Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

freddiegibbs

Woohoo, mine arrived today along with the bubble cap in a separate package. First thing I noticed out the box is a lot of gluey residue on the glass where it meets the base - anyone else? Should I wipe this stuff off, whatever it is?

freddiegibbs,
Reactions: JCat

TheHitman

I received my Switch this week and have only been completely blown away by it!!

I honestly can't understand why @Danksta is so salty about it. I'm getting great vaped weed results with tasty vape flavour and brown abv on the lower settings in advanced mode. And super strong bong rip style effects higher temps that knock me the fuck out but with much better flavour and smoother rips than a regular bong rip. If you are charring the shit out of your weed and dont like the taste then go into advanced mode and start at the bottom. It will seem wispy compared to other vapes but the effects are sooo much stronger. I assume because of the induction heating that more active elements are being vaped than usual, because I've never gotten so high off anything else.

And as with any glass rig, I would never go from using flower to using oil or vice versa without a thorough cleaning, so at no point was I expecting to jump back and forth without doing so on the Switch. Not sure why others would assume doing so on this would be not be similar.

My favorite aspect of this unit is the fact that it can rip just like a real dab rig, or vaporizer, or bong rip, or enail, etc. The settings are varied enough that every form of consumption can be tackled by this beast.

And yes it's a bit large as a portable, but having it battery powered is infinitely better than having it plugged in all the time. Makes it way easier to grab it off my table and sit back comfortably to chill and sesh. The fact that the battery life lasts so long is mind blowing to me. I've put in serious work into this thing last few days, probably 50 rips and 10 nail cleaning cycles and I'm still on 3 out of 5 battery lights. There is absolutely nothing on the market with that kind of efficiency.

Mystorium

I received my Switch this week and have only been completely blown away by it!!

I honestly can't understand why @Danksta is so salty about it. I'm getting great vaped weed results with tasty vape flavour and brown abv on the lower settings in advanced mode. And super strong bong rip style effects higher temps that knock me the fuck out but with much better flavour and smoother rips than a regular bong rip. If you are charring the shit out of your weed and dont like the taste then go into advanced mode and start at the bottom. It will seem wispy compared to other vapes but the effects are sooo much stronger. I assume because of the induction heating that more active elements are being vaped than usual, because I've never gotten so high off anything else.

And as with any glass rig, I would never go from using flower to using oil or vice versa without a thorough cleaning, so at no point was I expecting to jump back and forth without doing so on the Switch. Not sure why others would assume doing so on this would be not be similar.

My favorite aspect of this unit is the fact that it can rip just like a real dab rig, or vaporizer, or bong rip, or enail, etc. The settings are varied enough that every form of consumption can be tackled by this beast.

And yes it's a bit large as a portable, but having it battery powered is infinitely better than having it plugged in all the time. Makes it way easier to grab it off my table and sit back comfortably to chill and sesh. The fact that the battery life lasts so long is mind blowing to me. I've put in serious work into this thing last few days, probably 50 rips and 10 nail cleaning cycles and I'm still on 3 out of 5 battery lights. There is absolutely nothing on the market with that kind of efficiency.

May I ask what setting you use specifically ? If you mentioned it early im sorry >.< lol

freddiegibbs

Those bubble caps aren't going to do much. There isn't really much of a dish for the oil to move around.
:rofl: so true. Where am I actually supposed to point this thing? :lol:

Cleaned off all the sticky dried up glue on my glass (weird) and took it for a ride. WHEW! This thing is efficient. Love crystal mode - got noticeably stronger effects with the same amount of material I'm used to. Kind of afraid to try flower.

TheHitman

May I ask what setting you use specifically ? If you mentioned it early im sorry >.< lol
I've been using it for concentrates and flower and have been thoroughly impressed with both.

So far, I'm really enjoying it on preset level 3 for dabs when using the ceramic nail, which I love because I get great flavor and good amount of vapor and it heats up so insanely fast compared to other portables like the peak.

For flower I have been able to get vaporizer taste and brown abv on the lower settings in advanced mode, but prefer the preset level 4 for more bong rip style hits, which are crazy heavy hitting and to me are much more enjoyable than a typical bong rip. Also heats up insanely fast on that mode.

If you haven't already, check out @SneakyPeteVaporizers review on YouTube. It shows you clearly 3 different stages of abv this thing can produce, and that's just 3 settings, there are 25 different levels to play with in advanced mode.

Terpstar

i love terpenes
:rofl: so true. Where am I actually supposed to point this thing? :lol:

Cleaned off all the sticky dried up glue on my glass (weird) and took it for a ride. WHEW! This thing is efficient. Love crystal mode - got noticeably stronger effects with the same amount of material I'm used to. Kind of afraid to try flower.

How does it compare to the Peak? Other than the size difference.

Enjoy the research!

Terpstar,

Niiizy_503

Came home from work today to my Switch bubble cap, Peak atomizer, and new Spacewalk glass duel cap for my Peak in the mail box! :tup: So far, tbh I think the stock cap that it comes with the Switch works better then the bubble cap.. on lower temp dabs it works good to push around what little puddle this thing makes, but on those higher temp ones, the Switch vapes the shit out of everything so quick, the function of a bubble cap becomes unnecessary. Personally, I really enjoy the flower mode. Does it taste like traditionally vaped bud? No. But the way it heats up, I almost feel it’s vaporizing unused parts of the bud, cus so far, when I fully milk a flower cup n kill it in one go around, it seriously gets me stuck. I do agree the smell is unpleasant when going back n forth from flower to oil mode, but I always sort of expected to have to clean it in between modes if I wanted to preserve flavor. Eventually I wouldn’t mind getting the fumo bubbler or a different one if others come along, have one for dabs n one for herb..

Last edited:

TheHitman

Honestly, the Peak is a lot more comparable to the boost. Similar heat up times and hits per charge as the boost.

As for comparing the Peak to the Switch, the Switch absolutely kills the peak in every aspect, in my opinion. Around 150 hits per charge, which will literally last me weeks before I need to charge. Could take this thing on a week long trip without bringing the charger and wouldn't worry one bit. It heats up in seconds and stays at temp perfectly, vaping all of your product evenly. Way more variety in terms of heating temps since you can go into advanced mode and have a massive range of temps. Way more reliable build quality. Feels super sturdy and not nearly as fragile as the Peak, with no atomizer or other parts that will need to be replaced due to malfunction or breaking. The Switch has the ability to record and save your hit time to match your preferred inhale time. Pass through charging so you can keep ripping it when it dies on you. And the built in nail cleaning cycle is for sure one of my favourite features. No more need to torch your nails to clean them. There's no way the Peak could heat up nearly that hot to achieve that effect. On top of all that there's the sick lighting modes for standby that just seem to call out to you to take rip after rip. For such a similar price you'd be crazy to get a Peak over the Switch.

juxt

Hrm, it clearly has some fans, but I wanted to give a set of first impressions and I'm a stream of consciousness guy so here goes ;)

The bubbler is nice to be included but clearly second quality. Mouthpiece is good but neck angle is a little off and tolerances are loose all over the place here. Unacceptable fault in that the carb cap, even with the rubber slip on cover thing doesn't fully cover the payload area without finagling, which I find just sub par in a commercial product. Also, the bubbler itself is too close to the Switch outer shell and it doesn't make a perfect connection when slipping down over the payload area because it is pushed out by the body of the Switch. Did anybody actually put the pieces of my unit together before sending to me? If they did, and they worked for me, I would fire them.

The unit is a beast! Battery seems to be good, I've used it a bit and cleaned two cycles and still at full bars :\ It was actually set right for me for concentrates out of the box. I started with level 3, and have hovered between 3 and 4 for a few hours. Works great, other than that I have to jam that dang CC down on there every time :cuss:

Flower threw me a bit. I don't get much at standard 3, and twice I've gotten fully charcoal stuff that you could use as ash on a steam pipe out of it at 4. When I smell it, it doesn't smell like eucalyptus popcorn, it smells like something that was on fire, but there is no ash, just dark brown/black crumbly residue.

Time will tell!

Niiizy_503

Hrm, it clearly has some fans, but I wanted to give a set of first impressions and I'm a stream of consciousness guy so here goes ;)

The bubbler is nice to be included but clearly second quality. Mouthpiece is good but neck angle is a little off and tolerances are loose all over the place here. Unacceptable fault in that the carb cap, even with the rubber slip on cover thing doesn't fully cover the payload area without finagling, which I find just sub par in a commercial product. Also, the bubbler itself is too close to the Switch outer shell and it doesn't make a perfect connection when slipping down over the payload area because it is pushed out by the body of the Switch. Did anybody actually put the pieces of my unit together before sending to me? If they did, and they worked for me, I would fire them.

The unit is a beast! Battery seems to be good, I've used it a bit and cleaned two cycles and still at full bars :\ It was actually set right for me for concentrates out of the box. I started with level 3, and have hovered between 3 and 4 for a few hours. Works great, other than that I have to jam that dang CC down on there every time :cuss:

Flower threw me a bit. I don't get much at standard 3, and twice I've gotten fully charcoal stuff that you could use as ash on a steam pipe out of it at 4. When I smell it, it doesn't smell like eucalyptus popcorn, it smells like something that was on fire, but there is no ash, just dark brown/black crumbly residue.

Time will tell!
That’s weird u say that about the carb cap.. mine almost seams to get a vaccum seal affect goin when I have it on there, cus it sits so plum n flat.

freddiegibbs

How does it compare to the Peak? Other than the size difference.

Enjoy the research!
I really like the Peak when mine is actually working, but I would say that the Switch beats it in every category other than aesthetically. It looks pretty dorky. The manualness of having to switch to one mode before you can switch to another mode, having to turn it off and back on, is kind of awkward. I imagine this was a mechanical necessity of the device's design, but it makes me feel like I'm using something that came out 5 years ago. I can't help but agree with @SneakyPeteVaporizers that for $400 it should have a screen, or at least some kind of haptic response. The bubbler does not sit flush on the base, and every time I put it on and pull it off, that grinding sends a shiver down to the depths of my soul. I agree again that there's a looseness to components that feels unpolished.

Then again, Dr. Dabber isn't Apple, and this is a first generation product. Nobody expected it to be perfect. And frankly, these all feel like lesser quibbles when you get right down to the nitty gritty, which is performance. This thing really churns out results. There's an incredibly solid feel to it. I'm not tiptoeing around it like I have to do with the Peak. If you push a q-tip down on the Peak's atomizer with any more force than a baby's breath, you're liable to break it. Not so with the Switch. This thing is burly. Without the bubbler attached, I could probably hunt my own dinner with it, and I suspect it'd still be in good enough condition to use after. The temperature customizability far surpasses what you can do with the Peak, and the provided quartz is a huge advantage as well. Flavors in quartz mode have been excellent. I trained my hold time to be a little longer and run it at lower temps. You can really fine-tune this thing.

I see this technology as a transformative experience for taking a dab. The heat up is near-instant, it gets you high as shit, it's super customizable, and it more or less cleans itself, with very little maintenance needed. If they had the resources to put it in a prettier body with a more intuitive UI, this would probably be an insanely successful device.

Still haven't used leaf mode. Honestly still afraid. Lol.

Cannabliss*420

Im not getting alot of vapor when dabbing on many different heat settings. I get huge clouds on the vapexhale evo with the same amount. Am I doing something wrong? Does this unit require alot more material to get huge vapor production. I hot load it when I dab, is it better to cold load it? I kinda wish I just went with the flowerpot. I really think this is more of a electic dab rig/bong than a vaporizer. Im not hating on it bc Its a new different way to consume but I can't use something right now that makes my room smell like straight up weed. I would have eventually bought a switch bc im kinda a collector of unique vapes but right now I really needed more of a traditional smelling type of vape. But that's not Dr. Dabber fault I live with anti cannabis people. If texas would wake up they would accept it. Otherwise i wouldnt care about the smell.i do think Dr. Dabber should be more clear that this thing will smell more like combustion than traditional vapor. Then people wouldn't be so disapointed and calling it combustion. I know its not combustion bc it would be cherried and still be burning when you remove cup. Any thoughts or tricks are very helpful,especially on flower mode bc I only can dab if I press rosin. #fucktexas :rofl:

Niiizy_503

Been playing with the bubble cap pushing thru sum Lemon Tree Live resin diamonds. In advanced mode on the first Cyan setting I’ve been getting realllly nice, long hits, with fat clouds of vapor using a pretty small dab amount. So far, the bubble cap definitely works better on the lower to medium temp settings.. On the higher settings, I find it vaporizes so quickly n thoroughly, there’s no puddles to push around. I really like the lava lamp look of stand by mode, leaving it in stand by mode for extended periods of time definitely drains the battery tho. It you click it off after every hit tho, the battery life is insane. Really happy with my purchase so far, n excited to see where they take this. Well done Dr. Dabber!

Baron23

I'm getting great vaped weed results with tasty vape flavour and brown abv on the lower settings in advanced mode.

Wow, I haven't seen anyone else refer to it a tasty vapor or the AVB as brown.

even if we can't agree if the term combustion applies to flower with this device, it seems the consensus is that something is going on that chars the hell out of the herb.

Sticks hit it on the head, I believe. If you look at the design of this thing, there is NO airflow through the flower load. NONE. So, what you are doing is cooking the crap out of the load and sucking off any vapor/smoke that incidentally arises from that.

For the life of me I don't understand manf insistence on trying to make their vapes a Swiss Army knife type device that does everything. The usual result is that a device is designed to work well for one purpose (e.g. flower) and then they brainstorm a way to tack on a marketing spin of "it does 'trates also" with some little accessory or tool (think liquid pads).

In this case, it looks to me that Dabber did themselves a real disservice insisting that this device is a valid flower vaporizer.

Cheers

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

As a medical cannabis user I can see some benefits to the hybrid nature of the way this device works.
There's pain relief in some of the cannabinoids that normal vaping temperatures do not reach.

I can see this as a safer option than smoking for someone in chronic pain. Early reports already mentioned heavy body buzz couch lock etc.

Anyone using this for medical mind adding there thoughts? I think part of reason I enjoy device like the Milaana, firefly 2, Elevape are that i can vape at higher temps. Having some major health issue I'm willing to risk a little byproduct for pain relief. Hopefully they will be in stock soon.

Vapxr

You all are too used to your normal old boring vaporizers. Sticks even said it isn't like a normal vape that everyone here is used to yet everyone is acting like they expected god like results. Using the same glass for flower and trates? What are you even thinking, that's dumb to do and I have no sympathy for you when you complain about the taste cause you deserve it for doing that. It's a one of a kind vape that can vape the hell out of anything, obviously it isn't a bust cause there are people here that like it. Everyone i've shown it to likes it as well for BOTH flower and trates. Just because you don't like it or think it tastes bad for your sissy taste buds doesn't mean it's a bad product. Ive actually been choosing this over my flowerpot for the heavy sleep like effects it gives, nothing else I have will do that.

Cannabliss*420

As a medical cannabis user I can see some benefits to the hybrid nature of the way this device works.
There's pain relief in some of the cannabinoids that normal vaping temperatures do not reach.

I can see this as a safer option than smoking for someone in chronic pain. Early reports already mentioned heavy body buzz couch lock etc.

Anyone using this for medical mind adding there thoughts? I think part of reason I enjoy device like the Milaana, firefly 2, Elevape are that i can vape at higher temps. Having some major health issue I'm willing to risk a little byproduct for pain relief. Hopefully they will be in stock soon.
Im using it for medical.i had to take it outside bc of where I live but it is stronger than vaping and smoother than smoking. It still tastes like ass but if your in pain or depressed who cares what it tastes like.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the Switch joint retains that smokey odor
Soumds like you might need 2 switches, 1 for concentrates(how does bubble hash go?) and 1 for herb. :)
It could also be used to sway combusters that have found normal vaping unsatisfying, I am sure someone will work out how to use conduction without charring, probably not this as it has a silly led scale (too bad if you are colour blind, I thought manufacturers learnt their lesson with the original Arizer Air) instead of a proper interface and Bluetooth.
Good on the early adopters, without them we would probably still be combusting(Fully:disgust:).
I am not real tech savvy, but from all reports leading up to release, I thought it obvious this was going to be a concentrate biased device.

LesPlenty,

HerbieVonVapster

Im using it for medical.i had to take it outside bc of where I live but it is stronger than vaping and smoother than smoking. It still tastes like ass but if your in pain or depressed who cares what it tastes like.

Thanks, so are you finding better relief with this vaporizer than other vaporizer you have used?

HerbieVonVapster,
Top Bottom