Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

Cannabliss*420

I used the Switch again last night and I love it so far.

Its huge compared to my Dr. Dabber boost black.

I only use concentrates so I used some shatter.
The heat time is super fast.
The size of the glass is great. Makes it really easy to get a good hit.
I like that I can put some more water in there vs the Boost.

I accidentally set the temp to full heat when I took the first hit, then I lowered it to the second lowest.

Not sure why but I felt I got really high both times I used it yesterday and I used a small amount.
Maybe its just in my head but I dont care, it felt good :)

Unfortunately, I am in a geographically challenged state so I have limited access to products so it will be shatter and some dry live resin for testing.

Share your experiences and any tips you might have.
I am a rookie.

What temperature settings did you use?
I would start at the lower ones and work my way up if needed.
I tried it on 3rd green on advanced mode but I will try lowest and see.

I tried it on 3rd green on advanced mode but I will try lowest and see.
I felt the same thing with rosin. I didn't get a huge cloud like with my evo but I felt more satisfied with like two hits. So this unit seems to have potential to be good for medical use

Last edited by a moderator:

Danksta

Off to pick up the switch... :clap: (we need a stoner mobile smilie @staff)

Very excited for the :science:

Danksta,
Reactions: JCat

Vapxr

So jelous of everyone that has their switch. Yesterday morning mine was only an hour away, and the most recent update at 2 today now says it's more then 3 hours away. So sad right now. I knew fedex was gonna do this to me.

Danksta

Wow thing feels pretty solid. I really appreciate that.

Holy shit @ the 50mm joint. It's crazy to see in person.

I'll be back later with my findings :science:

Happy Switch week :D

EDIT: FYI be sure to use the crystal mode if using quartz or you will have lack luster results.

Last edited:

Niiizy_503

Had the day off work yesterday, so I really had a chance to push a decent amount of goods through it. So far, regardless of the size of the dab, I find there’s very little puddle left over afterwards. I dunno if it’s the induction heating or what, but it really seams to vape the fuck out of whatever it is your dabbing. I’m really liking the size and function on the bubbler attachment, with the 6 percolating stems, the draw is really smooth. I find the 3rd to 4th setting of the Cyan blue in advanced mode is the sweet spot.. hot enough for monster hits, but low temp enough for a super tasty hit. Right out of the box, n for portability purposes, the Peak might be a little simpler, n easier to use with single button operation. But if your at home chillin, n have a little dab station set up, with all your necessary tools n accessories, the Switch is on another level. One feature that I really like is the magnatized bottom. I keep all my dabbing equipment n accessories in this big metal trunk. So when I have the Switch out n standing up on it, it is held down tighter to the surface of the trunk with the magnets. Cool feature that could prevent it from accidentally tipping over.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I tried it first with a fully packed bowl of finely ground weed smashed down as hard as possible with the ceramic cap on top on the highest setting.:D Went right to charcoal too quickly.:ninja: I then tried it with the same fine grind but a 3/4 full of lightly tamped weed w/o the ceramic lid (instructions say more dense vapor with no lid) then set it to 3 green and powered it up and BAM!!!! :rockon: Instant induction/conduction vapor. With a steady, mild flow draw to cool it till i cleared it and SWEET Flavor and density!:nod: Then, I mixed it in the cup with a 7th floor long pick and tamped again and hit GO and finished it off! :science: This fucker is quick but can be tweaked for super fast flavor/dense hits!:sherlock: Tried a dab and was no question:razz::tup: Video and picks to follow gang! :wave:

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
@tonuzzi Hey dude, i live in oakville ontario canada and my delivery date was updated from friday to tomorrow, did you get an update as well?

Hey Bro, Nice! hoping for the same here. I'm in London, Ontario. Fedex has not moved me up a day as of yet, delivery date still for Friday the 8th. Enjoy your Switch as much as plan to :evil:

I’m from Toronto... did they ship yours usps?

I didn’t get a date on when I’m receiving mine but it did touch down in Toronto today

Nice!! Enjoy my friend. Can't wait to get mine

Cheers :peace:

Danksta

So far I'm enjoying this device for oil...

...I can't say I like it with flower. It sure smells and tastes of combustion. I just spent some time cleaning the water attachment and the Switch joint. The joint still has a smoke odor to it. I can't say that I'm pleased about that. If I knew it would alter the flavor this quick I would never had tried it with flower.

If you value taste DO NOT use the flower mode.

Otherwise for oil this thing is efficient af. Back to :science:

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
I tried it first with a fully packed bowl of finely ground weed smashed down as hard as possible with the ceramic cap on top on the highest setting.:D Went right to charcoal too quickly.:ninja: I then tried it with the same fine grind but a 3/4 full of lightly tamped weed w/o the ceramic lid (instructions say more dense vapor with no lid) then set it to 3 green and powered it up and BAM!!!! :rockon: Instant induction/conduction vapor. With a steady, mild flow draw to cool it till i cleared it and SWEET Flavor and density!:nod: Then, I mixed it in the cup with a 7th floor long pick and tamped again and hit GO and finished it off! :science: This fucker is quick but can be tweaked for super fast flavor/dense hits!:sherlock: Tried a dab and was no question:razz::tup: Video and picks to follow gang! :wave:

Thats good to hear, I'm more of a flower user myself but do enjoy my trates as well.
Thanks for that tip Shay, definitely going to try this :peace:

Danksta

I really don't think this thing should be marketed for flower. Unless you like dabs that taste like bong rips.

I finally got my unit back to normal. It took some effort. That odor really got stuck on the Switch joint. The Flower mode also charred the joint in two spots. I wish I never used flower mode.

I've already contacted support.

Stick with oil and this thing is a champ and can get really dialed in.

The insert is small as others have mentioned but since the walls are heated nice it really doesn't matter. I was able to do large dabs no problem.

The standard cap is all you need IMO. Those bubble caps aren't going to do much. There isn't really much of a dish for the oil to move around. Plus you get a better view of the vapor if you use the standard cap.

I really like the quality feel this thing has. It truly feels like a lot of thought was put into it.

But I'll never recommend this be used for flower to anyone I know. Sorry @Dr.Dabber I don't think this is an AIO unit as you hoped for.

GREAT for oil :D

FlavorChaser

Lover of all things KUSH
So far I'm enjoying this device for oil...

...I can't say I like it with flower. It sure smells and tastes of combustion. I just spent some time cleaning the water attachment and the Switch joint. The joint still has a smoke odor to it. I can't say that I'm pleased about that. If I knew it would alter the flavor this quick I would never had tried it with flower.

If you value taste DO NOT use the flower mode.

Otherwise for oil this thing is efficient af. Back to :science:

What temp were you using for flower?

FlavorChaser,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
I've tried as low as it will go and it still chars the crap out of the load.

Kinda blown away some folks in the community pushed the flower mode. YUCK. Effects are not worth the work involved to bring the unit back to normal.

We made the fumed glass as an accessory for leaf mode. If you have two dedicated glass pieces you will be able to control the odor/taste when changing but can also achieve the same by cleaning your glass in between. Also, the well where the nail goes is easily cleaned with alcohol (can pour right in the glass well as there is no exposed electronics).

Last edited:

Danksta

We made the fumed glass as an accessory for leaf mode. If you have two dedicated glass pieces you will be able to control the odor/taste when changing. Also, the well where the nail goes is easily cleaned with alcohol (can pour right in the glass well as there is no exposed electronics).

LOL C'mon. You expect people to buy an extra WA due to the fact the flower mode shouldn't even be an option for an oil device?

Getting saltier by the second...

EDIT:

Also even if people can be convinced to buy another WA, the Switch joint retains that smokey odor. So after EVERY flower sesh you must clean it if you want the oil to taste proper.

This device is awesome for oil but the flower mode ruins it IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom