Gear DIY E-Cig THC Liquid Discussion

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
I thought you folks here might be interested in what I heard today from someone at the Vape-Pen company.
This is not official yet but I hear that they are working on a Do It Yourself kit to sell so that people can make their own juice for the Vape-Pen. Don't ask me any questions about it, as I know nothing more about it than what I am saying here; let's just call this a "rumor" with strong possibility of being true.

If and when I get any solid info I will post it here, or in the Vape-Pen thread or both.

If you watch the Vape-Pen web site you will probably get the info quicker than I will get it. And since this is not official I really don't know WHEN this new product will come IF It comes, but I have faith in my source.

If I hear otherwise - that it's not coming out - I will also post that and apologize for getting anyone's hopes up. Sounds cool. I've also heard from the same source a rumor that they are working on a dry herb vape that will look like a fat pen or cigar size unit. I am more excited about that, but I think it's a little more in the future.

Oh, and this IS fact: the Vape Pen will be at the International Hemp Festival (or whatever its called) at the Cow Palace in Daly City near San Francisco on April 17 and 18.
(http://www.intche.org/expo.html)

MoeOnTheMoon,

evilferret

http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/109947-thc-drops.html

One success story with THC drops. Green Dragon -> PG Based Tincture.

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/417811-propylene-glycol-thc-tincture-recipe-me.html

Here's another recipe.

Also the THC in the tincture/juice should already be activated like cannabutter. You still get high if you eat cold brownies, no? So I don't see how temp control should matter.

You only need to get to 140/150 degrees to vaporize the PG/VG which is the carrier for the THC.

And people have been using different e-cig models to do this.

I don't want people to think they need a special e-cig to do this.

I personally use the "The Chuck" (http://thagbuilt.com/ and its American made too! Kinda like the PD of e-cigs).

Personally though, after the novelty wore off I stopped. I was getting annoyed refilling cartridges and making the tincture.

If somebody had the cartridges pre-filled at a good price than I might give it another shot.

Edit: There are concerns that the tincture will go bad (aka lose potency).

evilferret,

tetsuol

im tetsuol aka william and the pioneer of e-cig vape-toking

i still answer questions and help pp via email but i stopped posting on grasscity cause i suddenly got alot of narcs trying to bust me

im 28 going on 29 in 1 more week i know a cops voice when i hear it... my idea got me alot of police and federal agents trying to get me to cook it up for them. phonecalls saying theyd send me hundred or thousands up front if i sent them this "product" but i never fell for any of that crap

if you need help or someone to talk you through the proccess especialy from the pioneer of e-joints feel free to contact me by my registered email

as for the comment of having hash its not really hash but the byproduct left over from my method stil has some thc in it and yo can dry t and smoke it or better yet as i said use it to cook aka make some brownies ect

tetsuol,

evilferret

Well I used the first method, the Green Dragon -> to PG tincture, basically mixing them and allow the Alchy to evaporate.

MacRadish said:
evilferret said:
Always had difficulty imagining 3/4 pound into 1 pint of PG when I read that post.

What does he mean with the comment about now having two things and one of them being a brick of hash? Hash?
I don't have a problem seeing 3/4 lbs in a pint of PG because we're talking weight and volume. As long as volume is close to 1:1 you should be able to make a tincture.

People seem to forget weight and volume are not the same.

I think he may have went a little overboard but thats his prerogative.

I think the guy meant, he had the tincture + the leftover MJ which I guess he's calling hash. You can smoke the leftover or make it into food.

evilferret,

MacRadish

evilferret said:
You can smoke the leftover or make it into food.
Not I, maybe you.

So, 1:1. Are you suggesting 3/4 POUND, 12 OUNCES of green, is equivalent in size to 1 liquid pint? Sorry I can't see that. Seems like an awful lot of green to absorb only 1 pint just to make e-juice. For what Army? I guess that's the "overboard" part.

MacRadish,

tetsuol

1 pint is 16 oz.

3/4 a lb. was a rough estament i had a lb of schwagg and used most of it for the tincture propably more then 3/4 lb

basicly 1:1 ratio

tetsuol,

evilferret

MacRadish said:
evilferret said:
You can smoke the leftover or make it into food.
Not I, maybe you.

So, 1:1. Are you suggesting 3/4 POUND, 12 OUNCES of green, is equivalent in size to 1 liquid pint? Sorry I can't see that. Seems like an awful lot of green to absorb only 1 pint just to make e-juice. For what Army? I guess that's the "overboard" part.
What's with the hate? Again as tutsuol said 16 ounces in a pint. Still a bit overboard with fresh green IMO. Maybe with ABV.

Again, use your leftovers is at your own discretion.

Depending on cooking ingredients, I would use or not use the leftover (butter/any oils is a big no no).

PG/VG/Water(I make my own tea bags and drink it with a dollop of butter) I would use the leftovers. In case of my tea bags I reuse them at least 10 times.

I don't know why I'm defending this since I said I found it too tedious when a vaporizer is easier. Heck, I find my tea bag trick easier and more Zen-like.

I'm just saying you can make your own and use any e-cig to do so.

Also tetsuol can you report about the loss of potency over time? I'm just curious if people found VG better or not.

evilferret,

tetsuol

the potency loss ofer time is minimal

i have no clue over a more extended period but the original pint i made to test my theory was gone before too much time had passed

plus it may have just been in my head cause as i said future batches i used smaller amounts and higher quality bud.

so im sure there really wasnt a loss of potency. just better potency from better quality bud so the "cheap" pint seemed weak in comparison

the basics are as so

you want quality and high potency.. dont cheap out on the product and dont cheap out on the proccess

if you want the best then use the best

ans yes the leftovers could easily be used for tea thats also something ive done a few times lol

oh and let me add one more thing. blender or food proccessor before and after the boil for much better results and keep temp under 14-/150 above that burns off the THC and your left with e-cig juice bud flavored with no effect

tetsuol,

MacRadish

evilferret said:
What's with the hate? Again as tutsuol said 16 ounces in a pint.
Sorry about the tone, no hate. I was turned off when you said "People seem to forget weight and volume are not the same." I do know the difference.

I have a hard time envisioning the volume that 12 ounces of green is absorbing a mere 16 FLUID ounces of PG. That's all.

MacRadish,

tetsuol

MacRadish said:
evilferret said:
What's with the hate? Again as tutsuol said 16 ounces in a pint.
Sorry about the tone, no hate. I was turned off when you said "People seem to forget weight and volume are not the same." I do know the difference.

I have a hard time envisioning the volume that 12 ounces of green is absorbing a mere 16 FLUID ounces of PG. That's all.
read. "food proccessor or blender"

some people dont bother reading the entire post before making "clever" observations

also if you want to use way more PG and way less bud. go fo it

youll be wasting your bud and creating something very very weak but hey thats your choice

my proccess is for smoking in public / around family ect whithout people knowing your smoking bud

tetsuol,

Sytex

I have also been looking into making a thc e-liquid, by popular demand.

basically its like making a thinned out version of hash oil.

Im thinking if I dissolve the thc crystals from some bud into some alcohol, evaporate the alcohol out and concentrate the thc most of the way, add PG or VG, and finish evaporating out the alcohol.

The only problem is the final product will be very dark in color, and I dont know how good it will be for an atomizer, but it should be quite potent, I may have to thin it out a bit in the end with pg. Im going to try it one day when I get the supplies. Also it may be better suited for a high voltage device...

Sytex,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I made a nice e-cig liquid that actually works very well recently and has no oils to gunk up the atty. Problem is it wasn't using herb :( Used the jhw-018 from a lab mixed w/ PG. It isn't something I'd want to use all the time as I prefer natural herb but it works well.

Also no need for high voltage with it using the new low ohm atomizers ;)

Lo,

KennyD

Guys, I am using a Joye 510 e-cig. I haven't smoked a cigarette in 19 days, and I smoked a pack and a half a week before hand. I use the ECOPure Menthol e-liquid at 25mg. I also have some Totally Wicked Menthol, France Pipe. I whipped out the wimpy stock battery for a VOLCANO set up, and all I can say is....this is unreal.

I have yet to DIY, I like it made for me.

KennyD,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Trixter, you mean i can make rose absolute and BHO?
OMG, I could probably extract oils out of many plants with a BHO rig, it's just a basic solvent extraction method.

that may be the solution until Mr. herbgirl allows me to drop some dough on a stovetop still - "but Honey, I can use it for ALL herbs"

i am currently waiting on the riva 510 i ordered the other day and plan on attempting to make some special e-liquid soon.

herbgirl,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
EDIT: met a guy who said he bought some and it didn't work (and fried atomizers) - probably not the same collective, but I'm not so excited anymore. I will leave this picture here, because pictures are always nice. :)
UM, I JUST REALIZED HE WAS USING JOYE 510 ATOMIZERS, INSTEAD OF THE VAPE PEN, SO...MAYBE THAT MAKES A BIG DIFF...I'LL CALL AND REPORT BACK
===========================

There's a collective selling Weed E-juice - I'll post a screenshot so it'll last...but here's their link...

http://vape-pens.420passion.com/menu.php

2ypdsh3.png

VWFringe,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
This thread has absolutely no conclusive answers. It seems like any time anyone figures something out they leave the forums and start profiteering, leaving the legitimate community behind in the dust. I've just read through five pages of a jigsaw puzzle, from which half the pieces are missing. So troublesome.

I don't have the resources to do any extensive testing, or the chemistry knowledge to skip it. Are there any brave souls willing to post a conclusive summary detailing what it takes, exactly, to get THC suspended in a PG solution?

I've got a few ideas but without a non-volatile solvent, the concentrates would just end up stuck to the side of whatever vessel I used, while I sat there hitting an empty tincture like an imbecile.

BTW what's the big deal about the vape-pen? Looks like the site hasn't been updated for over 2 years.

Orestes,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I have read the same 5 pages and came to the conclusion that the general conclusion seems to be that what you're asking can't be done.

Either the dosage is so low you'd need to suck on that mofo for half a day before you start noticing anything, or you simply fuck up your atty because your juice is to think/oily. We need better technology first I'm afraid.

But I'm just a stoner too, so I may be wrong.
(don't think so)

OhTheAgony,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
OhTheAgony said:
I have read the same 5 pages and came to the conclusion that the general conclusion seems to be that what you're asking can't be done.

Either the dosage is so low you'd need to suck on that mofo for half a day before you start noticing anything, or you simply fuck up your atty because your juice is to think/oily. We need better technology first I'm afraid.

But I'm just a stoner too, so I may be wrong.
(don't think so)

Pretty much this is where we are at, as consumers their is not much we can do until a revision of the current atomizer technology happens, if you are lucky enough to live in Cali i would buy it from a dispensary personally. I dont have a dispensary selling it here in CO yet so im still puffing on BHO.

Survivalism,

stinkbud

The problem is VG and PG are thick. What about using Polyethelyne Glycol-400 (PEG-400)? From what I have read about it and from my personal experience, it is a better solvent than VG and PG. It may make for better extractions and thinner liquid.

stinkbud,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Could this work? If I got like a liter of ready made tobacco e liquid and put some abv and fresh meds in the liquid for like 2-3 week in a dark, cool space then strain it could this work? Or would I have to heat it up or something? thanks

lesvape,

stinkbud

I would stay away from nic fluids to make your tincture. Get an untreated solution like PG, VG or PEG-400 (I so want to use this for an extraction....someday soon). I would think that any additives in the mixture will alter the solubility.

stinkbud,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Well I was going to try some of nic-free ones. What is PEG-400 and is that more effective that PG or VG? Because I have a e-cig model that can use either PG or VG.

lesvape,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
So, should I be using the method listed here(the BHO method), or the method discussed on grass city with PEG-400 instead of PG?

It was mentioned in this thread that PG doesn't properly bind with THC or something along those lines, but is PEG-400 better solution at binding with THC? Thanks.

lesvape,
Top Bottom