mestizo

Damn! Just saw the price of the OmniVap!!! 150$ for pre-order and 200$ retail price! Oh my! I guess it is logical since it will probably last a life time but damn! I was hoping to get it sooner but it's gonna have to wait a bit more for my love. :p :drool:
Although the price might seem steep at first for a butane portable, and I empathize with you.
Let us consider the fact that this is a vape composed of mostly machined metal parts at very precise tolerances in a CNC machine ( I'm only guessing here, because it will take a long time manually ) , one little mistake and your part is scrapped because it won't fit the mating one, I'm a machinist so I know, I'm very excited to have ordered one a few moments ago, I think others will come around once more videos surface with the air flow control being used.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
It seems that there will be two types of full titanium Vapcaps, right? The Omnivap and the Ti Titanium.
That's what I gather - because in the DynastashER video there is a different type of Titanium model. How much will the Ti Titanium cost? Will the Ti Titanium be the only one that is interchangeable with the wooden body or will the Omnivap also be interchangeable with the wood body?
The Omnivap is distinguishable by it's bowtie shaped mouthpiece and the body is half matte/textured. Why is it half matte/textured by the way? Will there be a Omnivap body that looks different, perhaps more like the other Titanium model (fully shiny with indented lines). The matte is alright, but I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing if it's more uniform.

I'm also wondering what the cleaning will be like on the Omnivap?
And, what parts of it Stainless steel? Questions questions questions....

Also wondering about the Omnivap fitting into, or being paired with a different, wood sleeve. That would be the shit!!

If anyone is keeping track, I personally like the knurled ring on the beta Ti Omnivap I've seen.

I too was thinking about just getting the Omnivap first. But, the $150 pre-order made me think twice. I ordered the straight vapcap since I don't even have one of them and am dying to try it. Hopefully will have a chance to and we'll hear something about wood on an Omni before the intro price goes up. If I like the basic, and wood will be offered for the Omni (initial or added later) I'll probably be jumping on one!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
You can still get the original base model VapCap for $30.00.

YEAH MAN!! Actually $37 including shipping. Just ordered mine this morning and almost felt like I was stealing something because of the low price. Anxiously awaiting my first sesh with it!

Note to George... thanks for making it a no brainer. $50, or even $40, I would have had to think about it. But, under $40 including shipping? How could anyone resist?!?

RelaxedNow

Thanks. I didn't realize that I am supposed to cover the hole so I haven't had much restriction. If that's the correct method, I'll start covering.

@little maggie, I don't think there's really a right or wrong way, just preferred methods.

Natural Farmer, in post #3066, offers a strong recommendation for keeping the hole covered throughout the draw. He's right, in that his method does create bigger clouds. You may want to read his post for full instructions.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are some who prefer to draw with the hole uncovered entirely, as they favor lighter vapor. Personally, I've mostly been using the alternating open/close method, though I will sometimes change it up to get bigger clouds (now that @natural farmer taught me something, LOL).

It does have a slight learning curve, but that's part of the attraction, IMHO. Have fun with it. I know I am!

YEAH MAN!! Actually $37 including shipping. Just ordered mine this morning and almost felt like I was stealing something because of the low price. Anxiously awaiting my first sesh with it!

Note to George... thanks for making it a no brainer. $50, or even $40, I would have had to think about it. But, under $40 including shipping? How could anyone resist?!?

$30 VapCaps are just part of George's plan to rule the Universe! He's sucking us in, and once we arrive, it becomes obvious "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device".

HikaruEyre

@little maggie, I don't think there's really a right or wrong way, just preferred methods.

Natural Farmer, in post #3066, offers a strong recommendation for keeping the hole covered throughout the draw. He's right, in that his method does create bigger clouds. You may want to read his post for full instructions.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are some who prefer to draw with the hole uncovered entirely, as they favor lighter vapor. Personally, I've mostly been using the alternating open/close method, though I will sometimes change it up to get bigger clouds (now that @natural farmer taught me something, LOL).

It does have a slight learning curve, but that's part of the attraction, IMHO. Have fun with it. I know I am!

$30 VapCaps are just part of George's plan to rule the Universe! He's sucking us in, and once we arrive, it becomes obvious "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device".

It's working on me. I used a dugout for so many years that now when I use the VapCap it feels like old habit. Started with OG and immediately upgraded to Glassy Ti. Had to get the Dynastash so I could have the full dugout effect again.

VapCap

Manufacturer
So yesterday, the plan was to prep some more parts and fill some more orders today. It is Sunday right, not much going on, time to catch up on things like building VapCap Bodies and prepping the next batch of caps which just arrived that morning. It is by far the largest quantity of caps I have had yet. Over 1200 of them in there!

61571_zpstupiacni.jpeg

Well, I knew something good was going on when I woke up and there were more orders than I have had in the morning before.
So I made breakfast, and went to my shop. Well the email kept dinging. Messages and more orders. Ground some VapCap tubes and started prepping caps, and they just kept coming in.
Worked on some more OmniVap betas,

IMG_20160320_105009233_zpsueiuk8g2.jpg

Check out those contoured bodies. The frosted area by the way is a light knurl to improve grip where your thumb and fingers grip to rotate the unit. I am sure I will have a wide variety of different bodies to choose from soon, if you don't like this one, and as new ideas come out, it will be easy and inexpensive (compared to buying a new Vap) to just change out the body, or mouthpiece.
It isn't the best picture as they are rather shiny.
So after working on those a bit, I went home, had to move a bed upstairs, and help my neighbor put a radiator back in his boy's car, and the orders kept dinging. Other than this rambling I am nearly speechless and everyone I know is sleeping so I can't even convey how thrilling this is, except writing it here. It will be hard to sleep tonight as when the day finally ended here at midnight, I had more than doubled the biggest day of sales previous! Wow, I have my work cut out and I am ready to make this come together!

A few other thoughts. I will be including a glass body with all of the preorder OmniVaps. This is in addition to the titanium one that it comes with. I think this is important to see how the variable flow adjustment works. Understanding it makes it easier to use.
And just like many others out there, I anxiously await reviews from the first beta units. This is difficult, because coming from the other side, I am hoping there aren't problems, and these function well.

Well, that does it for now. I am ever so grateful for the support of this community! Please anyone and everyone, if there is anything not to your liking, do not hesitate to contact me! I really mean that. Considering the large influx of orders, the chances are higher I may miss a detail, so please just let me know, so I can make it right.

Thank you!

George

S0L0m0n

Trees and Food / Nature is my Medicina...
(1st post on site - 'Hello!')

Those Omni bodies look Super Good, and it is very rad of you to throw in the glass body as well.

I look forward to testing it out and having back, or rather figuring out the new, Dugout tricks!

George, you've got yourself a great thing going.
Props and Thanks, to you!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just curious if those caps in the picture above are all for the pyrovap's. From here they don't seem to have the digger outters on them so I figured they were for the oil based pyro's.

BabyFacedFinster,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I clean it red hot with single flame torch. Piro glass and ceramic filter can stand it, I also fire the bottom of the cap red hot (for a very little moment). I do it once a week and I get back clean as new.
I need to try this. I combusted once pretty bad when I just didn't hear/feel the click and the ceramic screen end still smells like an ashtray after 24 hours of iso soaking. If worse comes to worse I'll just get a new glass body for $10, everything else seems to smell normal again.

StormyPinkness,
Right here. But feel free to subscribe to my youtube to stay up with all my vape videos and reviews. Cheers.

Watching you do it, it looks like you have to squeeze it to get it back in place as you adjust. I bet if you lubed that O-ring in the middle, it would slide when you adjust the mouthpiece, instead of the mouthpiece o-rings moving, and you wouldn't need to jam it all back together. I lube my o-rings on parts that get adjusted regularly, like with globes on wax pens, with PG or VG (like you'd use if making your own e-juices).
Edit: don't lube the other o-rings at either end, you want them to stay in place! Just that one by itself in the middle where the condenser adjustment action is taking place, and you likely only need a TINY drop to get fast sliding action.

Paulynices

Anyone know if there is a going to be a 4/20 sale on these? I really want to buy one now, but if they go on sale, I think I might be able to justify to the wife buying a couple :)

little maggie

I will eventually shoot an HD Video to better showcase this vape and its features but i was trying to put out something to help you understand how to adjust it via your request.
I watched the video and have a couple of questions. It seems like the omni clicks more quickly than the others or is that just because it's on a video. Also, since you have other versions, do you know if the omni is interchangeable with the them?

little maggie,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Anyone know if there is a going to be a 4/20 sale on these? I really want to buy one now, but if they go on sale, I think I might be able to justify to the wife buying a couple :)

I dunno, but don't think there is any other vape on the market for $30 (or even close!) worth owning. If you buy a standard VC now, you should have time to check it out and maybe take advantage of 4/20 prices on a nicer one if you like it. Still hard to say.... George's prices are pretty low for this hobby, especially in the face of many major manufacturers.

VoodooChild

All Along The Vapetower
I can attest to the fact that the Omni does feel like it clicks a tad faster. I believe the heat management is very thorough in regards to the Ti body. After spending some quality sessions with the Omni over the weekend, it has provided me with everything I've expected and more.

Full disclaimer: I'm in love with this thing.

I can honesty say, in my group settings, the adjustable airflow is an instant win. By simply twisting the mouthpiece (just as @IAmKrazy2 illuatrated) it provides a full range of whatever preference you choose. As always, experimenting is the most fun.

The ABV has been very uniform and never charred. Of course combustion can be achieved by too many cycles, but it is very easy to avoid by the loud click the Omni produces. I am getting a solid 4 heat cycles with great vapor on the last two.

I know most of this isn't anything new, but I just wanted to share some of these thoughts after having this crazy piece of art for a few more days. The high is absolutely fantastic. Not just with the Omni, but with any Vapcap you choose. A vaporizer dugout? This has changed my life!

Top Bottom