Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

Danksta

It really stunk the place up. I had even wash my face and even hent my nostrils were tainted. I know I sound like a bitch but It really sucks for flower.

I'll never listen to folks who sell vapes again. Forum members who aren't industry members are the only ppl we should listen to.

Lol @ pyrolysis

Danksta

I'm probably less sensitive to it than you are. I never felt like I had to take a shower after using it.

I don't know how I could have been more clear about how this thing works with flower.

Not recommending flower mode be used would have been better.

This forum spent time and energy discussing pyrolosis. I don't think that conversation got us anywhere. This thing is combusting period. That smell is horrid to FC types. I still puff flower and my flower hits taste better than this thing.

Flower mode is a sure way to ruin this device. It takes more than a couple wipes.

How many units are you trying to push?

JCat

Accessory Maker
Not recommending flower mode be used would have been better.

This forum spent time and energy discussing pyrolosis. I don't think that conversation got us anywhere. This thing is combusting period. That smell is horrid to FC types. I still puff flower and my flower hits taste better than this thing.

Flower mode is a sure way to ruin this device. It takes more than a couple wipes.

How many units are you trying to push?
I really don't think that's fair at all ... @stickstones doesn't try to "push" vendor devices, he always gives honest feedback; I don't really see the flower mode being something that "sold" a lot of people either ... it's kinda' a "nice-to-have" no? (obviously one that doesn't work very well in some opinions and does in others ... from what I read about it ... I figured I would hate it ... :lol: ... but likely would try it if I got one just for the hell of it ... maybe ...)

Anyways ... I really don't think sticks is trying to "sell devices" or "push" them ... he provides honest feedback from my experience ...

(And I do appreciate your feedback @Danksta ... might make me reconsider trying flower mode when/if I buy one ... maybe not though ... :lol: ... at any rate ... your opinion here is definitely valuable as is @stickstones ...)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't make any money from Dr. Dabber...I've just been beta testing this unit and trying to get a clear picture of it out there. The box says it vapes and I disagree. I don't know what to call what it does and I've been stumbling for the words. I'm glad other units are out there so we can figure it out together. Sounds like you'll start somewhere on the negative side of describing it, and I expect that from quite a few. It's why I said anyone who wants to vape like every other vape on this forum will be disappointed in it. But others will like it, and I'm coming around to it and am using it on occasion as well.

I disagree that it burns and tastes worse than combustion. I fired up a bowl to compare since I don't smoke a lot. I never have ash left behind in the Switch.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I guess I don't understand why the Flower settings simply can't be turned down to a more "vapor friendly" range? Typically induction is celebrated specifically for its precise control.

Danksta

This is a hilarious response. I'm very close to demanding a refund. They just wanna sell me excuses and more product

No worries, they charred looking residue is from the flower and is what naturally happens when you vape dry herbs. We recommend you use separate glass attachments for flower and oil as well. This will help with both modes otherwise you’ll need to clean out the glass very well after flower usage. Thats where the taste you are speaking about comes from. We were able to develop the awesome induction heating technology that allowed us to bring you the switch just not the power to vape dry herb with out any residue. Was the flower smoke thick and tasty? Are you able to clean out the glass? I can provide you with a discount code if you’d like to purchase another attachment in the future. Let me know if there is anything we can do or questions we can answer for you. Thanks again for reaching out and have a great day.

Thanks and Regards,
Danny
Dr. Dabber

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I guess I don't understand why the Flower settings simply can't be turned down to a more "vapor friendly" range? Typically induction is celebrated specifically for its precise control.

It can, and that's what the lowest two green settings are supposed to do. The problem is that the vapor slowly wisps up, and then mixes with fresh air from the carb (all the airflow is above the bowl, not coming through it). So while those hits aren't smokey, they are very wispy and I saw no use for it, personally. This is in its current configuration, which was designed for dabs primarily. I'll be surprised if we don't see attachments down the road that get this thing vaping like we're used to.

Danksta

It can, and that's what the lowest two green settings are supposed to do. The problem is that the vapor slowly wisps up, and then mixes with fresh air from the carb (all the airflow is above the bowl, not coming through it). So while those hits aren't smokey, they are very wispy and I saw no use for it, personally. This is in its current configuration, which was designed for dabs primarily. I'll be surprised if we don't see attachments down the road that get this thing vaping like we're used to.

Great, just what we need, more crap to buy to get this $400 device working properly!!!

You guys are killing me with the defense.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm not defending anything. You're disappointed and pissed...I get it. I'm bummed for you because all of my posts in this thread were geared toward keeping that from happening. I said this six weeks ago all the way back on page 3...

I want to make this very clear, if you like your Mighty or Flowermate or anything on this site that vapes dry herbs and want similar vapor and abv, this isn’t the unit.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I really don't think that's fair at all ... @stickstones doesn't try to "push" vendor devices, he always gives honest feedback; I don't really see the flower mode being something that "sold" a lot of people either ... it's kinda' a "nice-to-have" no? (obviously one that doesn't work very well in some opinions and does in others ... from what I read about it ... I figured I would hate it ... :lol: ... but likely would try it if I got one just for the hell of it ... maybe ...)

Anyways ... I really don't think sticks is trying to "sell devices" or "push" them ... he provides honest feedback from my experience ...

(And I do appreciate your feedback @Danksta ... might make me reconsider trying flower mode when/if I buy one ... maybe not though ... :lol: ... at any rate ... your opinion here is definitely valuable as is @stickstones ...)
Agree 100% with this. So far I've just seen honest and accurate opinions from him that I may or may not agree with.

Danksta

I'm not defending anything. You're disappointed and pissed...I get it. I'm bummed for you because all of my posts in this thread were geared toward keeping that from happening. I said this six weeks ago all the way back on page 3...

Fair enough. I apologise for implying you were a shill.

@Dr.Dabber I still think you should stop pushing the flower mode.

I've said I can say. The forum knows how I feel.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Fair enough. I apologise for implying you were a shill.

No worries, bud. I've been telling Dabber for a while they were going to get responses like this...you were simply the first to make it.

I really am bummed that you're disappointed. My unspoken personal goal for this thread was that no one who read it would be misled into thinking it vaped like normal. I thought we'd get a little further down the road though before a reaction like yours. I guess that's a mission failed...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
No worries, bud. I've been telling Dabber for a while they were going to get responses like this...you were simply the first to make it.

I really am bummed that you're disappointed. My unspoken personal goal for this thread was that no one who read it would be misled into thinking it vaped like normal. I thought we'd get a little further down the road though before a reaction like yours. I guess that's a mission failed...

Sorry Sticks but I don't think you or the video reviewer in the thread failed any mission.....I've been lurking on this thread for a bit. From the very beginning Sticks and the link to the selected video reviewer pretty much expressed the same feelings about flower mode.....it's not com-busting but if a smokey taste is a turn off and flowers are important to you this may not be the unit for you.

Danksta

I mainly got this for oil but I was amazed how heavy of an odor that flower mode left. I was not expecting good taste from the hit. I just didn't expect I'd have to clean the unit so thoroughly.

And @Dr.Dabber just offering to sell me more stuff but with a discount just rubbed me wrong.

If I ran a shop that was selling these I'd put a warning sticker on it.

The flowerpot at 777 offers the same effects but with good flavor. Even at 800 it tastes good.

Also you can use that with oil and flower back to back and not effect the taste too much.

They are going to regret not listening to you. Lots of ppl will be upset once theirs lands.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I really don't think this thing should be marketed for flower. Unless you like dabs that taste like bong rips.

I finally got my unit back to normal. It took some effort. That odor really got stuck on the Switch joint. The Flower mode also charred the joint in two spots. I wish I never used flower mode.

I've already contacted support.

Stick with oil and this thing is a champ and can get really dialed in.

The insert is small as others have mentioned but since the walls are heated nice it really doesn't matter. I was able to do large dabs no problem.

The standard cap is all you need IMO. Those bubble caps aren't going to do much. There isn't really much of a dish for the oil to move around. Plus you get a better view of the vapor if you use the standard cap.

I really like the quality feel this thing has. It truly feels like a lot of thought was put into it.

But I'll never recommend this be used for flower to anyone I know. Sorry @Dr.Dabber I don't think this is an AIO unit as you hoped for.

GREAT for oil :D
I politely disagree about it not being good for flower.

ohmygodimsohigh

The dry herb results are definitely different. So far about half the people I've asked to try it dislike.

I kind of like using the mode on the weekends, but like Danksta says - cleaning the joint and water piece to get rid of the smell is essential.

I tested the Switch's claim to pass-through charging.
At first I think I proved that the device doesn't have pass-through, but in the end I guess it didn't really matter. I posted the full video testing and dabbing on the Dr Dabber Switch.

Last edited:

ohmygodimsohigh

no shit? I'll make time to watch the video later, but the one time my battery died on me I plugged it in and immediately kept on trucking.

The window of "disproving pass-through" is small it seems. I had to let it charge for a minute.
In a real world situation I don't think this failure window would present itself often.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Is there a setting above whispy vapor but below char for flowers? If they can get it to vape flowers and oils equally well it seems like it would be a pretty good value.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Is there a setting above whispy vapor but below char for flowers? If they can get it to vape flowers and oils equally well it seems like it would be a pretty good value.

No. And I'm pretty sure the lower temps will char as well if you hit them enough times. It's all about energy, not temp, and nothing has taught me this like the Switch. I'm convinced the performance we want here for herbs is going to be in a new configuration. The problem is we have to wait for the vapor to rise up into the air stream...it's thin and slow to begin with, and the carb air flow just further weakens it.

Someone's gonna come up with a solution that draws air down into the well, back up through a heat exchanger and then into a bowl of herbs so it vapes like we're used to. The concept is simple, but the design, testing and execution will take some time and tinkering.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Has anyone besides @ShayWhiteGrow who received their pre-order enjoyed flower mode?

I'm don't technically qualify since I'm not a pre-order, but I'm enjoying it for what it is...something different. It has become my nightcap king and puts to sleep anyone who hits a bowl of abv. In fact, I never use it with fresh herb...only abv and it shines there with stuff I was going to throw out. It's smokey, but not like the ass-taste I get when I smoke abv.

I do wonder what we're inhaling. With the latest research on concentrates showing that terps start to change into things we don't want above 600F, I wouldn't be surprised to find similar things going on with this pyrolysis stuff given we can go all the way to 800F on it.

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
The dry herb results are definitely different. So far about half the people I've asked to try it dislike.

I kind of like using the mode on the weekends, but like Danksta says - cleaning the joint and water piece to get rid of the smell is essential.

I tested the Switch's claim to pass-through charging.
At first I think I proved that the device doesn't have pass-through, but in the end I guess it didn't really matter. I posted the full video and details of the test.

Current supplied by the charger is passed thru to the switch on a continuous basis, but the charger is only capable of supplying 30 watts. The switch can draw 100 watts. In this case the charger would supply 30 and the battery would supply 70. So you would need to have the unit plugged in for a couple minutes before using crystal mode during charging.

Top Bottom