• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear DIY E-Cig THC Liquid Discussion

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I made a messy concoction today with VG, good quality trim, and shot worth of vodka(dripped in every so often). I goofed up a bit by adding a very small amount chocolate-coffee extract(oil to flavor or so I thought). It didn't really look right after boiling it for a few hours on a stove, so I drank some of it instead. It creeped in kind of good about an hour later, and lasted 4-5 good hours.
Took the rest I didn't ingest & mixed it w/ some tincture from a local shop in a dropper. I was for the most part sober, and after a couple of drops in the e-cig(joye 510) and 20 min of on &off vaping I am feeling good. Not sure if it was the mixture that did it or more was being digested or something.

lesvape,

stinkbud

I have been getting my peg-400 from totallywicked-eliquid.com

They have 60 ml bottles for around $7 I think. The price is reasonable. Glad to see you had decent results with the VG. I love vaping e-juice so I will be doing this sooner or later.

stinkbud,
Reactions: 215z

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
What are some of the differences between PEG-400, vs the more common PG, and VG? Does it offer any advantages over the other two for the material we are using?

Is there anywhere else, that may carry PEG-400, because I get the feeling that is a bit pricey for the how much you are getting.

lesvape,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I am just curious if anyone has used THC tincture suspended in food grade glycerin as a mixing agent for their E-liquids. I just ordered a kit today so that I could experiment. Does anyone have any experience with the use of these?

Bluntcrush,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Bluntcrush said:
I am just curious if anyone has used THC tincture suspended in food grade glycerin as a mixing agent for their E-liquids. I just ordered a kit today so that I could experiment. Does anyone have any experience with the use of these?

I've made tincture, but haven't vaped it...it was a saturated solution of BHO and VG, had to take a tablespoon to get high, so it wouldn't have been suitable.

I wonder about THC acetate, some way of getting it more potent - i read some posts about this recently.

I've got VG and PG and nic, and have vaping DIY for a couple months now. I'm waiting to hear someone I trust say they got vaked vaping on an e-cig tho, just having a hard time believing it could work.

VWFringe,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Well I would think an even higher concentrate of tincture(3-4 to get you good, and has minimal oils in it) mixed with a VG, PG, or PEG-400 liquid that been boiled(3-6 hours) in kief or trim that could work, I think. Then maybe mix a couple of drops of flavored e-liquid if you don't like the taste. Kind of how I did it, but I won't fully know if that really works or not until Saturday.

There has to be a method that could work as 215 out in the Valley supposedly found a liquid that works.

lesvape,

BuddahMonk

I've tried mixing keif with VG and letting it sit for 2 weeks. Turned into some nice amber VG. Put a few drops under the tongue and it tasted like chronic candy. Didn't get a buzz. Tried filling a blank cartomizer and let it sit for half a day an then vaped for about 20 min. Didn't feel a thing.
Just my experience.

BuddahMonk,

MacRadish

VWFringe said:
just having a hard time believing it could work.

Tested and verified it works, for lightweights.

Nicotine is very powerful and little is needed susupended in VG or PG to get the job done (nicotine delivery) for smokers. TH is not, so your not gonna get a rip roarin SSV vape type hit effect from a puff of a TH e-cig, that simple.

But it works.

MacRadish,

stinkbud

lesvape said:
What are some of the differences between PEG-400, vs the more common PG, and VG? Does it offer any advantages over the other two for the material we are using?

Is there anywhere else, that may carry PEG-400, because I get the feeling that is a bit pricey for the how much you are getting.

Things seem to dissolve easier in PEG-400. My chemistry days are far behind me so I can't even begin to explain why.

You can get PEG-400 in bulk. I buy it that way, but I am using it for my e-juice that I sell. If you want to buy it by the gallon then have at it. $7 for 60 ml was good for me before I started selling juice.

stinkbud,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
BuddahMonk said:
I've tried mixing keif with VG and letting it sit for 2 weeks. Turned into some nice amber VG. Put a few drops under the tongue and it tasted like chronic candy. Didn't get a buzz. Tried filling a blank cartomizer and let it sit for half a day an then vaped for about 20 min. Didn't feel a thing.
Just my experience.
I think you need to boil the liquid with the materal in there for 4 hours or so for the TH to be fully absorbed by the VG. Trust me I had a shot glass worth of VG, mixed TH, a little amount of oil. and vodka. I took the shot after boiling it for a few hours and that really worked for me. Now I had a bit of this liquid left that I add a few drops tincture I bought to it, and did a light filtering to. Not sure if it really worked when I dropped in in the e-cig but it there is a good change it could have worked(not sure if it was that or what I drank hours before).

lesvape,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Okay I did more testing with the liquid I made and I noticed a few things. I either need to use more or strong stuff, and so far in the form I have it now just maybe good enough to keep you vaked longer. :/

lesvape,

DmdJoe

The reason PEG400 USP is more expensive is because there are only a very few people that repackage it in smaller containers and very few companies produce it. The most common company is Dow. Also, companies have to order a whole tanker load and have it drummed up, rather where propylene glycol has many other manufacturing sources and better distribution. PEG 400 is a heavier grade of glycol. There is a site you can order it at: PEG400.com

Propylene Glycol comes in 2 forms. The most common one is a vegetable based. Vegetable based means the glycerol that was used to produce the propylene glycol was a by product of a vegetable based product (soybeans or a biodeisel vegetable based product) rather then from chicken fat or animal lard. :uhoh:

Always make sure your Propylene Glycol is labeled USP. This grade is safe for consumption. Also, as a double check, make sure to buy a Kosher grade. The bottle should have a OU copyright stamp. This looks like a U with a circle around it. This means it has been blessed by a rabbi and it is safe for food consumption. There is a lot of folks selling PG out there that are repackaging it and are not conforming to USP packaging requirements. The kosher certificate must match the bottle label and not a 3rd party reference. This will ensure you are dealing with a company that knows what they are doing! :)

Im not aware of any PEG 400 USP kosher grade products only PEG 400 USP packaged.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, after working on this for months and trying it over an extended period of time, making a very potent VG and not getting good enough results from using it in my various e cigs, I decided it was better used under my tongue. Good luck to y'all, I am going back to using only pure concentrates in my e cigs and nothing mixed in VG/PG liquid.

jambandphan03,

Cymbaline

Have lurked this thread for months and think I've found something that works, please give advice, I’m trying to decide if I should buy this Liquidizer extractor and ecig combo, http://www.liquidizer.com and I’ve never used butane before and would love to vape my own tobacco and herb extract in an ecig. Google doesn’t help much and this thread is the best info I’ve found so far. Appreciate your help.

Cymbaline,

kato1234

As a DART owner and an e-cig user I have also been looking for a way to combine the two. I'm wondering if part of the problem with trying to use tincture in an e-cig is temperature. Going by other treads if you try e-liquid in the TV DART/Revolution it will burn it as it operates at a higher temperature the TV AVA. So maybe if you are using an e-cig type atomizer it is not getting hot enough to vaporize the oil and is only boiling off the PG/Vg leaving the oil behind. Also as previously mentioned in this thread the concentration of oil to carrier means you have to vape a lot of liquid to get a small amount of oil making it inefficient even if it is being vaporized. Possibly with a Volcano, stage vaporizer or something similar you could get enough output to make it work. But that kind of defeats the portable e-cig. I have tried my DART on an E-Go twist (variable voltage battery) and it works great. Looks just like a regular e-cig. I have the Ultra battery but it tends to attract attention in public.

kato

kato1234,

Darren

Great work man! Same exact process I plan on using. My hypothesis as to why yours didn't work is because you (if I understand your post correctly) shared the equivalent of a 1g joint amongst 2 people over the span of an hour. If one was to do that with a regular herbal joint I don't think either person would feel anything either. Joints are meant to be smoked in 5-10 minutes. It's the same concept as chugging a beer as apposed to sipping one for an hour. I plan to try around .4g (~4 drops) of BHO and the rest (~4-6 drops) nicotine propylene glycol tincture. That way the equivalent to a 1g joint can be smoked in 10-15 minutes. I should have everything I need (including an ounce of herb to make my own BHO) within the next month. Will post any results or ideas I have. Good luck to everyone.

This is a very interesting concept. Why not up the BHO?

Darren,

Furianlord

Anyone try D-Lemonene BHO in an an e cig yet? BHO is more soluble in Lemonene than PG or VG so can use less and has good orange flavor imo(only tried with dabs as vapor point is in the 400's F).

Furianlord,

liquidix

Making the pg/vg tincture is not that hard and there are many ways around it, however extracting directly with pg/vg is no go from my experience, it doesn't work well and then the resulting liquid is way too diluted! Its much better to extract with alcohol, add pg/vg and evaporate the alcohol!

here is the best way to this with isopropyl and pg/vg (IMO):

1. place the bud in a jar or container and put in the feeizer
2. place the alcohol (isopropyl 99.99%) in the freezer as well
3. allow time for the bud to freeze and the alcohol to cool down the add the alcohol to the jar with the bud
4. shake the jar for a good minute then return to the freezer and leave for 2-3 min
5. shake the jar good again and filter (simplest way is to use coffee filter)
6. add pg, vg or both (i like to use 50% mix), keep in mind that I usually add around 1.5ml of pg/vg per gram of bud (keeping it strong we wont potent liquid that gets the job done with 4-5 puffs)
7. heat the container to ~60 C to evaporate the alcohol, bets way is the put your container in a bigger one which has water in it, this way you don't apply the the heat from your stove directly to your container and the temperature can be controlled more easy. You can also just boil water in the cattle and pour it in the big container, this however will require you to change the water periodically and will also take more time.
8. once evaporated you can add e-luquid flavour of choice (you can even buy a mary jane flavour to keep the taste as it should be;) )
9. Ready to go!

my advice use dripper type of atty, just drop two three drops when you want to smoke and store your liquid in the bottle, it's a bit more 'heavy' than normal e-liquid so it doesn't work as great in tanks/clearomizers/cartomizers

if you want, you can also decarb your bud before extraction, however I think it's pointless and can't detect a difference (it will anyway decarb on the fly while you vape, because decarb happens at around 120C and pg/vg starts to evaporate at 160C)

In my personal experience this is the best and fastest way to do this and results in very clean and potent liquid that gets the job done well with 4-5 puffs

severalmore

I thought you folks here might be interested in what I heard today from someone at the Vape-Pen company.
This is not official yet but I hear that they are working on a Do It Yourself kit to sell so that people can make their own juice for the Vape-Pen. Don't ask me any questions about it, as I know nothing more about it than what I am saying here; let's just call this a "rumor" with strong possibility of being true.

If and when I get any solid info I will post it here, or in the Vape-Pen thread or both.

If you watch the Vape-Pen web site you will probably get the info quicker than I will get it. And since this is not official I really don't know WHEN this new product will come IF It comes, but I have faith in my source.

If I hear otherwise - that it's not coming out - I will also post that and apologize for getting anyone's hopes up. Sounds cool. I've also heard from the same source a rumor that they are working on a dry herb vape that will look like a fat pen or cigar size unit. I am more excited about that, but I think it's a little more in the future.

Oh, and this IS fact: the Vape Pen will be at the International Hemp Festival (or whatever its called) at the Cow Palace in Daly City near San Francisco on April 17 and 18.
(http://www.intche.org/expo.html)
Yeah...I'm sure lots of people are working on this. There are already some tank refill kits out-- organa labs, the maker of co2 oil and the o pen, both. The deal is pg/VG don't really work in the tank . Pg/peg does. But maybe not for the dissolving solids thing. I take thick liquid co2 oil and thin it with a pg/peg mix that I bought specifically to mix with oil & fill the o pen kiss carts with. I put this in a tank it works great. Go low and slow and it tastes great first to last puff. The evod glass and evod2 glass tanks with the updated coils and contained wicks work best. Keeping upside down or horizontal and going easy prevents leaks.
I have tried all kinds of tanks, rbas, this and straight dripping work best. I have had NO luck with any protank or aerorank models. I hear the aspire tanks work well, and I am going to try a vivi nova-s tank next. Very similar design to the evod, simple tanks without framework and crap inside. Easy to fill. Cheap on eBay.
I'm just going to read the "ingredients" on the tank refill kit by organs labs-- organically extracted co2 cannabis oil, ethylene oxide polymer, ethanol, vegetable glycerin...
My point is that there are people working on this, the tech will catch up, I think as and ceramic wicks are going to make the difference, for now the only things that are as effective and convenient as we would like--require more than just some VG and heat. The mix and ratio is going to be a little more complicated, and going to contain a lot more ingredients than some purists will care for. On the other hand, the industry is progressing RAPIDLY in our direction. Native roots apothecary dispensary here in denver has cannasap, which is a bho oil thinned with pg/VG that is made to fill tanks. There is a rank refill kit from organa labs. Liquidizer who is on here has an ejmix for vaping solids. Make/mix your own, DIY baby...ethanol is a great thinner, there's some taste issue, but a simple enough process, and most vap-able tinctures I've seen around here use ethanol, so...its all very do-able...much easier in green states but still..

severalmore,

severalmore

Making the pg/vg tincture is not that hard and there are many ways around it, however extracting directly with pg/vg is no go from my experience, it doesn't work well and then the resulting liquid is way too diluted! Its much better to extract with alcohol, add pg/vg and evaporate the alcohol!

here is the best way to this with isopropyl and pg/vg (IMO):

1. place the bud in a jar or container and put in the feeizer
2. place the alcohol (isopropyl 99.99%) in the freezer as well
3. allow time for the bud to freeze and the alcohol to cool down the add the alcohol to the jar with the bud
4. shake the jar for a good minute then return to the freezer and leave for 2-3 min
5. shake the jar good again and filter (simplest way is to use coffee filter)
6. add pg, vg or both (i like to use 50% mix), keep in mind that I usually add around 1.5ml of pg/vg per gram of bud (keeping it strong we wont potent liquid that gets the job done with 4-5 puffs)
7. heat the container to ~60 C to evaporate the alcohol, bets way is the put your container in a bigger one which has water in it, this way you don't apply the the heat from your stove directly to your container and the temperature can be controlled more easy. You can also just boil water in the cattle and pour it in the big container, this however will require you to change the water periodically and will also take more time.
8. once evaporated you can add e-luquid flavour of choice (you can even buy a mary jane flavour to keep the taste as it should be;) )
9. Ready to go!

my advice use dripper type of atty, just drop two three drops when you want to smoke and store your liquid in the bottle, it's a bit more 'heavy' than normal e-liquid so it doesn't work as great in tanks/clearomizers/cartomizers

if you want, you can also decarb your bud before extraction, however I think it's pointless and can't detect a difference (it will anyway decarb on the fly while you vape, because decarb happens at around 120C and pg/vg starts to evaporate at 160C)

In my personal experience this is the best and fastest way to do this and results in very clean and potent liquid that gets the job done well with 4-5 puffs
Wouldn't you recommend using ethanol for this rather than isopropyl? I understand its hard to get in some places...there is also kleen extract, they say 100% grain alcohol, 200 proof, there's a whole discussion here on that...do you recommend iso because its available everywhere? BTW there is a qwet vs qiso discussion here that details both processes very well

severalmore,
Top Bottom