Gear DIY E-Cig THC Liquid Discussion

HAZE1015

O sorry about double posting the link. But has anyone found this to work, it seems like the easiest method.

HAZE1015,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I did try my own adaptation of the e-cig juice today... The jury is still out... I am not sure if it gets me high cuz... Well, I'm high already ;) I will test tomorrow with am coffee and report back! I'm hopeful. It does work in my screwdriver though I mixed a little regular juice in it as well. Tomorrow I'll try straight.

A warning to those that haven't read about it already but oils are supposed to gunk up the atomizers so it might work but it might kill your atty.... We shall see! I have my doomsday supply stash so, in the interest of science I'm willing to risk a loss :D

After reading that the tincture may lose potency I decided to make a small batch.

I used an 8 oz mason jar, the jelly type with a wide mouth (use them A LOT). I added 2.5oz of PG and .5oz of VG into the jar. I loaded in finely chopped weed (good but not like a good named variety). I added as much weed as would saturate into the liquid (okay - just under saturation so I could stir a bit). As an after-thought I added one of my little soylent green tablets - crushed up as well (pollen pressed patty) - Was thinking - go big or go home!!

I sat the jar on a $5 candle warmer from wal-mart with a thermometer. I found that by leaving the metal lid partially on I could get it to maintain 170 degees which I then did for the better part of the day, stirring occasionally. Smelled kinda nice. I set the oven timer to remind me to check the thing periodically.

After I was thinking it had to have reached the saturation point I removed from heat. I used layers of cheesecloth over my fine mesh strainer. Strained/wrung/etc. into measuring glass. I then poured into little amber bottles (thinking about the potency loss mentioned in grass city). I skipped the blender bit since I think there isn't much left to extract. I also flushed the coffee grounds ;)

Can a science mind answer? Isnt' PG alcohol based, wouldn't that extract the compounds pretty darn completely. If not, I've read it's not good to burn sugars, alcohols so... True, not true?? I guess that recipe meant to dry the coffe grounds out??? I wasn't sure about that but I treated it like an ISO wash or GD recipe... I tossed.

While I was playing Ms. Wizard I also used did an ABV, Everclear wash/strain. Now I'm using candle warmer help evaporate off some of the alcohol. I did vodka with reg weed and abv... Then I thought about reducing, like a sauce - hoping to reduce by 1/2 or so. I'm not a drinker - just want the canna-goodies LOL!

I'll let you know how the tincture goes tomorrow. EXCITED to try. Puffing away on it but don't know if it's doing anything :2c:

Lo,

Lo

No official report yet LOL. Observations so far:

I will say I didn't vape anything else last night except my after dinner vape - then sat in recliner in front of tube with my screwdriver and my new pretty green juice and watched some HD concerts I've been recording. I literally melted into the chair, I remember wondering if I was feeling buzzed, don't really remember feeling a buzz but man I melted. I transferred myself into bed at some point and slept like a ROCK! My mind is going all the damn time and I have a hard time stopping the thinking long enough to sleep USUALLY. That was NOT a problem last night and I didn't vape as I usually do ;)

Mind you, I've been a heavy toker for decades... HEAVY! I just started vaping in the last month and a half but I feel EVOLVED! Don't even care to combust at all thanks to you guys enlightenment!

Anyhow, morning coffee I didn't vape at all. Grabbed my screwdriver and just used my pretty green juice. I continued to puff as I usually do for I'd say 1 hour or so. I do think there is an effect BUT I don't think it was my morning wake up call I need to get going. Might be a maintain your buzz kinda thing OR it's not strong enough OR I needed to vape the shit out of if LMAO!

Further studies will need to be concluded BUT at that point I was ready for a real vape. Then I'll see if I can maintain if a bit... Will report back! I am hopeful and excited cuz my husband said he couldn't smell it AT ALL! I can taste a teensy bit but.... I mixed it with a little peanut butter cup flavored juice and vaped it at a patio restaurant last night in front of God and EVERYONE :D

My husband thinks I have lost my mind.... He's thought that for 20 damn years probably BUT... Now he thinks I gone mad scientist with all my experiments a goin' LOL!!!

Lo,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice report, lo, thanks for sharing. :tup:

Whenever someone first hears about ecigs, the first reaction is usually "you could put weed in there man!". Seems like it's a bit more complicated... I haven't heard of anyone doing it with good success. Yet!

Not sure about PG as a solvent... skipped too many science classes. One would think BHO would be good to use since it's about as close to pure thc as you can get--- nothing left to extract. Would it mix evenly into the solution though? And even if it did, would the atty make it available for proper absorption into the lungs?

This will definitely be a high priority at FC labs when we get funding. You can tell your husband you're a pioneer in a very important field of research. :D

:science:

vtac,

Lo

:) Yeah, I get that - you could put weed in there a LOT. Others think I'm already smoking weed in my screwdriver...

Thanks. I have confirmed that it does work to some extent. Told my sister I still need a lightweight guinea pig (her) to try too but haven't got that far.

I have had two WONDERFUL nights of sleep. I also puffed it throughout the day and vaped WAY less than usual, felt pretty darn good.

I realized it MUSt be working when I found myself wanting to work on powering my own e-cig atomizer, running to harbor freight to look for things to cannabalize.... Pretty darn sure I was buzzed LMAO!!!

I used the PG/VG mixture since that is what the smoke juice is usually made with. I did read and see that the PG is def a TYPE of alcohol... Still not sure how well it extracts but I do believe it extracts somethin' LOL! Jeez why didn't I study this stuff in school :D

I WISH I could learn how to do the BHO but jeepers I just learned how to use butane in my iolites... Kinda scared of butane but... Give me time, I might have to learn that too.

I've been telling my husband I'm a pioneer for years ;) He just thinks I'm nuts!! Ti's fine :D

Lo,

Lo

Damn I'm excited about this! Gave a friend an e-smoking friend a bottle today - waiting to hear a report from him and his wife.

So far atomizer is okay though I do think the juice floods it easier than the juice I normally vape. It vapes fine. I find it leaves a pot taste in my mouth but it's subtle and not the tasty puff flavor.... More like a 'smoked weed' taste. I WAY prefer the flavor of vaporizing the weed. I added some banana flavoring to a little vial of it, MUCH BETTER and have used it on and off throughout the day. I've vaped a few times but less than usual as it seems I can maintain the buzz with the tincture in the e-cig. I'm switching between 2 screwdrivers... 1 for nicotine and 1 for :D

Waiting for my other experiments to finish :peace:

Lo,

Lo

Tap, tap, tap.... Is this thing on?? I might be talkin' to a walll....But in case anyone is reading.

I didn't think the tincture was really strong enough though for what I'd want. It does work well in the e-cig and hasn't killed an atty, seems to have some effect as well but... I want more!

I was experimenting with some versions of green dragon and the likes. I did some with ABV and some goodies added in. I used everclear and then the candle warmer to help evaporate off 1/2 or so of the alcohol. Wasn't sure whether to drink or try to vape it. How about both???

I decided to spike my other tincture with some of the everclear and added some VG to thicken up a bit. I was going to seriously test further but then a friend brought me something tasty... I got distracted! I got stoned! I vaped a little, then I decided to try a bit of the everclear, drank a LITTLE bit of that. Then I puffed the everclear and tincture mix. Okay, I don't know what exactly worked but man I was high! Slept great too!!! Now I just have to find time to do some serious testing...such hard work LOL!!

I do think that there is some possibility here, love to hear thoughts and what others have tried so far. I want to find ways to use end of bags I've been hoarding for years and abv but don't want to be eating brownies n such. Trying to watch the fat n carbs plus it'd be hard to tell my husband and son to stay away from the brownies n cookies LMAO!!!

Dump some brain cells on me if you have other suggestions please :D I'm playing mad scientist here...by myself ;)

Lo,

Lo

Well, not sure anyone is reading this but thought I'd update!!

The oil in the e-juice does seem to kick the atomizers ass after awhile. I even tried diluting it down further but it seems the oils don't allow the atomizer to function well after a bit of use. Still glad I tried it though. I feel confident that the juice would not be strong enough to work with the few puffs you use the e-cig for. Still it was fun to try!! Now I will soak that atomizer in some everclear and see if it will come back to life... If so, I may just puff the juice a little just for the smell/taste!

The tinctures I made rock though and are wonderful sleep aids :D

Lo,

Lo

I must be missing something. That is the same thread we've been following...been posted in this thread a few times prior. I read it before I started experimenting and posted the link here.

I would love to see if it's the real deal but it really doesn't sound right. First off orange oil, peppermint oil, hell any oil (inlcuding THC) seems to make the atomizers die a slow, painful death.

Also, from what I've read PG IS a type of alcohol based product just not the alcohols we're used to seeing. Some people also add a few drops of alcohol like vodka or everclear to their juice to add throat hit.

I did quite a bit of reading and experimenting. I 'think' and I could be wrong... that the juice would need to be so potent to work yet somehow not kill the atomizers that it is a really tough task to make. I've now tried several variations with limited results. I even dissolved a nice soylet green keif tablet in one batch.

I think that the BHO extraction from what I've heard MIGHT make it potent enough to gather an effect from it before the atomizer is oiled to death. I have NO experience with that YET :D Times like these I wish I'd have chosen a career in science :2c:

I would LOVE to find a way to make a tincture that worked well so if anyone actually has some success holler at me PLEASE!! I'm off cigs for like 95 days now WHEEE!!

Lo,

Trixer

Man oh man do I have some awesome insight for you!!!!!

Ok first things lets touch base on your extraction method, stop using washes as your extraction method and use buetian, either do what I do and get MnM mini tub, drill the holds pack the bud and run about two cans of buetian through it, holding it over a glass plate thats sitting in a shallow boal of warm water, let the buetian dry completely, takes normally about 30 mins to an hour depending on where you live, you will know when it drys and if your unsure then just let it sit longer, after two hours its defently completely dried.

Ok after you have your extract to make it useable for us heavy smokers your going to need suspend 4-5 mgs of this thc in every 1 ml of juice (just use pg nothing else), this is the tricky part here because for a 10ml bottle of juice you need about 5 grams of this extract (about an ounce worth of bud).

See the trick here is that pg is an achole but its not a nonpolar solvent

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solvent, and http://webphysics.davidson.edu/physlet_resources/bu_semester2/c08_dielectric_constant.html to understand why.

This is where stuff gets a tad bit dangerious but if your a smart adult then you should be safe!

Take you some vodka (I like the goose) and an eye dropper and drop it over the thc extract until all is asorbed, dont use fresh vodka each time fill a dropper empty it on the thc and suck it back up and keep doing that, add more vodka as needed (to extract 5 grams, you should end up using about two or three shots total, but dont just add the shots do it drop by drop this is important here!)

now heres the tricky part, we want to make our vodka "drop off" the thc inside of our pg, in order to do this take you about 15 ml of your pg and mix it with your thc vodka stuff...

Ok if ever in your life you were careful with measurements this is the time, nothing harmful will come from it but the more careful you are the better your yield!

With a CANDY THERMOMETER I can not stress enough about how this needs to be a candy grade one, any hobby shop will have one, and its extremely presise, get an eletric one if you can afford it they can get costly, SLOWLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heat this mixture to 148.5F (it should start boiling), you have to keep the temp at this level, seriously this is beyond important, we only want to boil off the vodka and nothing else. PG has a very high boiling point, but we have to be careful not to smoke our thc before we get to smoke it ;) so use something you have fine control of the tempeture with

After bout 5 mins the boiling normally will start to become more of a simmer.. when it starts to simmer take it from the heat and instantly chill it, the best way to do this is take your pan and put it in a bowl of ice. The rapid chilling helps keep the thc stable.

After that your good to go, you should have around 10-12 ml of fluid. I find that it normally takes about two drops in a cartige to get a good vape high.

Please note that your mileage may variey and please dont blame me if you kill your self in any way.. use well vented areas for everything (thats why your stove has a fan on it!) and be smart! Another smart thing is for when your boiling off your vodka, use a double boiler, easier to minitor temp, and much more smart!

EDIT NOTE

If your scared to boil off the vodka, you can let it sit under a light (use a lamp pointing at it) over night, and that should evaporate a good portion of the vodka out, the juice isn't going to be as potent and might be a little harsher (that throat hit people talk about) but i would recommend starting out with that, if your worried about boiling stuff (plus boiling stuff is hard to do with small amounts like the 10ml bottle I talk about here)

Trixer,

PressEnter

Thank you so much, Trixer.

I will try and report. :cool:
There seems to be a great way of doing it, which I saw in another forum. Please read through it and I am very interested to hear your comments.

This is it:
http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/417811-propylene-glycol-thc-tincture-recipe-me.html

Looking 4ward 2 ur reply...

Trixer said:

Ok first things lets touch base on your extraction method, stop using washes as your extraction method and use buetian, either do what I do and get MnM mini tub, drill the holds pack the bud and run about two cans of buetian through it, holding it over a glass plate thats sitting in a shallow boal of warm water, let the buetian dry completely, takes normally about 30 mins to an hour depending on where you live, you will know when it drys and if your unsure then just let it sit longer, after two hours its defently completely dried.

Ok after you have your extract to make it useable for us heavy smokers your going to need suspend 4-5 mgs of this thc in every 1 ml of juice (just use pg nothing else), this is the tricky part here because for a 10ml bottle of juice you need about 5 grams of this extract (about an ounce worth of bud).

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solvent, and http://webphysics.davidson.edu/physlet_resources/bu_semester2/c08_dielectric_constant.html to understand why.

This is where stuff gets a tad bit dangerious but if your a smart adult then you should be safe!

Take you some vodka (I like the goose) and an eye dropper and drop it over the thc extract until all is asorbed, dont use fresh vodka each time fill a dropper empty it on the thc and suck it back up and keep doing that, add more vodka as needed (to extract 5 grams, you should end up using about two or three shots total, but dont just add the shots do it drop by drop this is important here!)

now heres the tricky part, we want to make our vodka "drop off" the thc inside of our pg, in order to do this take you about 15 ml of your pg and mix it with your thc vodka stuff...

Ok if ever in your life you were careful with measurements this is the time, nothing harmful will come from it but the more careful you are the better your yield!

With a CANDY THERMOMETER I can not stress enough about how this needs to be a candy grade one, any hobby shop will have one, and its extremely presise, get an eletric one if you can afford it they can get costly, SLOWLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heat this mixture to 148.5F (it should start boiling), you have to keep the temp at this level, seriously this is beyond important, we only want to boil off the vodka and nothing else. PG has a very high boiling point, but we have to be careful not to smoke our thc before we get to smoke it ;) so use something you have fine control of the tempeture with

After bout 5 mins the boiling normally will start to become more of a simmer.. when it starts to simmer take it from the heat and instantly chill it, the best way to do this is take your pan and put it in a bowl of ice. The rapid chilling helps keep the thc stable.

After that your good to go, you should have around 10-12 ml of fluid. I find that it normally takes about two drops in a cartige to get a good vape high.

Please note that your mileage may variey and please dont blame me if you kill your self in any way.. use well vented areas for everything (thats why your stove has a fan on it!) and be smart! Another smart thing is for when your boiling off your vodka, use a double boiler, easier to minitor temp, and much more smart!

EDIT NOTE

If your scared to boil off the vodka, you can let it sit under a light (use a lamp pointing at it) over night, and that should evaporate a good portion of the vodka out, the juice isn't going to be as potent and might be a little harsher (that throat hit people talk about) but i would recommend starting out with that, if your worried about boiling stuff (plus boiling stuff is hard to do with small amounts like the 10ml bottle I talk about here)

PressEnter,

Lo

Oh boy! Thank you for that post!! I had come to the conclusion that BHO might be the ticket. I have never done the BHO but have only watched the videos. Never even owned a can of butane before my first Iolite but... I've been itching to try it. Even more so now after reading your post.

I figure if I get completely off the nicotine it would be nice to have another use for all my e-cig crap! Plus the first question everyone asks is - Can you put weed in it?? LOL! I would love to say, why yes - you can!

I guess I need to study the BHO process and go from there. I hope someone with BHO experience will try it too and let us know their experience. I will get there eventually I'm sure - I just don't know enough about the butane processes just yet.

Lo,

Trixer

This is it:
http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/417811-propylene-glycol-thc-tincture-recipe-me.html

I dont like this method because he isnt really blending the thc with the PG he is boiling it into it (trying to take a round peg and stick it in a square hole basically.. with enough force its gonna work but there is gonna be gaps)

Now as far as a further explaination of the extraction method, ill tell you my thoughts on the extraction using good old buetain. First off you can google "honey bee extractor" and get one of those or you can follow my method.

Take you an MnM minis tube and drill three small holes in the bottom of it (I like to use the small point of a nail, holes down need to be large you dont want anything falling through them!)

Then poke a small hole in the top for the tip of the can (again I like to use the pointed end of a nail, and just kind of work it gently until you get something that the nipple of the can can go into pretty good)

After that, take about an ounce of some green, and remove all seeds from it, leaves stems and everything else REMOVE ALL SEEDS ALLL SEEDS one more time ALLLLLLLLLLL SEEDS, the oils in the seeds cause problems, give you headaches, and make you shoot blanks. There is nothing in seeds of any value besides baby plants, and I dont grow so baby plants are useless to me.

now take you an eletric coffee grinder, and run your ounce through it, you should litterally have a powder so fine you could snort it... dont snort it.. that would be dumb... and painful.. and useless.. trust me voice of experience here...

Take this powder and pack it loosely into your MnM tube, you want to try and get as much as you can in there. Pack it good but leave room for air.

Now take a glass cooking pan, and set it inside of a shallow bowl of warm water, you dont want water in the pan, just around it.

Hold your MnM tube over the pan and run about two cans of buetain through it, after you have done that you can empty the tube and pack more and run another two cans through it, Normally I end up having to do an ounce in a bout three payloads, so six cans of beutian.

After that just leave it alone for about an hour and a half.. it normally takes less time but I would rather you be safe then sorry.. So in about 1 to 1.5 hours come back, and there will be an oily honey like stuff that is around the color of reeses PB.

Take you a razor blade.. a razor blade... not a credit card.. or a spoon.. or anything else that you think might work in place of a razor blade.. trust me.. I have tried everything and I mean everything! and scrape the stuff into a pile, generally you will get about 3-6 grams of pure THC out of an ounce of your normal street type bud.. If you use something like dro or really high grade stuff, I have gotten up to 12 grams (which is almost 50% THC content, thats really really good)

Now you can vape this stuff straight out of a normal vaperizer, if you use your ecig it will most likely gum up the atomizer, in this form, what ever you do dont smoke this stuff in any way that uses a lighter directly to the extract, it will all burn up before you even start hitting it.

Now the great thing about THC and most active chems in plants is that its a non-polar meaning that it will litterally mix homogeneously (very very well blended) with any other non polar liquid, most of which are your clear alcohols in nature. Rubbing alcohol is commonly used because it drys very quickly, but I prefer vodka cause if you injest it, its ok. Strength is not an issue at all, we have already done the extract so all we are looking is for a method to suspend the extract to keep it from degrading under sunlight (THC litterally will rust if left exposed to the air, so we have to suspend it in something)

Take an eye dropper and drip vodka on it, recycling your drops.. it should take a couple shots or so using this method to get it all soaked up. The color will be a greenish black.

Afterwards your safe to store it like this in a freezer for as long as you need to, you can drop it in your ecig cards this way, or another vaporizor, a word to the wise, is give it about 10 mins to dry before putting heat to it, so that its not so harsh.. smoking vodka is harsh lol, so let the vodka dry a bit first...

I have also taken the time to suspend this is PG using my method above, I really wouldnt advice it, generally its just to much trouble for what its worth, the only thing it adds is simply adds a bit more smoke and maybe flavoring.. Personally I dont think its worth the trouble, it dosnt help save your atomizor really all that much.... just drop the vodka based stuff on it and smoke it that way, when your done clean your atom real good with rubbing aclohole and you will be fine!

Some other fun stuff to do with your new found thc juice, is to just put a couple drops in your mouth under your tongue, it stings a little at first but about 30 mins later you will wonder how the heck you got so high lol!

Trixer,

Lo

Thanks for the explanation of your extraction process!!

Lo,

Trixer

PressEnter,

one thing I want to note to you, is that the prossess of cooking anything with a lid on it is called refluxing, basically what is happening in that pot, is the thc is getting vaporized, and floating up to the lid where it creates pressure, and then cools down and falls into the water/oil.

I personally think this is a bad way to extract simply because your presmoking your thc lol. Plus alot im sure is lost to the air and heat at the same time.

Stick with my method above, short of some serious bio chem stuff its the best way to extract THC, just use a room with a fan going and the window open, and dont light a lighter in there (even if you did I doubt anything would happen if its ventilated but safety first kids)

Also some people say that using the plastic tube like I do is bad because the buitane will suck up some of the plastic chemicals too, but I have found no evidence of this, both from inspection with a micrometer and just general testing.

Another thing I would like to note is that you can use this to extract any alkaloid from any plant, most active chems in plants are alkaloids. Some examples are

Rose Oil - Will give you a VERY strong rose scented oil that can be used to make candles, perfumes, or anything else.... Please use small amounts this stuff is strong.

LCA - this is commonly found in two seeds, if your interested do a google and you will find them easly enough.

philsocybin - This is the active chemical in your trippy shrooms, please becareful when dosing this start extremely small, I dont want anyone to get hurt!

Things like bananas and oranges can also be used to pull the active chemicals out of them, for health reasons.

Just remember what ever your working with needs to be completely and utterly bone dry, and powdery (use a coffee grinder those things work awesomely)

Trixer,

jrcortez

Trixer said:

EDIT NOTE

This all sounds great but isn't the boiling point of Everclear 173F? Isn't it an Ethyl alcohol not a methyl alcohol?

jrcortez,

jrcortez

So with unanswered questions I went on and did the experiment. I used an ounce of weed, the honey bee extractor and a can of impurity free 10 fl oz butane to make the hash oil. I then dissolved the oil in about 60 ml of 95% alcohol (everclear). I then added 15 ml of vegetable glycerine. I slowly brought the mixture to a boil which unlike Trixer's directions wasnt until about 185F where it was remaining constant. It was at this point in which I had boiled off so much alcohol that the giant digital candy thermometer that was so highly recommended tipped over my tiny pyrex beaker. All of it was wasted on my heating element, stove and floor. I did not manage to save any of it. Throughout the process however everything seemed to be working flawlessly. I had an amazing BHO extraction which dissolved easily in the alcohol. That mixture then easily mixed with the VG and the alcohol was visibly boiling off. The mixture was a nice honey color very similar to the vape pen mixer. I am positive my tincture would have worked and I cant wait to try it again. I was at college and left for the holidays so I wont be able to try the experiment again until I get back in early january. going to use a smaller glass analog thermometer next time. the oz was mid-grade so it only cost me $120 which was scholarship refund money so Im not too mad over the deal :).
img0238qq.jpg

img0239ks.jpg

jrcortez,

MacRadish

I'm about ready to pull this off. Okief extractor just arrived.

jrcortez said:
I then added 15 ml of vegetable glycerine.
Trixer used PG, any reason you chose VG?

jrcortez said:
I slowly brought the mixture to a boil which unlike Trixer's directions wasnt until about 185F where it was remaining constant.
Which could be explained by the PG/VG difference.

jrcortez said:
It was at this point in which I had boiled off so much alcohol that the giant digital candy thermometer that was so highly recommended tipped over my tiny pyrex beaker. All of it was wasted on my heating element, stove and floor. I did not manage to save any of it.
Bummer man, sorry to hear that.

jrcortez said:
Throughout the process however everything seemed to be working flawlessly.
Good to hear.

I'll be trying this soon, got a 6V thagbuilt.com PV and a bunch of various sized atomizers with adapters to try them all to see which medicates the best.

MacRadish,

Lo

I'm about your mishap there J!

Good luck Mac.... I'm tuned in :D

Lo,

Lo

That's the one I think is a good place to start without spending loads of dough Freeman! My only other suggestion is to get her some juice so she can keep refilling those cartridges. Maybe some sample sizes of flavors. I hope it helps her kick the smokes!!

If she likes it, get her backups of EVERYTHING and extra juice :D so there is no excuse to go back to smokes!!

Lo,

freeman dyson

yup, i got juice samples coming too. where do you find is the best place to buy it? that heaven gifts is cheap but shipping takes forever and is expensive. right now i am looking at nhale and vapor4life for samples. and ive also been told to get the 510 to 901/KR808/greencig adapter. also, do you think it is worth getting one of those better batteries? are the 2 regular batteries that come with it enough?

freeman dyson,

MacRadish

lo said:
Good luck Mac.... I'm tuned in :D
So far so good.

Disclaimer. I never did a BHO extraction before.

Hardware.
I have read and seen where one could use a plastic this or a metal that for the tube, I went in search for something in stainless steel, couldn't find a steel turkey baster locally. Visited Home Depot, Lowes and an ACE Hardware, also found online metal fabricators that will cut any kind of pipe or tube at any length at any thickness. Then I saw okief.com was finally going to be shipping their products in December so went that route. There was still some learning curve time needed for this whole e-cig thing anyway and also time waiting for my thagbuilt.com MOD to be made.

I bought the single tube extractor model from okief and it arrived Friday. I already received all the various type e-cig atomizers, adapters, cartridges, batteries etc etc.

Product.
A while back I elected a new and upcoming dispensary as my caregiver and in return they give me an O monthly. I have to say December's O was not the best, some shit called Haystack, but I thought for my first run and considering this whole thing is an experiment to begin with, it would be the perfect medicinal candidate.

Procedure.
I thought, why couldn't there be some Everclear waiting in the receiving basin? It might make Trixer's eyedropper part not needed which seemed tedius. Then I thought, why not have the propylene glycol (PG), a base used for e-juice, in the basin and skip the whole alcohol to PG transfer?

So I asked a couple of experienced chemists. They recommended extracting into the Everclear first so that's what I did.

I extracted into a basin containing about 2oz of Everclear and received a nice golden brown thin final product. I let some everclear evaporate. It was easy to eyedropper up and mix half and half with some PG. I let it sit over night to see if it would separate, from what I can tell this morning, it did not. So I know that approximately half the volume is Everclear.

That's where I'm at now, allowing some evaporation to take place while at work. Depending on how fast that goes I may have to do Trixer's gentle boiling of the PG to reduce it sooner rather then waiting on evaporation.

ra

MacRadish,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Cant you use something low heat based? Like a candle warmer or even put it in a crock pot (on low) for an extended period of time? That is a slow constant heat that isnt 'too' hot.

AGBeer,
Top Bottom