DMT Vaporization

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Have you tried the lowest temperature?
Having a vape with temp control, you need to keep dialing down until the taste stops being bad. I mean until it tastes like the smell of it. Some people dislike even this taste.

Last edited:
Have you tried the lowest temperature?
If the taste gets bad, dial down.

i used it on 3...

so it's not as disgusting on lower temps?

harshness was not the problem btw, just the taste - tasted like bad breath with plastic fart *yummy*

SoulCaptivesAreFree,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
That sounds quite right :D
The temp is too hot when it tastes very bad like very harsh acrid burnt plastic. This can happen as low as 180°C.
I would describe the right vape taste and smell like flower fart. Old mans breath can count too lol. As I said some people dislike even the right taste even when its not at all aggresive like the combustion taste.

ou812?

Yikes DMT still being used today recreationaly? For the most part as kids growing up in the early 70's psychedelics were still around from the heavy 60's use so we as kids tried everything. I will admit I did more than my fare share but not with out seeing the repercussions of those who couldnt handle them. IMO psychedelics are some of the heaviest of drugs to screw with.
DMT in the 70's was coined business mans trip, due to its intense trip but short lived as compared to a hit of good ole ORANGE SUNSHINE or WINDOW PANE.Did my fare share of the stuff as well as the shrooms, blotter, peyote ,synthetic mescaline capsules, you name it it was in abundance during that era.

I witnessed my friend have a bummer in which we spent a good 12 hours chasing after him only for it to end up in the hands of the state troopers, who beat him basically unconscious and dragged his ass off to the hospital ,where they proceeded to straight jacket his ass and load him up on Haldol to where he was nothing but a drooling waste curled up in the corner of a padded cell.Stuck in my mind to this day and was my last trip with any chemical of that nature.WORD OF CAUTION TO THOSE WHO DO PARTAKE AND ARE YOUNG...

THIS STUFF IS A HOOT BUT THE 1ST TIME SOMETHING RUNS A MUCK DURING YOUR TRIP I HOPE THERE IS SOMEONE AROUND SOBER IF NOT BEST HOPE YOUR NOT THE UNFORTUNATE ONE THAT IS GOING TO BE THE EXAMPLE THAT OTHERS WILL LEARN FROM!! THIS STUFF CAN REARRANGE BRAIN CHEMISTRY IN THE YOUNG. Stick to mighty healthier friend Ms Mary Jane. She will always leave you happy and hungry but able to enjoy it again and again......... Good luck for all you explorers seeking more than the normal 3 dimensions of our known reality, do try to learn from being fortunate enough to be able to jet back and forth between the many levels of consciousness that do exist. There's a reason psychedelics are used in religious practices, a lot of knowledge can be learned from them about ones self but not all are endowed in that sort of travel!!

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Which psychoactive doesn't rearrange brain chemistry in the young? Not MJ, that's for sure.
Also these rearrangements don't have to be necessarily negative. Can be, just not necessarily. There are a lot of people out there traumatized from psychedelic experiences as well as a lot of people who somehow got changed to the better by psychs. And some who didn't change at all on any level.

Yes, psychs can be mentally devastating when used irresponsibly or by unprepared people. A lot of people will never be ready for them.
Nobody should try any psych without at least doing extensive research on it.

If psychs would be legalized there would need to be powerful and unique high-level regulation so it doesn't turn out disastrous.
I think there should be some advandced psychotests to pass before one could order any legal psychedelic session with a sober sitter, preferably a doctor. Also an extensive consultation with a psychologist who knows what he's talking about and asks all relevant questions including "Why do you want to participate in this?" or "What are you looking to achieve, bring back, etc."...

Last edited:

ou812?

No doubt brother, I am for traveling thru the different dimensions and can say that it has helped me understand a lot. I do think that those who can take control of their voyages in and out of the many levels of consciousness are the ones who benefit from those drugs, I think a lot used it recreation-ally, too bad only few really used the drug to learn from.

Good book on the traveling with those type of vehicles comes to mind, he was a forefather in his time Aldous Huxley "The Doors Of Perception" he experimented with mescaline. Great writing as well is Carlos Castaneda's books "The teachings Of Don Juan" With psychoactives that are found in LSD,Peyote, Datura root,and all the other chemical mediums that are used for traversing the many levels of our consciousness ,I believe as you that they are to be reserved for those who are well informed and are truly are looking for answers in their voyage and not just a visual show of the pretty lights and colors and not being able to understand what is being unlocked as they so call "TRIP".

BTW my nitemare of that particular evening has left the friend that once knew me and has unfortunately not returned back to point "A" where he started, still on that journey as we speak, he is still circling the moons of Europa and that was 30 yrs ago.In his case the brain chemistry was horribly changed, I cant say for the better in this case, but it was changed.

If you can imagine back in the 60's Lysergic acid diethylamide was legal,and could be bought out of any drugstore.Art Linkletters daughter jumped to her death on it and he began a crusade against it. God can you imagine,I have done pure LSD-25!! HOLY shit 36 hour voyage with a peak of almost 20 hours of the afterburners kicked in BIGTIME!! and this stuff was being gobbled up like M&M's. Alot of people got fried and a lot of people gained knowledge in that era of experimentation with those drugs.

you can get around downing that awful cactus sludge by doing an extraction with limonene ;)

and concerning the "my friend ate acid and 30 years later still is not back to normal" stories:

yeah these cases exist, but they are rare and they are pretty much the same as psychosis caused by usage of cannabis: an existing predisposition to mental instability is brought to surface by an intense experience - the substance (lsd, cannabis, etc) is more of a catalyst than a cause ;)

of course there can also be an imbalance in the brain chemistry caused by excessive use of a whole range of compounds, but this kind of imbalance is temporary and not permanent and certainly doesn't last 30 years...

Last edited:

11eleven11

Yeah, you should always be concerned and looking at family history for ties to schizophrenia and such. I think the "safest" one (if it were even possible to measure such a thing) may be mescaline. The native american church does rituals with peyote all the time, and as a community there are not really any reports of adverse effects.

Hah.. yep I had San Pedro and it tasted like drinking throw-up. But it wasn't as bad as I thought, and if you squeeze a lemon or lemon juice in your mouth after you have a swig it aint so bad. :tup:

Best psychedelic experience of my whole life. Here's the Erowid trip report of that experience if anyone wants to read. It took forever for them to publish it and they changed the title. :lol:

P666R

did a bit of dancing last evening.
there needs to be a stash pic for d thread.
im too proud.

P666R,

ou812?

you can get around downing that awful cactus sludge by doing an extraction with limonene ;)

and concerning the "my friend ate acid and 30 years later still is not back to normal" stories:

yeah these cases exist, but they are rare and they are pretty much the same as psychosis caused by usage of cannabis: an existing predisposition to mental instability is brought to surface by an intense experience - the substance (lsd, cannabis, etc) is more of a catalyst than a cause ;)

Of course there can also be an imbalance in the brain chemistry caused by excessive use of a whole range of compounds, but this kind of imbalance is temporary and not permanent and certainly doesn't last 30 years...

you are correct, underlying was with out a doubt the reason it did what it did to him but no nonsense ,he isn't a functioning in the sense of being able to compete in society suffers from psychotic episodes, IMO the drug just uncoupled what ever was lurking,and as you mentioned ,set it off.Make no mistake its been 30 yrs and my friend isn't a functioning individual due to the event that night.Drugs fault, nah...but what ever happened to him he's not in our reality anymore,cant say what dimension he is at, but its not the one you and I are working and living in..
Those that are unstable don't fare well with heavy hallucinogens, and to add ,weed as well especially in today's climate of higher concentrations of THC.With out a doubt a catalyst.I don't partake in anything other than weed ,hash anymore, never had a bad experience ,other than the few that did drop some and had bad experiences and had to witness the event.It wasn't fun looking at troopers faces completely distorted and him saying to me,"look at them pupils big as saucers, where did he get it boy?" I'm glad I didn't flip out, but held my composure, scared shit and wanting to bust out laughing at the same time in their faces because they began to resemble real pigs, awesome but tuff to keep a straight face while your being interrogated.

For all those who have steel traps for minds and have done some travel via the chemical unlock, all the power to you,wish I was younger, wouldn't mind taking a 4.00 airplane ticket but I remember after dropping acid, later you were toast and were kinda wore out for at least 2 days.The old orange sunshine and window pane acid was like strapping on a Saturn 5 rocket engine and you catapulted in to the heavens and god was it a blast.When thinking about those times,I do smile ear to ear remembering how much fun it was for me while traveling. The buzz was the best of all the illicit drugs Ive done, there isnt anything like big gun hallucinogens. Fun fun fun!! BUT not for everyone. Pilots of the chemical craft are usually seasoned vets who have a lot of flyer miles under their belts and are in tune with controlling the craft and then there are those who are kamikazes and cannot operate safely and end up losing control of their craft and nosediving back to this reality with some dings an dents.

Last edited:

Supra

what...what is this...ACK i dont even want this here... Dmsters disgracing my bud like that would be a shame...vaporizer are made so you can enjoy your weed...not taste that cat piss in your mouth...and watching a room full of kids trip that shit from a tweek pipe... :disgust: dont get me started. that was the gross of the gnar for me to watch :puke: and then all these kids started intensely tripping face...dude so lame! shit looked more hard than LSD or musrooms(even the short lived salvia) so if you really want to go all out trip DMT

fuck DMT...not telling you not to do it, but does it get any more nasty than meth :/ straight man made chemicals rushing into your head

and to answer your question...SMOKE IT OUT OF A FUCKING TWEEK PIPE(dont ruin a good investment)

just my :2c: of course

:uhoh:
:peace:
DMT is not a man-made material. It's extracted from tree bark and other plants. There are many natural sources of DMT. We extract it using chemicals or other methods because the concentrations in plants are low enough where smoking them wouldn't get very much DMT into you. There are some man-made tryptamines but they're typically not vaporized nor smoked.

Supra,

exit

dmt vaporization interests me but i'm not sure if it'll be more reliable than the ol' henessey bottle dmt machine?

this is one of the most well said descriptions of the acid vs insanity issue i've ever heard/read.

exit,

paracaps

Vape Enthusiast
For me personally I found the Vapor Genie Glass Sherlock the best device to vaporise Dimethyltryptamine. You need to make sure there is adequate mesh inserted on top of the standard mesh like Chore Boy Copper Scrubber so it doesn't leak.

It's very smooth and your lungs are filled with a thick cloud of DMT. It's advantage over the normal Genie is your able to control your air flow by seeing exactly how how much vape is being consumed as it's all glass.

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I have done more than my share of dmt, and maybe have different opinions. First I have never seen a natural source, it has always been manmade. Based on a plant isn't the same as made from a plant.

I would normally get a 1/4 gram, and have trouble finishing it. It was always about a 1/10 of a gram high. We would put a nickel on a bowl of weed between 4 people usually and it was way more than enough. While enjoyable, it was always a once or twice a year kinda thing (not like having to set a schedule w/ lsd to even get off).

If the quality is the same nowadays (I was getting mine from the designer), I can't understand how people are even vaping it. This from someone who has dropped strips many times. DMT was more like lsd and pcp combined, intensified and condensed into 20 minutes. Fireworks in the sky, heavy visuals and couchlock.

personally, I never considered a dmt trip to be spiritual in nature like many hallucinogens can be. There usually wasn't much thinking/contemplation going on. On lsd, I would always have some 'great realization' before the trip ended - usually an answer to a question I didn't even realize I had about a current situation. W/ dmt, it was just a short balls out trip and then recovery.

For many years, my motif has been not to do/appreciate any 'drug' that has a way longer comedown than the ride. Dmt was the bath salts of the time. I am pretty sure consuming ayahuasca is a whole different story.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
For me personally I found the Vapor Genie Glass Sherlock the best device to vaporise Dimethyltryptamine. You need to make sure there is adequate mesh inserted on top of the standard mesh like Chore Boy Copper Scrubber so it doesn't leak.

It's very smooth and your lungs are filled with a thick cloud of DMT. It's advantage over the normal Genie is your able to control your air flow by seeing exactly how how much vape is being consumed as it's all glass.
I like best my Metal VB(10$) bowl attached to a cheap-ass microbong .(2$) I would be afraid to sacrife a Glass VG .. to that purpose.... Also i won't use both herb and dmt in it.. cause u mind find your self tripping from the dmt resin that build up just as the condensed mj vapors.
Other than that i bet it delivers a more gentle experience than the MVB.. but... knowing where u will be i a second.. doesn't allows use to focus much on taste and stuff :D

Abysmal Vapor,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I have done more than my share of dmt, and maybe have different opinions. First I have never seen a natural source, it has always been manmade. Based on a plant isn't the same as made from a plant.
This says absolutely otherwise:
http://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/DMT#Plants_containing_DMT

Actually synthetic dmt is very rare and not worth the effort when its already present in so many plants.
How would you explain ayahuasca if its not natural? DMT is the main ingredient of this natural psychedelic brew.
Shamen were no chemists yet they tripped on DMT hundreds if not thousands of years ago with this potion.

Last edited:

zymos

Actually synthetic dmt is very rare and not worth the effort when its already present in so many plants.
How would you explain ayahuasca if its not natural? DMT is the main ingredient of this natural psychedelic brew.
Shamen were no chemists yet they tripped on DMT hundreds if not thousands of years ago with this potion.

But until maybe 15 years ago, if you had smokable DMT, it WAS synthetic. It's easy enough to extract and make the freebase, we now know, but I remember when we were still figuring out the procedure and finding out where to source the raw materials.

Here's the WORST way to vaporize it- in a cheap, thin crack pipe that will explode into millions of tiny shards right after you take the hit- take my word for it!

Buildozer

Baked & Fried

I would normally get a 1/4 gram, and have trouble finishing it. It was always about a 1/10 of a gram high. We would put a nickel on a bowl of weed between 4 people usually and it was way more than enough. While enjoyable, it was always a once or twice a year kinda thing (not like having to set a schedule w/ lsd to even get off).

If the quality is the same nowadays (I was getting mine from the designer), I can't understand how people are even vaping it. This from someone who has dropped strips many times. DMT was more like lsd and pcp combined, intensified and condensed into 20 minutes. Fireworks in the sky, heavy visuals and couchlock.

personally, I never considered a dmt trip to be spiritual in nature like many hallucinogens can be. There usually wasn't much thinking/contemplation going on. On lsd, I would always have some 'great realization' before the trip ended - usually an answer to a question I didn't even realize I had about a current situation. W/ dmt, it was just a short balls out trip and then recovery.

For many years, my motif has been not to do/appreciate any 'drug' that has a way longer comedown than the ride. Dmt was the bath salts of the time. I am pretty sure consuming ayahuasca is a whole different story.
All the DMT I have ever had was extracted... Except for Maybe the first time I got some, that time it was completely crystal clear.. I feel like that might have been synthetic.. It was traded to a friend, by some one in the mix at a hippy festival.. I have seen lots of extracted DMT, all different grades.. And it can get pretty damn pure, but I have never seen it crystal clear like that..

I always felt that the different colored batches provide somewhat of different natured visuals, etc.. Kind of how different herb extracts get different concentrations of actives and terpenes and waxes, that affects its signature effects in the end, from batch to batch. I always enjoyed the middle quality, Not quite really white, but not dark orange/yellow.. I like my MJ extracts the same way.. IMO it feels like more balanced, full-spectrum effects.

Personally I have always found DMT to be very spiritual.. It just happens at such an intense rate, so there isn't as much time for thinking and pondering as with acid or mushrooms.. I would try not to let it get me thinking while tripping.. Instead I would keep a clear headed awareness, and just let deep and personally relevant things wash over me and be revealed, at warp speeds... In my case DMT was what I was Always looking for.. Beautifully Perfect IMO.. I wouldn't go trying to compare it to Bath Salts though LOL.. I've never felt any negative comedown effects from DMT, and IME the come down is very smooth and quick.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
All the DMT I have ever had was extracted... Except for Maybe the first time I got some, that time it was completely crystal clear.. I feel like that might have been synthetic.. It was traded to a friend, by some one in the mix at a hippy festival.. I have seen lots of extracted DMT, all different grades.. And it can get pretty damn pure, but I have never seen it crystal clear like that..

I always felt that the different colored batches provide somewhat of different natured visuals, etc.. Kind of how different herb extracts get different concentrations of actives and terpenes and waxes, that affects its signature effects in the end, from batch to batch. I always enjoyed the middle quality, Not quite really white, but not dark orange/yellow.. I like my MJ extracts the same way.. IMO it feels like more balanced, full-spectrum effects.

Personally I have always found DMT to be very spiritual.. It just happens at such an intense rate, so there isn't as much time for thinking and pondering as with acid or mushrooms.. I would try not to let it get me thinking while tripping.. Instead I would keep a clear headed awareness, and just let deep and personally relevant things wash over me and be revealed, at warp speeds... In my case DMT was what I was Always looking for.. Beautifully Perfect IMO.. I wouldn't go trying to compare it to Bath Salts though LOL.. I've never felt any negative comedown effects from DMT, and IME the come down is very smooth and quick.
The Red colored extract (hash oil like substance) is called Jungle spice and it is in majority 5-meo-dmt if i remember right :).. which contains a maoi and hits more ayahuasca like.. but it is harder go get brake trough unlike with DMT crystals :)

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
The Red colored extract (hash oil like substance) is called Jungle spice and it is in majority 5-meo-dmt if i remember right :).. which contains a maoi and hits more ayahuasca like.. but it is harder go get brake trough unlike with DMT crystals :)
I have had some pretty dark crystals before, but never messed w/ the Jungle Spice.. I have heard some weird tales, and I was never interested to see what was going on w/ it... I had a friend that used to like to use it from time to time, but I knew most people to stay away from it.. I have heard it is very intense, but not as visual as NN.. I suppose the darker crystals do have a little more of a jungle vibe???:shrug: Not sure though, since I have never used the jungle spice.. IME From what I remember, I felt like the more-white the crystals produced a more robotic and zappy visuals feel to me, and the darker ones seemed to produce more smooth and mellow visuals.. I've yet to try Ayahuasca, I still would like to though, some time.. Same w/ mescaline.

Buildozer,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
5-meo-dmt is not even present in the plant the jungle spice is extracted from.
Jungle spice is extracted from a same plant as dmt, just different procedure that extracts something more with it.
I think jungle spice is just dmt with some unknown MAOI. That would be why it hits more like ayahuasca, which is DMT+MAOI.
5-meo-dmt is also a MAOI, but it'S effects are described way different from DMT and ayahuasca. The feeling is described similar, but much less visual and extremely heavy body load.
Also 5-meo-dmt is said to be like 10 times more potent than dmt, which also doesn't match dosing of jungle spice.

highervibration

dmt vaporization interests me but i'm not sure if it'll be more reliable than the ol' henessey bottle dmt machine?

I use my GvG exclusively for vaping dmt I personally feel there is nothing better although the machine is very solid and i know a lot of people who'd prefer to use their cheap home made. I never like the fact I was heating up metal though, just personal..

I dont like smoking dmt I find it a lot harsher and the last thing you want to do is start coughing your lungs up as your blasting off.

I think most vaporizers would be very efficient, but I would have one exclusively for it, the taste can be hard to get rid off and not to nice when loading up some herb. :2c:

For me personally I found the Vapor Genie Glass Sherlock the best device to vaporise Dimethyltryptamine..
It hits like a champ. First time I used it after testing with some flowers I could see my GvG fill with huge dense clouds and as I exhaled all I could feel was warm hot air and nothing.. I started thinking that this may not be that great... 5 seconds later I felt a very familiar feeling before blasting off.. An absolute beast. When I came back to my senses I knew not to take this baby lightly. There is nothing better for dmt IMO. :tup:

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist

I will admit, most the information I received about dmt was from the bay area designer, not a wikipage. He got his chem degree from uofc Berkeley. It does sound like many are so far from the source that they don't have much other option than relying on sites like wiki or erowid for info on what they are putting into their bodies. I never said that there wasn't natural occuring dmt, just that most guys scoring on the streets probably don't see it as often. If you don't live South of the US border, I would hazard a guess that you ain't doing much ayahuasca. If you were to do a line of coke, would you compare yourself to the guy sitting in a Columbian field chewing coca leaves?

That said, maybe I'm wrong and a natural extraction is more prevalent nowadays. 15-20 years ago that was not the case. There are many plants that contain dmt, but only in trace amounts. Due to the huge amounts of plant matter needed to do a worthwhile extraction, synthetic dmt is probably more common than many realize. ALL of the dmt I have ever done is a pure white or clear crystalline powder. If you are seeing colors or impurities, chances are better that it is a natural extraction.

Here's a quick recipe floating around out there for a 'natural' extraction:

100-200 grams of Mimosa Hostilis root bark
A bottle of Lye ( 100% NaOH)
VM & P naphtha
A Bottle
and an oral syringe

Yummy!
I am not new to the psychedelic experience. I used to run books of white perf out of the bay area. I also lived in Central America for a few years (poking my head in further south now and again) and have had actual experiences w/ indigineous tribes, peoples and bizarre substances. I have ingested countless amounts of cubensis. I have had to set calendars to even get off on lsd. We used to drop strips in people's park before stumbling up the hill to the greek. We used to start the day in the palo alto hills w/ garbage cans of champagne and dose/shrooms/buttons before stumbling down to shoreline shows. I have gone to the east coast where you can bounce across the various state borders and watch dead shows 10-15 nights in a row. I've even scraped some poppy milk once or twice. Just because my opinion is different than yours, doesn't mean that it is based on naiveté or some snippet I read somewhere.

Top Bottom