Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

Niiizy_503

Hopefully the end of that pre-order countdown clock means that’s when they will either be shipping out... or maaaaybe, possibly even arriving on doorsteps of those who pre-ordered? I have this super tasty golden pineapple sugar, and terp sauce that I’m hoping I can save til it arrives.. been saving a little bit of every different type of concentrate I’ve had lately, want to throw a little bit of everything at it, n see what it performs n taste best with.. I already downloaded the user manual, hoping to have to good understanding of the capabilities right out of the box. Can’t wait to play with this new toy!

Dr. Dabber added a countdown timer to the Switch pre-order page for 8pm Thursday 5/17. It's not counting to the release, but to the end of pre-orders. Maybe they'll ship next Friday??
I’m hooooping, maaaaybe that’s when they’ll arrive on our doorsteps! Pre-orders end on Thursday.. pre-orders arrive on Friday! lol one can dream right?!

Last edited:

freddiegibbs

I’m hooooping, maaaaybe that’s when they’ll arrive on our doorsteps! Pre-orders end on Thursday.. pre-orders arrive on Friday! lol one can dream right?!
Hopefully but that might be a bit optimistic. If that was the case then I assume we'd be getting shipping notifications soon, as it's only standard shipping. I'm sure Dr. Dabber will come through to end all the speculation soon just by telling us.

freddiegibbs,
Reactions: Niiizy_503

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
:lol: very funny

I'll rephrase...WILL these units ship THIS week? ;):D

We will be sending out an email this week with shipping details for pre-orders and then we will announce the release date soon after. As of right now we are attempting to set up an exclusive Switch accessory store that will be available to pre-orders before their units ship. I do want to confirm that pre-orders will be receiving their units before our release date.

Niiizy_503

:rockon::clap: :D Pre-orderers get theirs before the official launch?!?!? Woooonderrrfullll!! Every day that passes, my anticipation goes up 10 fold! I love the peak, but man the Switch just looks likes it’s going to perform on a whole nother level! And access to accessories before the official launch?!? YES!!

freddiegibbs

We will be sending out an email this week with shipping details for pre-orders and then we will announce the release date soon after. As of right now we are attempting to set up an exclusive Switch accessory store that will be available to pre-orders before their units ship. I do want to confirm that pre-orders will be receiving their units before our release date.
Appreciate the updates. It's cool that you guys do this.

Niiizy_503

Appreciate the updates. It's cool that you guys do this.
It’s hell of cool how Dr. Dabber comes on forums like this, n keeps their customers posted, n in the loop on the status of their upcoming products.. n with the bonus gift n early access, there really making the pre-orders worth while.. I reserved the Peak before launch, which came to pretty much the exact same price as the Switch after tax, n other then getting one of the first units, there was no real advantage to pre-ordering it. But with the Switch?! Early arrival of the product? Check! early access to accessories? Check! aaaand a bonus gift!! quartz dish? Maaaaybe a Directional cap? Some sites are even offering an aurora kit as a bonus gift for pre-orders. Dr. Dabber is definetly making it cool for the customer! :nod: #theswitchiscoming

Vapxr

Is there potential for an app? Is the quartz cup usable with flower? Will there be more than one flower cup?

Vapxr,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
No pics or vids here..lol..I was lucky enough to know a dude who knows a dude and was testing the puppy out..I really enjoyed it..much stronger than a boost type enail..never tried with flower..just sweet dabs..it held its own against a liger..liger had it beat in taste with fire concentrates but with some regular everyday wax I had hard time telling difference..

I would expect the Liger to beat anything, That's my go to home unit. BUT as long as this thing hits even better than a peak and has the improved battery life, i'm in! Plus the ceramic atty's on the Peak are very fragile. Mine has already gone down, waiting patiently on a new one...or a Switch!!! I don't know about the Induction heater on the switch, but I know induction cooktops last for many years, I expect this heater to hold up pretty well also.
I have been missing my peak since the heater cracked, but Puffco may have a hard time selling the Peak after this baby comes out!

Niiizy_503

Lol browsin the web for any updates, reviews, or demonstration videos on this thing has become part of my daily routine.. I remember being excited for the Peak to arrive also, but w/ the induction heating process, this one has my peaked my curiosity juust as much as my excitement! Can’t wait to play with all the different settings, to find that perfect temp to not only knock your socks off, but also enhance the flavor n terp profile as well.. gonna be fun!

Danksta

^^^ SAME. Getting pretty excited to put this through it's paces. :science:

Not as sexy to the eye as the Peak but I'm hoping it's a better unit performance wise and is built to last longer than the Peaks are lasting.

A listing I saw on Alibaba makes it seem those Peaks are very cheap and highly overpriced. I PRAY this unit is not the same.

clukx

A listing I saw on Alibaba makes it seem those Peaks are very cheap and highly overpriced. I PRAY this unit is not the same.
forsure it will be, only if it can sell as well as the peak, I was pretty excited about the switch until I saw how big it is I guess that's for the larger battery.
I'm really disappointed on how you load this thing it looks like the bucket is like an inch down and very small diameter, also do you have to take the bowls out after every dab with the tweezers?

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
@Danksta This thing and the Peak are so different. I am glad to see you went for this instead. IMO the Peak is a glorified wax pen whereas this is a glorified portside or jarhead kit with a fancy temp controlling chipset, a couple of porous cups and a glass rig instead of a vapcap. The most unique thing about the Switch to me is not the use of induction heating but the accomplishment of actually heating all exposed sides of a nail on a portable device. We have talked about it any many other threads...you and I and some others...about how the cup needs to be heated along the walls as well as the floors. Finally we have a portable device that will do this.

On top of that, I think there is something to the porous design of the cups. I do worry the nail/cups are going to be too small but I am hopeful that I am wrong. I would imagine the porous design creates a larger surface area rather than smooth flat walls and floor and I bet it makes a great wicking surface. I can't wait for you to let us all know.

I also think the battery is just too large for me. A Switch Mini sounds right up my alley. 1/3 of the size and battery life and I would be much more interested.

I'm really disappointed on how you load this thing it looks like the bucket is like an inch down and very small diameter, also do you have to take the bowls out after every dab with the tweezers?
Maybe for reloading with herb, but not for dabbing. There is a self cleaning mode. I hear it does not swab well so every few dabs you have to put it in the self clean mode. This is different than what many of us traditional dabbers are used to with being able to swab clean after each hit, however I have always hated qtip method on portables so I think this could be another convenient feature once one gets used to it.

Last edited:

Danksta

Maybe for reloading with herb, but not for dabbing. There is a self cleaning mode. I hear it does not swab well so every few dabs you have to put it in the self clean mode. This is different than what many of us traditional dabbers are used to with being able to swab clean after each hit, however I have always hated qtip method on portables so I think this could be another convenient feature once one gets used to it.

I think that's for the ceramic. We should be able to swab the quartz cups.

Niiizy_503

I wonder what’s gonna be happening with the countdown clock.. if it’s just going to be the end of pre-orders, or if there might be some kind of announcement of the launch date. Hopefully the accessories page for the pre-orders pop up at the end..

freddiegibbs

If I exclusively use the switch for dabbing, can I hypothetically never have to remove the ceramic cup from the base, if it cleans itself?

freddiegibbs,
Top Bottom