DMT Vaporization

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So in relation to MJ, what temp does dmt vape at?

I'm planning on vaping some soon, should I be going hotter than normal?
Cooler?

I was thinking I'd use a bed of ABV, then vape the dmt with my LSV.

How are the effects of vaped dmt vs smoked?
Is the come-up still pretty much *bazinga - rocket to hyperspace"?
Is the overall intensity increased a bit like MJ?
Is it still a 5-10 minute rocket-coaster ride through eternity? Longer? Shorter?
And how about the "afterglow" still 1-2 hours?

I'm sure some or all of these have been answered, but the search isn't being my friend today. :\

Frederick McGuire,

snr420

what...what is this...ACK i dont even want this here... Dmsters disgracing my bud like that would be a shame...vaporizer are made so you can enjoy your weed...not taste that cat piss in your mouth...and watching a room full of kids trip that shit from a tweek pipe... :disgust: dont get me started. that was the gross of the gnar for me to watch :puke: and then all these kids started intensely tripping face...dude so lame! shit looked more hard than LSD or musrooms(even the short lived salvia) so if you really want to go all out trip DMT

fuck DMT...not telling you not to do it, but does it get any more nasty than meth :/ straight man made chemicals rushing into your head

and to answer your question...SMOKE IT OUT OF A FUCKING TWEEK PIPE(dont ruin a good investment)

just my :2c: of course

:uhoh:
:peace:

Not exactly what man made chemical you are referring to, but DMT is found in your blood. Right now. It's in your blood and your body makes it.

snr420,
Reactions: pigfoot

bsandhu

you could always buy some from that site that must not be named, you know the dark one!!!!!!!

bsandhu,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
So in relation to MJ, what temp does dmt vape at?
I'm planning on vaping some soon, should I be going hotter than normal?
Cooler?
I know EQ readout isn't so precise, but as a referrence point its enough:
For MJ a start getting vapors at 140°C and combust at 210°C.
With dmt vapors start at 150°C and that awful combustion at 180°C. So its narrower, more like cooler side. Just vape it like you would low-temp vape your herb.

I was thinking I'd use a bed of ABV, then vape the dmt with my LSV.
It will work, just make sure it will not go into heater when it gets molten. DMT stays in liquid state for a while before it begins vaping and is not sticky like BHO so without a good bed it can run away from the heat.
Vaping on bed of steel sponge will be more effective and faster. More dab-like. And the faster, the better, because on medium effect you start loosing motor control and can't take remaining hits on your own, so you have to vape all the precisely weighter dose before it takes full efect - in one or two hits. I believe the Cloud could do it easily in just one hit with its even heating and powerful extraction. With good lungs LSV should be also capable of vaping it in one hit from a steel sponge bed. If you prepare the load well - good bed and dmt placed right in the hot spot. One advantage of ABV bed could be that you can stir it when you fail to vape it all in one hit beacuse of some dmt out of hot spot. You can't stir steel sponge.

How are the effects of vaped dmt vs smoked?
The same, with vaping you just not get the horrible acrid painful burning taste on your lips and lungs, so it will make a better set and setting for the trip. As explained above, pain in mouth and lungs is not good, especially when diving into hyperspace. Properly vaped DMT tasted smooth, sweet, aromatic - exacly like the crystals themselves smell.
Is the come-up still pretty much *bazinga - rocket to hyperspace"?
Yes, the same. If you vape it as quickly as in one hit, the come-up will begin plus minus at the end of the draw. You will have enough time to put the vape away (but still recommend a sitter to take it away, motor controll will be affected a bit at this time already) and lay down. Peak will come in 15-45 seconds after that.

Is the overall intensity increased a bit like MJ?
Yes. When DMt is smoked so flame touches it, the efficiency can go near zero as combustion destroys DMT fully (it destroys THC partially). Usualy people don't burn it directly when smoking to allow some vape, so they are getting some very variable plus minus 40% eficiency. So smoked BT dose is considered 50mg and vaped 20mg. I've seen one post here reporting 25mg smoked, that guy must have developed almost vape-like smoking technique. Probably smoking it in VG style.
Is it still a 5-10 minute rocket-coaster ride through eternity? Longer? Shorter?
If you dive deep enough, then longer, I've not yet experienced dose so high it would stretch time, for me it was real-time everytime yet.
And how about the "afterglow" still 1-2 hours?
Probably, the afterglow strengh and duration are also given by dose. The most I've got yet was 5 mins of light visuals and 30 min of lingering body&mind effects. And no afterglow at < 13g.

Not exactly what man made chemical you are referring to, but DMT is found in your blood. Right now. It's in your blood and your body makes it.
So it is man made, right?... Haha, just kidding.

Even when evaporating and not freezing. Are people smoking it when it's still liquid?
Smoking naptha? Who could be THAT stupid?:puke:
Anybody tried this on a semi-hot ti-nail? (I know a really hot one will be to hot, am just thinking aloud)
Probably won't work. As I've said, it has narrow temp range, so heating it just right would be difficult. Also it stays i liquid non-sticky state for a while before starting vaping, so it will fall off the nail probably. It could run away even from a dish-shaped one, heated ball of liquid DMT is known to defy gravity and flow upwards.

IMO the MFLB is great because its easy to clean after the use and after learning the curve of hitting it. it helped get some big swallows or this sacred chem
I haven't tried, but i think it's not a good vape for this. Would you vape BHO straight from MFLB? No. And this is worse. Probably won't mess up the screen as bad as its not sticky, but it could go down into the sub-trench area and get stuck in there, also it can codense there. Good luck getting away the DMT smell, you can't clean that area. MFLB would smell like DMT forever after one use. You need something that is fully cleanable. IMO MFLB would only work with liquid pad and PA (battery too hot - 200°C). And even there its just conduction heating, convection is way better to get it in one hit before you loose motor control.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I don't know much about DMT, but according to what you're saying Seek, it seems like a Cera EO (or VG) might work well for this application. Melt it in, use the standard Cera mouthpiece to make things as pleasant as possible on the intake, then "bazinga" as Frederick said. I'm curious if anyone has ever tried using a thermovape revolution to vape DMT.

nopartofme,
I like the VG very much for this purpose. Either with a green screen (multiple clean stainless screens too), or a bit of chore boy mashed between two screens. I like very much that you can drop it right in your lap (or wherever) with no issue. The glass sherlock style is popular for this purpose over at the nexus, I find it too fiddly and fragile.
Please understand once you use your vape for DMT it will always reek of it! It is now a dedicated DMT only piece. [edit] unless the device and all it's parts are truly 100% cleanable.
Any time you use a device that is fragile/complicated/dangerous you'll need a minder, and I vastly prefer being alone for this experience. :o

nopartofme

Please understand (like Seek said) once you use your vape for DMT it will always reek of it! It is now a dedicated DMT only piece.
In the case of the Cera, probably not. You can soak the whole thing in ISO and then boil it…

nopartofme,
Reactions: Seek

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
I am significantly more interested in railing DMT off a titanium nail through an oil rig than fucking up the Cera cartridge with it :lol:

Maybe one day I can report my findings, until then thanks for all the information :D

Cheerful Dub,
I am significantly more interested in railing DMT off a titanium nail through an oil rig than fucking up the Cera cartridge with it :lol:

Maybe one day I can report my findings, until then thanks for all the information :D
I would be curious to see if this works out. I personally would find the dab set-up to be just the fragile/complicated/dangerous scenario I try to avoid. Although the guarantee of one-hit blast off may well be worth it.

[edit] While I went through a bit of a phase when it was first introduced to me, I do DMT once or twice a year max these days. ;)

mrboote,

nopartofme

Do you really think it would fuck it up? I think if you had access to the right cleaning supplies you should be able to make it like new. I mean, you can torch the thing or put it in an autoclave if you want… The biggest problem I think (as Seek pointed out to me) would be the temperature control. I'm not sure what temp thermovape's oil cores use. As I understand it, it's lower than that needed to vape loose leaf materials via convection, but I'm don't know if it gets up to 180 celsius.

nopartofme,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
never vaped dmt.. when i would smoke it out of a bong, i would put a nug in and just dump a good layer over it:o... never weighed it.. then i would get the flame close and melt it in.. then i would clear my lungs, and rip the shit out of it w/ the flame running all the way though it.. now a lot of text info would say your not supposed to do that, and it destroys it and whatever... but going by the results iv'e gotten from burning the shit out of it.. it's definitely quite active still, even after being hit by the flame like that, it was still possible to get a full heavy experience.. that's the way iv'e only done it.. it is a lot more wasteful.. but i was looking for results from one hit and that's how i got them.. i'm sure a lot was wasted but that was the trade off i would make.. i never had the patience to use the lighter backed off.. i always wanted to get the one hit rip.. it can be weird dealing w/ a glass piece or w/e, while coming up more slowly
w/ that said, i'm positive vaping is waaay more efficient.. one day i'll see

here's a video
I would be curious to see if this works out. I personally would find the dab set-up to be just the fragile/complicated/dangerous scenario I try to avoid. Although the guarantee of one-hit blast off may well be worth it.

[edit] While I went through a bit of a phase when it was first introduced to me, I do DMT once or twice a year max these days. ;)
same here.. phase for sure ha.. but its been ~ a year since...
have you ever come out of the trip shivering cold.. i get like that coming out of hard trips.. i have seen others get the same way.. probably just a lot of adrenaline but i makes me think i'm cold
....Smoking naptha? Who could be THAT stupid?:puke:
if its not aired out and fresh still.. it would be like smoking not fully purged BHO or ISO i'd imagine:puke: .. lol imagining some one trying to smoke naptha haha.

treeman

Well folks, finally got round to giving it a shot. Got my new DMT only DBV whip and loaded up a very small amount (13mg) of fresh nice fluffy white DMT over a bed of ABV. Bearing in mind I was kind of shitting myself because I have not consumed any DMT for over 3 years and last time I did it was 5-Meo-DMT which I don't like anywhere near as much as conventional N,N-DMT. Anyhow, I toked it and light vapor began to form in my tube, I got a reasonable hit and held it in for a good while (probably around 30seconds). I got a distinct effect but nowhere near the "Take off" I remember from smoking it. So I quickly took another fat long toke and held it. It intensified the experience but I didn't take off. Maybe the low dose was responsible.
Anyhow It's been like 15minutes and I still have a distinct feeling on the brain with flickers of light happening throughout my vision. I feel fucking amazing, I'd forgotten how awesomely spiritual this stuff is, the smell of it hanging in the air is taking me right back. I'm gonna wait an hour and try it with a full 20mg. I think I'm gonna' crank up the DBV a bit (it was on its lowest seetting) to see if it helps speed up the vaporization speed and get some higher vapor density on the go.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
If you didn't vape most of these 13mgs in one hit, you probably had too low temp or too small lungs. But you got effects, so it means you were approaching that narrow vaping range. So go up slowly. When trying any new vaping device, it will always consume some dmt just to find out what temp temp/dose/bowl arrangement is needed. If the temps goes up, vaporization speeds up. It can go up to point of being able to vaporize in one or two hits and then there is an abrupt point, when it burns. A vape can be on temp where it vapes everything in one big lungful, crank it up a tiny bit and then it could combust horribly if it was just below that point. Not complete combustion, higher temps are of course even worse, but with dmt even slight combustion ruins the taste and dimishes potency somewhat.

EDIT: My EQ always packed the biggest punch in the first hit, VXC does the same and even better, sometimes followed by one small finishing hit to get the rest. When done right and one has decent lung capacity, the second hit is not needed - it would do nothing. Or even a little higher temp?

EDIT2: Also how are you using the whip? DBV has it horizontal, which is probably not ideal for DMT as it could melt and flow down to the glass wall away from the convection heat. I think it would be best to tilt the DBV even beyond that "SSV angle", so it would be near vertical.

Seek,
Reactions: treeman

treeman

Just banged 22mg and seriously took the fuck off. I think my lung capacity definitely limits my intake but I did it in 2 long hits and the second one definitely packed most of the punch. Beautiful kaleidoscopic patterns appearing throughout my world in both the open and closed eye, in variety of colours though mostly reds and greens. Had some nice chilled out Steel Pulse on the speakers which worked really nicely with the blast off.
The vapor was much much thicker this time, Had that beautiful essence/taste of DMT and is sooo much nicer than the horrible acrid smoke it becomes when you put a flame to it.
Thanks for the advice Seek, I put it slightly higher and it helped a lot. I think next time I'll push it a tiny bit higher and see if I can fully vaporize it in 1 hit. I've always been told you instantly build tolerance to DMT so you cant redose 5 minutes after inhale, it needs to be rapidly taken in so I'm going to work on that.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Just banged 22mg and seriously took the fuck off. I think my lung capacity definitely limits my intake but I did it in 2 long hits and the second one definitely packed most of the punch. Beautiful kaleidoscopic patterns appearing throughout my world in both the open and closed eye, in variety of colours though mostly reds and greens. Had some nice chilled out Steel Pulse on the speakers which worked really nicely with the blast off.
The vapor was much much thicker this time, Had that beautiful essence/taste of DMT and is sooo much nicer than the horrible acrid smoke it becomes when you put a flame to it.
Thanks for the advice Seek, I put it slightly higher and it helped a lot. I think next time I'll push it a tiny bit higher and see if I can fully vaporize it in 1 hit. I've always been told you instantly build tolerance to DMT so you cant redose 5 minutes after inhale, it needs to be rapidly taken in so I'm going to work on that.
at first, when i read you "banged 22mg", my first thought was IV:o.. i was like "damn you're crazy treeman!" haha.
that's awesome, 22mg is tiny. sounds like you had a nice vacation. did you bump into any old friends? ;)

treeman

Lol, I'm not really down with terminology, I certainly wouldn't IV DMT (would that even work?). I've been thinking though. DMT crystals are already fairly pure but I'm contemplating what DMT reclaim would be like? At the moment I'm just using my old weed wand from my DBV, didn't even clean it (I don't really care about keeping my shit religiously clean) but I can imagine a DMT oily build up that could be outrageously vicious, or would it crystalize on the wand? Intriguing.

treeman,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Lol, I'm not really down with terminology, I certainly wouldn't IV DMT (would that even work?). I've been thinking though. DMT crystals are already fairly pure but I'm contemplating what DMT reclaim would be like? At the moment I'm just using my old weed wand from my DBV, didn't even clean it (I don't really care about keeping my shit religiously clean) but I can imagine a DMT oily build up that could be outrageously vicious, or would it crystalize on the wand? Intriguing.
LOL... ya, i wouldn't mess w/ that either.. on the spirit molecule documentary, they said something about the test subjects having it administered IV.. up to 50mg, if i remember correctly:o.

i finally got around to vaping it for the first time.. i used 25mg in my older MFLB w/ the concentrate tray, and the PA on full.. it worked awesome.. it's been over a year for me, and i was a little nervous.. i could have hit it bigger and held it a little longer.. still got my mind blown in a very familiar way.. i'll have to give it another go..

that concentrate tray is nice for it though.. i feel it can probably hold up to ~40mg if you are careful. this was the easiest/best way i have used D so far. i just left the LB on the table and used a whip. i would let it build up decent in the box and hit it.. super easy.

qwer

Has anyone tried vaping the bark or leaves of a plant that has DMT? without extracting it.
I have a plant near me that has about 0.3% DMT in the leaves.

qwer,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Practically impossible because of several reasons:
1) 0.3% is way too low. 6 grams would have to be vaped under one minute or it doesn't work. Show me a vape or lungs that can do that.
2) DMT naturally occurs in salt form which is hardly vaporizable. Maybe even not at all.

friday i tried vaping dmt in a vaporizer for the first time (had done it before but only with a pipe) :)

it was nice, works a lot better than with a pipe and a lighter... though the taste still is somewhat nasty and takes some getting used to ;)

the effects were good - the gnomes have learned a new way to say hoooray :D

did it out in nature at one of my favorite trip-locations - made me want to try it orally to see its full potential...

good vibes :)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Vapobowl can't be beaten for dmt IME ! Get the metal one... every glass can brake :)..

Abysmal Vapor,
i was using the solo, was not too worried about breaking the stem as i was sitting in nature with soft ground underneath ;)

but maybe some water-filtration would have helped with the taste...

SoulCaptivesAreFree,
Top Bottom