Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If I exclusively use the switch for dabbing, can I hypothetically never have to remove the ceramic cup from the base, if it cleans itself?

The glass well gets oily, so you’ll clean that regularly. Last time I did there was a little bit all the way down in there, so I suggest dumping it out to get way down in there.

Niiizy_503

They have a new video up on their IG.. there’s a shot of a bubble cap on one of Switches shown.. hoping that’s not the one they’ll have for it. Once these come out, I’m sure every other glass blower on IG will be making caps n pieces that work on this, Jus like they’ve been doin with the Peak. There’s so many kick ass peak attachments up on IG. Been dying to get one! It’s gonna be interesting to see what kind of different attachments eventually come out for this.. it’s a good day to be a Dabber, what a time to be alive!:bowdown::tup:

Baron23

The ceramic nails are Ti with a ceramic coating. The quartz nail, and I assume anything similar that gets released, sits in a Ti cup. The vaping works well for flowers for pyrolysis. The lower profiles that don’t char (pyrolysis) are like you describe, airy and light, and aren’t anything I like to use.

I want to make this very clear, if you like your Mighty or Flowermate or anything on this site that vapes dry herbs and want similar vapor and abv, this isn’t the unit. When I first got it I had to go back to Dabber and ask them why we’re burning all the weed because of the taste. It took a few conversations with their engineer and a lot of sessions where I played with the leftovers to get my old mind wrapped around it not burning. I had to go look up pyrolysis and ask my industry friends if it was bullshit. And I had other seasoned vaporists check it out with me. There’s not a profile on the machine that vapes dry herbs like I’m used to and I don’t use it for that except to dick around with the pyrolysis. It tastes like smoke to me, but the proof is in the leftovers. Approach this one with an open mind.

There’s no reason it can’t vape any way we want. We just need more time in development with some new accessories. I think a lot of innovation for it will come from this forum. I get excited thinking what @Pipes could come up with for it!
Hi Sticks - another guy we both know also has much less than stellar results with trying to use it for herb. He also got black AVB and was also told that this is not combustion. Well, its certainly carbonized from pyrolysis. LOL I think there is a lot of hair splitting about this subject. To me, black is burnt, end of story.

But, here is def of pyrolisis and frankly its not what I want to do with herb:

Carbonization (or carbonisation) is the conversion of an organic substance into carbon or a carbon-containing residue through pyrolysis or destructive distillation. It is often used in organic chemistry with reference to the generation of coal gas and coal tar from raw coal.​

Its charred and that's that. The fact that oxygen is not present so you can't have oxidation (burning) is not that relevant to me. I don't want pyrolisis as in addition to carbon you can get other less helpful byproducts of the flower's decomposition. Just silly me, but there it is.

My personal view is that dual purpose vapes (flower and trates) do only one or the other particularly well and I do see this device as having a lot of potential for 'trates.

Trying to make one vape device do it all well reminds me of the F-4 (yes, I was in the USAF). McNamara and his gang of efficiency experts determined that one fighter aircraft platform could serve the USAF, Navy, and Marines and do air-to-air, air-to-ground, close air support, recon, and fast forward air control and the resulting pig of a plane didn't do any of them well. LOL

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds great for 'trates, meh on flowers. Disclosure, I have not tried a Switch but I have used a Peak for trates and do think there is a significant market, particularly among MMJ patients, for a very clean, highly integrated concentrate vaping solution that looks like crack pipe like that a full up oil rig.

Cheers

Last edited:

Niiizy_503

Were getting close to countdown.. just about 3 hrs to go.. how cool would it be to get a email about shipments, with a link to buy some accessories for it. Seems more n more people on IG have been poppin up with it, hopefully that means pre-orders will be going out. Can’t wait!

Mr.Cough

Countown is gone and you can still add to cart. Hopefully we hear some good news soon/tomorrow?.

Mr.Cough,
Reactions: Vapxr

Niiizy_503

Lol what a bummer.. keeping an eye on a countdown clock all week, for it to come n go with nothing happening.. hopefully the shipping detail emails are sent out soon.. #shiptheswitch!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Carbonization (or carbonisation) is the conversion of an organic substance into carbon or a carbon-containing residue through pyrolysis or destructive distillation. It is often used in organic chemistry with reference to the generation of coal gas and coal tar from raw coal.

Its charred and that's that. The fact that oxygen is not present so you can't have oxidation (burning) is not that relevant to me. I don't want pyrolisis as in addition to carbon you can get other less helpful byproducts of the flower's decomposition. Just silly me, but there it is.

Remember, it's the coal and tar that are left behind, not consumed. The engineering process is usually interested in the chemicals being extracted, with the byproduct being the coal and tar.

I'm not sure what is going on with pyrolysis in this unit. Like I said earlier, I try to avoid char because it's always been a precursor to burning. And I'm not a fan of char taste. But the Switch takes the fear of combustion out of the char. I don't know what this means from a health or extraction perspective, but I'm convinced it's worth looking into and I look forward to actual lab results to tell us what's being extracted.

Anecdotally, it tastes like smoke to me, and leaves behind what I would call a dirty oil on the glass that leads me to think it's a mix of smoke and vapor. But who knows right now. Whatever it's leaving behind is more than burning, so I think it's healthier than smoking. It has stronger effects than smoke for me, and has a nice big-boy signature. I'm keeping an open mind about it and hope we've found something new or different to extract, whether it appeals to vaporists or not.

At the end of the day, options are good, and smokers (there are tons of them!) are going to love this thing. And, yes, there have been times I have purposely hit the char mode for the effects...usually a strong nightcap.

Vapxr

Remember, it's the coal and tar that are left behind, not consumed. The engineering process is usually interested in the chemicals being extracted, with the byproduct being the coal and tar.

I'm not sure what is going on with pyrolysis in this unit. Like I said earlier, I try to avoid char because it's always been a precursor to burning. And I'm not a fan of char taste. But the Switch takes the fear of combustion out of the char. I don't know what this means from a health or extraction perspective, but I'm convinced it's worth looking into and I look forward to actual lab results to tell us what's being extracted.

Anecdotally, it tastes like smoke to me, and leaves behind what I would call a dirty oil on the glass that leads me to think it's a mix of smoke and vapor. But who knows right now. Whatever it's leaving behind is more than burning, so I think it's healthier than smoking. It has stronger effects than smoke for me, and has a nice big-boy signature. I'm keeping an open mind about it and hope we've found something new or different to extract, whether it appeals to vaporists or not.

At the end of the day, options are good, and smokers (there are tons of them!) are going to love this thing. And, yes, there have been times I have purposely hit the char mode for the effects...usually a strong nightcap.
Have you noticed any differences in the high compared to a convection or conduction vape? You say you hit it on char mode just for the effects, I wasn't really sure what you meant by that.

Last edited:
Vapxr,

Danksta

Does the WA change flavor at all with pyrolysis? If it's part combustion I would think the WA needs cleaned after use. Could just be REALLY heavy vapor.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Char = incomplete combustion

When many don't realize is combustion even occurs when vaporizing dried herb at nominal temperatures as there are multiple compounds in the flower with combustion points below the vaporization point of the cannabinoids.

It's also worth noting that there are presumably many compounds that have a boiling point right on the edge of combustion, or even above. Among those include quercetin, pulegone, THCV, CBC, etc.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

You keep making this thing interesting to me...

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Have you noticed any differences in the high compared to a convection or conduction vape? You say you hit it on char mode just for the effects, I wasn't really sure what you meant by that.

I use this mode to get to sleep, so it's a couch lock kind of thing for me. My smoker who hit it got pretty damn faded.

Does the WA change flavor at all with pyrolysis?

I don't know what you mean by WA, but I assume the water or something. But yes, the residue changes the taste slightly and I can either coat it with several dabs or give it a quick alcohol wipe and iso rinse, which is what I prefer.

You keep making this thing interesting to me...

It's interesting to me! I mostly vape dry herb, so when I first got the Switch that's where I focused and after some education and playing I've found a place for it in my use.

Niiizy_503

"Emails will be sent out to all the pre-orders over the next couple days with an exclusive link to our accessory store and shipping information. These are expected to ship out to you around the 25th."

correspondence from Dr Dabber
Hopefully the 25th is when there supposed to arrive.. otherwise it sounds like we got atleast another week n a half til there in hand if they don’t ship out til then. :huh::ugh:

Niiizy_503,
Top Bottom