned this will go so far back seat when they come in that it will practically be in the trunk(never used). Are there any Zion or Milaana holders that have a VapCap and still use it? I know you had a Zion @little maggie and @Shit Snacks has also told me in PM how great the VapCap is and I know he loves his RBT Tech so I can't imagine he would be wrong. I would love to hear from any others. Regardless, I have been eager to receive that shipping notification all day!

Yes, this is totally a hybrid, conduction convection radiant... There is more convection than I expected, you just need to draw very very slow to get the most out of it in my experience. Tapping the carb can work for faster draw but less visible vapor if not slow, another good system is holding the carb at first and then opening it for the rest of the draw once the vapor builds. Add that to torch, and how/where you heat it, along with the various different model styles (I still only have a beta TiWoody before the improvements, a unique one with a lower steel collar I believe, pics somewhere in here) this really does become an extremely versatile vape, if not quite RBT level versatile...

I've said it before, it is literally the one hitter vape, small bowl but surpsingly big effects, but given your tolerance it could lead to back to back bowls like it did with me. Not great out and about but fun to mess around with at home, especially stacking signatures with other vapes. It is very unique and for the price a total no brainer imo (I still want to try the OG glass, not to mention the updated woody, GonGs/WonGs, now this OmniVap apparently?! @VapCap I will follow up with you soon btw! Getting settled in Cali so I need to be productive before i dive back into heavy testing... Feel free to reach out to me if you like though, I will always make time for you George!)

My TiWoody and dugout are actually still packed away somewhere, haven't even used a Zion in over a week now bc of the move (and single battery beta testing), so it's actually been pretty exclusively Milaana and Daisy lately... I don't think VapCap would end up your daily driver, especially with your pre orders, but I definitely think you will enjoy having it in your collection brother. It is much more than mere conduction (you know my feelings on that type of heater tech as well), nowhere near pure convection of course, but another very unique, well thought out, and just expertly crafted manual/analog vaporizer :2c::peace:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
@nosmoking I use small whole nugs picked off a larger cola and stuff them tight into my Woody Ti VapCap. I rarely grind now for any of my vapes. They are stuffed so tight in the VC that I have to blow it out into the trash like a spitball or use the digger outer (I'm also saving much less abv these days, my vapes extract so well).

In terms of novelty/honeymoon, the VapCap is more of my change of pace or before bedtime driver than a regular like my Supreme and Daisy, but it certainly has it's place in the lineup. I am glad I have mine, it does have a unique and potent sig to the medication effect for me (no of course not as powerful as the Supreme). I get impressive clouds with it and it is fun to use.

Sorry to poke your vas. On my own front, I have been successfully holstering my Venus Apollo trigger which has been very itchy for a few weeks now.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@bounce5 I like them both but can see what you mean about the all Ti.
I am sure if things keep going the way they are then @VapCap will probably be offering different stem styles. As of now, for me, they look of a similar length which should mean the ATi stem should be interchangeable with the Omni/Woody and as we seen the Glassy stems.
The Omni mouthpiece may have to be paired with the new Ti tip, but as we have seen and heard George is all for Modular Design. So I would imagine that the Ti tips will be internally tapered so the Omni MP works with it.
Who knows where this is all going but it's sure as shit great watching and taking part in it all.

@nosmoking ground or unground the VC can handle both. Kief and concentrates can both be used but the concentrates can be messy. Again I am sure something is on the cards for this as well.

The only down side I have read about is due to the size and how easy it is to misplace.
I think George may be adding something along these lines to the shop to help with this.
lz8lwMo.jpg

herbalist33

Just pre ordered the omnivap cannot wait to try that bad boy out!

I've had the OG Vapcap and ti woody for about 3months now, and love them both. I'm loving the glass og, but how does everyone clean the mouthpiece because I've accidentally combusted in it a few times and the smell/taste isn't very nice right now. I've dried a qtip in ISO and then rinse, hopefully that hasn't ruined the material.

Also does anyone know a way to get the black scortch marks off the glass bowl- I have them on Vaponic too, and ISO never seems to get rid of the black marks.

Peace

herbalist33,

bounce5

Just pre ordered the omnivap cannot wait to try that bad boy out!

I've had the OG Vapcap and ti woody for about 3months now, and love them both. I'm loving the glass og, but how does everyone clean the mouthpiece because I've accidentally combusted in it a few times and the smell/taste isn't very nice right now. I've dried a qtip in ISO and then rinse, hopefully that hasn't ruined the material.

Also does anyone know a way to get the black scortch marks off the glass bowl- I have them on Vaponic too, and ISO never seems to get rid of the black marks.

Peace

For the mouthpiece I dipped it in ISO for 2-3 days, changing out the ISO everyday and wiping the insided with a Q Tip, and then put it in hot water for a few hours to wash out left over ISO. It does change the texture of the the mouthpiece - it won't be the same. George has them on the website for free plus shipping.

To get stubborn marks off the glass bowl I used sandpaper and steel wool. Steel wool might be enough. Careful because it will further scratch up the glass. Also in combination with long ISO baths and finishing it off with hot water. If not the ISO doesn't seem to wash off completely.

Top Bottom